Author Topic: the truce would be logical for a small gentile nation in israel's situation  (Read 735 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Do you thinks perhaps Israel agreed to this truce in order to not deplete its resources for a bigger conflict eg Iran, hezballah? 

The truth is, if Israel showed might and no mercy in Gaza even with the civilians and eradicated them, it would not draw enemies into a conflict.  Rather, enemies of Israel would go the opposite way and fear Israel.  That's how Gd works with us Jews.  When we show strength, the world will respect us more.  This generation lacks guts and faith in Hashem, in my opinion.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I don't think it is so directly related. Iran was a factor but I think more in a diplomatically level then tactical regarding this gaza conflict.
I don't think Bibi and Barak wanted to send troops if they could avoid it. Now Israel can appear as "restrained" and "responsible" because we didn't send troops in and chose to negotiate a cease fire.