Author Topic: Rudy no to philistine state  (Read 6840 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Rudy no to philistine state
« on: August 14, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3437759,00.html 

US candidate Giuliani warns on PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state

Republican 2008 White House front-runner says it is not in the interest of the US to help create PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state that would ‘support terrorism’; ‘PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis’ problem not lack of statehood but good governance,’ he says

AFP Published:  08.14.07, 22:59 / Israel News 

Republican 2008 White House front-runner Rudolph Giuliani warned Tuesday it was not in the interest of the United States to help create a PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state that would "support terrorism."

In an article in the journal Foreign Affairs, the former New York mayor also said too much emphasis had been placed on Israeli-PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi peace talks which he said just brought up the same issues "again and again."

Different Attitude Toward Saudis 

Giuliani 'tough on Saudis' / Yaakov Lappin

Republican presidential candidate's advisor: Rudy has different attitude than Bush
Full Story

Giuliani renamed the US "war on terror" as "the Terrorists' War on US" in his hawkish article in the September/October issue of the magazine, and predicted a long battle against "radical Islamic fascism."

In the latest of a series of essays in Foreign Affairs by presidential candidates, Giuliani also predicted US troops would still be in Iraq and Afghanistan when the next president takes office in January, 2009.

He argued that the problem for PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis since the Islamist movement Hamas won parliamentary elections last year, was not a "lack of statehood" but good governance.

"Too much emphasis has been placed on brokering negotiations between the Israelis and the PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis -- negotiations that bring up the same issues again and again," he wrote.

"It is not in the interests of the United States, at a time when it is being threatened by Islamist terrorists, to assist the creation of another state that will support terrorism," Giuliani wrote.

"PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi statehood will have to be earned through sustained good governance, a clear commitment to fighting terrorism, and a willingness to live in peace with Israel."

'A complicated challenge'

Giuliani also had disdain for the United Nations, which he said had proven "irrelevant to the resolution of almost every major dispute of the last 50 years."

And he called on NATO to admit any state that meets standards of good governance and military readiness, wherever it is in the world.

Giuliani, basing his campaign on his leadership in the wake of the September 11 attacks in 2001, also called for a robust response to terrorism.

"The Terrorists' War on US was encouraged by unrealistic and inconsistent actions taken in response to terrorist attacks in the past. A realistic peace can only be achieved through strength," Giuliani said, in a thinly veiled attack on former president Bill Clinton's administration.

On Iraq and Afghanistan, Giuliani said US forces would need to remain for "some time" to deter external threats even when "violence decreases and security improves."

Failure in Iraq would create an even bigger terror haven than Afghanistan became before the September 11 strikes, he said.

Giuliani also called for more efforts to lessen the possibility of a chemical, biological or nuclear attack on US soil, calling for "constellations" of satellites spying on arms factories around the globe.

Advertisement   

In the September edition of Foreign Affairs democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards said, “We must stand by our ally and partner Israel, ensuring its security while doing everything in our power to bring peace and stability to the region.”

Turning his attention to Iran, Edwards said the Islamic Republic presented “a complicated challenge for the United States.

“President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a dangerous radical and a strong supporter of Hizbullah and Hamas. He has said repeatedly that Israel should be ‘wiped off the map’ and last December sponsored a conference for Holocaust deniers in Tehran. Iran cannot be allowed to possess nuclear weapons,” he said.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:30:14 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Rudy no to philistine state
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
Note: he said no to a philistine state that sponsers terror.. But we know them.  They can simply say or sign something (like on the failed Oslo Accords) that they are against terrorism and then raise their kids to watch suicidal micky mouse and billy bee.

Sorry Rudy, you don't go far enough...There is no Palstine there never was there never will be..It is all a lie...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »
Maybe Guilliani is changing his outlook on this? This is still suprising to hear him say this.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »
Maybe Guilliani is changing his outlook on this? This is still suprising to hear him say this.

3rd or 4th best choice: tancredo/hunter, huckabee/guiliani
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 01:34:31 AM »
Rudy is right on pretty much all the issues.  When he said that a Palestinian state must fight against terrorism, I think he means in a legitimate way, not some peace accord where their intention is stated in writing.  I'm pretty sure he means a Palestinian state that would not support terrorism in reality, Rudy is smarter than that.  I believe that Rudy is if not THE best, one of the best candidates when it comes to Israel and terrorism.  He has a nuanced and thorough understanding of the Israeli/arab conflict and he understands terrorism and how to fight it.  Although his conservative credentials may seem to be underpar to hardcore conservatives when it comes to domestic issues, he hits the nail right on the head when it comes to foreign policy.  I really appreciate his comment on the UN, he is absolutely right.  I haven't heard any of the other Republican candidates comment on the failure of the UN the way he has.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:42:27 AM »
Rudy is right on pretty much all the issues.  When he said that a PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state must fight against terrorism, I think he means in a legitimate way, not some peace accord where their intention is stated in writing.  I'm pretty sure he means a PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazi state that would not support terrorism in reality, Rudy is smarter than that.  I believe that Rudy is if not THE best, one of the best candidates when it comes to Israel and terrorism.  He has a nuanced and thorough understanding of the Israeli/arab conflict and he understands terrorism and how to fight it.  Although his conservative credentials may seem to be underpar to hardcore conservatives when it comes to domestic issues, he hits the nail right on the head when it comes to foreign policy.  I really appreciate his comment on the UN, he is absolutely right.  I haven't heard any of the other Republican candidates comment on the failure of the UN the way he has.

People may not realize it but there's a federal law prohibiting mayors from having sanctuary cities.  Giuliani violated this.  I don't think Giuliani will be able to justify this during the primaries so I don't expect him to get the nomination. 

So to say "Rudy is right on pretty much all the issues", I have to disagree.  Giuliani was once a US attorney, but while mayor, he failed to enforce the law properly. 

Giuliani is now trying to change his position on immigration a little but people won't trust him. 

Many conservative voters are obsessed with abortion and they don't realize that there's little a president could do about it.  There's no guarantee that the Supreme Court will re-evaluate  Roe V. Wade every time a new judge gets appointed.  It's unknown when a judge will next retire so it's unknown when a new Supreme Court justice will need to be appointed. 

I think Rudy is better on foreign policy than Romney and Fred Thompson.  However, I like Hunter and Tancredo better.  However, I think Tancredo should eventually drop out and encourage his supporters to support Hunter. 

newman

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 06:29:19 AM »
Abortion is an important issue but I think people have become too obsessed by it. To risk America or Israel over abortion is rediculous.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 06:37:22 AM »
Abortion is an important issue but I think people have become too obsessed by it. To risk America or Israel over abortion is rediculous.

I would guess that it's mostly liberals who have abortions anyway. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »
Not surprisingly, Giuliani, one of the "front-runners", has a paper that's published by the Council on Foreign Relations:

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20070901faessay86501/rudolph-giuliani/toward-a-realistic-peace.html

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »

I agree with you Danny!
Mike Huckabee did surprisingly well in Iowa, he came in 2nd place. He said that he got 1,000 more supporters because of it and he is the Big Winner so far!

newman

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
What Rudy says now is one thing. What he'll actually do when confronted by the CFR, State Dept, a Democrat Congress and the UN is another.

kellymaureen

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »
Rudy has stood up to the koranimals before, but its true it will be him against not just them if he is elected but the dhimmis in the congress and govt and the islamist infested un.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »
Rudy seems like a right winger to everybody because he was a LITTLE "tough" on crime in NYC.. but the guy is a leftist. He will suck up to Muslims, he could barely handle the melangians in NYC.

newman

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »
It's fine to be tough on crime. But to be tough on crime on one hand and give ascent to abortion, gay rights and illegal immigrants on the other indicates that he is NOT morally sound. I question the resolve of such a man in the face of a moral dillema.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »
Rudy seems like a right winger to everybody because he was a LITTLE "tough" on crime in NYC.. but the guy is a leftist. He will suck up to Muslims, he could barely handle the melangians in NYC.
He was very easy on them when he was mayor. He took out his aggressions on the Folks down in the Fulton Fish Market. He didn't rest until he completely disrupted every one of the business that was there for years.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 06:09:54 AM »

I agree with you Danny!
Mike Huckabee did surprisingly well in Iowa, he came in 2nd place. He said that he got 1,000 more supporters because of it and he is the Big Winner so far!

I disagree with both of you.  Look at Huckabee's pandering to a La Raza group:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1881793/posts

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
In my opinion, he's going to be the same as Bush.  He and his elitist cohorts will pander to every lobby group to get elected and once in office, as with Carter, the faces will be the same and the policy will remain drifting towards the Left.  imo
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 08:05:43 PM »
What Rudy says now is one thing. What he'll actually do when confronted by the CFR, State Dept, a Democrat Congress and the UN is another.

VERY WELL TEXTED NEWMAN !
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 08:09:54 PM »

VERY WELL TEXTED NEWMAN !
What is that one of them thousand dollars Pentagon purchased hammers?  newman is quite correct however.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 08:14:16 PM »
No the nail cost a million, the hammer was only 10 grand ;) lol
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »
I love Rudy! Good for him, it's about time a politician actually spoke up!

newman

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 10:27:20 PM »
He opposes the 2nd Amendment, so he's un-American.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »
He's a liberal leftist pure and simple.  From what I have read, there is little difference between him an the vast majority of democrats.  I feel he's living off the propaganda machine that painted him as a hero after 911.  Tancredo would make a good Pres. imo
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »
Quote from: mosquewatch link=topic=7824.msg71797#msg71797 date=
No the nail cost a million, the hammer was only 10 grand ;) lol
Hah, you're both wrong.  The hammer only costs $1000 and the nail only costs $100.  The contractor doing the hammering is being paid one million.

Rudy was on the Republican, Democrat and Liberal ticket when he ran for mayor.  Make of that what you will.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:03 PM »

This is coming from a lifelong democrat, from all the candidates I've seen so far, I like Huckabee the most. He is the only one who has addressed the issue of energy independence and ending our addiction to foreign oil. I'm not impressed with any of the democratic candidates at all. In last weeks debates, none of them gave any direct answers to the questions that George Snuffalufagis asked them. I was happy to hear that Chaim is considering endorsing Huckabee. If he does become the nominee, I may very well vote for him and it would be the first time I'd vote republican. In the meantime, I have no idea who I'm going to vote for in the democratic primary. I might just end up writing in Homer or Lisa Simpson. At least they can answer a direct question better than any of the candidates.