Author Topic: Big News! Chaim Is Applying For Aliyah Again!  (Read 17823 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Re: Big News! Chaim Is Applying For Aliyah Again!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »
Agreed !
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 08:32:08 PM »
I'm going to really try... I don't know what the status is on that... but you better believe I'm going to try.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 08:34:51 PM »
Too try and fail, is far worse than not trying at all. Best of luck on this issue Jeff.

Which I may add is a very great name ;)
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »
I'm going to really try... I don't know what the status is on that... but you better believe I'm going to try.

The hardest part may be convincing your uncle.   

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 11:24:26 PM »
Pat Robertson is a friend of my family. My Uncle on my father's side (who is not Jewish) was in charge of the 700 Club and they used to eat dinner together. I *might* be able to get a letter from him. Would that help at all? I'll ask my Aunt. I'm not sure how close they are anymore but if it will help, it's worth a shot.

I'll do anything I can to help... just name it. Want me to fly somewhere?
Hey Jeff it looks like you had another ACE up your sleeve! Great... I'll help anyway I can.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »
I have a feeling that Chaim will be in Israel in no time, with G-d's help.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 11:29:18 PM »
I have a felling that Chaim will be in Israel in no time, with G-d's help.
I agree .  :)
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 11:38:28 PM »
I will address my petitions to the Supreme Justice of the Universe.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »
Just of a note of a  Christian friend  of Israel. Pastor John Hagee is a staunch advocate of Israel and the Jewish people and does not believe in preaching our Theology to the Jewish people.

I beg you too watch this link.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Iv1Wz5SgSQ
Jeff, this is a great video! thanks I made it a favorite

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »
A very prominent Israeli attorney, Yoram Sheftel, has offered to help Chaim Ben Pesach in his long battle to gain Israeli citizenship.

Chaim was expelled from Israel 11 years ago, and has been barred from setting foot in the Holy Land ever since.

Sheftel will first try to convince the Interior Ministry to reverse their evil decision to expel and bar Chaim. If the Interior Ministry does not reverse their immoral decision, then Chaim's supporters in Israel plan to appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court.

Now Chaim needs letters of support from prominent people in the United States and Israel who agree with us that it was a grotesque injustice to prevent Chaim from making aliyah while at the same time inviting the Arab Hitler Yasser Arafat and 80,000 Muslim Nazi terrorist mass murderers from the PLO/Fatah into the Holy Land. Arafat and the 80,000 PLO/Fatah terrorists murdered 1800 innocent Jewish men, women and children after the Israeli government invited them in.

What can we do to help Chaim? Who should we write to, to try to get letters of support from prominent people? Should we have a mass demonstration at the Israeli Consulate demanding that Chaim be allowed to make aliyah?

We should have the demonstration and the letters. We need a full court press applying pressure on the Israeli government every way we know how. On the internet, on the phones, with faxes, with e-mails, with demonstrations with prayer to G-d.

All of the above.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:03:28 AM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »
Lets just hope Chaim gets in because the need is great for his presence in Israel to overthrow evil Bolshevism

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 01:02:06 AM »
I hope we have a JTF goodbye dinner for Chaim before he leaves to the holy land.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:21 AM »
It looks like I will be joining Chaim in a year and a half or two years. I plan to move to Israel after I finish Queens College.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »
Chaim's announcement has created a great deal of premature euphoria on both the Hebrew and English forums. Our wonderful, well-meaning members are writing as if we have already won.

The truth is that it will be not be easy to get Chaim into Israel. G-d willing, we will succeed but it certainly will not be easy.

The Interior Minister Meir Shitreet will decide whether to reverse the decision to expel Chaim and prevent him from becoming an Israeli citizen. Shitreet is an extreme leftist. So convincing him will be no simple matter.

If Shitreet rejects our appeal, G-d forbid, then we must appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court, which is comprised of extreme leftwing, self-hating judges. Does anyone really think that it will be easy to win that appeal?

This does NOT mean that it is hopeless. The decision to expel and bar Chaim while inviting the Arab Hitler Arafat and 80,000 Fatah terrorist murderers into Israel is an extremely unpopular decision among most Israelis. Most Israelis who are made aware of this case do not at all agree with what was done to Chaim. So we do have a chance to reverse this evil decision if Shitreet the political opportunist believes that it will hurt him politically to continue to bar Chaim. Or if the Supreme Court judges believe that a decision against Chaim will cause the Israeli public to turn against them.

But let's be realistic here. G-d willing, we have a chance to win, but this will not be easy!

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2007, 02:36:08 AM »
Does anyone know the email for the Israeli foreign ministry? Cant find it on the website and I dont read Hebrew well anymore.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 07:53:15 AM »
What is the official reason Chaim is banned from entering Israel ?

It's unlikely the official reason is his politics.

I'd be willing to bet the Bolsheviks claim it's due to his criminal record.

Assuming Shitreet upholds the ban based on this factor, an appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court will be very interesting.

It's hard to imagine the ISC finding that a person's criminal record in America, would be sufficient to deny him entry and citizenship, especially when the person has served his prison time and avoided further trouble.

Denying Chaim the ability to make aliyah is obviously a miscarriage of justice, but that's what the Bolshevik blowhards excel at; denying justice to the Jews that love Israel- and the Jewish people- the most.

May Chaim's wish to live in Eretz Yisrael be granted. No one deserves it more.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 07:56:22 AM »
Someone should make one of those online petitions i'm not a good writer someone who is should write it up         

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
  • "Lo ta'amod al dam re'echa"
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 08:02:15 AM »
Anyone here who's jewish, and capable should learn torah for his zchus(merit), or say tehillim(psalms), non-jews should definitely read some psalms, but there is a prohibition agasint non-jews learning certain parts of the torah and I am not qualified to say which parts a non-jew can and cant learn, so i think it's safer to have the non-jews read psalsm, and have the jews learn torah.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=7871.msg70883#msg70883 date=
Anyone here who's jewish, and capable should learn torah for his zchus(merit), or say tehillim(psalms), non-jews should definitely read some psalms, but there is a prohibition agasint non-jews learning certain parts of the torah and I am not qualified to say which parts a non-jew can and cant learn, so i think it's safer to have the non-jews read psalsm, and have the jews learn torah.
How is this relevant to this thread? ???
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 08:09:50 AM »

it's relevant because it may help him..torah learning and recitation of tehillim can work wonders
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? if I am for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? - Hillel, Pirkei Avos

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 08:15:58 AM »
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=7871.msg70888#msg70888 date=
Quote from: HiWarp link=topic=7871.msg70886#msg70886 date=

it's relevant because it may help him..torah learning and recitation of tehillim can work wonders
Okay, didn't catch that you were talking about helping Chaim.  Sorry for my reading comprehension issue.  It's obviously too early for me. :D
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline chakma613

• Full JTFer
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »
Quote from: chakma613 link=topic=7871.msg70888#msg70888 date=
Quote from: HiWarp link=topic=7871.msg70886#msg70886 date=

Okay, didn't catch that you were talking about helping Chaim.  Sorry for my reading comprehension issue.  It's obviously too early for me. :D

No problem :)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »
Quote from: Muck DeFuslims link=topic=7871.msg70879#msg70879 date=
What is the official reason Chaim is banned from entering Israel ?

It's unlikely the official reason is his politics.

I'd be willing to bet the Bolsheviks claim it's due to his criminal record.

Assuming Shitreet upholds the ban based on this factor, an appeal to the Israeli Supreme Court will be very interesting.

It's hard to imagine the ISC finding that a person's criminal record in America, would be sufficient to deny him entry and citizenship, especially when the person has served his prison time and avoided further trouble.

Denying Chaim the ability to make aliyah is obviously a miscarriage of justice, but that's what the Bolshevik blowhards excel at; denying justice to the Jews that love Israel- and the Jewish people- the most.

May Chaim's wish to live in Eretz Yisrael be granted. No one deserves it more.
That's a good question.  Yacov posted a bio on another thread that said "Chaim is banned from entering Israel because of his support of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane's Kach Party, which has been outlawed in Israel."  I had always thought it was because of his criminal record as well.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
Someone should make one of those online petitions i'm not a good writer someone who is should write it up         

Make a petition online i'm not good at writing

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 09:11:23 AM »
JSullivan,

Do the interior minister or judges care about their approval ratings?  Olmert released terrorists recently despite having an approval rating of no higher than 10%.  So we know that Olmert obviously doesn't care about his. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:15:28 AM by RationalThought110 »