General Category > General Discussion

Haredims and Kahanists ?

<< < (11/16) > >>

Zelhar:

--- Quote from: ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ on December 15, 2009, 09:11:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zelhar on December 06, 2009, 08:25:41 AM ---It is important to understand that there is a whole spectrum of religious variates in Israel. Charedism itself is a large various section on the spectrum.

--- End quote ---
i really hope their numbers grow, but i read somewhere here mention that Charedim men cannot interact with women? does that mean they have to live a celibate life? THen its really difficult for their numbers to grow.

--- End quote ---

They are strict about interacting with women that are not family, again to various levels according to their affiliation. But when it comes to marrying and producing children the Charedim are the Jewish champions.

✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ:

--- Quote from: Zelhar on December 15, 2009, 10:06:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zelhar on December 06, 2009, 08:25:41 AM ---It is important to understand that there is a whole spectrum of religious variates in Israel. Charedism itself is a large various section on the spectrum.

--- End quote ---
i really hope their numbers grow, but i read somewhere here mention that Charedim men cannot interact with women? does that mean they have to live a celibate life? THen its really difficult for their numbers to grow.

--- End quote ---

They are strict about interacting with women that are not family, again to various levels according to their affiliation. But when it comes to marrying and producing children the Charedim are the Jewish champions.

--- End quote ---
i find nothing wrong in that, and i also read that liberal Jews are protesting against this. Let me tell you... In India 70% of the schools/colleges have segregated seating arrangements for boys and girls. While 90% of public transport services in India too have segregated seating arrangements. Maybe this is because of Hindu culture/ethics. But, we never felt it restricts our freedom or that it is too strict.

Zelhar:

--- Quote from: ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ on December 27, 2009, 11:38:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
i find nothing wrong in that, and i also read that liberal Jews are protesting against this. Let me tell you... In India 70% of the schools/colleges have segregated seating arrangements for boys and girls. While 90% of public transport services in India too have segregated seating arrangements. Maybe this is because of Hindu culture/ethics. But, we never felt it restricts our freedom or that it is too strict.

--- End quote ---
I didn't know that India has segregated sitting arrangement in public transport. To be honest in my view it is too strict. In Israel there is seating segregation in some bus lines that serve mostly Charedim. But there is friction between the Charedim and the rest of Israel, including most religious Jews, regarding some of those lines that serve also the general population.

✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ:

--- Quote from: Zelhar on December 28, 2009, 02:18:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ on December 27, 2009, 11:38:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I didn't know that India has segregated sitting arrangement in public transport. To be honest in my view it is too strict. In Israel there is seating segregation in some bus lines that serve mostly Charedim. But there is friction between the Charedim and the rest of Israel, including most religious Jews, regarding some of those lines that serve also the general population.

--- End quote ---
Infact in the labour industry the workplace is also sagregated for women and men. Its not strict considering men and women are allowed to come together during festives (eg: ). And this is allowed in a Hindu Nationalist ruled state. So I'm thinking how would Kahanist government actually deal with the agenda of the Charedims. Because they seem to have united stand on national/religious issues, how bout cultural? I think this would be a good question to ask Chaim in Ask JTF. :)

wonga66:
Nothing more hilarious than a 100% goy like Jean Claude van Damme with clip-on exaggerated peyos!

--- Quote from: Dr. Dan on December 06, 2009, 05:52:33 PM ---What do you mean that the haredim are not stylish?!  I think the peyot are cutest things ever!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version