Author Topic: Tommy Robinson leaves edl  (Read 11456 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Tommy Robinson leaves edl
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24442953

EDL leader Tommy Robinson quits group

English Defence League leader and founder Tommy Robinson has left the group, saying he has concerns over the "dangers of far-right extremism".

The EDL organises protests across the UK against "radical Islam".

Mr Robinson said it was still his aim to "counter Islamist ideology", although "not with violence but with better, democratic ideas".

Several senior figures have quit, but an EDL spokesman said the group "will not die because they're walking away".

He added that supporters would spend the next few weeks discussing how to proceed.
'No longer productive'

The EDL, formed in 2009, has organised marches and demonstrations in several cities across the UK, which have seen sometimes violent confrontations with anti-fascism campaigners.

Mr Robinson's co-leader, Kevin Carroll, has also opted to leave.

Their decision follows discussions with the Quilliam group, which describes itself as a "counter-extremism think tank".

Mr Robinson said: "I have been considering this move for a long time because I recognise that, though street demonstrations have brought us to this point, they are no longer productive.

"I acknowledge the dangers of far-right extremism and the ongoing need to counter Islamist ideology not with violence but with better, democratic ideas."

He explained his motives for leaving, telling BBC Radio 5 live's Nicky Campbell: "When some moron lifts up his top and he's got the picture of a mosque saying 'boom' and it's all over the national newspapers, it's me, it's when I pick up my kids from school the parents are looking at me, judging me on that.

"And that's not what I've stood for and my decision to do this is to be true to what I stand for. And whilst I want to lead the revolution against Islamist ideology, I don't want to lead the revolution against Muslims.

"I believe that the revolution needs to come from within the Islamic community and they need to stand up. And I believe this is a step forward not a step back."

Mr Robinson also wrote on Twitter: "The most difficult day of my life! I thank EDL supporters for their messages of support. For me this is a step forwards not backwards."

Quilliam said it hoped Mr Robinson would "invest his energy and commitment in countering extremism of all kinds, supporting the efforts to bring along his former followers and encouraging his critique of Islamism as well as his concern with far-right extremism".
'Caution'

Chairman Maajid Nawaz said: "As well as being a very positive change for the United Kingdom, this is a very proud moment for Quilliam. This represents not a change but a continuation for us, as challenging extremism of all kinds forms the basis of our work.

"We have been able to show that Britain stands together against extremism regardless of political views and hope to continue supporting Tommy and Kevin in their journey to counter Islamism and neo-Nazi extremism."

Mr Robinson and Mr Carroll are due to face trial later this month, charged with obstructing police officers near the scene of the killing of soldier Lee Rigby.

The men allegedly tried to defy a ban on marching to the scene in Woolwich, south-east London, via a major mosque, on 29 June.

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Muslim youth organisation the Ramadhan Foundation, said: "I met Tommy Robinson last week and during that meeting he indicated that he was leaving the EDL because he couldn't control the extremist group, impact on his family and wider legal cases he faces.

"At no stage did he reject his previous disgusting attacks on Islam and Muslims or apologise to the British people for the millions wasted policing their protests.

"I cannot take Tommy Robinson or Kevin Carroll's announcement seriously until they reject their fascist views on Islam and Muslims and would caution other organisations celebrating this announcement as a massive personal achievement."

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Tommy Robinson leaves edl
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
Pamela Geller and that other guy now also 'broke' with the edl:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/10/tommy-robinson-kevin-carroll-pamela-geller-robert-spencer-breaking-with-edl.html

Tommy Robinson, Kevin Carroll, Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer Breaking with EDL

Tommy Robinson and Kevin Carroll are announcing their imminent departure from the English Defence League. This move has come after many months of deliberation and many years of constant efforts by Robinson and Carroll to prevent the EDL from being infiltrated and co-opted by racists, anti-Semites, fascists, neo-Nazis, and far-right elements. Increasingly, Robinson's time has been taking up with patrolling and policing EDL demos to keep out these infiltrators and far-right ideologues. He has decided, and my AFDI colleague Pamela Geller and I strongly endorse his decision, that his time is better spent working for the defense of England and human rights against Sharia and Islamization in different and more effective ways.

This has been a long time coming. Back on June 30, 2011, Pamela Geller wrote: that because of the "neo-fascists that had infiltrated the administration of the group," she was withdrawing her support from the EDL." In looking at the same evidence, I wrote, "I agree wholeheartedly." Tommy Robinson immediately issued a statement to SIOA, saying: "We repudiate any individual, group or writing that favors anti-Semitism, neofascism, and any race-based ideology. Any rogue elements within the EDL who go against our mission statement and our beliefs will be removed from the organization; we are determined to remain true to our mission. Anti-Semitism will not ever be tolerated within the EDL."

These statements drew the ire of some counter-jihad bloggers who apparently didn't mind the racists and anti-Semites within the EDL, and who addressed an Open Letter to Pamela Geller denouncing her and me for drawing back from the EDL. But a huge group of counter-jihad bloggers declared their support of our stand. When Robinson assured us that he was just as concerned about these elements as we were, and was working to root them out of the EDL, we continued to support the organization.

Now, over two years later, it is clear to all of us that the best way to proceed is to leave the EDL behind and move forward in new directions. This shows the utter mendacity and bankruptcy of the leftist and Islamic supremacist claim that our support of the EDL demonstrated that we ourselves were racists and fascists -- as if that weren't clear enough already. It also exposes the backstabbing and skullduggery of those in the counter-jihad movement who excoriated us for raising these entirely legitimate concerns. Our struggle in AFDI and SION, which continue to stand with Robinson and Carroll, is now and has always been for the freedom of speech, the freedom of conscience, and the equality of rights of all people before the law. We look forward to working with Robinson and Carroll in the future as we continue this great struggle for freedom.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:51:29 AM by Spiraling Leopard »

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
EDL leader Tommy Robinson QUITS and brands violent anti-Muslim supporters 'morons'

THE two leaders of the English Defence League are to end their involvement with the far right group after accepting it has been taken over by neo-Nazis.

The counter-extremism think tank Quilliam has brokered the move with Tommy Robinson and his right hand man Kevin Carroll.

Today the pair said they now wanted to resist all forms of extremism and Quilliam called for both radical Islamists and far-right supporters to follow their lead.

Tommy Robinson said: “I have been considering this move for a long time because I recognise that though street demonstrations have brought us to this point, they are no longer productive.

“I acknowledge the dangers of far right extremism and the ongoing need to counter Islamist ideology not with violence but with better, democratic ideas.”

Speaking on the BBC's 5 Live radio later, he said he was tired of being associated with "morons" who advocate violence against Muslims.

He said: "When some moron lifts up his top and has got a picture of a mosque saying boom and it's all over the national newspapers - it's me.

"It's when I pick up my kids from school the parents are looking at me, judging me on that.

"That's not what I stood for. My decision is to be true to what I stand for and whilst I want to lead a revolution against Islamist ideology I don't want to lead a revolution against Muslims.

"I believe the revolution needs to come from within the Islamic community and they need to stand up and I believe this is a step forward not a step back."

Quilliam, led by former Hizb ut-Tahrir radical and respected adviser on Islamism, Maajid Nawaz, has been negotiating with the two men saying it sees this as a “more mature way” to counter all forms of extremism.

It says there is a “symbiotic relationship between far-right extremism and Islamism” and that by “dismantling the underpinnings of one phenomenon” it can “remove the need for the other”.

It now wants the former leaders to urge followers to “in his footsteps” and resist all forms of extremism.

Likewise, the foundation also calls on Islamist extremist leaders “to follow this example and leave their respective groups”.

It said it was willing to act as a conduit in negotiations.

Mr Nawaz said: “As well as being a very positive change for the United Kingdom, this is a very proud moment for Quilliam.

“This represents not a change but a continuation for us, as challenging extremism of all kinds forms the basis of our work.

“We have been able to show that Britain stands together against extremism regardless of political views and hope to continue supporting Tommy and Kevin in their journey to counter Islamism and neo-Nazi extremism.”

The EDL recently marched to Tower Hamlets in east London but were deterred from entering the borough by police and local residents.

Their marches are often characterized by violent threats and drunken clashes with police and followers of hate preacher Anjem Choudary.

The announcement from Robinson, who has a string of criminal convictions, was met with a mixed reaction by anti-EDL campaign groups.

Some believe it is merely a "tactical retreat" and that the Quilliam Foundation is taking a large risk by associationhg itself with him.

The Reverend Alan Green chairs the Tower Hamlets Inter Faith Forum, which has been at the forefront of organising protests against the EDL's marches in the borough.

Its members include the large East London Mosque, which has been a frequent target of Robinson's speeches.

Mr Green said today that while he welcomed Robinson's decision he wanted to know more about “what is going on”.

He said: “On the face of it, it seems a real victory for places like Tower Hamlets for the way we have represented our diverse communities in the face of what amounted to extremism with a covering of respectability.

“If that extremism has now been stripped away, then that’s a really good victory for us.

“He now needs to show he is clearly separating himself from not only the violence of the extreme members of the EDL but also from the level of rhetoric that he himself has espoused.

“If he is learning that you can’t just accuse all Muslims of the extremism that he has accused them of, then that’s a real step forward.

“It’s not just bout physical violence, it’s about physical abuse as well.

Asked if he and the East London Mosque would meet Robinson as part of the Inter Faith Forum, he said: “There could be a time when we could do that, but I would want to see far more progress from him than just the statement today.

"As a Christian minister, I’m always happy to meet anyone but I would not want to fragment the unity we have here in Tower Hamlets, so we’d need to see further steps first.”

Hope Not Hate, which is partly run by reformed National Front activist and leading anti-fascist campaigner Matthew Collins, also said it was "cautiously optimistic".

Its director Nick Lowles added: "We celebrate Quilliam’s efforts here, but only a complete renunciation of the violence and hatred the EDL leaders have promoted, and a turning away from the anti-Muslim rhetoric they have championed, will be enough for the many thousands who have suffered from the EDL’s ugly actions over the past three years.

"EDL supporters have called for mosques to be burned, holy books to be destroyed, Muslims to be deported.

"They have cost us £10million in policing bills, brought disorder to our streets, and many, many more have been sentenced for acts of violence, gun possession, paedophilia and other crimes.

"To claim they represented working class Britons was laughable: Hope Not Hate and others have worked closely with unions, faith groups and the real working class of Britain to oppose the blind hatred and violence promoted via the EDL and its counter-jihadist backers.

"What happens now to those wealthy individuals who have backed the EDL leaders to the hilt?

"We doubt they, or Lennon/Carroll, will disappear so quickly from the scene. “Merely setting up a new party or anti-Muslim organisation will not be enough to convince anti-hate campaigners, and those interested in democratic government, that Lennon and Carroll have truly renounced their ways.

"We hope they have. Well done to Quilliam but many questions still remain.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435209/EDL-leader-Tommy-Robinson-QUITS-and-brands-violent-anti-Muslim-supporters-morons

What a poof.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
That little, older English Gentleman you had photos with didn't he star a party? I think his first name was Paul
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
That little, older English Gentleman you had photos with didn't he star a party? I think his first name was Paul

Paul Weston started Liberty GB. I like him.

http://libertygb.org.uk/v1/

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
Paul Weston started Liberty GB. I like him.

http://libertygb.org.uk/v1/
Yes that's his name
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
I know what Tommy is trying to do and it's pretty smart. He's trying to join up with the Quilliam foundation, which is a respected anti-Islamist group. He's trying to make himself more mainstream so he can get into politics
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
I know what Tommy is trying to do and it's pretty smart. He's trying to join up with the Quilliam foundation, which is a respected anti-Islamist group. He's trying to make himself more mainstream so he can get into politics

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/press-releases/press-release-quilliam-foundation-calls-for-uk-government-to-pressure-israel-to-stop-military-operations/

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 01:22:23 PM »
בס''ד

Tommy Robinson is a phony cowardly fraud.

Roberta Moore was the best and most talented leader the EDL ever had. When the EDL betrayed her, they proved that they are just a bunch of Nazi Jew-hating opportunists.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 02:45:54 AM »
Paul Ray is the founder of the EDL, not Tommy. Time for real leadership!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
He already went in politics with British Freedom. He quit after a few months...
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 05:30:07 AM »
Paul Ray isn't anti Israel he's pro Israel and Pro Jewish      http://www.lionheartuk.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:31:06 AM by mord »

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 07:08:21 AM »
בס''ד

Roberta Moore was the best and most talented leader the EDL ever had. When the EDL betrayed her, they proved that they are just a bunch of Nazi Jew-hating opportunists.
I think it is a disgrace to call the EDL nazi's. On the last EDL demo we had 7000 people. This people are English patriots. Ive been there a lot of times and i only saw someone with a nazi skull one time and we removed him directly. I never met any nazi's before all the time ive went with the EDL.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:22 AM »
בס''ד

I know Roberta is a realy good leader, but i do not blame the whole EDL for that.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »
Paul Ray isn't anti Israel he's pro Israel and Pro Jewish    http://www.lionheartuk.blogspot.com/
Paul Ray is a good guy and a friend of Israel for sure.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »
The quillan foundation is a bunch of qurananimals http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/     
Their decision follows discussions with the Quilliam group, which describes itself as a "counter-extremism think tank".

Nice work Tommy ehh i mean Stephen >:( >:(

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
בס''ד

Epic.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
I get what you're saying though, and people who want to survive and not get brutalized in one of many traditional pisslamic ways, basically like all of Serbia was, are going to be attracted to the group and join it. Tommy the drug dealer was just using the EDL as a cover and clearly now a payout. Clearly, other people are using it for their own purposes too.

If there is going to be a new "face" of the organization, what does that person have to say for the EDL now?

Not that I think it matters.  *

*It's good to fight against islam, but I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the majority of English people to actually elect a government that's going to do anything more to stop pisslam then interfaith discussions. People should buy guns and find somewhere safe.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:14 AM »
בס''ד

What happened regarding her and EDL?

From the first article in this thread and robinson's comments, it's clear this is about one thing:  FEAR

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »
Illegal possession of a gun will get you 5 years in prison in england, far more than a rapist would get.

It might have been the case that the police threatened tommy with years of jail while he was in solitary confinement.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
He
CAVED.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
I think England may be well and truly finished now, the EDL was pretty much worthless after they threw out Roberta Moore, but now there is pretty much no outlet for anyone who wants to fight the Islamiztion of their country except the Nazis.

The Quilliam Foundation is one of those government funded but supposedly independent organizations that are very common in Europe. Basically they exist when the government wants something done but wants it to come from a source besides Downing street.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Rabbi Lipschitz

• New JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »

So why did people on the forum ridicule me? when I wrote that Tommy Robinson was not a Zionist, but a Jew hater. 

Tommy Robinson had my Twitter account suspended for several days after  I tweeted him a pro-Jewish anti-Muslim message.

Tommy Robinson was a member of the BNP (British Nazi Party) led by Nick Griffin, which denies the Holocaust.

It is so clear that Tommy Robinson was just seeking publicity, fame and fortune from being in the public spotlight in the media, but he has had been a Nazi sympathizer for many years.

Tommy Robinson also allowed 3 or 4 Muslim Jew-hating animals to attend his wedding, his alliance lies with Nazis and Muslims, he has never been a true Zionist or lover of the Jewish people.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »

So why did people on the forum ridicule me? when I wrote that Tommy Robinson was not a Zionist, but a Jew hater. 

That was one persons opinion.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:00:40 PM by אפרים בן נח »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.