Author Topic: Big News! Chaim Is Applying For Aliyah Again!  (Read 17824 times)

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
Re: Big News! Chaim Is Applying For Aliyah Again!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
JSullivan,

Do the interior minister or judges care about their approval ratings?  Olmert released terrorists recently despite having an approval rating of no higher than 10%.  So we know that Olmert obviously doesn't care about his. 

Shitreet has said that his goal is to become Prime Minister someday. So he has to be concerned about public opinion. The problem is he may feel that the type of Jews who support Chaim would never vote for a leftist like Shitreet in any event. So he may feel that he has nothing to gain by letting Chaim in. We have to convince him that it would be wise for him to let Chaim in.

If it gets to the Supreme Court, I don't know how much they care about public opinion. I assume they care to a certain extent.

newman

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2007, 09:34:09 AM »
JSullivan,

Do the interior minister or judges care about their approval ratings?  Olmert released terrorists recently despite having an approval rating of no higher than 10%.  So we know that Olmert obviously doesn't care about his. 

Shitreet has said that his goal is to become Prime Minister someday. So he has to be concerned about public opinion. The problem is he may feel that the type of Jews who support Chaim would never vote for a leftist like Shitreet in any event. So he may feel that he has nothing to gain by letting Chaim in. We have to convince him that it would be wise for him to let Chaim in.

If it gets to the Supreme Court, I don't know how much they care about public opinion. I assume they care to a certain extent.

Israel's leftist, activist, anti-Jewish Supreme Court worries the heck out of me as far as Chaim's citizenship is concerned. :(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »
All the leftists care about are bribes if Chaim or someone put 100.000 dollars in their bank account he would get in
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
I will never understand how the Israeli government allow Muslim serpents freely in the Holy Land and Chaim is banned, but then again I will never understand how Illegal Alien vermin can walk freely in the United States and we have border agents rotting in jail for doing what they are suppose to do.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Chaim, Jr.

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2007, 08:09:29 PM »
Chaim:  What is the OFFICIAL reason you were kept out of Israel in the first place?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2007, 10:49:38 PM »
Someone should make one of those online petitions i'm not a good writer someone who is should write it up         

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html
Make a petition online i'm not good at writing

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition.html

Here, I started writing the text of the petition. Let's upload the text of this to the JTF wiki. Then we can all work on the text until it's pefect. Then we can send it out.

Here's what I have so far.

Help Correct a Grave Injustice..Let Chaim Ben Pesach into Israel to live his dream.

Let me tell you about a man in his fifties named Chaim Ben Pesach (Enlglish: Victor Vancier). As a young man his dream was to move to Israel and have lots of kids. But his love for the land of Israel, great as it was, was only overshadowed for his love of the Jewish people.

So when Chaim ben Pesach was called upon by Rabbi Meir Kahane to be in charge of the campaign to free the Jews trapped under the cluches of a Stalinist government in the former U.S.S.R. Chaim Ben Pesach answered the call.

As head of the Jewish Defensee League at the time he knew if he was not going to do something for the Jews oppressed and killed on a daily basis in Communist Russia, nobody would....
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2007, 12:07:59 AM »
This is great news.  G-d willing the time is soon for Chaim.  I hope we can finalize plans on how all forum members can help.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2007, 03:50:07 AM »
JTF needs to figure out how to contact Joe Farah through his WorldNetDaily site.  I think he would be willing to write a letter of support for Chaim. 

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2007, 05:05:31 AM »
We want to begin an e-mail campaign to Knesset (Israeli Parliament) members. There are 50 Knesset members that we want to concentrate on.

Is anyone here knowledgeable about the technicalities of e-mailing? Specifically, we need to know:

Can you e-mail 50 Knesset members with just one e-mail without the Knesset members seeing that their colleagues are also being e-mailed? Because if they see that they are just one on a list of 50 people getting the e-mail, they are very unlikely to respond. And we need them to respond and respond positively. So can you send 50 people the same e-mail without them seeing the names of the other 49 recipients?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2007, 05:59:57 AM »
We want to begin an e-mail campaign to Knesset (Israeli Parliament) members. There are 50 Knesset members that we want to concentrate on.

Is anyone here knowledgeable about the technicalities of e-mailing? Specifically, we need to know:

Can you e-mail 50 Knesset members with just one e-mail without the Knesset members seeing that their colleagues are also being e-mailed? Because if they see that they are just one on a list of 50 people getting the e-mail, they are very unlikely to respond. And we need them to respond and respond positively. So can you send 50 people the same e-mail without them seeing the names of the other 49 recipients?
Blind Copy ("BC") your email message.  The only problem with this is that they will either see that they have been blind copied or not see their actual address in the From field, depending on the email client they use.  The down side is that they may assume that they have been bulk emailed (because of the BC) even though they won't see the other email addresses.

Another option is to use a bulk emailer, like spammers use.  There are freeware versions available at no cost and it will have the benefit of appearing like a personalized email message.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2007, 06:28:06 AM »
How do you do the blind copy? Forgive my complete ignorance, but I don't see BCE. I just see CC and BCC.

Also, can you send a blind copy to 50 recipients, with all 50 receiving the e-mail but none of them seeing the other recipients? I know that they will assume that others received the e-mail as well, but as long as they don't see who received the e-mail, we might be able to get them to respond.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2007, 06:34:22 AM »
How do you do the blind copy? Forgive my complete ignorance, but I don't see BCE. I just see CC and BCC.

Also, can you send a blind copy to 50 recipients, with all 50 receiving the e-mail but none of them seeing the other recipients? I know that they will assume that others received the e-mail as well, but as long as they don't see who received the e-mail, we might be able to get them to respond.
It's BCC.  I guess the forum has a rule that changes "B""C" to B.C.E.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2007, 06:39:16 AM »
Thanks.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2007, 10:27:59 AM »
JSullivan,

Good observation. In my heart I don't really know if we can ever count on the majority of Israelis to support Chaim in this, because most are leftists. (I know most of JTF disagrees with me but this is my opinion.)

Now, Jimmy, we need to have some addresses posted. Can we make a sticky with some key email/snail-mail addresses?

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2007, 12:28:19 PM »
B.C.C. -ing the Knesset Members is not a wise strategy. First, every letter should be personalized so that the Knesset Member feels you are taking the time to really write him/her.

Making Chaim's appeal personal is a MUCH better course of action. It might take longer, but it is more professional, and I am sure, more appreciated.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline hp

• New JTFer
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »
As much as I disagree with almost everything that Chaim argues, I think it silly and very unfair to deny anything to someone because of their beliefs.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »

Yes, none of them will see the other recipients. 
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »

Jimmy, we can use the Newsletter feauture of this forum, if it's fixed. If not, let me know, we will setup a separate newsletter software.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »

Jimmy, we can use the Newsletter feauture of this forum, if it's fixed. If not, let me know, we will setup a separate newsletter software.

Can the newsletter feature be used to personalize the email message?  I must agree that Blind CC is not a good way to go about this if you want to appear to be sending a personal email.  As I mentioned earlier, bulk emailers are designed to allow you to do what you want and add personalization to the email message.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 02:18:19 PM »

Yes, you can do this. I have software that can mass email if you have a mail server to send from. You can make it from and to whomever you want or you can personalize each email with the person's name or other information.

It is very easy to do and setup.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2007, 02:22:55 PM »

Yes, you can do this. I have software that can mass email if you have a mail server to send from. You can make it from and to whomever you want or you can personalize each email with the person's name or other information.

It is very easy to do and setup.
Yes, that's what you need to use.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »

The best thing for this is the Mail Merge feature in Microsoft Word. You can send each person a personalised e-mail with it, so they would never suspect that it was mass mailed.

Here is a tutorial on how to use the feature: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA010349201033.aspx

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »
The fact that Chaim is not allowed in Israel, and Olmert gives up land too animals that want the Jews dead,,,

makes me physically sick too my stomach.
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2007, 11:03:53 AM »
Can't agree with you more.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
What can we do to help get him in?

Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana