Author Topic: How did you come to choose your user name?  (Read 6515 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
How did you come to choose your user name?
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:06:30 AM »
We don't choose our birth names but we do choose our user names.  I'm assuming that our people chose the names they chose because something inspired them to do so.  So I'm wondering, since so many of you have great names, how did you come to choosing them?

In my case, my name means "to remember and to honour".  I want to remember and honour my grandfather's family, who perished in Sobibor, as well as all the Jews who were murdered by the nazis.  I remember and honour the victims of islamic terror.  I want to remember and honour every American soldier who fought for our freedom, as well as every Israeli soldier who fights with both hands tied behind his back.  I want to remember and honour my parents, and shabbat, and the sages who enrich our lives.  There are many things I want to remember and honour.

So what about you?

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: How did you come to choose your user name?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:54:00 AM »
"My little Golden Pheasant" etc.

My mother often called me like this.

So I became used to it.

As I came to the forum Green Plague I had no idea what to pick for a username. I decided to take the Golden Pheasant.

And as I joined JTF, I kept it.

But after a period of time, I thought Golden is a little bit too pride. So I ended with Pheasant.  :::D

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
muman613....

Well, its my first initial bumped up against my last name and the # 613 which represents the # of mitzvot given to us in Torah. It makes sense to me :)

muman613

Michael, the angel of benevolence, sits to the right of Hashems throne.
From Wikipedia:
According to rabbinic Jewish tradition, Michael acted as the advocate of Israel, and sometimes had to fight with the princes of the other nations (cf. Daniel 10:13) and particularly with the angel Samael, Israel's accuser. Michael's enmity with Samael dates from the time when the latter was thrown down from heaven. Samael took hold of the wings of Michael, whom he wished to bring down with him in his fall; but Michael was saved by G-d (Midrash Pirke R. El. xxvi.).

The rabbis declare that Michael entered upon his role of defender at the time of the biblical patriarchs. Thus, according to Rabbi Eliezer ben Jacob, it was Michael who rescued Abraham from the furnace into which he had been thrown by Nimrod (Midrash Genesis Rabbah xliv. 16). It was Michael, the "one that had escaped" (Genesis 14:13), who told Abraham that Lot had been taken captive (Midrash Pirke R. El.), and who protected Sarah from being defiled by Abimelech. He announced to Sarah that she would bear a son and he rescued Lot at the destruction of Sodom (Talmud B. M. 86b).

It is said that Michael prevented Isaac from being sacrificed by his father by substituting a ram in his place, and saved Jacob, while yet in his mother's womb, from being killed by Samael (Midr. Abkir, in Yalḳ., Gen. 110). Later Michael prevented Laban from harming Jacob (Pirke R. El. xxxvi.). According to one source, it was Michael who wrestled with Jacob and who afterward blessed him (Targum pseudo-Jonathan to Genesis xxxii. 25; Pirke R. El. xxxvii.).

A poem I wrote late this morning:

Many adversaries rise to fight me
In Olam Hazeh as well as Olam Haba
Can they triumph against the righteous?
Have faith that the wicked will be punished
A judgement has been cast in Shamayim
Evil will be defeated in the end
Love of Hashem will be established

Until the end has come we tremble
            Hashem is One
Most have fear on Judgement day
           His name is One
Against the wicked I have battled
        Hakodesh Baruch Hu
Never will I tire of the struggle
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 06:34:13 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:22:54 AM »
I started with Dannycookie57 because that was my aim name and wasn't really sure if I was goign to take this movement seriously or if it was even safe for me to be on this forum...but I stayed and it's a law abiding movement...from that, I changed it to Dr. Dan because that's what I am...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:01:27 AM »
I have NO imagination anymore. I just figured- well, heck... I may as well be proud of who I am.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:05 AM »
I use different names names on different forums mord starts with the first lewtter of my real name.I use different names on different forums so it's harder to track me through Google ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »
I just wanted something that sounded nice but now I think this name is a little too flashy. I might change it later but haven't thought of anything else.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »
I just wanted something that sounded nice but now I think this name is a little too flashy. I might change it later but haven't thought of anything else.

You could go with Rubymoon...
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »

You could go with Rubymoon...

Nice but then I'd sound like a real hippy if it doesn't already. lol

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:31:03 AM »
It's really my Hebrew name and many people call me this.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 09:45:55 AM »
Son of

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
Son of

OK this is where Americanhero steps in a puts something not nice.    :o
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
"And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel." - Judges 3:31

Anonymous servants can accomplish great things for God. Use what you have been given and trust in the Lord. God chose Shamgar to save Israel by striking down six hundred Philistine invaders. His story teaches us that one person CAN make a difference through God's power. Whatever challenges face you today, these four success secrets of Shamgar can give you the victory. They are profound yet simple. Serve where you are, use what you have been given, do what you can, and trust in the Lord.

I love the story of Shamgar. He is the subject of many of our Sunday school classes.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 11:11:14 AM »
Ok, I guess of you really want to know....it's kind of complicated though.... :laugh:

I love the name Hanna for different reasons....

One of being that Heroine of the Jewish People Hanna S. who became a martyr and she was in the IDF and lived on a kibbutz over in Israel after leaving Europe during the war.

I saw that movie back in the late 80s and it really touched my heart.

Well, ok, when my son was dedicated to the L-rd when he was a baby, my Pastor at the time read the scriptures about Hanna when she brought her son to the temple to be raised by the Priests....

Then, I found out that Hanna is Jewish for Ann, which is my middle name.

These are the reasons I chose Hanna.

Now, don't laugh at me. ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
Who wants to know ^-^

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:12 AM »
Who wants to know ^-^

We all want to know because this thread was started.... :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
Who wants to know ^-^

I was curious about yours American hero.  And Masterwolf, if you're out there.  Plus there are several other members with cool sounding names that I have no idea what they mean.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
I also find the name "Chaim ben Pesach" to be interesting, perhaps even unusual.  Maybe that will be my next week's ASK JTF question.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »
I support Judaism and I am a Christan. Simple I am a Pro Jew Christian. Although Chaim sometimes says Pro Christian Jew by accident.  :laugh:
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »
I used my AOL username Danstx19, and then converted.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
I Just changed my name. ProJew CATHOLIC!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 07:57:29 PM »

Cool name shift :)  :clap:

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 07:58:26 PM »

Cool name shift :)  :clap:
Thank You Very much Ruby.

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »
The nickname of my friend's son.  Obviously, neither deep nor meaningful.   ;D