Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63481 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2014, 03:11:29 AM »
I've been delving into ambient electronic music... Just found this band, Carbon Based Lifeforms...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_Based_Lifeforms
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2014, 03:19:41 AM »

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:48 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »

4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Lecha Dodi (different Sefardi/Yerushalmi style)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:47:48 PM by Tag-MehirTzedek »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:01 PM »

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #407 on: February 05, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »
Last Sunday a friend of mine and I started listening to some old Creedence Clearwater Revival....

John Fogerty, who wrote the songs and sang them, played with the Dead a number of times...

Born on the Bayou:

Bad Moon Rising:

Fortunate Son:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #408 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
So, being a 'fan' of Alfonso Rachels 'Zonation' segment on PJTV I have obviously heard him talking about his band project '20 lb sledge'... So I thought I'd give it a listen...

Gotta admit I think his Christian message is a bit much sometimes. I have had to stop some of his videos when he gets 'preachy' about his belief in his messiah... I have not listened to this video of 'Divine Battery' but I saw the lyrics and it talks about 'the ghost' which I assume is one of the trinity... So if you don't want to listen, don't...

Right-Winging Woman:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #409 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:06 AM »
Shalom Shalom!

I am listening to a Rabbi I posted in the Torah section who was discussing 'What a name is'...

This song came to mind:

PS: BARUCH HASHEM! It is raining here in northern California. We are experiencing a drought here, and any rainfall is a blessing from above. May Hashem satisfy our needs and cause faith to flourish.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #410 on: February 07, 2014, 03:22:49 AM »
I'm out... Having Shabbat at home this week, looking forward to a good day,,,

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #411 on: February 07, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »
+1 CCR band. the cover they did on "I put a spell on you" is the best cover. 

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #412 on: February 07, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2014, 02:02:28 AM »
They were the best of times, they were the worst of times... But they were my times...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2014, 02:11:15 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #416 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:17 AM »
From the rare 'Man of Miracles' album... 'Golden Lark/Song for Suzanne'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #417 on: February 12, 2014, 03:51:17 AM »
Don't know if anyone will join me... I'm about to 'zone out' and go to sleep to some 'infected mushroom'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #418 on: February 13, 2014, 03:20:04 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #419 on: February 13, 2014, 03:25:40 AM »
Release Meeeeeee

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
The treasure...
of...
an endless...
ocean...
of love...
lies...
in your...
soul...
behind...
the windows...
that are...
your...
eyes...

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #422 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:45 AM »
Purim is in the air, coming up next month, and the Purim music is flowing...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »
Though Purim is still about a month away, we are in the first month of Adar. The Talmud tells us to increase joy when Adar starts. We have two Adars this year... Last Friday was 'Little Purim'...

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
I'm not even a Jew, but this almost makes me cry like a little girl.