Author Topic: Decent Hollywood Movies!  (Read 12785 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: Decent Hollywood Movies!
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 06:42:55 PM »
I haven't been to a movie theater in maybe 20 years.  I stopped going to the one in Fresh Meadows all the crazies ended up going there and they scream during the picture.   Over priced tickets, and the way cable and dish has gone no wonder the movie theather expirience has gone down.   I missed the RKO Keith, those in Queens would know what I mean.  It was a landmark at one time now its a dump for rats.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »
The obvious movie to see that does honor vigilante justice is Death Wish (1974, the first one) starring the late great Jewish actor, Charles Bronson.  It is one of the most influential movies I ever saw, as it helped me become a Republican.

Charles Bronson was Jewish? I know his real name and everything, but I never heard any mention of him being Jewish. Don't get me wrong though, I am a huge fan of the Death Wish movies. Is there any proof?

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
I do not remember the details of the Bernard Geotz Case, but my guess is that I would have supported him 100%.

For that matter, I support what Baruch Goldstein did in the early 1990s, when he killed a bunch of islamofascists praying in the Cave of the Patriarchs in the holy city of Hebron.  He is widely regarded as a terrorist, but from what I heard, he gunned down the very people who were about to wipe out the Jewish population of that city, as instructed to do by their moslem leaders.

The ones who killed Paul Kiersy's wife and raped his daughter in the movie Death Wish may have been white, but they were also kind of darker looking, like maybe they were Puerto Ricans.  Also, many of the muggers that he did subsequently kill, were Black, too.

What annoys me in a related subject is how movies made about terrorists never depict them as being islamofascists.  On the contrary, they are invariably portrayed as white people, usually Americans, probably even Republicans.  People are so afraid to tell the truth.

In any case, if any of you know of liberals you would just love to get onto our side of things, my best recommendation is to see that original Death Wish movie.  It really makes one think.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 06:54:26 PM »
Yes the Israeli Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta.  I only saw a couple of minutes of it channel surfing on HBO a while back.  Looked interesting.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
Yes, Charles Bronson was definitely Jewish.  I remember being surprised about this as well, as he did not really look or act Jewish.  Harrison Ford is Jewish, too, but at least he sort of kind of looks and acts Jewish sometimes.

Somebody mentioned how theaters are not what they used to be.  Well, not to make anybody envious or anything, but here in Los Angeles, the relatively new theaters as the Grove shopping mall is fantastic.  The seats are super comfortable; the one sitting in front of a person is never in their face; the shopping mall has a little hot dog stand that is actually glatt kosher; there is a Barnes and Noble Bookstore in the mall, and even parking is plentiful and easy.  The mall is on the outside; there is a beautiful fountain whose water moves up and down according to the rythym of whatever song they are playing, which are usually very mainstream, all-American songs and singers such as Frank Sinatra.  One of the best things I like about the shopping mall is that it is in the same neighborhood as the city's most religious Jews, so that when I go there, I invariably see religious Jews, many of whom I recognize.  All in all, it is like a miniature paradise, right in the heart of the city of Los Angeles.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2007, 07:01:01 PM »
Natalie Portman, yes, that is her name.  Very pretty Israeli-born actress, although as I said, she never looked sexier than when I heard her speak Hebrew, which she does flawlessly.

newman

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »
One of the best things I like about the shopping mall is that it is in the same neighborhood as the city's most religious Jews, so that when I go there, I invariably see religious Jews, many of whom I recognize.  All in all, it is like a miniature paradise, right in the heart of the city of Los Angeles.
It will (no doubt) be wrecked by the 'boons & 'backs soon enough.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 07:05:46 PM »
Dare I ask what a 'Boon and a 'Back is?

newman

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 07:06:52 PM »
Dare I ask what a 'Boon and a 'Back is?
baboon and wetback.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 07:23:37 PM »
I haven't been to a movie theater in maybe 20 years.  I stopped going to the one in Fresh Meadows all the crazies ended up going there and they scream during the picture.   Over priced tickets, and the way cable and dish has gone no wonder the movie theather expirience has gone down.   I missed the RKO Keith, those in Queens would know what I mean.  It was a landmark at one time now its a dump for rats.
I glad to hear that I am not the only one that has given up on going to the movie house. The last movie I saw in a theater was The English Patient. It was not a bad picture if you got through the first half hour. We have multiplexes now on long Island and the screens are small and so are the theaters. Cell phones ringing and people talking. To top it all off when I got up to use the restroom during the movie I tripped over two legs sticking out in the isle. It seem to animals felt they could shack up behind the last row while the movie was going on. They laid down along the seats and might have remained undisturbed if they were more careful to keep their feet even with the seats and out of the isle. Being the old sour puss I am I sent the usher in to roust them right out. I remember the Fresh Meadows Theater when it only had one movie it was very nice. I also remember the RKO Keith's when it was a one movie theater and when it had the fish pond in the lobby. It was a treat just to go to that theater. I was very sad to see what became of it. The last time I went there was in the late 70's it was very bad they had to stop the picture more than once and turn the lights on because fights were breaking out in the place during the film. I guess places like that were for a different class of people and even if they existed today as the did then it would not be the same.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »
I guess some of these will be questioned as to morals/politics, etc. but as far as great movies, here goes,

Cool Hand Luke
On the Waterfront
Godfather
Manchurian Candidate(original)
Falling Down
Stalag 17
Von Ryans Express
White Heat
Blazing Saddles
History of the World
Death Wish
Glory
Primal Fear
Bang the Drum Slowly
The Hustler
Tombstone
Arlington Road
State of Grace
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 07:33:27 PM »
Wow, the RKO Keith's. The last movie I saw there was led Zepplin's The Song Remains the Same. I really feel old now.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »
Speaking of Blacks and Mexicans ruining an otherwise perfectly nice movie theater, that did actually happen to me once at the nice theater that I described above. i had gone to see the movie Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith. There were a group of Black people who not only would not stop talking, but must have been hard of hearing, as they were making sure the entire theater could hear them. 

Finally I had enough and told them to please be quiet.  Rather than feel embarrassed and ashamed, they only spoke louder.  I made the mistake of then saying I am going to report them, which I should not have done, because one of them followed me out of the theater, then put on a whole 'I am meek' act when I went to tell one of the ticket sellers about it.  The black guy who had followed me out of there, would not let me finish a sentence without accusing me of telling his poor girlfriend to shut up. 

I knew better than to try to get the people in charge to do the right thing, namely to kick those loudmouths out and let me stay, so instead I simply asked for my money back, which I got.  I returned to the same theater about a week later; fortunately, I encountered no more trouble at that time.

newman

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »
Speaking of Blacks and Mexicans ruining an otherwise perfectly nice movie theater, that did actually happen to me once at the nice theater that I described above. i had gone to see the movie Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith. There were a group of Black people who not only would not stop talking, but must have been hard of hearing, as they were making sure the entire theater could hear them. 

TNB........Typical negro behaviour.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »
It reminds me of something I came across during my university studies in psychology.  That was back in the early 1980s, when the political correctness bug had not quite infected America.  Studies had shown that people's ethnic prejudices when exposed to those groups tended to diminish with every group except one: Blacks.  In other words, if somebody hated, say, Chinese people, but then interacted with them for a while, their level of resentment against the Chinese became less and less.  But the more one was exposed to Blacks, the more they came to resent them. 

newman

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »
It reminds me of something I came across during my university studies in psychology.  That was back in the early 1980s, when the political correctness bug had not quite infected America.  Studies had shown that people's ethnic prejudices when exposed to those groups tended to diminish with every group except one: Blacks.  In other words, if somebody hated, say, Chinese people, but then interacted with them for a while, their level of resentment against the Chinese became less and less.  But the more one was exposed to Blacks, the more they came to resent them. 
Are you surprised?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 09:54:48 PM »
I like Raiders of the lost Ark.  It was one of the greatest movies I've ever seen.  Plus, I like any movie when all the Nazis die at the end.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 09:56:37 PM »
I suppose my only surprise is that they let that study be published in a college textbook.  If they tried that today, it would definitely be censored!

It reminds me of still another thing I read in the psychology books in those days: that male homosexuals are NOT more creative than heterosexuals, contrary to popular belief, and that such behavior is caused by men having never matured past the emotional age of a typical nine or ten year old boy, who at that age prefers to play with boys more than girls.

There is no way that such an idea would ever get into a college textbook today.  Its authors would be stripped of their professorial tenure, for daring to be so politically incorrect!

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »
That picture of those mean looking Black people is sure scary.  They look like the students in the classes I used to substitute teach in.  They also look like the people who held up my father in his liquor store almost fifty times, shooting him in his head and lungs.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 10:02:59 PM »
That picture of those mean looking Black people is sure scary. 

They look desperate.

newman

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
They also look like the people who held up my father in his liquor store almost fifty times, shooting him in his head and lungs.
That's TNB too.

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2007, 10:06:11 PM »
what does TNB stand for?

newman

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »
what does TNB stand for?
Typical negro behaviour.

Offline JewishTeddyBear