Author Topic: Meretz Campaign: Sabbath Desecration, Gay Wedding  (Read 855 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Meretz Campaign: Sabbath Desecration, Gay Wedding
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:39 AM »
Meretz Campaign: Sabbath Desecration, Gay Wedding
The far-left Meretz party with an MK ‘marrying’ three couples in response to Jewish Home MK’s statement.
First Publish: 1/4/2013, 11:15 AM

The far-left Meretz party kicked its campaign into gear this week with a “wedding ceremony” conducted by an MK for three couples. MK Nitzan Horowitz “married” two women, two men, and a man and woman in a ceremony outside the Rabbinate in Tel Aviv.

Israel does not recognize marriage ceremonies for homosexual couples or other couples forbidden to marry under Jewish law, but does recognize marriages performed abroad, including same-sex marriages.

Horowitz indicated that the ceremony, which will not be recognized, was a response to comments from Rabbi Eli Ben-Dahan, who is in fourth place on the Bayit Yehudi (Jewish Home) list. Rabbi Ben-Dahan said that same-sex marriage is “a recipe for the destruction of the Jewish people.”

Horowitz accused him of “spreading hate and evil.”

Meretz also plans another front in its campaign against the influence of Jewish tradition in Israeli life with the resumption of Sabbath busing. The party has often provided Sabbath revelers with free busing in the past as a statement.

This Friday night the party plans to send “Meretz’s Sabbath Buses” to Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and the Sharon region in protest of the fact that most Israeli cities do not offer public transportation on the Sabbath.

Meretz argues that not providing subsidized public transportation is a form of religious coercion. “Nobody forces the hareidim to drive on the Sabbath, why do the hareidim prevent my freedom of movement?” MK Horowitz said.

Public transportation is limited on the Sabbath under religious-secular status-quo agreements, in which, decades ago, the government agreed to maintain existing practice regarding respect for Jewish tradition but not to institute new forms of public Jewish observance.

Previous Meretz busing initiatives have failed to spark significant interest.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Meretz Campaign: Sabbath Desecration, Gay Wedding
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »
Israel does not recognize marriage ceremonies for homosexual couples or other couples forbidden to marry under Jewish law, but does recognize marriages performed abroad, including same-sex marriages.
Someone please tell me that the story has the above policy wrong... Talk about convincing the gullible and lulling the suspicious... What is the point of having a law like this... People wishing to evade the law can go on a weekend trip and come back married ... As far as the bus situation goes people can just avoid the bus service... When the bus company sees its not profitable they will suspend the service on their own.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:02 PM »
Someone please tell me that the story has the above policy wrong... Talk about convincing the gullible and lulling the suspicious... What is the point of having a law like this... People wishing to evade the law can go on a weekend trip and come back married ... As far as the bus situation goes people can just avoid the bus service... When the bus company sees its not profitable they will suspend the service on their own.

Your correct it is a problem, but the problem would be even more problematic if you had them in the State doing these things (as these meretz pigs want). Only the Rabbanut performs marriages, and people are registered with them. If people perform secular "marriages" they are legally recognized by the state, BUT the Rabbanut still has the papers and proper Jews will never marry into those people. On the other hand having deform and all other sorts of "marriages" and "divorces" can and will lead to more problems because even if separated many of those people would be technically under Jewish laws married, thus would have a situation where their would be Mamzerim (bastards). And Jews should not marry with bastards and only mamzerim marry other mamzerim.
  It will lead to a situation where we would have 2 fully different Jews and in 2 systems never intermixing. 1 group registered and with the Rabbanut the other mixture of all others, Jews, non-Jews, mamzerim etc.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:35 AM »
Your correct it is a problem, but the problem would be even more problematic if you had them in the State doing these things (as these meretz pigs want). Only the Rabbanut performs marriages, and people are registered with them. If people perform secular "marriages" they are legally recognized by the state, BUT the Rabbanut still has the papers and proper Jews will never marry into those people. On the other hand having deform and all other sorts of "marriages" and "divorces" can and will lead to more problems because even if separated many of those people would be technically under Jewish laws married, thus would have a situation where their would be Mamzerim (bastards). And Jews should not marry with bastards and only mamzerim marry other mamzerim.
  It will lead to a situation where we would have 2 fully different Jews and in 2 systems never intermixing. 1 group registered and with the Rabbanut the other mixture of all others, Jews, non-Jews, mamzerim etc.
Actually you are partially correct but those with Deform or CONservative marriages would not be mamzerim as they were not chupa vkidushin to begin  with according to HaRav Moshe Feinstein,ZT"L thus no need for a get.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »
Actually you are partially correct but those with Deform or CONservative marriages would not be mamzerim as they were not chupa vkidushin to begin  with according to HaRav Moshe Feinstein,ZT"L thus no need for a get.

I did hear of this and similar things, (and I don't know much about this) but one way of getting married is by the act itself (see beginning of Ketubot). Today all 3 are done- document with marriage ceremony, item (like a ring) and then after the party being alone together (with the intention of being married. Soo I do not understand why even if the person who performed the ceremony was deformed (or their were other problems for example the witnesses were not kosher or related etc.) that it would not be a real wedding and a real marriage. I think that it was and is probably sometimes rarely done when the guy does not want to give a GET to the women some Rabbis make them divorced by finding somthing like the witnesses not being valid, but this is rarely done.
 I also heard some Rabbis in Israel who don't perform the ceremony correctly when they see the couple don't seem like good people because they might cheat and have mamzerim then. Soo they don't perform in correctly soo it ends up like they are just boy-friend girl-friend in a relationship and not really married.
 I have hard time understanding these things though.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:02:26 AM »
I did hear of this and similar things, (and I don't know much about this) but one way of getting married is by the act itself (see beginning of Ketubot). Today all 3 are done- document with marriage ceremony, item (like a ring) and then after the party being alone together (with the intention of being married. Soo I do not understand why even if the person who performed the ceremony was deformed (or their were other problems for example the witnesses were not kosher or related etc.) that it would not be a real wedding and a real marriage. I think that it was and is probably sometimes rarely done when the guy does not want to give a GET to the women some Rabbis make them divorced by finding somthing like the witnesses not being valid, but this is rarely done.
 I also heard some Rabbis in Israel who don't perform the ceremony correctly when they see the couple don't seem like good people because they might cheat and have mamzerim then. Soo they don't perform in correctly soo it ends up like they are just boy-friend girl-friend in a relationship and not really married.
 I have hard time understanding these things though.
This is a complicated issue & best be left to a mumche(expert).
But what you said above is basically the way it is.