Author Topic: Anyone here play sim city?  (Read 865 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Anyone here play sim city?
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:13:40 AM »
Just wondering if there are any other users here who like the sim city series? Does anyone know where I can get replica cities of New York or Chicago? Specifically for Sim City 4?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Anyone here play sim city?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 09:20:17 AM »
I've played a couple of versions of it but I'm not sure where you can find the files you need. I almost had the highest level of city once when I rented the first Sim City on SNES, but before I could make it I had to return it to Blockbuster. lol

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
I tried the new sim city societies and it was horrible, they completely removed all city building and zoning, they made it into a social game where you design pretty buildings and that's it. Seems like the education was removed after sim city 4 and it's not even made by the original developers :(. Closest thing I can find now is Cities X L 2011.

seems like everyone wants these action games, no thinking required :-/ I grew up with sim city 2000.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »
Back in the day I played simcity 2    very addicting.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 01:10:54 PM »
When I was younger I visited Sin City with some friends. I also attended some computer conferences in Sin City back in the 90s... Luckily I have not needed to visit that place again.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »
Sim city 2000 on the computer was great.   I think that was the one i played.    That was the one with the "arco's"  right?   Is that what they were called?   The really tall futuristic looking things that were the highest level

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
When I was younger I visited Sin City with some friends. I also attended some computer conferences in Sin City back in the 90s... Luckily I have not needed to visit that place again.

not sin city, sim city as in the game

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 01:26:06 PM »
Sim city 2000 on the computer was great.   I think that was the one i played.    That was the one with the "arco's"  right?   Is that what they were called?   The really tall futuristic looking things that were the highest level

it was a city building game, you basically had to create a successful city, set up taxes, law enforcement, fire department, medical, schools, it was a city planning game. The last one Maxis released was Sim City 4.

this is sim city 4

unfortunately Maxis was sold to EA so there haven't been any new ones except sim city societies which isn't even like the original. Yes as part of the cheats you could have stuff happen to your city like UFOs destroying the town, volcanos popping up, meteors, etc.

other things could happen in your city like if you didn't maintain a nuclear reactor, it would blow and destroy a chunk of your city, or fires can start, riots, etc.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

it was a city building game, you basically had to create a successful city, set up taxes, law enforcement, fire department, medical, schools, it was a city planning game. The last one Maxis released was Sim City 4.

Yep, that's a familiar sight.   For a time I really enjoyed that game.   Schoolwork got in the way.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:37:53 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Aussie_Kahanist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:00:14 AM »

I'll just leave this here
No trait is more justified than revenge in the right time and place- Meir Kahane

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
Sid meier's civilization 3 kicks butt too.  4 seems even more interesting
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein