Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63410 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #450 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:09 AM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #451 on: March 23, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
We all have 'Grand Designs'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #452 on: March 23, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
Mr Neil Peart is a drummers drummer...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #453 on: March 23, 2014, 11:30:42 PM »
Now for something almost completely different (though not very different)...

Blue Oyster Cult is a little known bad which had some very incredible airplay...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #454 on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:15 AM »

Inspiring music stands the test of time.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #455 on: March 24, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »
Veterans are inspiring

The little children in my daughters school loved this patriotic song.

Okay...had to break up the 80s rock flashback I was having.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:21:48 AM by bullcat3 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #456 on: March 25, 2014, 04:21:59 AM »
Oseh Shalom..

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #457 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #458 on: March 26, 2014, 02:27:10 AM »
Shalom Shalom Shalom,

Just got an email this morning from Matisyahu (his website)... He has a new CD coming out soon... It is called Akeda (I assume an allusion to 'The Akeidah' which was Abrahams 10th and final test)... I have not heard any of it yet. I hope it is good.

Here is what I can find on youtube...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #459 on: March 26, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »
Symphonic Religious Metal

lyrics:

Her blackened eye reflects the soul
angelic she stands
every minute passes by
with a silent cry

All alone, no one there
her senseless way of life
she tried to tell
but you never listened

Hate for this eternal pain
for never ending grief
for burning down my heart
for crushing my life

Walking now alone
a shadow without light
tears sprinkle my skin
my heart just want to die

Her whole life she felt unloved
unaccepted
just too much for her little heart
and it tears my eyes and eats my soul
this everlasting memory so cruel
feeds my pain
now just a grave is left
all being just black and grey
and nothing's alright

Tears in her eyes
witch no one sees
no friend in her life at all
this false love was the last nail
in her coffin
just enough to leave

You never ever listened
and now she died
you never ever listened
and now she died

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2014, 02:39:47 AM »
This video, by the band 8th day, is posted to remind us of the Brit Milah, which is commanded in the portion we read this coming Shabbat, and was originally commanded to our father Avraham...

From Lech Lecha (Beresheit/Genesis 17:10-12):

10. This is My covenant, which you shall observe between Me and between you and between your seed after you, that every male among you be circumcised.
11. And you shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be as the sign of a covenant between Me and between you.
12. And at the age of eight days, every male shall be circumcised to you throughout your generations, one that is born in the house, or one that is purchased with money, from any foreigner, who is not of your seed.

From Tazria (Vayikra/Leviticus 12:2-3):

2. Speak to the children of Israel, saying: If a woman conceives and gives birth to a male, she shall be unclean for seven days; as [in] the days of her menstrual flow, she shall be unclean.
3. And on the eighth day, the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #461 on: March 28, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
 That is a nice song and a beautiful video.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2014, 12:40:44 AM »
That is a nice song and a beautiful video.

Shalom, And Shavuah Tov (Good Week) to everyone...

Thank you Bullcat3, I do love that song by 8th day...

Last week my friends son was interested in drumming and drummers and brought up 'African Style' drumming which is something which Mickey Hart, one of the original drummers of the Dead, had quite a bit of experience with all kinds of drums from around the world. We started looking for videos on youtube and I would like to share some of them...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #463 on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:53 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #464 on: March 30, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »
Mickey is an 'unobservant Jew' according to reports I have read... I am hoping he returns soon...

He visits and plays in Israel...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #465 on: March 30, 2014, 11:39:43 PM »
While I was in the chatroom of the 5th Temple Mount Awareness presentation I discussed music. One of the participants suggested I check out Ofer Francis.... Some very moving melodies...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »
The Temple Awareness program featured a musician by the name of Yitzchak Meir Malek... I tried to find some of his music on youtube...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #467 on: March 31, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »
Some more drumming exploration with Mickey Hart...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2014, 01:07:40 AM »
Here is a special treat, in the 90s the Grateful Dead had re-invented their sound. They honed their genre's including their Jazzy numbers by having talented co-musicians who would fill in their trademark sound...

Branford Marsalis is one such talented musician. During this period he provided a lush saxophone sound. Branford Marsalis is acknowledged as an accomplished jazz musician...

Here he is playing Eyes of the World with the band...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #469 on: March 31, 2014, 01:25:42 AM »
More from The GD and Branford...

Ok, last GD, drums & space...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:34 AM »
Ok, all the talk about prohibition of music has made me want to listen to some Jewish music (how does that work?)...

From the Maccabeats...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #471 on: April 06, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
Rabbi Shlomo Katz and Naftali Kalfa sing of Zion...

Yaakov Schweky sings a moving 'Cry no more'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #472 on: April 06, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »
Avraham Fried with 'Father don't cry'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #473 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
I'm sorry, I cried while watching the previous video. How I do miss my father now, three years after his passing... I know the song talks about Hashem, but our physical father is one of the three parties involved with the birth of a baby...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge