Author Topic: The Third Term.  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
The Third Term.
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
I have not read all of this, but it does seem interesting.

http://pro.stansberryresearch.com/1210THIRDLIA/LPSINBZH/
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: The Third Term.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:13:32 PM »
I wish I could pause the video. It would be a lot easier to watch that way. Anyway I think that the person is right that Obama could set up a scenario where he could alter the constitution to get more than 2 terms if the conditions are right. More than half of the American voting public don't care about the Constitution anymore anyway or they wouldn't have voted for someone not qualified to be president in the first place.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
I wish I could pause the video. It would be a lot easier to watch that way. Anyway I think that the person is right that Obama could set up a scenario where he could alter the constitution to get more than 2 terms if the conditions are right. More than half of the American voting public don't care about the Constitution anymore anyway or they wouldn't have voted for someone not qualified to be president in the first place.

It lets me pause it. Just click on it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:50 PM »

You realize that the 2 term limit is not in the Constitution (but rather the ammendments)... Did you know that FDR served three terms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fdr#Third_term.2C_1941.E2.80.931945

The 22nd ammendment to the Constitution added the two term limit for the president.

The Twenty-second Amendment of the United States Constitution sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. The Congress passed the amendment on March 21, 1947. It was ratified by the requisite number of states on February 27, 1951.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Of course I would be against Obama getting a third term...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
FDR served 4 terms... well just barely... since he died shortly after being inaugurated  in 1945.... 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:31 PM »
Muman, the amendments are part of the Constitution. That's why they're amendments to the constitution. A lot of really important Constitutional protections are in the amendments including the bill of rights.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:20:25 PM »
Muman, the amendments are part of the Constitution. That's why they're amendments to the constitution. A lot of really important Constitutional protections are in the amendments including the bill of rights.

Yes, and an Ammendment can change the constitution. As I said above, we have had presidents who have served 4 (I stand corrected) terms. Thus it is not against the will of the founding fathers to have a president who serves more than 2 terms. All it would take is another ammendment, or annulling the current ammendment.

If there is the desire to go around the Constitution then there will be hell to pay...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
Yes, and an Ammendment can change the constitution. As I said above, we have had presidents who have served 4 (I stand corrected) terms. Thus it is not against the will of the founding fathers to have a president who serves more than 2 terms. All it would take is another ammendment, or annulling the current ammendment.

If there is the desire to go around the Constitution then there will be hell to pay...

I think that there were some amendments added that shouldn't have been, but on the other hand I think the 2 term limit is a very good thing. When I took my government classes they mentioned the reason for it, the very thing the video talks about, that more than 2 terms allows a president to become too powerful. God forbid Obama is able t do this. :(

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
Please use some critical thinking when listening to this guy.  He just said that Woodrow Wilson moved us towards paper money.  That immediately sent up a red flag.  Let's not forget about the nutcases who want to move us back to a precious metal money standard like we had in the dark ages before the renaissance.  This guy also said that he spent $100,000 in research at the begining of the video.

There's a reason why there's not time index adjustment or sound adjustment in the presentation.  In my opinion this man is a charlattan and is trying to brainwash people.  Bubbe Maises.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
Please use some critical thinking when listening to this guy.  He just said that Woodrow Wilson moved us towards paper money.  That immediately sent up a red flag.  Let's not forget about the nutcases who want to move us back to a precious metal money standard like we had in the dark ages before the renaissance.  This guy also said that he spent $100,000 in research at the begining of the video.

There's a reason why there's not time index adjustment or sound adjustment in the presentation.  In my opinion this man is a charlattan and is trying to brainwash people.  Bubbe Maises.
What's wrong with the precious metal standard versus the oil standard?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
Fiat currency is not based on any commodity as a standard but rather on the idea that the power of the fiat is enforced by the strength of the country militarily.  This is the proper way to issue currency.  It doesn't need to be backed by anything.  The fact that the process is abused doesn't mean the structure is incorrect.

If we based currency on gold, based on all the gold that is already extracted from the earth's crust, there would only be enough gold to give each person in the world 5 small gold rings.

Explain to me how you would buy groceries...  Would you go to the local shop and barter a big heavy sack of barley for a big heavy sack of oats!?

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »
Fiat currency is not based on any commodity as a standard but rather on the idea that the power of the fiat is enforced by the strength of the country militarily.  This is the proper way to issue currency.  It doesn't need to be backed by anything.  The fact that the process is abused doesn't mean the structure is incorrect.

If we based currency on gold, based on all the gold that is already extracted from the earth's crust, there would only be enough gold to give each person in the world 5 small gold rings.

Explain to me how you would buy groceries...  Would you go to the local shop and barter a big heavy sack of barley for a big heavy sack of oats!?
Gold would be a valuable metal! How would I buy groceries?I would make my own food. Yes I would barter

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
I don't have a computer right now, so I am having trouble responding to peoples posts. It's called hard work, you produce extra for others and charge them for it, or trade. You have something I want, I have something you want, so we trade.

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
It's impractical.  That's why we have money.  People cannot go about carrying wagonloads of produce to exchange with eachother.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:53:09 PM »
It's impractical.  That's why we have money.  People cannot go about carrying wagonloads of produce to exchange with eachother.
The money will soon have no value, because it is paper. Our Government keeps printing money, so it will be worth nothing soon.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »
I believe that there needs to be something (be it gold or whatever) which backs up the value of the currency.

Otherwise it is 'just paper' and can be printed easily...

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:37:40 PM »
Yes there is a risk of inflation with paper (fiat) currency.  But precious-metal backed currency is certainly not the answer.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 12:22:50 AM »
I think that there were some amendments added that shouldn't have been, but on the other hand I think the 2 term limit is a very good thing. When I took my government classes they mentioned the reason for it, the very thing the video talks about, that more than 2 terms allows a president to become too powerful. God forbid Obama is able t do this. :(

Limiting the power of the president and preventing it from becoming excessive is definitely in line with the principles of the founders.  So although it's an amendment, it's an amendment that fits within the scope and purpose of the constitution.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
Limiting the power of the president and preventing it from becoming excessive is definitely in line with the principles of the founders.  So although it's an amendment, it's an amendment that fits within the scope and purpose of the constitution.

I watched biographies of the presidents of America on election week...

One of the presidents who attempted to strengthen the power of the office of the President was Andrew Jackson. It turns out he was one of the early Democrats...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson

Andrew Jackson (March 15, 1767 – June 8, 1845) was the seventh President of the United States (1829–1837). Based in frontier Tennessee, Jackson was a politician and army general who defeated the Creek Indians at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend (1814), and the British at the Battle of New Orleans (1815). A polarizing figure who dominated the Second Party System in the 1820s and 1830s, as president he dismantled the Second Bank of the United States and initiated ethnic cleansing and forced relocation of Native American tribes from the Southeast to west of the Mississippi River. His enthusiastic followers created the modern Democratic Party. The 1830–1850 period later became known as the era of Jacksonian democracy.[1]

Jackson was nicknamed "Old Hickory" because of his toughness and aggressive personality; he fought in duels, some fatal to his opponents.[2] He was a wealthy slaveholder. He fought politically against what he denounced as a closed, undemocratic aristocracy, adding to his appeal to common citizens. He expanded the spoils system during his presidency to strengthen his political base.

Elected president in 1828, Jackson supported a small and limited federal government. He strengthened the power of the presidency, which he saw as spokesman for the entire population, as opposed to Congressmen from a specific small district. He was supportive of states' rights, but during the Nullification Crisis, declared that states do not have the right to nullify federal laws. Strongly against the national bank, he vetoed the renewal of its charter and ensured its collapse. Whigs and moralists denounced his aggressive enforcement of the Indian Removal Act, which resulted in the forced relocation of thousands of Native Americans to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma). Historians acknowledge his protection of popular democracy and individual liberty for United States citizens, but criticize him for his support for slavery and for his role in Indian removal.[3][4]

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:23 AM »
FDR served 4 terms... well just barely... since he died shortly after being inaugurated  in 1945....
Actually FDR had had enough by the end of his third term and had given serious consideration of not running again... His mother had who he was very close to had passed away and the family money which they all depended on was running low... FDR realized he was in poor health and wanted to go back home and work in the private sector while he still could... It was the Democrat party that pushed him to run a 4 term although I don't believe they had to push very hard... I think it was almost an unspoken given in the administration that FDR would never survive to see the end of his term... The end however came sooner than anyone suspected because when FDR died suddenly Truman who was new to the administration was tossed into the presidency totally unprepared to deal with Stalin at the Potsdam conference and the birth of atomic bomb... If anyone reads enough about the Roosevelt presidency they will clearly come away with the understanding that two terms is about all any president should have.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:19:32 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 04:43:26 AM »
 :dance:

Almost four terms too many for that anitisemitic swine, yimach shemo!

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 04:48:38 AM »
Actually FDR had had enough by the end of his third term and had given serious consideration of not running again... His mother had who he was very close to had passed away and the family money which they all depended on was running low... FDR realized he was in poor health and wanted to go back home and work in the private sector while he still could... It was the Democrat party that pushed him to run a 4 term although I don't believe they had to push very hard... I think it was almost an unspoken given in the administration that FDR would never survive to see the end of his term... The end however came sooner than anyone suspected because when FDR died suddenly Truman who was new to the administration was tossed into the presidency totally unprepared to deal with Stalin at the Potsdam conference and the birth of atomic bomb... If anyone reads enough about the Roosevelt presidency they will clearly come away with the understanding that two terms is about all any president should have.
When FDR run for a 3rd term America was still out of the war, more then a year before pearl harbor. I think FDR wanted to rule like a dictator, and dictators have a habit of clinching to their seat of power till their last breath.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:10:43 AM by cjd »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »
When FDR run for a 3rd term America was still out of the war, more then a year before pearl harbor. I think FDR wanted to rule like a dictator, and dictators have a habit of clinching to their seat of power till their last breath.
You are more than likely correct about FDR's mindset going into his third term since he was still in reasonably good health at that point... What I was talking about was the time leading up to his final term where his health had rapidly gone down hill... I corrected my post to make that more clear.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 07:59:14 AM »
It lets me pause it. Just click on it.

Thanks.

I agree. The checks and balances system gets unbalanced if one branch of government becomes too powerful.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
BHO won't have a third term. He'll just be king.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774