Author Topic: Eric Kantor Loses Primary  (Read 5055 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Eric Kantor Loses Primary
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 02:27:04 AM »
But when Jews do a chilul Hashem, it's far worse than when a gentile does it. When an anti Semites and normal Gentiles see a Jew go against his people, it's a terrible chilul Hashem.

Rather when a Jew doesn't care what the gentile and antisemites think in order to survive, it is a kiddush Hashem.

I would refer you to kahane's speech called the yoke of heaven on YouTube.

I am aware of what Rabbi Kahane said and I have watched virtually all of his videos. I know the difference between Kiddush Hashem and Chilul Hashem.. But the point is this...

Do not rely on miracles... How does anyone expect the non-Jew to have the interest of the Jew in their heart and mind? If the Jew is not willing to make the political moves to ensure that the will of the Jewish people is heard then we may as well rely on miracles.

I agree that bad Jews are a chilul Hashem. But I don't think it is a sin if a good Jew can survive in politics. To suggest all Jews in politics lie is ridiculous. It would be better to say 'all politicians lie' and if a Jew is a politician he may be inclined to lie. But we should admit it is a problem with politics, not with Jews in particular.

I am not making any comment on Cantor because, as Sgt Shulz from 'Hogans Heros' used to say :

I KNOW NOTHING!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 02:35:51 AM »
I will add that according to the sages the issue is not necessarily 'not caring what the gentile and/or Jew hater think' but more that Jews should be working to do Kiddush Hashem, for the sake of G-ds name and not for our own desires.

It is when Jews do not do what we are supposed to do, to bring light to the world through our keeping the commands of Hashem, that the Jew haters and gentiles start to hate us. This is the way it worked throughout history.

We should care about what the gentiles think and be educating them about the Noachide laws and they will come to see that the Jews do bring a lot of good into the world. In the thoughts of Chassidus there are sparks of holiness even in the souls of some non-Jews, and we should try to bring those sparks back to the source.

When leaving Egypt the Children of Israel were commanded to bring the goats they purchased into their homes in the days before the final plague of the Firstborn. The reason they were asked this was so that the Egyptians would see it and ask why this was being done. The Children of Israel answered that they would slaughter the goat on Passover and to the Egyptians who worshiped this animal it was shocking. The Jews were telling the Egyptians TO THEIR FACES that they were going to SCHECT/SLAUGHTER the god of the Egyptians. This struck fear and trembling into the hearts of the Egyptians who were powerless to stop the Jewish people.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 02:57:12 AM »
I don't think anyone (well, I should qualify that, maybe "most people" is better) resents Cantor because he is Jewish. Rather, he is a phony, slimy establishment whore. It is true that there are plenty of Gentile politicians who are as bad as he is if not worse, but shouldn't the Chosen People be held to a higher standard than this? If a politician claiming to be a devout Christian behaved like Cantor, wouldn't we be disgusted with him or her as well?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 06:32:13 AM »
I don't think anyone (well, I should qualify that, maybe "most people" is better) resents Cantor because he is Jewish. Rather, he is a phony, slimy establishment whore. It is true that there are plenty of Gentile politicians who are as bad as he is if not worse, but shouldn't the Chosen People be held to a higher standard than this? If a politician claiming to be a devout Christian behaved like Cantor, wouldn't we be disgusted with him or her as well?
What does religion have to do with anything?  That is what I wonder.  The man is in a position of power and he is bad for our country.  I think if we held them all to the same high standard...we wouldn't be in such a mess.  I bet most people don't even know that Eric Cantor is Jewish.  He is a phony ( an establishment guy).  One of the ones degrading the foundation of our country.  That is all we should be concerned with.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »
You know I don't think Cantor had the slightest idea about the mood of his voters...he was too darn busy going to fundraisers and getting elected, or hanging around with Representative Lois Gutierrez to promote amnesty!