Author Topic: what was the website again that Chaim mentioned?  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
what was the website again that Chaim mentioned?
« on: July 04, 2007, 05:57:42 PM »
Bunch of CD's that teach great Hebrew? I think I'm ready to start.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: what was the website again that Chaim mentioned?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:12:57 PM »
It's audioforum.com.  I had my notepad open on my computer during the show to jot down all the important info ;)

Would you consider splitting the cost with someone else and making MP3 rips of them?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 06:15:34 PM by Z. Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »
It's audioforum.com.  I had my notepad open on my computer during the show to jot down all the important info ;)

Would you consider splitting the cost with someone else and making MP3 rips of them?

Isn't that stealing?

I don't think it's too kosher...

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
Would it be stealing to let a friend use your CDs?  It's pretty much the same thing.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 06:25:52 PM »
Lending a friend a CD and posting it online in mp3 for free doesn't sound right.

BTW, did Chaim mention which program to buy? There were a few listed.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:30:15 PM »
Yes, he recommended the Hebrew (modern) basic course.  It costs $285.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 06:44:33 PM »
Oh, I speak Hebrew, but it's good to know.

I want to learn Arabic. Maybe I will do it this summer.

Offline shlomo122

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 06:45:40 PM »
Oh, I speak Hebrew, but it's good to know.

I want to learn Arabic. Maybe I will do it this summer.

Why Arabic?
As long as in the heart, within,
A Jewish soul is yearning,
And towards the end of the East
An eye still watches toward Zion,

Our hope is not yet lost,
The hope of two thousand years,
To be a free nation in our own land,
The land of Zion and Jerusalem.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
Lot's of reasons.

Mainly, with the threat of Arab terrorist getting stronger and stronger, it's more and more important to understand the enemy's language.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »
Don't kill me for saying this, but I also think that Arabic is a cool language.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »
Don't kill me for saying this, but I also think that Arabic is a cool language.

:o :o :o       :-X

Offline shlomo122

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
Cool?
Mandarin is real cool :)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »
Cool?

I hate Chinese (the language not the people)...

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »
Cool?

Yeah me too I think it's a really ugly language.  It doesn't sound like a language that's meant to be spoken by humans to me.  It sounds like it's some kind of extra-terrestrial language that would be spoken by aliens if they exist.

Offline shlomo122

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 07:05:56 PM »
Cool?

Yeah me too I think it's a really ugly language.  It doesn't sound like a language that's meant to be spoken by humans to me.  It sounds like it's some kind of extra-terrestrial language that would be spoken by aliens if they exist.

;D

Mandarin is normal language
And more that 1,200,000,000 ppl dont have any problems with mandarin