Poll

Sons of the New Testament (Arab Christian Party): Good or Bad?

Good
4 (40%)
Bad
6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Sons of the New Testament (Arab Christian Party): Good or Bad?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
  • «Львівські Євреї – 700 років наполегливої.»
From Wikipedia
The party was established in 2013 with the aim of representing the interests of Arab Christians in Israel. The party encourages full integration of Christian Arabs into Israeli society, the two-state solution, and enlistment of Arab Christians into the Israel Defence Forces. It was founded by Bishara Shilyan, a 58-year-old sea captain from Nazareth. One of the reasons for founding the party is the belief that the existing Arab parties are predominantly Muslim and represent an agenda foreign to the Christian community. Israel's Arab Christians are predominantly Melkite Greek Catholic and represent a minority within the broader Arab population of the country.

The party's founder, Shilyan, has also said he wants to build a 100-foot tall statue of Jesus (modeled on Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue) on top of a mountain in Nazareth. He said the purpose of the statue would be to prevent Nazareth's Christian heritage from being eroded. The town's Christian population has been steadily decreasing relative to its Muslim population.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Sons of the New Testament (Arab Christian Party): Good or Bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
We do not support the so-called two-state suicide solution...

And Israel is the JEWISH state and should not be promoting foreign beliefs.

Remember there is NO 'New testament', only the Torah which is the ONE testament Hashem gave to his people. Nothing can replace it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »
We do not support the so-called two-state suicide solution...

And Israel is the JEWISH state and should not be promoting foreign beliefs.
I agree in that I'm against the (final) solution and hopefully everyone on here is. However I think it is good that there is a party that wants to separate Arabic-speaking Christians from the Palestinian movement. I remember reading comments of Palestinian Christians and Palestinian Christian Americans on Facebook which were very anti-Israel, and it was on the CNN propaganda piece about Palestinian Christians. These idiots clearly don't care about their religion and put the made-up "Palestinian" identity first – if they truly cared about Christians they would be against the Palestinian cause. The Islamic terrorists are now trying to sell the Palestinian cause as Christians and Muslims together against Jews- but not to Jews because they don't want to look anti-semitic, so they even include Jews in it (because apparently the Palestinian government has a (traitorous) Jewish member). The Palestinian movement is an Islamic movement and hopefully these Christians can expose that. It just bothers me that they support a Palestinian state even though they say they are completely Israeli Christians and therefore have nothing to do with the Palestinian movement.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not targeted to Jews.

Anyhow, I am very skeptical, to put it mildly.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:08 PM »
Arab Christians call themselves Palestinians.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's not targeted to Jews.

Anyhow, I am very skeptical, to put it mildly.
It's intended as a party for Christians- and yes I agree, I'm skeptical too. If they identify as Israeli Christians what would they have to do with the Palestinian movement?

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
If they want to integrate Arab Christians into Israeli society and rebuke the "palestinian" myth, it doesn't bother me as long as they respect and recognize Israel as the Jewish state with Torah laws and Torah principles. I don't hate Arabs as long as they are not muslims or don't associate themselves with "palestinians" in general. What bothers me is that they support the suicidal so-called "two-state solution".
Remember there is NO 'New testament', only the Torah which is the ONE testament Hashem gave to his people. Nothing can replace it.

Yes, we Jews don't believe or follow the New Testament, but we cannot tell others what to believe. No need to make statements like that. Christians should stop missionizing Jews and that is all.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 08:02:50 PM »
If they want to integrate Arab Christians into Israeli society and rebuke the "palestinian" myth, it doesn't bother me as long as they respect and recognize Israel as the Jewish state with Torah laws and Torah principles. I don't hate Arabs as long as they are not muslims or don't associate themselves with "palestinians" in general. What bothers me is that they support the suicidal so-called "two-state solution".
Yes, we as the Jews don't believe or follow the New Testament, but we cannot tell others what to believe. No need to make statements like that. Christians should stop missionizing Jews and that is all.
That's because they identify themselves as Palestinian.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
^I think they're starting to change their mind real quick.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 08:13:23 PM »
Yes, we Jews don't believe or follow the New Testament, but we cannot tell others what to believe. No need to make statements like that. Christians should stop missionizing Jews and that is all.
I agree 100%. My father is Christian and I have no problems with anything they teach- it's just that I'm Jewish and always will be, and will raise my children as such.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 08:26:32 PM »
I agree 100%. My father is Christian and I have no problems with anything they teach- it's just that I'm Jewish and always will be, and will raise my children as such.

You evidently don't know a lot about being Jewish if you think there is no issue with what they teach.. Maybe you should study a little bit about what Judaism is and then make a comment...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
You evidently don't know a lot about being Jewish if you think there is no issue with what they teach.. Maybe you should study a little bit about what Judaism is and then make a comment...
Muman... If he is a troll...that was a perfect setup for you! :::D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »
No, I do know what they teach. I also know that most Christians aren't running around saying "Death to Jews!". You evidently don't know very much about religion if you think that Jews and Christians are eternal enemies- also there Orthodox (mostly Serbs of course), Catholics, and Protestant Christians on this forum who support Israel and Jewish self-determination more than many Jews in this world.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
No, I do know what they teach. I also know that most Christians aren't running around saying "Death to Jews!". You evidently don't know very much about religion if you think that Jews and Christians are eternal enemies- also there Orthodox (mostly Serbs of course), Catholics, and Protestant Christians on this forum who support Israel and Jewish self-determination more than many Jews in this world.

I never said these things. I said that there is a basic fundamental difference in theology between Christianity and Judaism. If you do not see the difference you should learn a little about Judaism and not accept that the teachings are the same. If this was the truth we would all be Christians today...

I know this forum, have been involved for almost seven years now, and I know the make-up of the members.

Today, being Tisha B'Av, you would have thought a Jew would know a little about the history...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
UJ,

Do you know why you want to be Jewish?

If you would like to learn a little Judaism, spend some time in the Torah section and we can provide you with links where you can learn what it means to be Jewish (aside from eating bagels and lox).

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:39 PM »
UJ,

Do you know why you want to be Jewish?

If you would like to learn a little Judaism, spend some time in the Torah section and we can provide you with links where you can learn what it means to be Jewish (aside from eating bagels and lox).
He might be Rosenberg or one of the anti JTF. Anyway. ..

Muman, that was Rome... Does everyone know there were two Churches? Rome shut down the other one... The other one was heretics too, but didn't believe that G-d was more than One. The Protestants started to figure it out, but they have a long way to go too..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
We should accept all support from gentiles who are truly concerned with the plight of the Jewish nation. We should never turn them away. But it is my belief that it is essential that all Jews know that our goal is a JEWISH state which will ultimately operate as a Torah state (along with all the commandments concerning this). Jews must be kept Jewish, inter-marriage and assimilation must be stopped, and we must teach Judaism and nothing else... This is my belief and I believe it is shared by most Jews here.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 10:12:47 PM »
A lot of Arab Christians I have met said JEsus was a Palestian Arab who wore a kuffiyah..  Funny enough kuffiyahs and the Arabic language both did not exist in the time of JEsus..  However, I have met a few good Palestinian Christians who have opened their eyes to both the insanity of their Muslim neighbors as well as the bigotry of the old Orthodox Christian faiths that were Anti-Israel and promoted Replacement Theology.  There are also more Arab evangelical Christians who are becoming more supportive of Israel based on the Evangelical churches they align themselves with.   However, there are plenty of Pro-Islamic/Anti-Israel  Arab churches.    I'd say they are still the majority, sadly. 

Surprisingly , there are a good number of Coptic Christians who support Israel now, after they were being massacred and attacked by their fellow Muslims in Egypt.  As well, there are many Pro-Israel Maronite Christians..  As a matter of fact, the Maronites helped wipe out Hizbullah in the FIrst Lebanon War, which of course they blamed the attack on Israel.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
We should accept all support from gentiles who are truly concerned with the plight of the Jewish nation. We should never turn them away. But it is my belief that it is essential that all Jews know that our goal is a JEWISH state which will ultimately operate as a Torah state (along with all the commandments concerning this). Jews must be kept Jewish, inter-marriage and assimilation must be stopped, and we must teach Judaism and nothing else... This is my belief and I believe it is shared by most Jews here.
What about intermarriage which results in Jewish offspring (like me)?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
I support no non Jews in the Jewish parliament. But I'm ok with peaceful non Jews living in the Jewish state with the rest of their rights: social, economic, and religious.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 10:45:57 PM »
Smelling a rat here.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
Non-Jews should not be national or political leaders over the Jewish people in the Jewish land.   Whether those non-Jews call themselves, Arabs, Syrians, Christians, Muzlims, Amish, Dutch, Hindus, Vegans, non-GMO, etc it really doesn't matter.   Moses says appoint from among your brothers to be leaders.   Foreigners are not to lead our people.  They can lead their own people elsewhere.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »
A lot of Arab Christians I have met said JEsus was a Palestian Arab who wore a kuffiyah..  Funny enough kuffiyahs and the Arabic language both did not exist in the time of JEsus..

At that time, Arabs were located in Arabia, not the Levant.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:30 AM »
What about intermarriage which results in Jewish offspring (like me)?

What about it?  It's obviously not permitted.  But luckily you are not only Jewish in composition, but you sound like you also want to be a loyal Jew, which is great.    Intermarriage is not any more permissible if the woman is Jewish.   And despite the kids being born to the Jewish woman, the danger of assimilation is extremely high which is why it's very problematic and not allowed.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »
What about it?  It's obviously not permitted.  But luckily you are not only Jewish in composition, but you sound like you also want to be a loyal Jew, which is great.    Intermarriage is not any more permissible if the woman is Jewish.   And despite the kids being born to the Jewish woman, the danger of assimilation is extremely high which is why it's very problematic and not allowed.
Thinking about it, maybe even all the different groups of Jews should keep to themselves in terms of marriage, I generally don't think race-mixing is a good idea even though I'm a product of it (unless one considers Jews as white, but still clearly not European). You can have Semitic Jews, White Jews (European converts), Black Jews (Falasha) etc. Maybe even half-Semitic half-Slavic Jews like me will form our own group. I wouldn't want to risk not having Jewish children marrying a European, but I wouldn't want to dilute the Semitic blood (connection to Israel) of most Jews, perhaps I'll just marry another mixed Jew. I wouldn't want Israel to end up like Guatemala or something because of race-mixing.