Author Topic: US actor Robin Williams found dead  (Read 11968 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: US actor Robin Williams found dead
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
There was also this where he wore an Arabic I love NY shirt:
I saw that picture last night.
I have been thinking the very same things.
He was talented.  Okay.
He was a lib and supporter of Obama.
Maybe he was depressed about the direction of the country and his contribution to it.
I hate when we turn people into role models or 'saints'.  He was just a man.

All I keep thinking is....fame and fortune don't equal happiness.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »
"The higher Williams's profile rose, the more politically vocal he became. Williams was a major Democratic contributor. His contributions over the years topped $150,000 to Democratic candidates and liberal causes. And in 1996 he headlined a star-studded Washington D.C. gala with President Bill Clinton and Vice President Al Gore.

At time his political humor could be biting. He played President Ronald Reagan in this unflattering late 1980s-era sketch.

And when Barack Obama was elected president in 2008, succeeding George W. Bush, Williams said in a comic routine:

It's the end of the reign of George the 2nd. The reign of error is over. America is officially out of rehab...He's a gift to comedy, though, he's a comedy pinata. I'm going to miss him."

http://politix.topix.com/story/13551-the-late-robin-williams-was-an-accomplished-political-comedian

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams

On Israel's 60th Independence Day, Robin Williams appeared in Times Square along with a string of other celebrities to wish Israel a "happy birthday".[91][92] He described himself as an "honourary Jew".[93][94][95]

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Williams

On Israel's 60th Independence Day, Robin Williams appeared in Times Square along with a string of other celebrities to wish Israel a "happy birthday".[91][92] He described himself as an "honourary Jew".[93][94][95]

You might not realize this but American Jews tend to be extremely left wing. Chaim talks about this frequently. If you don't believe me, ask him about it. Robin Williams certainly was not comparing himself to Jews like Chaim but more along the lines of the Jews in Hollywood.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
For comparison let's show one of the most anti-Semitic people we know of saying they are condemning anti-Semitism: "http://politix.topix.com/story/13544-hillary-clinton-says-criticism-of-israel-is-due-to-anti-semitism". There's a lot of code words that go on in American politics.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
Shazbot Mork is dead

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 10:23:57 AM »
yet another dead temporary celebrity.
don't care.
my guppy is more important.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
who the hell is that?
oh some worthless temporary celebrity.
don't care.
next.

Nobody on facebook is posting about anything else and I can't post what I want to post there because all his idol worshippers will throw fits. So I'm posting it on JTF instead.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »
Thank you for the reality check, Rubystars.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:38 AM »
Thank you for the reality check, Rubystars.

You're welcome :)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
I walked by someone who was on the verge of tears talking about it. Who cares?! There are people who live in poverty who don't kill themselves every day and he had millions to live a comfortable life with. People are behaving as if this is a national tragedy when suicides happen every day.

Money has nothing to do with it.  It is clinical depression, and his death is a reminder there so many people out there tragically struggling with that.   THAT is what is sad about it if you didn't personally know this man IMO.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »
Depression isn't necessarily related to outside circumstances. You can be rich and have every material thing in the world you would want, have friends and family that love you, and have every logical reason to be happy, but that doesn't mean you will be. To assume that material good automatically brings happiness is to deeply misunderstand depression. I also don't believe that a weak person commits suicide. It's someone who withstood the pain until they reached their breaking point and just couldn't take any more.

I'm not happy that he died. I find it quite sad actually. What bothers me though is that people seem to have put this man up on a pedestal when he contributed a lot of money to left wing causes.

He was part of the pro-abortion Christopher Reeve foundation.

This article also casually mentions at the bottom that he was a committed liberal and "progressive":
http://nikkifinke.com/robin-williams-dies-63/

Correct.  It's so sickening when a elebrity dies and people all lose their marbles over it.  It's just a person.  How long until the conspiracy theories that illuminati killed him?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »
I don't judge him favorably as a person.  But I liked many of the characters he played in his movies.  So his unique for of entertainment will be missed.  What a waste.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
Correct.  It's so sickening when a elebrity dies and people all lose their marbles over it.  It's just a person.  How long until the conspiracy theories that illuminati killed him?

While some "suicides" may not have been suicides at all (Bill Clinton for example might have arranged some deaths to help him politically), I don't think there's any reason to believe that this was anything but a suicide. Nobody would really benefit in any way from Robin William's death and he did have a long history of mental health issues.

You're right though. Someone is going to come up with a conspiracy theory about it. I wish they would stop because as Chaim has mentioned, there are real conspiracies and when people come up with crackpot ones, they make it harder to expose the real ones.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »
I don't judge him favorably as a person.  But I liked many of the characters he played in his movies.  So his unique for of entertainment will be missed.  What a waste.

I liked some of his roles too but that doesn't mean he didn't do evil things.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »
I don't agree with all of Robin Williams personal choices, but I agree that depression can turn someone's life upside down . I've lived with family members going through that, my dad was bipolar and suffered from depression for most of his life and eventually ended up taking his life, its not always a sign of weakness or a choice. When someone's clinically depressed or has a chemical imbalance there are psychotic stages they can experience or mass feelings of hopelessness  , that makes their mindset completely different and most people don't realize that mental illness and depression are as much of an issue as a physically failing organ.

I don't think anyone here is saying oh man Robin Williams died and now he's being put ahead of everyone else or on a pedastal. I am sure like any actor that he probably had donated to liberal causes, he was also born in Chicago which culturally and politically had always been democrat, it was split in the city and suburbs from liberal Democrats to fiscal blue dog or conservative style democrats. The democrat party in Chicago is treated similar to being a catholic, you are always a democrat even if you don't agree with the politicians. This is how my family was including my dad even though my father hated Clinton with a passion, he wasn't a bush supporter either but he was moderate to the right in some cases and most of that comes from upbringing.

I'm not saying its right but explaining how it is there.

I think what people are upset about is that Robin Williams committed suicide due to depression and that it's something that could be prevented in millions of people who are suffering from this, to give people hope .

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
Someone rolled a 5 or an 8?

R.i.p Robin -_-

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
he was a very talented actor and could have done much more. He will be sadly missed. The Awakening is one of my favorite films of all time. RIP.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »
I do not find much about the link between him and abortion? I just searched for some information about abortion and the Christopher Reeve foundation but not much info about that...

Basically they advocated for using embryonic stem cells which involves embryos that are developed beyond the conceptus stage.

Robin Williams as an individual was very left wing in general though and supported the left wing agenda which includes abortion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
I think it is wrong to curse a talented man even with his failings. No human being is perfect. Each and every one of us will be called before the Heavenly Tribunal and ALL of our transgressions will be revealed in a very humbling testimony by the prosecuting attorney. Every sin which we make will be accounted for, each small sin and each big sin are considered and weighed and we will receive a very unpleasant stay in gehinnom. I truly believe every human being alive today will spend some time in the hot and unpleasant place (at least I know I will be there for a while)... But Gehinnom (for most) is just a temporary rectification of our sins and after our stay we enter the Olam Haba (World to Come) just like everyone else. Even the person who appears the most righteous to us in our generation is guilty of sin.

"There is no man so righteous on earth that he does good and never sins" (Ecclesiastes 7:20).

When I look back at my 'wild' years when I was in my 20s-30s and I wonder why I was so blessed to get out of the dirt and muck I thank Hashem. I do not long for those days and feel sorry for having hurt my mother (who expected more from me) but I do not fully regret going through those travails because it brought me to where I am today.

So actors in Hollywood are tempted with a very different mindset from us. Comedians and actors are paid to test the limits of society and some comedians actually think that by stretching these boundaries they are creating new avenues of humor. Art and music are both fields which creative people enjoy and sometimes they end up slaves to their 'evil inclination' because they feel so much power from their own labor... I am not in a position to forgive them... But I only hold those who are active participants in the war against Hashem and his Jewish people to be worthy of my curses.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
He supported Obama that is working to destroy The Jewish People.
Whatever good he done throughout his life is worthless!
He is a sick self hating Jew & we should be celebrating his journey to hell where he belongs.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
He supported Obama that is working to destroy The Jewish People.
Whatever good he done throughout his life is worthless!
He is a sick self hating Jew & we should be celebrating his journey to hell where he belongs.

Robin Williams was NOT Jewish...

And Robin Williams did support Israel...

On Israel's 60th Independence Day in 2008, Williams appeared in Times Square along with a number of other celebrities to wish Israel a "happy birthday".[87][88] He described himself as an "honorary Jew".[89][90][91]

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

On Israel's 60th Independence Day in 2008, Williams appeared in Times Square along with a number of other celebrities to wish Israel a "happy birthday".[87][88] He described himself as an "honorary Jew".[89][90][91]
Well he had me fooled, I only take back the part I said he was a self hating Jew.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »

He supported Obama, Robin Williams SUPPORTED OBAMA!
Hello? Are you awake?
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
He supported Obama, Robin Williams SUPPORTED OBAMA!
Hello? Are you awake?

So that justifies it? Your level for cursing people is very very low... And in my opinion it runs counter to a great deal of wisdom.

Should I curse my mother for having voted for Carter? I really don't think so.