Author Topic: Prayers Requested : Yonatan Ben David's Yartzeit is 23rd of Elul  (Read 989 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shalom,

It is a harsh fact of my life that my brothers Yartzeit (Anniversary of his death) falls out during the week before the High Holidays. This is something that Hashem, in his infinite wisdom, decided upon as part of the fabric of reality. The cataclysmic event of September 11th remains unparalleled, and G-d willing it should never happen again, and adds a dimension to my brothers death which nobody but the family of 9/11 victims can ever comprehend.

Add to this the fact that this week has been incredibly difficult at my work. It seems like Hashem is testing me, and testing me again, till it seems like my stress level goes into the stratosphere. Tonight I was working till 10:30 and didn't get home till 11:30 (the night before I didn't get home till 10PM). Anyway, it has been extremely tiring and the fact that a major bug has fallen into my responsibility at work the week before I am taking off for the Holidays just adds to my discomfort.

I asked my Rabbi to say Kaddish for my brother because I am unable to pull together a minyan in my area (my Rabbi lives 20 minutes away). I will light my yartzeit candle for my brother. I ask all who know me, and care about a fellow Jew, to please remember my brother in their prayers.

His Hebrew name was : Yonatan Ben Dovid

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Prayers Requested : Yonatan Ben David's Yartzeit is 23rd of Elul
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »
It seems I have no friends here... I find that extremely disturbing.

Why can't I even get an Amen here?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:06:26 PM »
I'm your friend Muman, I consider you one of my best friends, I talk about you all the time. And I say AMEN! I saw your post this morning, but didn't know what to say. But I do understand how you feel this time of year. It's supposed to be a happy time for my family, but it has always been filled with sadness( remember the story?).

Stay strong my brother, you are in my prayers!

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
I shall remember your brother in my prayers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
Thank you...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »
May G-d give the soul of Yonatan Ben Dovid rest, give you peace, and the strength to carry on in your work despite the many challenges you have to overcome.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
Amen

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »
Done, may he, you and your family see the revenge upon the perpetrators of that crime. May he have an aliya Neshama be Gan-Eden.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  I will, especially, pray for your brother.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 09:27:04 PM »
Warning! My temper is a little high... A man asks for a freaking prayer request, that has been part of this forum for a long time, and nobody says a damn thing... WTF! He does everything he can for the forum, helping people, posting tons of Torah, ect. Things may have happened in the past(get over it!), but it sure as hell seems to me he is trying to make up for it. But it doesn't matter what he says, he still gets dog piled. From every side! I don't even know why he is here? Maybe we all need to look at ourselves... We won't [censored] get anywhere this way!

This is total [censored]!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
Warning! My temper is a little high... A man asks for a freaking prayer request, that has been part of this forum for a long time, and nobody says a damn thing... WTF! He does everything he can for the forum, helping people, posting tons of Torah, ect. Things may have happened in the past(get over it!), but it sure as hell seems to me he is trying to make up for it. But it doesn't matter what he says, he still gets dog piled. From every side! I don't even know why he is here? Maybe we all need to look at ourselves... We won't [censored] get anywhere this way!

I had work. Muman is my hero. I have his back, and I was happy to pray for him when I saw this. I think you need to put a couple hot rounds in a tree and a few cold ones in you and rethink this statement.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
Done, may he, you and your family see the revenge upon the perpetrators of that crime. May he have an aliya Neshama be Gan-Eden.

Shalom Tag,

I appreciate and agree completely with the feeling. I want to witness the destruction of those who perpetrated this crime. Thank you...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.  I will, especially, pray for your brother.

Thank you so much BC3.... I appreciate your sentiments... I constantly pray for the well-being of all good JTF members even when the going gets tough here...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »

Ephraim,

I am honored that you are concerned so much about this. You are a good friend and a righteous man. You too are in my prayers every day...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »
I had work. Muman is my hero. I have his back, and I was happy to pray for him when I saw this. I think you need to put a couple hot rounds in a tree and a few cold ones in you and rethink this statement.

LKZ,

You too are one who I am always thinking about. I was so happy to hear that your exams went well and  that you seem to me to be advancing in your Jewish learning. It is good to have friends like you.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »
LKZ,

You too are one who I am always thinking about. I was so happy to hear that your exams went well and  that you seem to me to be advancing in your Jewish learning. It is good to have friends like you.

I pray that one day I can give you back the smallest iota of what you've given me, which is more than anything I have.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 12:22:43 AM »
Of course I'll keep Yonatan Ben Dovid, may peace be upon him, in my prayers!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 12:28:33 AM »
Of course I'll keep Yonatan Ben Dovid, may peace be upon him, in my prayers!

May Hashem bless you..