Author Topic: Trump: “As president, I can’t take Israel’s side”  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Trump: “As president, I can’t take Israel’s side”
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:58:10 AM »
Trumps policy is OK.

As Chaim said in 2000: "The only thing that a US president has to do to be a success is not to get involved with Israel at all: not to help her nor to hinder her!".

Reagan didn't get involved with Israel, for or against, during his 8 years, and he is viewed as having been a successful president.

Although Cruz may be more righteous than Trump, his overt fawning over Israel, even if sincere, we don't need or want.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:25:34 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »
Trumps policy is OK.

As Chaim said in 2000: "The only thing that a US president has to do to be a success is not to get involved with Israel at all: not to help her nor to hinder her!".

Reagan didn't get involved with Israel, for or against, during his 8 years, and he is viewed as having been a successful president.

Although Cruz may be more righteous than Trump, his overt fawning over Israel, even if sincere, we don't need or want.

Trump didn't say he wouldn't get involved you lying fraud!  He said just the opposite.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »
Too bad Ted appears dead. He'd make a great president.   Rubio was good in the debate last night; but he's terrible on amnesty.   The big question is:if elected, will Trump OBSESSIVELY pressure Israel to cede land to the PLO.  If not, he might be ok.  But the alternative is Chillary; we know she and her muzz bro'hood flunkies will try to crush little israel.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:36:15 PM by NoMosqueHere »

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 04:44:29 PM »
Trump didn't say he wouldn't get involved you lying fraud!  He said just the opposite.

It's outrageous to claim that you're pro-Israel and then proceed to talk about brokering deals in which Israel would have to concede land for "peace."

Trump is anti-Israel and a fraud.

Online Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 04:33:36 AM »
Marco Rubio wrote about this on his Twitter page.
Here's the link
https://twitter.com/TeamMarco/status/703059795088175104

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »
Professor Paul Eidelberg hopes that Trump's Orthodox Jewish billionaire son in law will be able to "do a Cyrus" on him:

Can the Donald Make America Great Again?
                                                                       Prof. Paul Eidelberg

The boorishness and intellectual poverty displayed by participants in America’s presidential debates may well be deemed the most disgraceful phenomenon in American political history.

How can America survive with such clods and clowns competing for the Presidency, the highest office of the United States?

When we contrast the intellectual level and steadfast character required of the heads of state committed to America’s demise, it should be obvious that only a benevolent God can save us.

Since Vladimir Putin, a chess player and gymnast, has more intelligence under his fingernails than Barack Obama has under his scalp, to make America great again is equivalent to reviving a dead horse by injecting it with adrenaline!

So let’s take a breath fresh, go back in history, and recall the role of Cyrus in the building of the Second Temple in Jerusalem. Let me suggest a novel idea or project.

Needed is to make America great again is to make Israel great again by forging an alliance of far-sighted Jews and Christian Zionists, an alliance animated by the goal of constructing the Third Temple in the Jerusalem, the City of Truth!

Of course, the idea is grandiose. Not only is it beyond the horizon of secular politicians, the idea would also be scorned by today’s Lilliputian intellectuals.

Besides, such a project is also beyond the mentality of conservative Republicans who do more than curse the darkness.

However, perhaps Donald the Great, the real estate mogul, can be inspired by his Orthodox Jewish son-in-law to imitate Cyrus the Great?

Kushner & Ivanka Trump strolling with their Arba Minim

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »
Marco Rubio wrote about this on his Twitter page.
Here's the link
https://twitter.com/TeamMarco/status/703059795088175104

Rubio came off very well in the last debate.  I like him but he's terrible on amnesty, and white, right wing immigration hawks, like Ann Coulter et al.,  may not vote for him.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 03:36:09 PM »
Rubio is not a tenth the debater of Cruz.

Yerusha is a manospherist and quite possibly a WN.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
Too bad Ted appears dead. He'd make a great president.   Rubio was good in the debate last night; but he's terrible on amnesty.   The big question is:if elected, will Trump OBSESSIVELY pressure Israel to cede land to the PLO.  If not, he might be ok.  But the alternative is Chillary; we know she and her muzz bro'hood flunkies will try to crush little israel.
Honestly I would pull the lever for Clinton before I would ever vote for the establishment tool know as Mr. Rubio... It makes me sick just to look at him... There is just not enough antiperspirant in the world to keep that fool from looking like he is melting away... With Rubio in the oval office the Republican party would be good to go... As a life long Republican I am not so sure this is something I wish to see... I was wishing for Cruz to make a better showing however as good as  he is on most of the issues and not a party hack he just don't seem to have what it takes to bring in the votes... Personally I don't see Trump crushing Israel... I think as a New Yorker he has closer ties to Israel than many give him credit for... The fact that most people always sweep under the carpet is that Israel itself never completely discredits a two state solution... So why do people get so upset when someone like Trump talks about working a deal with all parties involved... Honestly speaking even with a Cruze presidency I don't see a one state solution in the cards... Until Israel itself decides that that's the direction things need to go in the occupant of the oval office isn't going to change things all that much.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 12:09:03 AM »
At this rate, I'm going to relocate to another country. I despise liberals, federal reserve, hoodlums, islam, muslims, illumanitis, bilderbergs. However, I wish to be Jewish because my father was a wonderful one.
Good thing I'm still young.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 12:56:21 AM »
You have to be kidding. Trump wants the "two state solution" between Jews and Arab Muslim terrorists to be his "ultimate deal"!

http://jtf.org/trump-on-israel-two-state-solution-is-the-ultimate-deal/

“If you’re a deal person, the ultimate deal is that deal,” Trump said on “Meet the Press” on NBC.

“The hardest thing to do is that,” Trump said, referring to the ongoing, decades-long turmoil between Israelis and [Arab Muslim terrorists].

The Republican front-runner last week declared that he would be “neutral” in handling the matter. That answer defies Republican orthodoxy, which calls for backing Israel first.

“You’re not going to solve [the conflict] if you’re going to be one side or the other,” Trump said. “Everyone understands that.”

“If I’m going to solve the problem, I want to go in with a clean slate.”
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »
If there is a conflict between the genuine interests of the USA and the genuine interests of the state of Israel I would want a US president that would put the interests of the USA first. I wouldn't want a blatantly anti-Israel president though that set out to be their enemy for no reason other than they exist.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
If there is a conflict between the genuine interests of the USA and the genuine interests of the state of Israel I would want a US president that would put the interests of the USA first. I wouldn't want a blatantly anti-Israel president though that set out to be their enemy for no reason other than they exist.

Rubystars, when trump says he can't take israel's side, he means in the conflict between israel and Arab terrorists.  He can't see a difference between Israel and Arabs morally and won't act like there is.  He is not talking about a question of taking sides in a question of American interests vs Israeli interests!  No one asked him that.  To imply that he was is a blatant obfuscation.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
Rubystars, when trump says he can't take israel's side, he means in the conflict between israel and Arab terrorists.  He can't see a difference between Israel and Arabs morally and won't act like there is.  He is not talking about a question of taking sides in a question of American interests vs Israeli interests!  No one asked him that.  To imply that he was is a blatant obfuscation.

Don't forget the USA has relations going on with Saudi Arabia and some of the other Muslim countries. It would be great if we could be 100% free of foreign energy but we're not there yet. Israel itself seems hellbent on committing suicide. Israel's (elected) leadership has expressed that the 2 state solution is what they want. A lot of politicians believe that helping Israel achieve that goal is being "pro-Israel". While we know as individuals that the 2 state solution is not in Israel's best interests... and is even suicidal,  can our leadership really tell their leadership "You don't know what's best for your own country, the USA knows better?" How is that going to go over?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 01:54:45 AM »
Don't forget the USA has relations going on with Saudi Arabia and some of the other Muslim countries. It would be great if we could be 100% free of foreign energy but we're not there yet. Israel itself seems hellbent on committing suicide. Israel's (elected) leadership has expressed that the 2 state solution is what they want. A lot of politicians believe that helping Israel achieve that goal is being "pro-Israel". While we know as individuals that the 2 state solution is not in Israel's best interests... and is even suicidal,  can our leadership really tell their leadership "You don't know what's best for your own country, the USA knows better?" How is that going to go over?

This is all excuse-making.  You have decided Trump is right, and the facts don't matter.     There is more to being on Israel's side than just a 2 state solution.    How about the UN vetoes which the obama administration has decided no longer demands US support unless he can extort a concession out of Israel to strengthen his terrorist friends?    Will Trump also feel his Saudi friends need leverage and condition his UN actions on Israeli submission?   Why should someone say they "can't take sides" unless they feel both sides have equal moral claims.   That is just wrong and evil.

No matter how insane Netanyahu is and the Israeli establishment is, Obama has taken the Arabs' side and made it even worse for Israel.  That is an indisputable fact.  The Iran deal is part of that.  (So under Bush that approach wasn't in America's interest, but now under Obama it is?  Please).   Trump is saying he can do the same thing if it presents itself as the way to end up with a "deal."   A Deal?  A Peace deal?  You think that signing some piece of paper that hamstrings Israel and empowers arab terrorists is going to appease Saudis, muslims, ISIS and all the other evil cretins of the world who want to pressure US presidents to sacrifice Jews?   Good luck with that appeasement policy.   Meanwhile the Saudis sent the plane hijackers and they will send more no matter what kind of "deal" occurs.

"You don't know what's best for your own country, the USA knows better?"

This is exactly what the Obama administration has been telling Israel and the world for 8 years.  Not only his administration, but J street and all his liberal supporters who defend his every policy no matter how little sense it makes and no matter how evil.  They go on national TV and they tell the world "The Iran deal is GOOD for your security.  And hey I got a Jewboy former Mossad guy to say so, therefore your own people agree with me.   You Netanyahu are just being a jerk." You want to be a Trump bot to rival these Obama bots?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 03:34:50 AM »
I think Rubystars means that if for some reason Israel declared war on the US for no reason and was bombing us that she would want America to defend itself. It was a hypothetical exercise. I can promise you she isn't for Trump.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
"Two state solution" is absolutely not acceptable.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                       :fist:

Of course that means that he will be favorable to Israel's enemies to put forth a failed
suicidal 'peace process' to create a PLO terrorist state G-d forbid.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 04:07:50 PM »
This is all excuse-making.  You have decided Trump is right, and the facts don't matter.     There is more to being on Israel's side than just a 2 state solution.    How about the UN vetoes which the obama administration has decided no longer demands US support unless he can extort a concession out of Israel to strengthen his terrorist friends?    Will Trump also feel his Saudi friends need leverage and condition his UN actions on Israeli submission?   Why should someone say they "can't take sides" unless they feel both sides have equal moral claims.   That is just wrong and evil.

I am still hoping at this point that Trump wont get the nomination, but if he is president I hope that he won't be actively against Israel.
I know the 2 state thing is suicidal stupidity and I don't want that either,  but whoever is president will be under a LOT of pressure, even from Israel, to push it.

No matter how insane Netanyahu is and the Israeli establishment is, Obama has taken the Arabs' side and made it even worse for Israel. 
[/quote[

Obama was everything Chaim warned he would be.

You want to be a Trump bot to rival these Obama bots?

No I actually hope he doesn't win. Sorry you took all that from my posts.