Author Topic: Jewish Legends of the Confederacy  (Read 6066 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Jewish Legends of the Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »

Rachel was only 6 years old. He married her when she was 13. I don't think any normal person would be turned on by kissing a 6 year old. I also heard that Jacob was on a higher spiritual plane than us. Also, Rachel was his cousin. The rabbi who told me about it said we couldn't act in that way though.

In the old days people would become engaged at young ages but would only get married at the age of consent (12 for a girl and 13 for a boy.).

Rebekah was 3 when she came from Haran and she got pregnant when she was 23.

He was on a higher spiritual level than us. And he kissed her hand. I don't think age is a relevant factor in what I'm talking about. If you really get turned on by kissing someone's hand, you have some issues. I can't imagine why some rabbis would think that is not allowed.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2013, 09:17:30 PM »
Found this.

"Interestingly, the Hebrew (and biblical Hebrew) word for hunting is Tzayad, which means trapping, not hunting. It seems to me that they would trap the wild animals and then slaughter them"

It uses that word for Esav. Did Esav actually hunt? Did he serve his father non-shechted food? Jacob shechted a goat when Rebekah tricked Isaac into blessing Jacob.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
He was on a higher spiritual level than us. And he kissed her hand. I don't think age is a relevant factor in what I'm talking about. If you really get turned on by kissing someone's hand, you have some issues. I can't imagine why some rabbis would think that is not allowed.

You are not even allowed to shake a woman's hand unless it is for parnasah. But shaking hands on a date would certainly be immodest. The rabbis that made Rabbinic legislation on this (I'm not sure if it's Rabbinic. It might be D'Oraita.) knew how a man feels when he touches an attractive woman.

A single man that has never been with a woman and then touches a woman such as holding hands or hugging will get aroused. That's just how men are. I don't know about women. Even if he is not tempted to do other things with her, he will have a good feeling in his body just be touching a woman, even if it's not touching her breasts or sexual organs.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2013, 09:27:01 PM »

You are not even allowed to shake a woman's hand unless it is for parnasah. But shaking hands on a date would certainly be immodest. The rabbis that made Rabbinic legislation on this (I'm not sure if it's Rabbinic. It might be D'Oraita.) knew how a man feels when he touches an attractive woman.

A single man that has never been with a woman and then touches a woman such as holding hands or hugging will get aroused. That's just how men are. I don't know about women. Even if he is not tempted to do other things with her, he will have a good feeling in his body just be touching a woman, even if it's not touching her breasts or sexual organs.

I get a good feeling when I win something, when I pat a cat, and when my mom used to kiss me on the head, there was also a good feeling. Shaking a hand does not bring up any sexual feelings in me. If I sit there and hold a girl's hand, it's extremely limited, but maybe slightly. Kissing a girl's hand is a polite thing that is a sign of respect, and while I can see how someone who has never touched a woman in his life will consider that sexual, it really isn't, and most of the sexuality involved with that is being created by his brain, not by the action. If you don't have the spiritual level to get through a handshake without drooling, I wouldn't recommend it, maybe start with pats on the back or something more neutral. If you do, there is nothing wrong as per Torah.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge