Author Topic: Why do Christians care about Jews?  (Read 18020 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Why do Christians care about Jews?
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
*sings

"When we all get to heaven....."
If anyone is trying to infer that I spoke something which is not true then I must protest. Also what I wrote was in direct response to someones post who said that the NT and Christianity is completely compatible with Jewish Torah {which it is obviously not}...

We cannot pretend things which are not true. Scripture has clearly stated that the Jewish people will be elevated when we have complete faith and trust in Hashem, not when we accept help from the nations... It is VERY IMPORTANT that JTF remain closed in deference to Shabbat because it demonstrates the importance for a Jew to observe the Shabbat. Maybe a forum for non-Jews should be set up for their pro-Zionist movement. I think if we are the JEWISH TASK FORCE we should act Jewish. This is the only way I believe we will triumph in the end.

*sigh* Here we go again, Muman. Again with this divisiveness.

Obviously Christians DO believe that the NT is compatible with Torah if we are biblical Zionists. I had every right to explain why I am a Zionist in response to the OP question.

Is it that hard for you to just leave things alone?
This is fine with me, Muman, that you do this.
If anyone is trying to infer that I spoke something which is not true then I must protest. Also what I wrote was in direct response to someones post who said that the NT and Christianity is completely compatible with Jewish Torah {which it is obviously not}...

We cannot pretend things which are not true. Scripture has clearly stated that the Jewish people will be elevated when we have complete faith and trust in Hashem, not when we accept help from the nations... It is VERY IMPORTANT that JTF remain closed in deference to Shabbat because it demonstrates the importance for a Jew to observe the Shabbat. Maybe a forum for non-Jews should be set up for their pro-Zionist movement. I think if we are the JEWISH TASK FORCE we should act Jewish. This is the only way I believe we will triumph in the end.

*sigh* Here we go again, Muman. Again with this divisiveness.

Obviously Christians DO believe that the NT is compatible with Torah if we are biblical Zionists. I had every right to explain why I am a Zionist in response to the OP question.

Is it that hard for you to just leave things alone?

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Do they not want us here?

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It makes me sad that Mo was implying he basically doesn't care what happens to Christians. Christians are being murdered and dying in various places in the world due to persecutions, and for him to have no empathy with that really does irritate me. That's what I got out of his post that said he would never join a movement to help non-Jews.

I don't think Mo2388 meant to say that he doesn't care about bad things happening to Christians. 
Yes, Lisa.  My issue with Mo and Muman goes to the fact that they have problem with the Christian members on this forum, most who have been here way before they arrived.  They can't deny what is quite obvious by the patterns in their posts.  I will never believe that Mo was just asking an innocent question and we all know that Muman has big issues with Christianity( and the fact that Christian live and breathe).
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »

It makes me sad that Mo was implying he basically doesn't care what happens to Christians. Christians are being murdered and dying in various places in the world due to persecutions, and for him to have no empathy with that really does irritate me. That's what I got out of his post that said he would never join a movement to help non-Jews.

I don't think Mo2388 meant to say that he doesn't care about bad things happening to Christians. 
Yes, Lisa.  My issue with Mo and Muman goes to the fact that they have problem with the Christian members on this forum, most who have been here way before they arrived.  They can't deny what is quite obvious by the patterns in their posts.  I will never believe that Mo was just asking an innocent question and we all know that Muman has big issues with Christianity( and the fact that Christian live and breathe).

~Hanna~,

Do not think this... Of course we, and I , want you here and all those who share the vision of Jewish Israel...

I am sorry that this thread has gone the way it has...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2009, 02:51:40 PM »
Yes, this is the first time I have EVER heard such a term.....I don't get it and especially the "suspecting Jewish people" part.

Alright, now I'm confused.  What's a neo-gentile?  And what do you mean "suspect Jewish people?"
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »
ok...

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline MrPatriot1776

• Full JTFer
    • YouTube Channel - MrPatriot1776
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »
I think, Christians support the JTF because they are flocking to the best organization that opposes "The Islam." They find Jews as a natural ally against the terror.
Patriots! Capitalists! Jews! Gentiles! Lovers of freedom! Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/MrPatriot1776

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
I'm going to try to help Hindu Zionist out a little,
I think he meant "respect", not "suspect".

Offline kippeveer

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »
I believe the Jewish people are our brothers. Zionism makes perfect sense to me.
De profundis clame ad te Domine

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »
This is a matter of disagreement, Muman. We do not believe at all that Christian theology contradicts Torah (i.e. we say that Jesus is Hashem) and we certainly don't believe Torah is obsolete.

We don't need to go over our differences each and every time.

Most Christians don't know this and many of them don't even know what Tanakh or Mitzvah means. The world would be a better place if more Christians accepted that they are a Judeocentric faith.

Most Christians believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. What do the Christians think about our Jewish members here. Do you think that righteous Jews will go to Heaven even if they reject Jesus as a prophet and reject the idea of the trinity?

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2009, 05:51:10 PM »
When the fact is, we all already know the differences (at least in general), and none of us is trying to blur those lines here.   So it is divisive when people go on the offensive like that.   Also there is a defensive posture in some response, along the lines of "you better not proselityze us" which many probably find insulting because everyone here already knows this org. does not allow proselytizing, and people here aren't interested in doing that in the first place.  

You're a genius! I couldn't have said it better myself.

To answer the original question, I can only tell you how I feel about it. I believe the Bible when it says that we should bless Israel. I think the Jews do have promises that are made to them by G-d that were never nullified. I think it's important to acknowledge that curses will fall upon those who curse Israel and respond accordingly.

However, I'm not here to convert you to anything, I'm not here for selfish reasons. I believe Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and I admire the Jewish nation even though it is not my own nation. JTF will always focus primarily on Jewish needs and Jewish causes. I am not here primarily to help the USA or Gentiles in any fashion. I'm here to help Jewish people in Israel.

I want the Jewish settlers to win!

WOW, I'm not even going to comment.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
When the fact is, we all already know the differences (at least in general), and none of us is trying to blur those lines here.   So it is divisive when people go on the offensive like that.   Also there is a defensive posture in some response, along the lines of "you better not proselityze us" which many probably find insulting because everyone here already knows this org. does not allow proselytizing, and people here aren't interested in doing that in the first place.  

To answer the original question, I can only tell you how I feel about it. I believe the Bible when it says that we should bless Israel. I think the Jews do have promises that are made to them by G-d that were never nullified. I think it's important to acknowledge that curses will fall upon those who curse Israel and respond accordingly.

However, I'm not here to convert you to anything, I'm not here for selfish reasons. I believe Israel belongs to the Jewish people, and I admire the Jewish nation even though it is not my own nation. JTF will always focus primarily on Jewish needs and Jewish causes. I am not here primarily to help the USA or Gentiles in any fashion. I'm here to help Jewish people in Israel.

Who cares if you do or not

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

Clearly you do since you commented.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:24 PM »

Clearly you do since you commented.

Sure glupi magarac

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
Me too, I heard about all the stories in the Tanach from when I was a very small child on up until I became a baptized believer (age 11) I was raised going to Sunday School my entire childhood...all the true stories of Adam and Eve, David and Goliah, Moses and Pharoh, David and Jonathan, Joseph and his brothers, Ruth, Deborah, Moab, Solomon, the list goes on and on. My son got an award in Sunday school for being a bible scholar because I worked at an after school learning center that taught the word of God every day (we were there every day for 3 years)...

I admired the Jewish people, long before I became a born again Christian.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »
ok...

Why would I still be in this forum if I had a problem with the Christian members??? For your information I had an in depth discussion about Christianity with one of the members of the forums via private message a few weeks ago that lasted at least an hour, maybe two. I had questions and he/she answered them. I won't disclose who this member is, but he/she understood my questions. You can believe what you want about me, because at the end of day, I got some fine answers from this thread and now I have a better understanding.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
This is a matter of disagreement, Muman. We do not believe at all that Christian theology contradicts Torah (i.e. we say that Jesus is Hashem) and we certainly don't believe Torah is obsolete.

Most Christians don't know this and many of them don't even know what Tanakh or Mitzvah means. The world would be a better place if more Christians accepted that they are a Judeocentric faith.

Most Christians believe that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus. What do the Christians think about our Jewish members here. Do you think that righteous Jews will go to Heaven even if they reject Jesus as a prophet and reject the idea of the trinity?
Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  :read: Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2009, 06:10:19 PM »
The Jewish people are NEVER going to find a better friend than people like born-again believers, strong and devout Catholics, and people that love the G-D OF ISRAEL.

True that 'in the name of Christianity' atrocities have been committed, but please... Jewish people that are Erav-Rav have *NOT* hurt good G-d fearing Christians??? GIMME A BREAK!
Bolshevik Jews in this administration have TORN APART CHRISTIANS, so NOBODY is damned innocent!

This thread is SICKENING me now, beyond BELIEF.

Never mind all of the "Christianity"

I will know this:
In the N.T., Jesus was a Jew, he read from Torah, he was born in Israel, he was murdered in Israel, and all of my Jewish teachers that I know say, FLAT OUT:

"We don't believe that Jesus is/was the Messiah, but HE WAS ONE OF US"

So, can we stop? OBVIOUSLY the Christian people love a good Jewish teacher. That's all.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
Yes...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »
ok...

Why would I still be in this forum if I had a problem with the Christian members??? For your information I had an in depth discussion about Christianity with one of the members of the forums via private message a few weeks ago that lasted at least an hour, maybe two. I had questions and he/she answered them. I won't disclose who this member is, but he/she understood my questions. You can believe what you want about me, because at the end of day, I got some fine answers from this thread and now I have a better understanding.
Yeah... so do I

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »

Why in the world should any righteous Jew be concerned about Jesus as a prophet or the idea of the trinity. Both are non issues as far as Jewish theology is concerned and well they should be. A Jewish person  needs to be a righteous Jew and follow the Torah to get to Heaven and the last time I read it it did not include any Trinity or Jesus Christ.  :read: Nope... No Jesus or Holy Trinity.....None

So I'm not allowed to even ASK about Christianity? So a Jew can't even take a religions course? I don't understand what's wrong with learning more about the world.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Don't duck my question. I asked about what does Christianity say about Jews going to heaven.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »
i stand by Mo's and muman's post.. why? i'm not a jew. i'm a hindu. I stand by their views because we are all members of JEWISH task force. Not Neo-Gentile forum. If i'm a true gentile, i will support great jewish friends like muman and mo.

as long as no one forces gospel down the throat of my people(hindus) and the people i care(jews), i'm fine with Christian members of JTF.

Who forces the gospel here?
I would never want to be a fellow Christian
there are 1-2 members who support missionising to hindus and hindu nationalists. they are indirectly attacking the largest block of zionists on the planet(hindu nationalists organisaitons). so how can they support an organisaiton like JTF which is open to zionists? you cannot apply two different yardstick to (hindus and jews)zionists. Let me give you an example. Consider some christian member supporting missionising in India. he/she will donate something to the ministry for the same cause. What is the guarentee that this money will be used to convert hindus or convert jews?

I once talked to Yad L'Achim representative. I discussed many issues about missionising/zionism/islam. and we all had similar views and concerns. and the shocking thing was, the same evangelist organisations are working both in India and Israel.
OK I have heard this brought up once to often by you. Lets stop beating around the bush and give up the names of the two proselytizers . Lets get to the bottom of it right here and now. I don't go for the proselytizing myself. 
I guess there are no names to go along with the accusation.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2009, 06:51:25 PM »
I think some people just feel really strongly about some issues but this isnt really the place for arguments .... Just for the record - I am not starting an argument ...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »
Don't duck my question. I asked about what does Christianity say about Jews going to heaven.
What is there to duck! I was always told Jews are waiting for the Messiah.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2009, 07:00:35 PM »

This is my feeling too. I have felt that the forum has, for a while, been leaning towards Yeshiva Judaism (I don't know if this is the correct term), instead of staying with the religious zionism of the Kahanist type. The latter makes Israel its first priority and also prioritizes the ties between Jews and Gentiles. The former is not as committed to Israel (if at all) and is, on the whole, hostile to Christianity and distrustful of the idea of cooperating with pro-Israel Gentiles. I think that because of this drift, the forum has lost some popularity.