Author Topic: This is a Christian?  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
This is a Christian?
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »
Hear Barack Hussein malign the Bible about two minutes into the video. Look at the disdain he has in his voice for it.
Somebody get this guy his Koran.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
Re: This is a Christian?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:35:13 AM »
so what christians are just as bad to jews as muslims. who cares none of the candidates are crazy about israel. america is worse to the jews than hamas, hezbollah the plo etc. you can count the jews who have been murdered by terroists but you cannot count the jews lost to assimilation especially in america

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:59:31 AM »
just what i thought no responses

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:01:56 AM »
so what christians are just as bad to jews as muslims. who cares none of the candidates are crazy about israel. america is worse to the jews than hamas, hezbollah the plo etc. you can count the jews who have been murdered by terroists but you cannot count the jews lost to assimilation especially in america

America is worse to Jews than Hamas?? is this some sorta joke?? is this what Baraq Hussein said??? I'm confused by such a stupid comment.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 01:20:55 AM »

America is worse to Jews than Hamas?? is this some sorta joke?? is this what Baraq Hussein said??? I'm confused by such a stupid comment.
its not stupid.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:16 AM »
Listen here Shimon, Jews have better things to do than notice you when you do something.  If you crave attention, then go look in a mirror.  You think a Christian America is the reason Jews are intermarrying?  It's the Jews own self hatred that does that.  In Anti-Christian Europe, Jews are intermarrying.  If you have no reason to be on the board other than to try and divide (and conquer?) right-wing Jews and righteous Gentiles, then you should go to the Yekutiels forum.

Christians are just as bad to Jews as Muslims?!  I write this off as insanity.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »
america in itself is a good gentile country. but it is frightening to see the amount of jews were lost because of assimilation. the rate of assimilation in russia ( pre communist) or arab nations was way lower than in america. but the best place to live by far is israel

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:27:28 AM »
Shimon I can understand how you feel since many of the major anti-Semites are nominally Christian, but any Christian who really reads their Bible will understand that God had built a relationship with the Jewish people and that certain areas were promised to the Jewish people by God Himself.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 01:28:37 AM »
Listen here Shimon, Jews have better things to do than notice you when you do something.  If you crave attention, then go look in a mirror.  You think a Christian America is the reason Jews are intermarrying?  It's the Jews own self hatred that does that.  In Anti-Christian Europe, Jews are intermarrying.  If you have no reason to be on the board other than to try and divide (and conquer?) right-wing Jews and righteous Gentiles, then you should go to the Yekutiels forum.

Christians are just as bad to Jews as Muslims?!  I write this off as insanity.
i do not. the thing we jews should be worrying about is israel and world wide jewery not western hellenistic coulture

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 01:30:58 AM »
Shimon I can understand how you feel since many of the major anti-Semites are nominally Christian, but any Christian who really reads their Bible will understand that G-d had built a relationship with the Jewish people and that certain areas were promised to the Jewish people by G-d Himself.
thats true but if you look in the gemarah lets just say it doesnt talk so positevly about christians. and some christians beleive that jews are no longer the chosen people therefore have no claim to israel

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 01:33:31 AM »
Shimon, Im more offended about your generalization of America that I am about your generalization about Christians.   Don't EVER say that we are in the same league as the Nazis of Hamas.  My grandfather would always tell me that he beleived that Jews were unwelcome in every country until he came here.

And yet, because you see Jews intermarrying, you feel its necessary to put us in the same category as the Islamic Reich!! this is just sickening!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »
Shimon I can understand how you feel since many of the major anti-Semites are nominally Christian, but any Christian who really reads their Bible will understand that G-d had built a relationship with the Jewish people and that certain areas were promised to the Jewish people by G-d Himself.
thats true but if you look in the gemarah lets just say it doesnt talk so positevly about christians.

There are major, irreconcilable theological differences. I'm not here to spread my religion however, nor am I here to adopt anyone else's religion. I think that Jews and Christians have common interests and common enemies. While we may have our own disagreements, for most people of both faiths, we do not wish to harm one another, and could live side by side in peace with one another despite such disagreements.

Liberalism and secularism threatens both groups. Islam threatens both groups. The same evil groups of people who hate Christians often hate sincere, right wing, religious Jews as well. We'll be better off if we work together instead of against each other.

and some christians beleive that jews are no longer the chosen people therefore have no claim to israel

That's a doctrine known as replacement theology, which many modern preachers teach vehemently against. I was never taught to believe in that doctrine.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 01:43:49 AM »
Hear Barack Hussein malign the Bible about two minutes into the video. Look at the disdain he has in his voice for it.
Somebody get this guy his Koran.

Notice how the evil Nazi Muslim Obama mentioned shellfish (which Muslims can eat) but not pork (which they can't). He certainly does show a contempt for Christianity in this video and it's quite obvious that he can't really be a follower of it himself. Especially in the way he equates it to all other religions including ISLAM! Ewww...

Nice find Lubab. This is pretty powerful evidence that Obama is a Muslim.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 01:51:57 AM »
I have no problem with Christians, no matter even those who don't believe in Israel as the chosen people anymore. After all, non-biblical religions have never believed in the idea of a chosen people at all. As far as they respect the historical Jewish right on EY, it's ok. The problem is when some Cristians claim that they have rights on EY, or better said, that Jews must be scattered and suffering for not being chosen anymore. That's the problem. And there are some Christians who preach that, not only about Jews but everynody. Here, we have some, who claim that non-Christians have no right at all. Some, even said that the victims of the tsunami deserved it for not believing in Jesus (or even not knowing about the Gospel)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:54:19 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:59 AM »
Do you like how he says "Al Sharpton's Christianity"?

As if he has his own branch  :D.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 03:34:44 AM »
Do you like how he says "Al Sharpton's Christianity"?

As if he has his own branch  :D.

Well that may not be all that far from the truth. I don't think that Al Sharpton could possibly be following the same religious principles that conservative, Bible-believing Christians do.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 06:55:11 AM »
thats true but if you look in the gemarah lets just say it doesnt talk so positevly about christians.

There are major, irreconcilable theological differences. I'm not here to spread my religion however, nor am I here to adopt anyone else's religion. I think that Jews and Christians have common interests and common enemies. While we may have our own disagreements, for most people of both faiths, we do not wish to harm one another, and could live side by side in peace with one another despite such disagreements.

Liberalism and secularism threatens both groups. Islam threatens both groups. The same evil groups of people who hate Christians often hate sincere, right wing, religious Jews as well. We'll be better off if we work together instead of against each other.

and some christians beleive that jews are no longer the chosen people therefore have no claim to israel

That's a doctrine known as replacement theology, which many modern preachers teach vehemently against. I was never taught to believe in that doctrine.

Well said Rubystars.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
Shimon, if Jews lose their faith or just water it down, this is not the fault of American assimilation. American assimilation does not call call for anyone to give up their faith, no matter what faith that might be, in fact keeping your faith is encouraged(sometimes very mistakenly such as with islam). If Jews, Christians, or anyone loses or tones down their religious beliefs, American assimiliation did not make them do that, their own free will did.
As for comparing America to hamas,hezbollah, this is just beyond disgusting. Where did a non oil nation in the middle east, Israel, get the funding to build such a strong military?
See, the great thing about American assimilation is that you can be an American, and have your religion too, or no religion, your choice, not America's. You sound like you are trying to say that Americanism and religion cannot co-exist, sounds kind of Shariaistic.
Shimon, just out of curiosity, do you reside in America or in Israel? If in America, my question would be, why?
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:06 PM »
Shimon, if Jews lose their faith or just water it down, this is not the fault of American assimilation. American assimilation does not call call for anyone to give up their faith, no matter what faith that might be, in fact keeping your faith is encouraged(sometimes very mistakenly such as with islam). If Jews, Christians, or anyone loses or tones down their religious beliefs, American assimiliation did not make them do that, their own free will did.
As for comparing America to hamas,hezbollah, this is just beyond disgusting. Where did a non oil nation in the middle east, Israel, get the funding to build such a strong military?
See, the great thing about American assimilation is that you can be an American, and have your religion too, or no religion, your choice, not America's. You sound like you are trying to say that Americanism and religion cannot co-exist, sounds kind of Shariaistic.
Shimon, just out of curiosity, do you reside in America or in Israel? If in America, my question would be, why?
  in a religious country religion means alot more.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 12:51:47 PM »
  in a religious country religion means alot more.

You mean like Saudi Arabia?
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
Obama doesn't understand religion.  He implies, in this video, a one world mentality of a new religion.

His disdain for certain passages indicates that he doesnt' understand the ways of history and thinks that if he does it his way, it will make things better.  Sorry, but we live in evil times.

You can't change scripture. However, you can always alter the interpretation of what is written without changing anything.

He does look at Gd with disdain.

"Can we all just get along?"

My answer: believe me, I would love to just get along..but if I'm going to persecuted for practicing my Judaism and be laughed at, screw you!  I want there to be Jewish state and even though I hate Islam, I want there to be one Islamic state...and several christian states, and a buddhist state and a hindu state and a non believer state...I want there to be a nation for each culture with defined borders..and i want there to be an end to jealousy and xenophobism and jingoism...

and when one nation wants to pursue the other's blood, then the other nation has a right to defend herself by any means without judgement and without intervention!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
why do you think the first lubavitch rabbi suported white russia in their war against napolean. by no means was russia a friend of the jews but the jews in russia were always devout inlike the other jews who lived in France and Germany

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
why do you think the first lubavitch rabbi suported white russia in their war against napolean. by no means was russia a friend of the jews but the jews in russia were always devout inlike the other jews who lived in France and Germany

You answered your own question. The physical threat of the Russians wasn't as much of a danger to the Jewish people as was the threat of assimilation under Napolean in his view.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
Re:  "...why do you think the first lubavitch rabbi suported white russia in their war against napolean. by no means was russia a friend of the jews but the jews in russia were always devout inlike the other jews who lived in France and Germany..."

Yes, and to clarify even further, Napoleon offered full citizenship to the Jews in exchange for their proclaiming themselves to be merely Frenchmen who follow a Jewish religion; meaning that Jews must forsake forever their identity as a Nation in Exile.

The Rebbe chose life under the Russian Tsar, where Jews were considered both by themselves as well as their non-Jewish countrymen to be an alien nation, distinct and unable to be assimilated; thus preserving Jews as Jews, rather than European secularists with a different minority religious practice.

Many Jews today are puzzled by the Rebbe's decision, due to the inestimable hardships of Jewish life in Russia.

At first call, choosing a more civilized and comfortable life in France and Germany would seem the most preferred path, but the Rebbe knew that the comforts of cosmopolitan Paris or Berlin would steal Jewish souls with far more certainty, than would life where a Jew could never for one second forget his being Jewish.

Offline shimon

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

You answered your own question. The physical threat of the Russians wasn't as much of a danger to the Jewish people as was the threat of assimilation under Napolean in his view.
exactly my point.

thank  you rabbi for proving my point.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:16:19 PM by shimon »