Author Topic: Muslim prayer in school  (Read 3017 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Muslim prayer in school
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:28:47 PM »
On one of the segments of one of the episodes of the O'Reilly Factor earlier in the week, it was reported that Muslims are receiving special treatment.

A blurb from the segment--taken from O'Reilly's site:

"    At one San Diego school, Muslim students gather to pray during a specially designated recess. Islamic spokesman Ibrahim Hooper defended the practice as perfectly reasonable. "Students of all faiths should be allowed to carry out their religious practices, as long as it's student initiated and voluntary." But radio host Roger Hedgecock denounced the sessions as unacceptable. "This is segregated by religion and by gender. We've been taught for fifty years that Jews can't do this, Christians can't do that, but suddenly Muslims can have a school within a school. And the ACLU is notoriously silent." The Factor also questioned why Islamic students receive special treatment. "Muslims have their own room where they go to pray. You're basically giving Islamic students something Jews and Christians don't have."

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=1422

Article: 

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070702-9999-1n2prayer.html

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Muslim prayer in school
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:32:09 PM »
On one of the segments of one of the episodes of the O'Reilly Factor earlier in the week, it was reported that Muslims are receiving special treatment.

A blurb from the segment--taken from O'Reilly's site:

"    At one San Diego school, Muslim students gather to pray during a specially designated recess. Islamic spokesman Ibrahim Hooper defended the practice as perfectly reasonable. "Students of all faiths should be allowed to carry out their religious practices, as long as it's student initiated and voluntary." But radio host Roger Hedgecock denounced the sessions as unacceptable. "This is segregated by religion and by gender. We've been taught for fifty years that Jews can't do this, Christians can't do that, but suddenly Muslims can have a school within a school. And the ACLU is notoriously silent." The Factor also questioned why Islamic students receive special treatment. "Muslims have their own room where they go to pray. You're basically giving Islamic students something Jews and Christians don't have."

http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=1422

Article: 

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20070702-9999-1n2prayer.html

The key word is voluntary....And if it is voluntary then Jews and Christians who wish to do it, ought to do it wherever they can...as long as they don't force others and demean others that don't join them..

What really should be done is that the FBI should brand each of those Muslim students as future potential murderers, terrorists, or financeers of terrorists.  Figure out the mosque they go to and who their imam is. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:32:29 PM »
It's true
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »
From the article I posted:

"In a letter, the religious-rights organization urged the district to broaden its accommodations to Christians and Jews by setting aside separate classrooms for daily prayer and to permit rabbis, priests and other religious figures to lead children in worship on campuses.

A lawyer representing the district said those ideas would violate the Constitution's prohibition against government establishment of religion. "   

I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent.  This lawyer thinks it wouldn't violate the constitution for Muslims to have the right to pray in classrooms but it would violate the constitution if any other religion did so.  Isn't this a clear contradiction, double-standard, hypocrisy? 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »
personally, i wish more Jews did such things..Luckily for me, in dental school, a lot of us did during lunchtime.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »
Notice how the ACLU is silent?  You know they would go crazy if it was Christians or Jews who wanted to pray.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »
From the article I posted:

"In a letter, the religious-rights organization urged the district to broaden its accommodations to Christians and Jews by setting aside separate classrooms for daily prayer and to permit rabbis, priests and other religious figures to lead children in worship on campuses.

A lawyer representing the district said those ideas would violate the Constitution's prohibition against government establishment of religion. "   

I thought lawyers were supposed to be intelligent.  This lawyer thinks it wouldn't violate the constitution for Muslims to have the right to pray in classrooms but it would violate the constitution if any other religion did so.  Isn't this a clear contradiction, double-standard, hypocrisy? 

Lawyers like that..I just want to kick them in the nuuuuuuuuuts!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »
Very true don'nt the parents have any say
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
Notice how the ACLU is silent?  You know they would go crazy if it was Christians or Jews who wanted to pray.

the ACLU (and the UN) are irrelevant in my eyes..of course they would go crazy if it were a non-Muslim...Since when were the ACLU ever fair in judgement?! So to me, they all should also be kicked in the nuts!

newman

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 07:59:33 PM »
If I had a son at that school, I'd tell him to make fart noises and throw pork rind during the muzzie prayer.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »
If I had a son at that school, I'd tell him to make fart noises and throw pork rind during the muzzie prayer.

better to be subtle about so it can be done multiple times.  I would want someone to take a piece of spam and in a cunning way when no one is looking slip it inside one of the Koranic books..hehehe..

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 10:23:36 PM »
hhhahahaha  nuuuuuuuuuuts!!!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »
In all fairness, some high schools do permit lunchtime Christian clubs to meet in a multipurpose or band room, but it seems to me that these Muzzie mud-babies are being accomodated far beyond that.

newman

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 10:28:39 PM »
In all fairness, some high schools do permit lunchtime Christian clubs to meet in a multipurpose or band room, but it seems to me that these Muzzie mud-babies are being accomodated far beyond that.

muslim-nazis believe in making non-muslims 2nd class dhimmis...........
let's do the same to them. Make the muslimettes shine the shoes of the christian and Jewish kids.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007, 12:45:37 AM »
I hope that all Muslims die NOW!!!!!
I am urinating on a Koran.