Author Topic: Quite a holiday Passover is!!!  (Read 941 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Quite a holiday Passover is!!!
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »
It made me think on the last day of Passover the implications behind what took place.  If Passover and the Exodus never took place, all of us Jews would be Egyptians living in a hell hole. 

Absolutely amazing what a turn of history this was when we were freed from slavery!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Quite a holiday Passover is!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 03:28:32 PM »
I'll add, without Jews being freed, here would be no Christianity either...As far as I'm concerned, most of us would still be Egyptian or something even messier.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
It made me think on the last day of Passover the implications behind what took place.  If Passover and the Exodus never took place, all of us Jews would be Egyptians living in a hell hole. 

Absolutely amazing what a turn of history this was when we were freed from slavery!

Shalom Dr Dan,

You just thought of this on the 'last day of Passover'? Didn't you have a seder and read the Haggadah? We say this verbatim during the seder night...

"If our forefathers were not liberated from Mitzrayim we would all still be slaves in Egypt"...

http://www.torah.org/learning/yomtov/pesach/5768hoff.html

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/1814210/jewish/Would-We-Still-Be-Slaves-in-Egypt.htm

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »
Here is the section from the Chabad Haggadah:

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/661624/jewish/English-Haggadah.htm

We were slaves to Pharaoh in Egypt, and the L-rd, our G-d, took us out from there with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm. If the Holy One, blessed be He, had not taken our fathers out of Egypt, then we, our children and our children's children would have remained enslaved to Pharaoh in Egypt. Even if all of us were wise, all of us understanding, all of us knowing the Torah, we would still be obligated to discuss the exodus from Egypt; and everyone who discusses the exodus from Egypt at length is praiseworthy.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
See Rav Kahane's Haggadah and his explanation about we and our children etc. would still be slaves to Pharoah in Egypt and the slave mentality. Very interesting.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:49:46 PM »
Also learn from Dayenue (It would have been enough):

Hebrew Lyrics: Ilu Hotzi-anu Mi-mitzra-yim Da-yeinu

If He had brought us out from Egypt, and had not carried out judgments against them Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had carried out judgments against them, and not against their idols Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had destroyed their idols, and had not smitten their first-born Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had smitten their first-born, and had not given us their wealth Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had given us their wealth, and had not split the sea for us Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had split the sea for us, and had not taken us through it on dry land Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had taken us through the sea on dry land, and had not drowned our oppressors in it Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had drowned our oppressors in it, and had not supplied our needs in the desert for forty years Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had supplied our needs in the desert for forty years, and had not fed us the manna Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had fed us the manna, and had not given us the Shabbat Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had given us the Shabbat, and had not brought us before Mount Sinai Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had brought us before Mount Sinai, and had not given us the Torah Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had given us the Torah, and had not brought us into the land of Israel Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

If He had brought us into the land of Israel, and had not built for us the Beit Habechirah (Chosen House; the Beit Hamikdash) Dayenu, it would have sufficed us!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
The World would not exist had we not accepted The Torah at Mount Sinai.

Also, did anyone ever consider the fact that just like 80% of the Jews died in the Plague of Darkness, while 80% of American Jews voted for Obama (the President of Darkness)?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
See Rav Kahane's Haggadah and his explanation about we and our children etc. would still be slaves to Pharoah in Egypt and the slave mentality. Very interesting.

You mean his son's Hagaddah of the Jewish Idea?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »
Yes, without the Jewish people, Christians would not have received the gospel..we would have no hope for salvation!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:55:24 PM »

You mean his son's Hagaddah of the Jewish Idea?

Yepp. Last name is Kahane as well, many (if not most) lessons are taken from Rav Meir Kahane's books and works though.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
Yes, without the Jewish people, Christians would not have received the gospel..we would have no hope for salvation!

That's not relevant to Passover. Gentiles only need the Noahide Laws for salvation, not a false religion that came 1,500 years later. This is not appropriate for a Jewish forum.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
Yepp. Last name is Kahane as well, many (if not most) lessons are taken from Rav Meir Kahane's books and works though.

I have 2 of them. I bought one in 2003 and the other one somehow appeared at the front door. I don't know where it came from. Maybe Eliyahu HaNavi put it there?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 04:58:28 PM »

I have 2 of them. I bought one in 2003 and the other one somehow appeared at the front door. I don't know where it came from. Maybe Eliyahu HaNavi put it there?

I know Eliyahu is out there today.... He showed up on Rosh Hashanah at a service I attended and made the minyan, nobody ever saw this 'man' before, and he disappeared after the service and did not eat with us.... This is a story I will always remember...

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:45 PM »
I know Eliyahu is out there today.... He showed up on Rosh Hashanah at a service I attended and made the minyan, nobody ever saw this 'man' before, and he disappeared after the service and did not eat with us.... This is a story I will always remember...

That's incredible!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »

Nice  ;)

I wonder where the books are being sold these days (I see some at Amazon which I just ordered another one) but I might want to get this Haggadah for others and I dont see it being sold.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »
HaIvri published them back in 2003.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »

That's not relevant to Passover. Gentiles only need the Noahide Laws for salvation, not a false religion that came 1,500 years later. This is not appropriate for a Jewish forum.

Easy, Binyamin.  We Jews believe in Judaism.  The Christians believe in Christianity.  I think Debbie was just alluding to the fact that Christianity came from Judaism. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 07:01:44 AM »

On this Seder I thought of other implications like how it's good to eat matza because it is the bread of our freedom and not affliction.

Shalom Dr Dan,

You just thought of this on the 'last day of Passover'? Didn't you have a seder and read the Haggadah? We say this verbatim during the seder night...

"If our forefathers were not liberated from Mitzrayim we would all still be slaves in Egypt"...

http://www.torah.org/learning/yomtov/pesach/5768hoff.html

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/1814210/jewish/Would-We-Still-Be-Slaves-in-Egypt.htm