Author Topic: "Jewish" rapping  (Read 11834 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Re: "Jewish" rapping
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 04:59:55 AM »
For me it is all about melody and harmony...

Me too. This is why I like classical music.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 08:46:38 AM »
@muman
Ok fine. We dont agree on music.
The only problem I have is with the vile stuff.
I'll tolerate boring or annoying music.
I'll even tolerate that stuff you listen to. Except that cRap.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »
I do notconsider schvartzas to be Jews.The Ethiopians are the synagougeof Satan.

I'm not Jewish but I know Jewish law has pretty clear guidelines on who is Jewish and who isn't and many black Jews do fit those definitions.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
What's wrong with it?

I didn't know who that is.   

Offline Hank64

• Full JTFer
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »
Did any of you know anything of these clowns?  :::D

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:33:43 PM by Hank64 »

Q.: Why is Africa such a [censored]-hole?
A.: Because no Jews ever lived there.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
Chaim has said that although he disagrees with the medium, there are a few Jewish rappers out there who use rap to spread the message of Torah Judaism. Matisyahu is not actually a rapper, he is a reggae artist.

Offline stalepie

• New JTFer
  • Where do I put my name? Matt Dickinson
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2011, 02:27:32 AM »
Me too. This is why I like classical music.

There's lots of classical music that isn't harmonic! Perhaps you should try some Ligeti for a change.

Check out his grave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ligeti.jpg

It rules! Love that grave...

Also check out Scott Storch, you naszi, StørmFrønt-like racists-in-denial! You'll really dig his stuff, I think.

I don't think you should try to identify yourself or others necessarily by what music you like, especially if you're the sort that enjoys different kinds of music at different times in your life, or during different situations, if you like a variety.

There's nothing wrong with liking any kind of sounds, actually. Nothing in the Noahide Laws, the Bible, Maimonides, or anything else that I'm aware of (except perhaps Islam and Medieval Christianity) is actually against hearing certain kinds of sounds.

Just enjoy what you like. And it's perfectly possible (and normal) to like both rap and classical! (Yes, rap by black people, too, or opera by black people if you prefer: )

What, you don't like black people?

This place actually is racist, despite everyone seeming to be in denial about it.
- msd / matt
stale

P.S. I see you automatically add the slash through the o's for "st or mfr ont." Nice forum trick you got going there?

What a shady place this is...

Offline islamophobe

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
I can speak against his music which sucks. I don't like intelligent individuals who imitate Afro-Caribbean accent, broken English, and silly music. I think it is as artistically dishonest and flawed as if there were a Jamaican Rastafarian singing Hasidic music in ashkenazi accent.

Off the top of my head I can think of two examples of Jamaicans singing like Jews.
This song's heavy Jewish influence is obvious (Hatikvah, Fiddler on the Roof). In the 90's, you couldn't walk into a club without hearing this one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mzhNi10QDOE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In this next one at 2:12 Bob Marley sings nigunim
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yql9I2zARd4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:15:20 PM by islamophobe »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 02:04:46 AM »
Shyne claims to be a convert, but he is not just a simple Jew, he is a Levi:
Born Jamaal Michael Barrow, Shyne also goes by the Hebrew name Moshe Levi Ben-David.

Something is not right. How can that be his Hebrew name. And how can a convert be a Levite? Converts join the tribe of Yisroel, they can never do giyur and become Levites or Kohanim. Furthermore, how can a convert be "Ben David", unless his father is a Jew he would be a ben Avraham Avinu. But who am I know the circumstances like:

• Convert son of a Gentile mother/Jewish father= ben-Jewish father's Hebrew name
  • Convert of Gentile mother= ben/bat Avraham Avinu
  • -Not a convert. Son/daughter of a Jewish mother /Gentile father= not a convert but not assigned to any tribe= Ben/bat Avraham

But for a convert son of Gentile parents to be a ben David AND a Levite? o_O this is accepted? Maybe Levi is just part of his first/second name and not alluding membership into to the tribe of the Levites.

As for Matisyahu, I like him. Although I miss the bearded days. He's sadly taken some badmouthing from people ever since he shaved off his beard and bleached his hair blonde. In my opinion and as much as I like him, I honestly feel he went Hasidic too soon. It's happened to some people that they go from secular to Hasidic and then after a few years they end up MO, shomer mitzvot or just religiously Orthodox. The advise from these people is usually always something like "take it one step at a time". I don't know, just my observation. One thing for sure is that Hasidic teachings were a good influence on Matisyahu and in his music.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:23:23 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Painter

• Senior JTFer
Re: "Jewish" rapping Not my choice of music either but I like his attitude
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 06:03:34 AM »

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Ben-David could be a last name in modern Hebrew. Like Ben-Gurion. When there is a hyphen between Ben and the next name, it's usually a last name and not "the son of".

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 09:54:59 PM »
Warning explicit lyrics! ( Christians, Masons, and Jews rapping)

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
What about Beastie Boys?

Also, what are your thoughts on House of Pain? They're not jews, but im just wondering
Everlast was a Catholic who converted to islam!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »
Also check out Scott Storch, you naszi, StørmFrønt-like racists-in-denial! You'll really dig his stuff, I think.

I don't take any kind of advice from a sick piece of garbage like you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:35 AM »
I don't take any kind of advice from a sick piece of garbage like you.

I think that guy is long gone from the forum at this point. That post was from Aug 20, 2011...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »
Warning, Warning, Warning!!!!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
This genre rap has always been xenophobic for me and I actually had to put up with this genre in my young years to tag along with black people in my neighborhood and it just completely isn't for me. Luckily, the older black people in over their 40s I talk to are against this rap genre and we have common music tastes in blues and jazz.
But rap.. I mean PLAY INSTRUMENTS DAMN IT. I don't want to hear gibberish or slangs. A friggin low form of "art" at best.

On the other hand, I have some cousins that listen to rap and they talk slang, use the N word and I go...  Wth Smh o_0
Yes they are muslim rap listeners. Worse combination in the world ever.

I happen to be the only Mid-eastern rocker and metaller in the family for those of you notice I post a lot of Metal music on Jtf.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »
jews should not be cRaping.
they have more brains than that.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »
jews should not be cRaping.
they have more brains than that.

It's repetitive as hell. Makes me want to go to sleep. Boringggggg.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
I've developed a liking of Jewish Hip-Hop and know of at least four great Jewish 'rappers'. I do not like any non-Jewish rap because the only thing which is good about it is good Jewish themes.

Some good artists:

Prodezra
Jewda Maccabee
Shtar
Ben Yomin
Nossan Zand

Here are some Shtar songs:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »
Interesting links, Muman. Thanks for sharing.
I recently got into "Yiddish hip hop". I was hoping to find Jewish hip hop but did not find enough on my own. So these links help.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »
I know most MOST people won't agree, but the drums and rhythm combined with the timing of syllables and words is amazing sometimes... And the lyrics have meaning, country and blues music is similar in some ways. When I was in school I was actually in honor band,  jazz and blues.
Noahide, I don't know how you can listen to lyrics you can't understand, it sounds like noise... :)

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »
cRap should be illegal just like Islam. It is the biggest promoter of domestic terrorism and denigration in the U.S.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »
@אפרים בן נח It's called atmosphere my son.