Author Topic: Hello from Shangri - La  (Read 25356 times)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Hello from Shangri - La
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »
Massu That  is funny!I was little so  maybe I missed  things .LOL

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »
Re:  "...He always seemed nice and genuine.[Nixon]..."

Huh?

One thing that has never ceased to amaze me, is that every single person from within various levels of the U.S. government who knew Nixon, all claim still to this day that he was the most intelligent person whom they had ever met in their entire lives!

My favorite story about "Tricky Dick" is the one where Elvis sought an audience with him, and was ushered into the Oval Office, where he greeted Nixon warmly, and asked him to appoint him to the Drug Enforcement Administration so that he could help get American kids off of drugs.  The two men then posed for publicity photos...Elvis wearing one of his outfits with a huge jeweled belt buckle and a long purple cape.

Shortly after Elvis "left the building", Nixon is said to have turned to one of his aides, and with dumbfounded seriousness, asked "Who the hell was that guy??!?"

Many things can be said about Nixon however his path to the White House was not a gift he had to use his own resources to get there. Most presidents have great party support something Nixon did not enjoy. Say what you want but Nixon was a sharp politician. The thing that bought him down is that he let his insecurities get the best of him. When Ike had his hart attack Nixon carried the ball faultlessly for the time Ike was laid up. He would have been president if Joe Kennedy didn't buy the election for his son JFK during the 1960 elections. In his own term as president he had some very good things happen with Russia , China and won his second term in a landslide victory. His second term victory was in the bag. Why he and the people around him felt they needed to do the activities that lead up to Watergate in spite of the fact his poll numbers were high is unclear to me.  He resented being talked down to by the Ivy Leaguers and he always thought that they were trying to make him look foolish in order to do him in. In the end he did himself in trying to outsmart them. He let the black hole of Watergate swallow him up.The case study of Nixon's political life has to be done in parts to really tell whats there. If Nixon would have destroyed the White House tapes at the very start of the scandal the Watergate story would have ended before it even started and he may have gone down in the history books as a good or even great president.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

bullcat jr.

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »
Hi CJD  :)
I'm home sick from school today.  :(  Do you know which President is called the Father of American Fox Hounds?  He is my favorite President.  I read lots of stories about him.  Need a clue?  He had trouble with his  :'( teeth.

bullcat jr.

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
Hello MarZutra  O0
I read a little about General Douglas Mac Arthur.
Did you know he had a really exciting life even when he was a little boy?
I liked reading about his Mom and Dad too!

Look at his cool ribbons and medal.

bullcat jr.

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:25 PM »
FDR had 3 vice presidents :

March 4, 1933 - January 20, 1941
John Nance Garner of Texas

January 20, 1941 - January 20, 1945
Henry Agard Wallace of Iowa

January 20, 1945 - April 12, 1945
Harry S. Truman of Missouri

Nixon had 2

Spiro T. Agnew (R)6  1969–1973  Maryland

Gerald R. Ford (R)7  1973–1974  Nebraska 
Great work and you 100% correct about FDR having 3 vp's I completely forgot about Garner. I am very embarrassed over that because I had completely disregarded him :-[. I have read many books on FDR and I am amazed on how that fact just slipped my mind. I guess old Harry Truman was about the most well known of FDR's vp's because he went on to be president. During his time in the White House Harry Truman's daughters piano almost fell through the floor of the White House. It seems that the old place had become decrepit. During Truman's presidency the entire interior of the White House was gutted out and rebuilt inside the original walls using a steel structure. They tried to reuse  as much of the original fixtures as possible to make it look as it did before the rebuild. Three questions. What was Truman's daughters first name? Hint, she writes great spy and mystery novels. Where did the Truman family reside during the renovation? And what very visible change did old Harry make to the outside of the White House?
Mary Margaret was the name of his daughter.  I'm an only child and so was she.
My Mom has a set of books that she wrote.

I went on a trip to Washington DC.  I saw the White House and Blair House.
We were not allowed to go in the White House.  President Truman stayed in Blair House while he fixed up the White House.

In 1947 he spent $10,000 dollars on building a balcony on the White House.
People were very mad.  >:(
I wish I could have gone inside the WhiteHouse  :(

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 11:00:20 PM »
FDR had 3 vice presidents :

March 4, 1933 - January 20, 1941
John Nance Garner of Texas

January 20, 1941 - January 20, 1945
Henry Agard Wallace of Iowa

January 20, 1945 - April 12, 1945
Harry S. Truman of Missouri

Nixon had 2

Spiro T. Agnew (R)6  1969–1973  Maryland

Gerald R. Ford (R)7  1973–1974  Nebraska 
Great work and you 100% correct about FDR having 3 vp's I completely forgot about Garner. I am very embarrassed over that because I had completely disregarded him :-[. I have read many books on FDR and I am amazed on how that fact just slipped my mind. I guess old Harry Truman was about the most well known of FDR's vp's because he went on to be president. During his time in the White House Harry Truman's daughters piano almost fell through the floor of the White House. It seems that the old place had become decrepit. During Truman's presidency the entire interior of the White House was gutted out and rebuilt inside the original walls using a steel structure. They tried to reuse  as much of the original fixtures as possible to make it look as it did before the rebuild. Three questions. What was Truman's daughters first name? Hint, she writes great spy and mystery novels. Where did the Truman family reside during the renovation? And what very visible change did old Harry make to the outside of the White House?
Mary Margaret was the name of his daughter.  I'm an only child and so was she.
My Mom has a set of books that she wrote.

I went on a trip to Washington DC.  I saw the White House and Blair House.
We were not allowed to go in the White House.  President Truman stayed in Blair House while he fixed up the White House.

In 1947 he spent $10,000 dollars on building a balcony on the White House.
People were very mad.  >:(
I wish I could have gone inside the WhiteHouse  :(
You guys are very good. Margaret Truman is the correct answer. So is Blair house. President Truman had a hard time convincing congress to let him add the Truman balcony to the White House. In the end he got his way and it looks like it has always been there. They say its impossible for the president to use it because he would be in danger sitting out there. When President Truman was staying at Blair house some bad men came to hurt him and his family. The secret service were able to stop them. Its to bad you were unable to tour the White House. When I was a kid not much older that you are I went on a school trip to Washington. We stayed at the Hotel Harrington in Washington DC. I also was unable to tour the White House on that trip because President Truman had died and they were using the White House for the ceremonies. I have been to Washington many times since then and have toured the White House 3 times. Its a great feeling to walk through the rooms filled with all that history. There is a great virtual tour on the web and its almost feels like your walking through the rooms. Hopefully one day the White House Tours will be opened again.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/whtour/360index.html
I am working on your question to me I just want to double check my answer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:13:16 PM by cjd »

bullcat jr.

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »

Hi CJD and everyone  :) - Today I went on a field trip with my family.  We visited a famous house .  Can you tell which one from the pictures?
Here is a clue.   All the animal heads and skins I saw were a scary  :o!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2007, 08:52:21 PM »

Hi CJD and everyone  :) - Today I went on a field trip with my family.  We visited a famous house .  Can you tell which one from the pictures?
Here is a clue.   All the animal heads and skins I saw were a scary  :o!
Yes I can thats Sagamore Hill the home of Teddy Roosevelt. I have been there many times. Its in Oyster Bay long Island. Did you also go to Old Orchard his sons house  TR junior? Sagamore Hill has lots of great stuff in it and yes many many animals that TR hunted. Any one that lives in N.y should go see this great place. The answer to your question last week. Who was the father of the Fox hounds here in America is none other than George Washington. I seems he was the first one to bring them into America

George Washington, the father of our nation, is also the father of American Foxhounds. In 1770, Washington imported a number of hounds from England and in 1785, he received a number of French foxhounds from the Marquis de Lafayette. These hounds, carefully bred and maintained by Washington, are the founders of today's American Foxhound. More than 30 hounds were listed in Washington's journals, including "Drunkard," "Tipler," and "Tipsy."

What was George Washington's home Called?

bullcat jr.

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »
Wow...that was fast!

I think I saw this animal today.  ::)
Guess which animal I was most afraid of!  :-\

George Washington's house was called Mount Vernon.  My Mom visited there.  I can't wait to go.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2007, 09:42:11 PM »
Wow...that was fast!

I think I saw this animal today.  ::)
Guess which animal I was most afraid of!  :-\

George Washington's house was called Mount Vernon.  My Mom visited there.  I can't wait to go.

Wow look at TR sitting on top of that Cape Buffalo. He looks much better on TR's wall over the fireplace in the front hall then he does in that picture here. I don't really know which one of the animals bothered you the most The house is filled with so many heads and huge animal rugs every room in the house. As I remember he even had a moose head in his dinning room. My favorite room is the large den he has at the rear of the house I could spend weeks looking at all the great stuff in there.
Your correct about Washington's home being called Mount Vernon. I have been there a few times and its a great place to visit. Is just outside of Washington DC. Be sure to leave plenty of time when you go because there is a lot to see.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2007, 10:03:39 PM »
Welcome, friend of Bullcat.
Thank You There Are No 'Israeli' Arabs  :).  BullCat Jr. is my daughter.
She thinks you are all great on the JTF Forum.  O0
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2007, 09:26:50 AM »
Yes Douglas MacArthur had a fabulous life.  It was tragic how, being totally right, he was undermined by those corrupt elitists/globalists around him thus making him retire.  Funny, how is retirement parade was one of the biggest celebrations for any American official signifying that most thought he was correct in his views. 

Sadly, history seems to dictate that the 1964's "Extremism in the defense of Liberty has no vice": Barry Goldwater and "McCarthyisms": Joseph McCarthy were too largely correct.  Being outside the fould of central power: CFR/Rockefeller Eastarn Establishment......they were undermined and distroyed. 

All three men are highly comparable to Rabbi Kahane's confrontation with the "Jewish" Bolshevik and Diasproa "Jewish" Mainstream Establishments...

If you like to read, I'd recommend Barry Goldwater's "With No Apologies" and "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator" by Arthur Herman
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »
Yes Douglas MacArthur had a fabulous life.  It was tragic how, being totally right, he was undermined by those corrupt elitists/globalists around him thus making him retire.  Funny, how is retirement parade was one of the biggest celebrations for any American official signifying that most thought he was correct in his views. 

Sadly, history seems to dictate that the 1964's "Extremism in the defense of Liberty has no vice": Barry Goldwater and "McCarthyisms": Joseph McCarthy were too largely correct.  Being outside the fould of central power: CFR/Rockefeller Eastarn Establishment......they were undermined and distroyed. 

All three men are highly comparable to Rabbi Kahane's confrontation with the "Jewish" Bolshevik and Diasproa "Jewish" Mainstream Establishments...

If you like to read, I'd recommend Barry Goldwater's "With No Apologies" and "Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator" by Arthur Herman
Very interesting MarZutra!
I learned alot about Mac Arthur helping BullCat Jr. to look him up.
I will also make a list of the books you suggest - so I can check them out of the library.  Thanks Again.  

This thread has been great for the both of us - especially it has fueled BullCat Jr.'s interest in history and in the great country she lives in.
She is also learning of all the sacrifice it took to make this such a great country. She is learning to value and defend her way of life, even at this young age, from all you very passionate and intelligent people.

She is also learning about Israel, her people and their daily struggle for survival.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2007, 10:16:44 AM »

Your very right about MacArthur he was indeed a great general and many people loved him. I was really made aware of this some years ago while traveling through Virgina and I stumbled onto his burial site. It is an enormous building much like Grants Tomb but only more elaborate. On the main level they have the crypt for his wife his son and himself and on the second level they have a museum with all his stuff medals, uniforms, personal belongings  everything very detailed. In the back of the building they have an annex used as a gift shop and in there they even have his car from the Philippians. Its to bad its in a rough neighborhood because its a great stop for people who are interested in military history to see.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »
I think you were afraid of the bear!  It's cheating I know because I was there - am I right? :::D

bullcat jr.

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »
no :(

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
Ok bullcat jr. I am not sure your still in the mood to look up some more stuff about our presidents but I will post a new question anyway. I tested this one out on a few people already and they could not come up with the answer. Some years back this boat was owned by the United States Government it was used by our presidents. See if you can come up with its name. Here is a hint. Its named after a very large tree.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »
Yup, MacArthur, McCarthy and the younger Goldwater (before the turned into a Libertarian) were the great voices of America.  I think it is sad that anyone, including Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo etc. who out of the "fould of Establishment power", really have no chance of being elected and therefore America's path will not change unless either at the State level they break out of the union (constitutional republic) or a civil war...imo.  The Establishment will not let them run unless they bend and hop on board of their Globalism bandwagon.  "To get along...go along" mentality is ever apparent.  Heck, this is what happened to Ronald Regan for example; the man who "defeated" communism.... ???  Look at Fred Thompson, for example, is a Trilateralist...

American political realities since the days of Woodrow Wilson and his shadow, or alter ego; Col M. House have been continually turning away from the Constitution towards the Socialist Welfare State being sold to the public as a "democracy"...which it is not. 

Bullcat you will enjoy these books by Antony Sutton and too, being a mother, the one about American academia.  All of these books, even though of different topics, all are connected in some sort of way, even the Kahane books...  http://www.somebodyhelpme.info/ebooks/ebooks.html  Too if you get an opportunity John T. Gatto's "The Underground History of American Education:
VIDEO INTERVIEW:
E-BOOK: http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/index.htm 

You will see that after skimming these pages on political realities and the "Deliberate Dumbing Down of America"...the bankruptcy of every aspect of the West all fits into this continual Leftwing drift into International Socialism...or Globalism.

If you are a reader who likes the very detailed works on philosophy/history you will enjoy Oswald Spenglers 1936 work "The Decline of the West"....   O0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 10:25:42 AM by MarZutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »
Thank You MarZutra.  I do love to read.  These topics are especially of interest to me now!  I worry every day about the world my child will live and lives in.  The education system...what is there to say?  It is all upside down.  
Thanks again for the suggested reading...it is always appreciated...knowledge is power as they say!
BullCat Jr. has had fun and learned alot from reading and  posting on this thread - Thanks for mentioning some of your favorite people in history  O0

bullcat jr.

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2007, 07:07:38 PM »
Ok bullcat jr. I am not sure your still in the mood to look up some more stuff about our presidents but I will post a new question anyway. I tested this one out on a few people already and they could not come up with the answer. Some years back this boat was owned by the United States Government it was used by our presidents. See if you can come up with its name. Here is a hint. Its named after a very large tree.

This one was easy  :)
My Mom saw this boat in New York City.
She was able to go on it!
She said it was beautiful.  Even if it wasn't fixed up yet.
She helped me find this

The Sequoia is a meticulously restored, 104-foot, 1925 Trumpy-designed yacht that has served Presidents since Herbert Hoover.

The yacht is a national historic landmark and is available for exclusive charters in Washington.

http://www.sequoiayacht.com/

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2007, 07:42:55 PM »
Thank You MarZutra.  I do love to read.  These topics are especially of interest to me now!  I worry every day about the world my child will live and lives in.  The education system...what is there to say?  It is all upside down.  
Thanks again for the suggested reading...it is always appreciated...knowledge is power as they say!
BullCat Jr. has had fun and learned alot from reading and  posting on this thread - Thanks for mentioning some of your favorite people in history  O0
You are most welcome Bullcat3.  I am glad that you allow your daughter to come on here and discuss various topics openly.  I know some things seem "extreme" today but when one looks at the filth, corruption, deprevity and absolute debasement that are held up as today's role models: Yasir Arafat, Bill/Hillary Clinton, Ghorge Wetback Bush, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and all those filthy Rap/Hip-Hop and to some extent the professional atheletes one must feel that "extremism" seems to only be acceptable when it is against what is both logical and moral.  If you should need anything or wish to pose questions or chat please feel free to pm me...  Very best regards and wishes.... :)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:37 PM »
The people on this forum are amazingly intelligent.  Under the strictest of supervision - I'm happy that she can be exposed to all of you.  8;)
I appreciate all your kindness - BullCat3

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2007, 08:50:20 PM »

This one was easy  :)
My Mom saw this boat in New York City.
She was able to go on it!
She said it was beautiful.  Even if it wasn't fixed up yet.
She helped me find this

The Sequoia is a meticulously restored, 104-foot, 1925 Trumpy-designed yacht that has served Presidents since Herbert Hoover.

The yacht is a national historic landmark and is available for exclusive charters in Washington.

http://www.sequoiayacht.com/
Here I thought I had a tough question and it turns out to be an easy one. I saw the Sequoia also but did not get to go on board. It was out here on Long Island  some time ago for a few weeks in a place called Port Jefferson. I got to see it up close and even got to look in the windows but did not go inside. It was a very nice yacht to see. You said your mom got to go on board see the inside that must have been a great feeling to be where all the presidents and famous people once were. Its to bad that Jimmy Carter had to be such a tightwad and sell this wonderful piece of history. It's great that the people who own it now take such good care of it and still have it open for tours.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:54:29 PM by cjd »

bullcat jr.

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2007, 08:59:42 PM »
I hope I get to visit it one day.

I will look for your next question  :)
Good Night.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2007, 07:16:22 AM »
Quote from: MarZutra link=topic=9046.msg#msg date=
Quote from: bullcat3 link=topic=9046.msg#msg date=
Thank You MarZutra.  I do love to read.  These topics are especially of interest to me now!  I worry every day about the world my child will live and lives in.  The education system...what is there to say?  It is all upside down. 
BullCat Jr. has had fun and learned alot from reading and  posting on this thread - Thanks for mentioning some of your favorite people in history  O0
You are most welcome Bullcat3.  I am glad that you allow your daughter to come on here and discuss various topics openly.  I know some things seem "extreme" today but when one looks at the filth, corruption, deprevity and absolute debasement that are held up as today's role models: Yasir Arafat, Bill/Hillary Clinton, Ghorge Wetback Bush, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and all those filthy Rap/Hip-Hop and to some extent the professional atheletes one must feel that "extremism" seems to only be acceptable when it is against what is both logical and moral.  If you should need anything or wish to pose questions or chat please feel free to pm me...  Very best regards and wishes.... :)
How very true.  A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with a neighbor and it came out that she was a distant relative of Betsy Ross.  I asked her 9 year old daughter if she knew that she was related to Betsy Ross and, to my surprise, she didn't know who I was talking about.  After a few seconds of struggling to remember she came up with "oh, was that the woman on the bus?".   I imagine she meant Rosa Parks.  This is the state of our education system.  By the way, she never was able to figure out who Betsy Ross was.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson