Author Topic: Pope plans to revive the prayer for the conversion of "perfidious Jews"  (Read 10943 times)

Offline Carlyle

• Full JTFer
The old Catholic Good Friday prayer in English:
Let us pray also for the perfidious Jews: that our God and Lord may remove the veil from their hearts; that they also may acknowledge Our Lord Jesus Christ. Let us pray. Let us kneel. (Arise.) Almighty and Eternal God, Who dost not exclude from Thy mercy even the perfidious Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of Thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Who livest and reignest with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Ghost, through all endless ages. Amen.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=79cb05e1-5a0a-4912-8807-17384c90a0c4

newman

The poop is an ex-hitler youth german nazi Jew-hater

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
The reason why the pope and the Catholic faith singles out Jews is because they know that Judaism is in direct competition to their faith for the "truth".  They seek to destroy Judaism because then Christianity will be the one true religion with no competition and then they can feel secure in their beliefs.  I believe that the desire to convert Jews has to do with their own inferiority complexes.  Why else would they pick out Jews who are around 13 million people in a sea of non-Christian heathens.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

The reason why the pope and the Catholic faith singles out Jews is because they know that Judaism is in direct competition to their faith for the "truth".  They seek to destroy Judaism because then Christianity will be the one true religion with no competition and then they can feel secure in their beliefs.  I believe that the desire to convert Jews has to do with their own inferiority complexes.  Why else would they pick out Jews who are around 13 million people in a sea of non-Christian heathens.   

Let me illustrate.

You never see hetro sexuals trying to convice everybody that they're normal. But the gay lobby knock themselves out trying to prove that they're normal and the rest of us are just too biggotted to see the light.
Pedophiles do this too.

The reason is that the two latter groups know (sub consciously) that they are perverted and so they are really just trying to convince themselves.

I would submit that the church is in the same boat.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:10:24 AM by newman »

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
I can remember watching the previous Dope arriving at JFK, getting off his plane, kneeling and kissing the ground.

My father in his infinite wisdom remarked, "He can kiss my ass".

I was pretty young at the time and didn't really understand why my father would say such a thing.

I mean, the Dope seemed like a nice guy, and I didn't know much about the Vatican.

Well, you know what ?

My dad knew what he was talking about.

The Dope and the Vatican can kiss my Jewish ass.

newman

I can remember watching the previous Dope arriving at JFK, getting off his plane, kneeling and kissing the ground.

My father in his infinite wisdom remarked, "He can kiss my ass".

I was pretty young at the time and didn't really understand why my father would say such a thing.

I mean, the Dope seemed like a nice guy, and I didn't know much about the Vatican.

Well, you know what ?

My dad knew what he was talking about.

The Dope and the Vatican can kiss my Jewish ass.

Amen Amen, son of Israel.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
The old Catholic Good Friday prayer in English:
Let us pray also for the perfidious Jews: that our G-d and Lord may remove the veil from their hearts; that they also may acknowledge Our Lord Jesus Christ. Let us pray. Let us kneel. (Arise.) Almighty and Eternal G-d, Who dost not exclude from Thy mercy even the perfidious Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of Thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same Lord Jesus Christ, Who livest and reignest with G-d the Father in the unity of the Holy Ghost, through all endless ages. Amen.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=79cb05e1-5a0a-4912-8807-17384c90a0c4
If this is what this Pope feels he needs to do to bring fallen Catholics back into the church he is barking up the wrong tree. I don't agree that it's is for the purpose of conversion or due to and inferiority complex. Most Catholics have no desire to convert anyone and really don't see the Jewish faith as a threat. Most Catholics I know have positive views about the Jewish faith. What you are seeing here is ignorance at high levels of the church as to what Catholic followers want.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:43:36 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Now this is how you become a mass movement: Insulting the Pope, Catholicism and alienating any Catholics who may ever want to join JTF. Good job, guys. What makes me sick is non-Catholics telling THE POPE how to practice his faith. An appropriate thing to say would be "I disagree with the Pope because the Torah says A, B and C, now we need to get the message out to Jews to prevent conversions". Instead people are calling him the poop, a nazi, telling him to kiss their ass and telling him how to practice his faith.

This board is becoming a caricature of everything that went wrong with the Kahanist movement after Rabbi Kahane died.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
What makes me sick is non-Catholics telling THE POPE how to practice his faith. An appropriate thing to say would be "I disagree with the Pope because the Torah says A, B and C, now we need to get the message out to Jews to prevent conversions". Instead people are calling him the poop, a nazi, telling him to kiss their ass and telling him how to practice his faith.

We're against "THE POPE" telling Jews how they should practice their faith, we don't care how the Pope practices his faith,  HE'S the one telling other people that their faith is wrong.  I agree that personal insults aren't necessary though.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

newman

What makes me sick is non-Catholics telling THE POPE how to practice his faith. An appropriate thing to say would be "I disagree with the Pope because the Torah says A, B and C, now we need to get the message out to Jews to prevent conversions". Instead people are calling him the poop, a nazi, telling him to kiss their ass and telling him how to practice his faith.

We're against "THE POPE" telling Jews how they should practice their faith, we don't care how the Pope practices his faith,  HE'S the one telling other people that their faith is wrong.  I agree that personal insults aren't necessary though.
Sorry Ze'ev, I disagree.

The poop is reviving a filthy anti-semitic prayer from the dark ages. He is a crout and a former hitler youth....he admits it. Insults and ridicule are more than justified.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Oh, so JTF won't become a mass movement by insulting the Dope ?

That's a shame.

But what needs to be said, will be said.

The Pope is a dope and he can kiss my Jewish ass.

I've got a massive bowel movement for the anti-Semite Pontiff and his Vatican cohorts.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't believe insulting the pope this way is a good idea. As thunderbolt said, it is the perfect way of alienating people. You are not making it clear enough that all you disagree with is that prayer. It sounds to much like you are criticisms all Christians. I personally don't think having these prayers is going to help the church anyways. We see how the church was once so powerful and now it has been lowered to something which is almost banned in the big cities. I believe this is the punishment for their long standing anti antisemitism.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
lets not forget that Islam is the enemy and we need to work together to kill it.

newman

I don't believe insulting the pope this way is a good idea. As thunderbolt said, it is the perfect way of alienating people. You are not making it clear enough that all you disagree with is that prayer. It sounds to much like you are criticisms all Christians. I personally don't think having these prayers is going to help the church anyways. We see how the church was once so powerful and now it has been lowered to something which is almost banned in the big cities. I believe this is the punishment for their long standing anti antisemitism.

The topic of the thread makes clear the reason for the abuse. If anyone thinks it's an attack on christians or catholic individuals they're not thinking. We pan stupid leftist rabbis every other day and nobody claims it's an attack on judaism.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
I'll stop insulting the Dope, the Vatican, and the so called Christians that agree with and support the anti-Semite Pontiff just as soon as they apologize and stop insulting me.

It's almost amusing to hear the 'let's not alienate them' nonsense.

What's going to happen if they get alienated ?

What are they going to do ?

Stop loving my perfidious butt ?

Gee, that would be a real shame, wouldn't it ?

The Dope and the Vatican have plenty of past injustices and murderous criminal behavior against the Jews to apologize and repent for.

But no apology is forthcoming.

Nah, all we get is more of the same old crapola.

But I better be nice to those [censored].

Yeah, right.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
The point is, MucktheFuslims, you can insult the pope all you want and you should insult him, but when you insult the Pope you're insulting any Catholic who may want to join JTF and they will be alienated by this.  Is insulting the pope worth more to you than attracting Catholic JTFers? 

newman

I'll stop insulting the Dope, the Vatican, and the so called Christians that agree with and support the anti-Semite Pontiff just as soon as they apologize and stop insulting me.

It's almost amusing to hear the 'let's not alienate them' nonsense.

What's going to happen if they get alienated ?

What are they going to do ?

Stop loving my perfidious butt ?

Gee, that would be a real shame, wouldn't it ?

The Dope and the Vatican have plenty of past injustices and murderous criminal behavior against the Jews to apologize and repent for.

But no apology is forthcoming.

Nah, all we get is more of the same old crapola.

But I better be nice to those schmucks.

Yeah, right.

TOO right!

They spent 1700 years murdering, torturing, raping and confiscating the property of Jews. I say they should park over financial reparations.
The Germans had to, why can't they?

newman

The point is, MucktheFuslims, you can insult the pope all you want and you should insult him, but when you insult the Pope you're insulting any Catholic who may want to join JTF and they will be alienated by this.  Is insulting the pope worth more to you than attracting Catholic JTFers? 

Not true. As an ex-catholic I can assure you many catholics disagree with papal positions. They've had 1700 years to get used to silliness from Rome.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Yes it is Ze'ev.

I don't want or expect the friendship of Catholics who support the Dope or the Vatican.

Trust me on this, Catholics that support the Dope aren't your friends and they won't be joining JTF.

So repeat after me:

The Dope can kiss my Jewish ass.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Listen, everything people are saying about how the Christians murdered jews is true. Chaim Aknowledges this all the time. The problem is that we have to deal with our current enemies. Dwelling in the past and ignoring the present won't be helpful. Christians are not our enemies anymore and if we act this way towards them, we are loosing a friend in the fight against Muslims. Besides, if Rabbi Kahane could work with Christians, I am sure everyone here can as well.

newman

Listen, everything people are saying about how the Christians murdered jews is true. Chaim Aknowledges this all the time. The problem is that we have to deal with our current enemies. Dwelling in the past and ignoring the present won't be helpful. Christians are not our enemies anymore and if we act this way towards them, we are loosing a friend in the fight against Muslims. Besides, if Rabbi Kahane could work with Christians, I am sure everyone here can as well.

Nobody here is saying we can't work with good, righteous christians. But these particular christians (in our current day) are reviving anti-semitic filth from the dark ages. Should we just be whimpy shtetl dwellers and let it slide?

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
If I recall correctly didn't this Dope (correctly) quote some centuries old text that was anti-Islamic and wind up apologizing and groveling to the Moozies for doing so ?

Now here he is just a little while later (incorrectly) digging up and resuscitating some old anti-Jewish nonsense.

Why do I get the feeling he won't be apologizing and groveling to the Jews he just insulted ?

Oh yeah, because we're not supposed to be upset or angry.

That might alienate our Catholic 'friends'.

What a crock. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
All your points are valid. You can be sure he won't apologize to the Jews as he did to the sandshvartzas. I think it's best if you ask Chaim about this and at least get his opinion on the matter. I do think that many Christians wouldn't subscribe to that kind of ideology so lets be slightly more careful.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
If I recall correctly didn't this Dope (correctly) quote some centuries old text that was anti-Islamic and wind up apologizing and groveling to the Moozies for doing so ?

Now here he is just a little while later (incorrectly) digging up and resuscitating some old anti-Jewish nonsense.

Why do I get the feeling he won't be apologizing and groveling to the Jews he just insulted ?

Oh yeah, because we're not supposed to be upset or angry.

That might alienate our Catholic 'friends'.

What a crock. 
Boy your in rare form today. I think you got your point across. You make some valid points however now your starting to sound shrill.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Ze'ev Jabotinsky, you're not doing a good moderator job here by insulting the Catholics.  People leave JTF when they see this infighting. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD