Author Topic: Vito Was Great!  (Read 13027 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Vito Was Great!
« on: December 01, 2007, 06:48:08 PM »
Today was Vito's press conference.  He did a great job!  And I had the pleasure of meeting the following JTF'ers:

Bullcat3
CJD
Danstx
Yasmine
Italian Zionist

The woman heading up New Yorkers For Immigration Control and Enforcement was there, as was Pamela Hall of Stop the Madrassa, who shot a video of the event. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Vito Was Great!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »
Thanks Lisa! And it was great to meet all the other JTFers!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:09:10 PM »
Sounds great.   :)
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 07:25:30 PM »
You are right Lisa.  :)
Vito did a great job at his press conference and it was wonderful meeting up with you all.  8;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
I'm gonna contact Pamela, and get some nice photos for the website.

Great job Vito!!!

Brian

ftf

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 07:33:52 PM »
Why was it held on Shabbat? Jews shouldn't have come on to it on Shabbat.

America is not a Jewish state, Saturday is the day of the week on which the largest number of people are generally available to attend events like this, so it made sense for it to be on a Saturday.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
I had a Good time... Vito was Great and meeting my fellow JTFers was wonderful!  O0

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »

I didn't set the date, by the time I knew about it, it was already charged to Firster's card, so I went along with it. No big deal. And the only Jew there was Lisa.. none of the other JTFer's were Jewish there. Besides Yacov, you should know that not all Jews are observant, not even some of the Jews on this forum.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 07:41:36 PM »

America is not a Jewish state, Saturday is the day of the week on which the largest number of people are generally available to attend events like this, so it made sense for it to be on a Saturday.

America is not a Jewish state, but there are many Jewish JTFers that wanted to come, but are observant. I would have gladly made it a Sunday afternoon if the date wasn't set already. But it's no big deal, I want to meet more JTF people soon.. we have to have a NY JTF meeting!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 07:43:09 PM »
I wanted to go and offer Vito my support.  It wasn't "work" for me.  And considering that my family and I drive and speak on the phone on Shabbat, I didn't see anything wrong with it. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 07:43:43 PM »
Why didn't they have it on a Sunday?

Or you could have said that you don't want Jews to attend.

WHAT?!?! Yacov, now you're talking crazy. I asked every Jewish NY JTFer to come..

ftf

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Vito, don''t try and discuss something like this with Yacov, he'll just get more and more irate, the best policy would be to ignore him if he says anything further on the topic.

Everyone is saying that Vito's speech was great, can someone tell me why it was great? What did he say?

ftf

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 07:47:08 PM »

WHAT?!?! Yacov, now you're talking crazy. I asked every Jewish NY JTFer to come..

If you want to win, you should not promote Sabbath desecration as part of your campaign. You are not required to keep Shabbat because you are a Gentile, but G-d blesses Gentiles for supporting The Jewish People. Encouraging them to desecrate Shabbat is not supporting The Jewish People.

Can I ask, in what way is listening to someone speak a form of work?

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »
Excellent Point Yacov, however Vito explained the circumstance and I fully understand his position.
I know that many more JTFers would have attended...All in All, It was a success and I hope WE have an even bigger turnout for the NEXT Meeting, right?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »
Yacov, please don't jump down Vito's throat.  He wasn't the one who set the date.  And the fact that I decided on my own to go there and offer him my support does not mean that he was encouraging Jews to break the Sabbath.  So please let this go. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »

Yacov you know that's not the case why say something like that. Vito has the highest respect for JTF and  our Jewish members. There was other organizations that needed to be there. Sometimes things like this can't be scheduled on a Sunday.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 07:53:39 PM »
Vito, don''t try and discuss something like this with Yacov, he'll just get more and more irate, the best policy would be to ignore him if he says anything further on the topic.

Everyone is saying that Vito's speech was great, can someone tell me why it was great? What did he say?

I will e-mail you a transcript of exactly what I said. Uff.. you're a fiesty one for information, aye?  ;D

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
Vito, can you please email me a transcript of your speech as well?  I'd like to post it on my blog. 

ftf

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 07:55:07 PM »

I will e-mail you a transcript of exactly what I said. Uff.. you're a fiesty one for information, aye?  ;D
Information is the second most potent weapon in existence. (lol) Really, I've just always been a curious guy.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »

Yacov you know that's not the case why say something like that. Vito has the highest respect for JTF and  our Jewish members. There was other organizations that needed to be there. Sometimes things like this can't be scheduled on a Sunday.

Most of the people that were there from the other organizations would not have been able to make it if it was on a Sunday, either for church or political commitments.

ftf

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »

If you want to win, you should not promote Sabbath desecration as part of your campaign. You are not required to keep Shabbat because you are a Gentile, but G-d blesses Gentiles for supporting The Jewish People. Encouraging them to desecrate Shabbat is not supporting The Jewish People.

Can I ask, in what way is listening to someone speak a form of work?

If they were walking there, it would be okay. But if they came by car, bus, or train, wouldn't be okay.

Well then, surely there's no problem as long as the Jewish guests were good walkers, or cyclers.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 08:02:13 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 08:03:11 PM »
Well I drove there.  Also, my sister and her husband who live in New Jersey drove to my parents house today to visit.  So what?  Not everyone is going to be ultra observant. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2007, 08:05:51 PM »

I will e-mail you a transcript of exactly what I said. Uff.. you're a fiesty one for information, aye?  ;D
Information is the second most potent weapon in existence. (lol) Really, I've just always been a curious guy.
It was a great speech. I really think at some point Vito should post it on here but thats up to him. Vito I would really like to see JTF work with the other organizations there today. I think it would be mutually beneficial to all the groups.  We need to work on that.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »
  Vito was fantastic today! Congratulations again!
  I just emailed you guys the pictures we took this afternoon!  :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2007, 08:12:44 PM »

I will e-mail you a transcript of exactly what I said. Uff.. you're a fiesty one for information, aye?  ;D
It was a great speech. I really think at some point Vito should post it on here but thats up to him. Vito I would really like to see JTF work with the other organizations there today. I think it would be mutually beneficial to all the groups.  We need to work on that.

I will post the speech, just to see what everybody thinks..