Author Topic: apostate Jews - can we bring them back to Judaism?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
apostate Jews - can we bring them back to Judaism?
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:54 PM »
Is there anything in Torah such as Baal teshuva or movements like Jews for Judaism we can use to outreach jews who have become apostates to Judaism and get them back to living a Jewish life? Do any of you have success stories of bringing jews back to Judaism? It seems like this has sadly become more common because some jews remain ignorant about Torah or do not have a synagogue nearby and end up joining false movements like the messianics or are mislead into believing in another religion. I have had this happen to family and I know it is a grave sin for a Jew to participate in idol worship. How should one address this?Would a chabad be a good recommendation?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:43:03 PM by White Israelite »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: apostate Jews - can we bring them back to Judaism?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:14:16 AM »
There is a video I saw in youtube of a  former J4J who became a religious Jew, he talks about his experience and what brought him into and out of that cult.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:08:15 AM »
Some apostates like Brother Nathanel Kapner have wrought such damage that we would never accept them back!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:42:16 PM »
A after reading about brother Nathaniel I really truly believe he is mentally ill.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
Some apostates like Brother Nathanel Kapner have wrought such damage that we would never accept them back!

He is one self-hating POS & a Jewish Anti-Semite.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
Is Nathanael Kapner even Jewish? I read an article before something about him not being actually Jewish but can't find it. I think there would probably be a lot of cognitive dissonance going on if he was Jewish because he didn't get invited to the control the world party.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
A after reading about brother Nathaniel I really truly believe he is mentally ill.

Kapner is a WACK JOB.
Look how he is dressed, he is so unsure of his own self that he dresses like a MORON.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:16 PM »

I actually saw him once running near me. I regret not knocking him off in his ugly parasitic subhuman face.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:10 PM »
  For some like "brother" nethaniel, we just pray for their ultimate and total demise. Remember what the Haggadah says to do to the Rasha- blunt his teeth out. Although in this case this type of excrement is worse then the Rasha. At least the Rasha somewhat associates with being Jewish, scumm like them are Malshinim and we pray for their total destruction.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:27 PM »
There are several Anti-Missionary sites available and youtube channels...

Jews4Judaism
https://www.youtube.com/user/Jews4Judaism

http://jewsforjudaism.org/

Tovia Singer is an incredible anti-missionary rabbi...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaw8quRcRzjmw0BI1vn-dnA

Chabad is not an anti-missionary organization. It's only suggestion to the nations is to keep the 7 Noachide commandments.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 11:44:14 PM »
There are several Anti-Missionary sites available and youtube channels...

Jews4Judaism
https://www.youtube.com/user/Jews4Judaism

http://jewsforjudaism.org/

Tovia Singer is an incredible anti-missionary rabbi...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaw8quRcRzjmw0BI1vn-dnA

Chabad is not an anti-missionary organization. It's only suggestion to the nations is to keep the 7 Noachide commandments.
Not so you have no idea of what you are talking about National Committee for the Furtherance of Jewish Education is Chabad's anti-missionary arm.
Read Confessions of a Cult Buster By Rabbi Shea Hecht who is the head of this organization founded by his late father Rabbi J.J. Hecht,ZT"L

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
Not so you have no idea of what you are talking about National Committee for the Furtherance of Jewish Education is Chabad's anti-missionary arm.
Read Confessions of a Cult Buster By Rabbi Shea Hecht who is the head of this organization founded by his late father Rabbi J.J. Hecht,ZT"L

I was not aware that they did this. The average Chabad house does not really deal with this.

I was aware of Rabbi Emmanuel Shochet (Zt'l) , an anti-missionary rabbi from Chabad...

http://www.torahcafe.com/jewishvideo.php?vid=3a17a19e1
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »
Here he talks about the Noachide Laws...