Author Topic: The Emerging Health Threat of Sugar  (Read 11438 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Emerging Health Threat of Sugar
« on: October 25, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
Shalom & Shavuah Tov...

Last week I mentioned something in another thread concerning how the Sugar industry has been using its 'muscle' to influence and alter the government and scientific response to the health threat caused by sugar. Most people may scoff and thing that sugar is harmless, and I too have felt this way for most of my life. Let me say up-front that I do not condone the taxation or banning of sugary drinks in order to control peoples buying habits... But I think that the truth should be known to people about the real health risks of this sweet product.

Fist let me confess to my own sins. I am a sugar addict. I recognize this fact because of my virtually unbreakable addiction to drinking Coca-Cola. At the risk of defaming myself I will expose the fact that I drink over a 12-pack of Coca-Cola a day (A 24pack in 2 days). It is my worst addiction (including the times 20 years ago when I struggled with cocaine) and one I have promised each year to conquer, and yet my resolutions are always violated within days of making them.

I have blamed my mother for this, though I realize I am just looking to assign blame. In her house we freely drank soda and my mother kept soda hidden in case we ran out. When I spoke with her recently she is telling me that she too is struggling to give up the sweet stuff as her doctors are telling her that she needs to be concerned with her health.

I have learned that some of my physical issues may be caused by sugar... And even so I find it difficult to give up the sugar habit. I realize that JTF members are mostly pro-healthy diet, I must admit I don't eat especially bad foods, but I do drink a lot of soda and like sweet deserts and snacks.

I have found some videos which explain the dangers of sugar...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The Emerging Health Threat of Sugar
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »
I have been concerned about the possibility I may have the parasite Candida and I have not had a chance to talk with my doctor about it.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 12:41:42 AM »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
Is there a "sugar industry?"

Companies which make food add sugar to the produts because that makes it taste better and taste sweeter, and that is what people like.   I don't believe there is any vast conspiracy by sugar producers to kill people.  Think about it.  If they kill their customers there is no one left to buy sugar.   There is market demand for sweet products because people like the way it tastes.

Muman it is terrible for your health that you drink so many cokes per day.  It's just an insane amount.   I do not drink soda.   Only water and occassionally seltzer.   I say this to you because when I was a kid I was drinking probably 2 cans of soda per day and loved it..  YOU CAN QUIT.   Only water is a true thirst quencher.  soda makes you thirst more after you drink it.
If you have tried and failed to stop cold turkey, then do something much simpler.   Keep a log of your daily soda intake for a week.   If it's on average 12 per day, then cut it to 10 for a week and see what happens.  Then move on to 7 per day.   And so on.  Also carry a water bottle around and try to drink some when you feel thirsty and then see what happens to the urge.

I think if you are drinking 12 per day and cannot stop, it is a serious addiction and may require a 12 step program, like any addiction does.  It is the only proven way to overcome an addiction.

Btw almost all food we eat, no matter its nutrient content, gets converted to sugar by the body to use as the main energy source for cells.   So it is not merely a "sugar problem" but a calorie problem too.  The more calories. You eat, the more sugar your body will make out of it.    But having a sugary spike drink like soda is a bigger problem since it's direct and also provides no value whatsoever.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 05:15:04 PM »
Sugar bad, weed good; yes, we get it.  :laugh:

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »
.....so don't suck in all that sugar.
what's the problem?
I rarely drink soda like coke.
I drink water. I have no desire for sugar.
and yes, the evil corporations are out to kill us all. they're not interested in money at all. they just want us all dead. these evil corporations are so corporationie. they are such corporationie corporations. damn corporations they're such corporationist corporations.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:37:22 AM »
.....so don't suck in all that sugar.
what's the problem?
I rarely drink soda like coke.
I drink water. I have no desire for sugar.
and yes, the evil corporations are out to kill us all. they're not interested in money at all. they just want us all dead. these evil corporations are so corporationie. they are such corporationie corporations. damn corporations they're such corporationist corporations.

I think you miss the point and did not watch the videos I posted. Nobody is suggesting that they want to kill us. What is being suggested is the truth, and the facts back it up, that the companies are selling products which they know are unhealthy and they know people will buy them because they have become addicted to them.

These products do not kill people immediately but they contribute to an unhealthy society. Currently I am not exposed to much marketing of these products as I don't watch TV or cable anymore (gave it up 10 years ago). But the bad habits of my youth have had a detrimental effect on my health, as it has a good number of American citizens, because various scientific findings were buried by the sugar industry.

So I don't think it is something to be so flippant with. In the 60s-80s the TV advertising was pushing sugary products like they did cigarettes.

Corporations should have moral values and not attempt to mislead the people concerning the potential dangers of the products. Similarly in drug advertisements when the announcer reads the potential side effects very quickly so that nobody can understand what he is saying.

At least in this video they slowly explained the side effects, and it is not an example of what I was trying to say in the above paragraph.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:22 AM »
no I'm not going to watch 15 X 45 minute videos.

people who stuff themselves with sugar will get diabetes. they know that. they can barely walk. they know they're in trouble. but they still go to diners.

sugar will kill you. smoking will kill you. But marijuana is good for you.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 01:58:55 AM »

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:41 AM »
no I'm not going to watch 15 X 45 minute videos.

people who stuff themselves with sugar will get diabetes. they know that. they can barely walk. they know they're in trouble. but they still go to diners.

sugar will kill you. smoking will kill you. But marijuana is good for you.

Well I would not put it that way... Smoking will kill you, Alcohol will ultimately kill you, Sugar will kill you, but MJ has medicinal properties which may be advantageous.  So on a level of danger I would agree that the first two are more dangerous than the third.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 02:11:50 AM »
Well I would not put it that way... Smoking will kill you, Alcohol will ultimately kill you, Sugar will kill you, but MJ has medicinal properties which may be advantageous.  So on a level of danger I would agree that the first two are more dangerous than the third.

glad we agree. keep smoking that marijuana. Its good for you.
A dozen marijuana a day will keep the doctor away.
Throw away that apple and pick up a joint.

I never smoked. I don't drink...much. I don't take in much sugar (as fat people). And I've never bother with your magic marijuana.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 02:24:02 AM »
glad we agree. keep smoking that marijuana. Its good for you.
A dozen marijuana a day will keep the doctor away.
Throw away that apple and pick up a joint.

I never smoked. I don't drink...much. I don't take in much sugar (as fat people). And I've never bother with your magic marijuana.

And your purpose of continuing to discuss marijuana in relation to sugar?

As I stated, in my experience the dangers are ranked according to what is most dangerous. It seems to me, in my life, that sugar is playing a bad role in my health. When I used to be able to exercise more (I used to take long hikes, ride bikes, and roller-skate in my 20s-30s) I kept thin. But when my vascular issues started I was unable to walk as much, and thus my weight increased.

My point is to say that there are dangerous things on the market today and often the industries lobbies cause questionable ethics to take place. I don't know why anyone would want to defend these kinds of practices.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 02:34:48 AM »
LOL been having a nonsense overload here.

1. Sugar is good, very beneficial and has many important nutrients.

2. White "sugar" is not sugar, it had some sugar in it, and it is a carcinogenic substance with no nutrients of any kind that are not deformed beyond all usefulness. It is cooked to the point of uselessness, some things are extracted, and then bleached, or it would be black crap.

3. Candida is a fungus which your body will form tumors around to protect if it gets out of hand, i.e. cancer. Maple syrup with baking soda injected in the affected area handles it, or that stuff girls use for yeast infection.

4. There is a "sugar" industry, which sells this bleached ex-sugar. They are part of all the other corporations that hate competition, and have turned your country into infants helplessly suckling at their tit. There would be billions of dollars of lost productivity in a year in the USA if people didn't have their "sugar" fix. They are in bed with the tobacco industry, and 14-30% (30% for cigars) of all cigarettes are white "sugar", which causes cancer, and even faster when smoked.

5. Your body converts food into sugar for use and fat for storage. It does not convert it to the poison Americans are convinced is sugar, just as your sweat does not contain the poison Americans believe is salt.

6. Too much sugar will make you fat. If you are addicted to sugar (referring to "organic" (a.k.a. actual) non-processed sugar), try switching to Stevia. If you are addicted to toxic waste crumbs, it's a major addiction like smoking, and for all the bad things about it, the one that overshadows all the irrelevant things like havoc on your mind and body is decreased sexual libido, strength and development (and old guys, you still have sexual development going on every second.

7. Stinks, this has nothing to do with weed, but maybe a few hits might dislodge the vaulting pole up your rear.

8. If those few big toxic waste and brainwashing corporations told people what their products do, no one would buy them, and of course they also want money, ack. It's no secret that many up top want people dead, and they're not hiding their disdain for the increasing population due to the increased competition it causes, nor their population control solutions to the problem. From the UN agenda to books to T.V., they openly say we need to cut down on people. However, this is not an "they're everything everywhere" conspiracy, it's very small groups of very sick individuals that have laughable plans that succeed, since they've trained their victims to support and protect them.

9. No amount of toxic waste is good, tolerable, acceptable, or any positive word. If it has white "sugar", don't eat it. You're literally trading a tongue tickle for your brawn and balls. A little trade every now and then is more retarded, because at least the "sugar" abuser knows he has a problem. It may be hard to avoid white "sugar" if you like buying overpriced poison from shops. Do not buy overpriced poison from shops, and you'll be OK.

I believe writing in numbered point form from here on out will prevent the misunderstandings that the distinguished ranchers around are guaranteed to immediately act on.

Muman, have you ever tried (idk the word in English) eau de grenadine?

Find a quality one, mix it in water, it tastes sweet so you'll get your craving fixed, and will kill you less. There are other flavored drinks that are great and have no calories. The first step in getting rid of the addiction is to convince yourself that you are not drinking a drink, you are slurping toxic sludge that really tastes gross, and chemicals are covering it. It helps if you actually find a drink from the plant that coke is made from (I have it written down, it's a Brazilian plant) and you will see it tastes kind of the same but way better, and less like toxic chemical crap.

The next step is to ween. When you are on your last can of the day, dump half of it down the drain. The feeling of loss you experience doing that now and in the future will mask the headache and feeling of need in your body (lasts 1-2 weeks strong if you cold-turkey, if you can go without hankey-pankey for that long, this is a cake walk compared). Do that every night for a week. (this is not a cold-turkey plan, but that ultimately needs to be your purpose and intention in doing this, or you will 99% sure relapse, and will abuse the toxic substance even more. Every step-plan ends with cold-turkey anyways, so as you drink your cokes every day, remember that you're doing it as part of your plan to stop drinking them constantly (you will be able to have 1 every now and then like everyone 2-4 weeks after you have quit completely), and to make sure you don't forget, refer to the next step.)

The third step is repurposing. If you have not already replaced your pepsi with a non-toxic alternative, you are in a precarious position in a critical stage. As addictions must be replaced, buy the same amount of cokes, and dump one out at night, which will be a character-building reminder that you are trying to quit, and the little time after you regret wasting the money you spent on it is the most critical moment for you to say "I want to drink this many times a day forever" or "I want to quit". You will be furious and frustrated at this step, which are both necessary to ensure you fight for an alternative instead of taking the path you came on back. Gradually reduce your coke consumption by 1 per week, while ensuring you are EXTREMELY serious about doing this, and sticking to the letter like the chief Rabbi's cantor. If you change your plan in any way, or don't see having one coke to reward or satisfy yourself as a problem, it is 99% likely that you will relapse, and almost as likely that you will increase your consumption.

The final step is the cold turkey. Congratulations, you are now drinking one coke per day (at the time when you have the most physical habit associated with it), and have replaced your chemical spill consumption with a tasty and food-based alternative. Pat yourself on the back, but don't be gentle. You now need to go two weeks without drinking a coke, but if you tell yourself you will drink a coke in two weeks, you are almost guaranteed to relapse, and consume even more coke. The risk in escaping from jail is the guards aren't friendly, but the dangers of staying are worth the risk. By now, if you've tried things like boiling mint leaves in water, and refrigerating it with some sugar, or some water flavoring (not toxic or undigested, indigestible "vitamin" flavoring, or aspartame leaving plenty of good options) you will have the hate for toxic spill in a can and the love for something else that will give you the strength to say "I never want to drink that poison again". Follow through. Do not talk to people about it, because they will be incapable of understanding how hard it is for you, and responses like "good", "so what?", or anything like that will convince you that you are having a hard time because you are weak, which will make you weak, and will make fighting the addiction hard, commonly leading to relapse.

Prologue: Do not tell people until the 2 week mark hits that you quit, or one of a million bad things would happen, either in the way you act, or what people will say to you. After two weeks, you will forget how hard it was for you, and will be able to communicate about it with other people and get responses that won't make you [some detrimental emotion]. If you decide to buy a six pack of coke to drink by yourself, you will probably relapse, and therefore, only ever have one coke, which is what most people do.

Now back to the beginning. Is Mr. Torah scholar techie genius slave to a little can? That's really what beats you? Don't you want to be able to enjoy luxuries, instead of being forced to use them like a slave? Surely, you're hiding your strength and will-power to overcome this because you see it as a crutch, a replacement for other desires, when in fact it is a guillotine, which is taking your other leg bit by bit. The sugar will make you hyper, and heighten your desire for other things, so though the Rabbis say food is good for replacing lack, that counteracts. At least get addicted to brussel sprouts, smoked salmon or asparagus for that. You will have an extreme lack, will be full of energy, and further blessed with less fast-acting calorie intake. That is workout gold. Use that energy instead of fighting the pain to work-out, and a lot, using the same but opposite principle of "start with the least you can do, do it like clockwork every single day (shabbat is the only acceptable excuse, and you should not cheat yourself on Sunday) and increase/decrease it by the least you can increase/" it by every week, and you'll be thankful for the increase/decrease at the beginning of every week, and want more at the end. Do not stop 2 cans of coke on thursday. As much as it is a disciple to work-out every day, it is a discipline to not do too much. If you do more than you planned, you will most likely be proud of yourself, feel there is no risk of relapsing, do less work towards your goal, and relapse. Do not decrease your coke consumption by more than you planned at the beginning of the week, and do not increase your exercise by more than you planned at the beginning of the week. Follow these steps and the procedure will be physically painless (though mentally taxing), and you will be healthy and sexy, and will be able to find some nice Jewish tail (G-d willing) that will make quitting coke one of the best things you have ever done for yourself.

Any kinks in the workout schedule or painless addiction suppression master-plans, you just let me know. This is down to a science now, but I'm writing all this from memory at 2:30. Gonna so miss planning out stuff, G-d help me.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 02:42:26 AM »
LKZ,

Thanks.... I have tried slowly decreasing the amount I drink. I did this for three weeks when a 12 pack lasted an entire week... I don't remember what happened but somehow I lost discipline and slipped back to drinking again.

I know I must try again. The brain is recognizing the danger but the animal soul is still holding the upper hand.

I will re-read what you wrote as there is a lot of information in there. I believe you are correct about 'processed sugars'...

But this video is what 60 minutes revealed:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 04:35:21 AM »
LKZ,

Thanks.... I have tried slowly decreasing the amount I drink. I did this for three weeks when a 12 pack lasted an entire week... I don't remember what happened but somehow I lost discipline and slipped back to drinking again.

I know I must try again. The brain is recognizing the danger but the animal soul is still holding the upper hand.

I will re-read what you wrote as there is a lot of information in there. I believe you are correct about 'processed sugars'...

But this video is what 60 minutes revealed:

The escape from prison parable I gave explains it. To further it, when you're halfway out of jail and you figure you did so well now that you can walk, you're going to get caught and put back. By the fact that you're telling me that story with an undertone that this was a tough-to-do accomplishment (though I am empathetic and understand that it was hard) when I or others could not possibly have an appreciation for how tough that is, (and since most people don't do it, they won't see what's special about you doing less) indicates that the fox got you on a pride trip, and you can test and see if you currently feel offended that I am not gratifying your need to be recognized for this accomplishment, or denigrating all your hard work, which of course is a negative emotion that is the opposite of pride, and to explain that point further (intro in my painless addiction suppression master plan) both those are used to sink you, the pride weakens your resolve, because you figure big coke withholding you doesn't need to work so hard to beat whatever he wants to beat, and then turns you to his side when people don't rejoice and praise you for your work (which would only feed the pride trip, as much as you want it- you don't) and it starts with "well it doesn't even matter to them" (pride has no option to inflate here, and has begun to convince you to give up a struggle which does not grow it), continues with "no one will notice if I do it" (pride is telling you that only you really care about it (it pretends it's you), to be expected since it doesn't exist and you created it, and this is serving to cut off other people who you convinced yourself you could rely on for support, and feel isolated and helpless). Now that you have your resolve weakened and feel all alone, who oh who will pride offer as comfort? Now you drink the cokes, pride intact, which it will have convinced you doesn't matter to you/others, or is a mitzvah now (either in itself or as a replacement for every worse thing you would use as an excuse to need something to do instead), and though the set package size for many people keeps addictions from things like this from increasing all the time, it is possible that you increased your dosage.

Another pride indication is talking about animal and divine souls in that context. I'm going to loose it if you say I'm comparing you to Xtians, but that's how they behaved when I was with them, I've watched a guy tell a girl who had the kindness to let him stay a night that he stared at her at night and the "devil" was convincing him to do something bad, but big him withstood big devil, and other examples of them blaming the "devil" for their misdeeds abound. This is a "religiously" justified pride trip, where whether you do good or bad, you're perfect, but if you do good, why you're the biggest hero for beating the devil. Similar situation here; it's your brain, your toy, you use it and put in it what you please and how you please it. Many Rabbis have offered many opinions to what souls people have, but right now is not Chassidus class, and disassociating yourself from your decisions and blame-gaming won't help you, your pride is just saying "there's nothing wrong with me doing what I want because there's nothing wrong with me", and "there's with me, and I only do what I do because of things that aren't me that are in me".

Worse than the pride that will crush you is the statement "I know I must try again". Translated from pride language, this means, "1. I don't want to try again, 2. I'm not planning on it, 3. I don't know if I can do it, 4. I already tried last time so that's a big accomplishment and I don't actually need to set out to do it to feel accomplished, 5. everyone keeps telling me that I have to do it, so stop repeating it, 6. I know and I'll get to it if and when I'm good and ready, 7. this is something I have to do for my health/others, not something I want to do, 8. I see the logical benefit of quitting, but I want to do what feels good instead of what I know is good for now, but I know that doing it won't last, so when I have no choice I'll do it, 9. If I quit, I won't get the recognition I'll get while quitting (which you still won't, or at least learn why to hope you won't) if I quit, at most little congratulatory remarks instead of people putting themselves in my shoes and making me feel important, so I can give this a shot, and what I want is not to quit, but to grow as an ego, 10. When I try I assume I'll fail same as last time because it's hard.

To summarize all that analysis, the first thing in the master plan, your desire to quit, isn't there, or it lives only in your mind and you can't convince your heart, and therefore you have no chance of succeeding whatsoever. First you have to want to quit now because it's going to be good for you and your life. If you don't have that, the cans you take while cutting down won't just be the thing that makes your craving go away, you're going to sit there and call it a healthy drink and enjoy it and say "you like it", which gives you almost no chance of winning your heart over to your side (stronger emotional reasons for quitting, same as you have stronger logical reasons for quitting than continuing), and are likely to relapse and increase your dosage, now that you're doing something you like as a way to wash away the suffering of trying to stop it, the deadliest combination against my master-plan.

This is not a silly game. Whenever you drink a pepsi (and don't be like "oh it's bad it's bad" like ladies with cigarettes and fat food in their mouths, because that's a one-way ticket to melanoma island), as much as your tongue will enjoy the taste of the liquid, and it will fill you for ~30 seconds, and it feels good to consume foodish things, you must tell yourself that the thing you're enjoying, you're only enjoying it as part of a strict schedule to quit having to drink cokes all the time, and you are aware that the thing you're consuming is toxic waste.

What goes on in your head is not irrelevant. If you do not decide what happens up there, Mr. Pride the foxy puff of hot air will do that for you.

Of course I'm correct about processed "sugars". I prefer saying "superheated into black chemical sludge and then extracts get bleached", but I guess Americans are all about their marketing presentations, so we can use the more pretty word if you like.

I eat raw organic non-processed sugar (btw, brown "sugar" is white "sugar" with molasses (molasses is sugar cane cooked once) making it bleached extracts of black chemical sludge from superheated sugar that are re-darkened with molasses, and there are some nutrients in molasses, so that's the ONLY thing that makes it "better" for you, though it is no less detrimental) it comes in a nice granulated formula, and fine, it's 3x the cost of chemical sludge crumbs, but it actually tastes like food, and choosing white "sugar" or brown or any other color of "sugar" over it is like agreeing to pay $5 for a pizza that's pure charred ash instead of $15 for a real one.

You're the only person on this forum I trust to give personal plans to, since you're the only one who didn't misinterpret everything or attack me when I put out advice, so know every word is written with the utmost respect, and anything you see as derogatory towards your person in any way is not what it is. Hope all this helps, be sure to say things like this, these are the last couple times I get to do psychoanalysis.

Now I'm thinking of another plan, which planning mostly involved the problems that would arise, but what it would be good for is studying in detail not the minimum but optimum food types and nutrients a person needs, organizing to have services across the country where they prepare perfect meals (varying foods respecting the consumption guidelines as close as necessary), illegalizing the garbage corporations sell so that they can store food somewhere 100 years waiting to sell and compete with someone who has a kitchen and actual food), and there was a bunch of other stuff, a connecting plan is that the culinary research institute necessary for the project will increase the quality of Israeli gastronomie, and provide new jobs, perfect for tourists and a wealthy class. Doesn't matter because I started ripping up all my plans. If only now I could get them out of my head, where I have to go now would be less torturous. blah blah blah that's all I can do and wait.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:31 AM »
Would you drink a 12-pack if it were much more expensive?

I hope sh*t like soda drinks stay forever  allot more expensive in Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 06:02:34 AM »
Here, let me fix that for you

... the companies are selling {tasty} products which they know are unhealthy {because} they know people will buy them. 

Now who is at fault, really?   People need to take responsibility for their unhealthy habits.  If they stop buying and eating crap, then companies will sell healthier foods that people want to buy.   They will sell whatever people demand to eat and are willing to buy.    That, in fact, explains the explosion of the Organic industry.   And why the Whole Foods business model has erupted onto the scene as one of the greatest growth stories of the past decade.  Have you ignored that?  Chosen to abstain from participating?  You are free to partake in that fad and purchase healthier foods.

Isn't it the fault of the people who buy junk and stuff it down their gullets?

These products do not kill people immediately but they contribute to an unhealthy society. Currently I am not exposed to much marketing of these products as I don't watch TV or cable anymore (gave it up 10 years ago). 
No one is forcing anyone to buy or eat these things even if they are watching tv.

But the bad habits of my youth have had a detrimental effect on my health, as it has a good number of American citizens, because various scientific findings were buried by the sugar industry. 

You talk about the powerful reach of the sugar industry.  How do you know that nothing they say is true?  Aren't you aware that there is a field of artificial sweeteners which publishes attacks on sugar so it can pimp its own replacement products and whose own bad qualities they try to gloss over?   So why should we trust them?   

There are many papers published on the effects of sugar on the diet and health of people and animals.   You can try to counteract these claims with your own studies proving contrary points (or perhaps point out the flaws in the studies and design better ones which then render the politicized stuff nonsense, which sometimes happens), but you cannot "bury" it.   It's all out there and known. 

The problem of obesity is not due to sugar, it's due to lack of self-control and people stuffing junk in their gullets.  It's a CALORIE problem.   All food gets converted to sugar.  The more crap that (such as soda) is eaten which has no other redeeming value or nutrient content to fall back on, the worse it will be, but really all the food we eat more or less gets converted to sugar (glucose).  Glucose is the primary source of energy used by our cells.   It can't be all that bad.  It's the preferred energy source of human cells. It's the AMOUNT one intakes which matters, and that requires self-control.

So I don't think it is something to be so flippant with. In the 60s-80s the TV advertising was pushing sugary products like they did cigarettes.

This comparison is a red herring.  Cigarettes cause deadly cancers no matter how moderated one's intake or usage.  They are loaded with known carcinogens and addictive nicotine.   Sugar is not in and of itself hazardous to one's health!    Science is advanced enough that we know what sugar does.   We know what cigarettes do.  It took time for the reality of cigarettes to become clear.  Comparing to the 1960's is like referencing the stone age and its construction of wheels to today's tires.

Corporations should have moral values and not attempt to mislead the people concerning the potential dangers of the products. Similarly in drug advertisements when the announcer reads the potential side effects very quickly so that nobody can understand what he is saying.

You can't let a day go by without taking a potshot at the drug companies (those evil companies which invent all the life-saving medicines people rely on and certainly wouldn't opt out on if their own hide was on the line).  Drug advertisements usually say "Ask your doctor about ..."   Why is that misleading?  The doctor will explain all the risks, that is his job.   The potential side effect list they read out during the commercial is mandated by the federal govt for any advertisement, so they have to list every single thing, even if extremely unlikely to get from the drug.   That is part of the guidelines.  Where do you get it from that no one can understand?  It's usually perfectly clear and makes me question why anyone would want to ask their doctor about it given the long list.   But ALL of the side effect information is very clearly labeled on the drug packaging, as mandated by law and which a person obviously should read, and any responsible doctor would also discuss this with his patient before prescribing.   There is nothing misleading about these commercials.  In fact I would argue that the daunting list of a million side effects at the end of the commercial (which are said in perfectly audible English or else they would not meet the federal guidelines, the commercials would be illegal, and the FDA would immediately fine the company and take the ads off the air, so I don't know where you got the lie from that people can't comprehend what's being said) are probably counterproductive and I think it's bad marketing strategy to even have those commercials.  Because people hear a lot of crazy side effects and will be turned off to the benefits of the drug.   

Where you get the idea that the side effects are read so fast that it sounds like "happiness and full prosperity" to cover up drug risks, I do not know, but maybe in the weed fields of southern california?

At least in this video they slowly explained the side effects, and it is not an example of what I was trying to say in the above paragraph.

LOL, that's because your above paragraph was a lie.  They always say it in clear english or else the feds would immediately shut them down and probably start raiding their facilities lol
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:16:27 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 06:07:43 AM »

You keep claiming MJ has medicinal properties, yet there are no studies proving that.    The evil Drug Companies, if they tried to make statements like that about one of their drug candidates which has not been tested and approved by the FDA, would see executives landing in jail.   It would be considered "unethical behavior" for a drug company to make unfounded statements like that.    So you hate them and consider them evil and unethical, yet you freely engage in behavior that if any of them would do, would land them immediately in jail (which is one of the reasons why they don't do it - they have to uphold ethics or else go to jail).   You are committing a type of fraud with these statements.  How do you justify that?   How do you justify the blatant double-standard you hold against drug companies when they ARE behaving, and you are not?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 06:11:18 AM »

2. White "sugar" is not sugar, it had some sugar in it, and it is a carcinogenic substance

Bullcrap.

If there was any science whatsoever, even a hint of it, to suggest that table sugar was carcinogenic, Obama's EPA would have banned it already - even if it required 10000 ppm to be carcinogenic, Obama's EPA would ban 10 ppm.    This is just liberal gobbledy gook you are talking because it's "in" to be anti-food and anti-corporation and anti-everything, and everyone is trying to poison us (except the federal govt of course)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:19 AM »
 :clap:
Bullcrap.

If there was any science whatsoever, even a hint of it, to suggest that table sugar was carcinogenic, Obama's EPA would have banned it already - even if it required 10000 ppm to be carcinogenic, Obama's EPA would ban 10 ppm.    This is just liberal gobbledy gook you are talking because it's "in" to be anti-food and anti-corporation and anti-everything, and everyone is trying to poison us (except the federal govt of course)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:55 AM »
Muman, do you think smoking marijuana had any impact on your problem with Cocaine?
I think if you even cut your soda intake by half you would feel better.
Thinking of totally stopping can be overwhelming.  I had a friend who watered down her soda.  Slowly, you can cut down to a normal amount.  The amount you drink is definitely detrimental to your health.  I think soda occasionally is perfectly fine.  (Don't tell Michelle.)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
What is Grenadine?  Sugars, food dye and chemicals in a bottle.  Or if high end... fruit juice and sugar.
Is it the methadone of soda?  A more acceptable addiction.
Grenadine = Soda   :::D
How about we take some responsibility for our own actions?
Who cares what the 'evil' corporations want?  If you know something is bad for you...don't indulge.  That might solve the problem by putting them out of business.  Or indulge and quit whining about it.
That isn't meant just for Muman.  It is meant for society in general.

Muman, have you ever tried (idk the word in English) eau de grenadine?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

5. Your body converts food into sugar for use and fat for storage. It does not convert it to the poison Americans are convinced is sugar, just as your sweat does not contain the poison Americans believe is salt. 

Lol.  Human sweat contains urea, which is a poison routinely secreted from the body by the kidneys... and by sweating.
Table salt is not a poison, Mr. Bloomberg.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
Yes, it would be much better that all kids smoke weed than eat candy and fruit.  :laugh:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »
Here, let me fix that for you

Now who is at fault, really?   People need to take responsibility for their unhealthy habits.  If they stop buying and eating crap, then companies will sell healthier foods that people want to buy.   They will sell whatever people demand to eat and are willing to buy.    That, in fact, explains the explosion of the Organic industry.   And why the Whole Foods business model has erupted onto the scene as one of the greatest growth stories of the past decade.  Have you ignored that?  Chosen to abstain from participating?  You are free to partake in that fad and purchase healthier foods.

Isn't it the fault of the people who buy junk and stuff it down their gullets?
 No one is forcing anyone to buy or eat these things even if they are watching tv.

You talk about the powerful reach of the sugar industry.  How do you know that nothing they say is true?  Aren't you aware that there is a field of artificial sweeteners which publishes attacks on sugar so it can pimp its own replacement products and whose own bad qualities they try to gloss over?   So why should we trust them?   

There are many papers published on the effects of sugar on the diet and health of people and animals.   You can try to counteract these claims with your own studies proving contrary points (or perhaps point out the flaws in the studies and design better ones which then render the politicized stuff nonsense, which sometimes happens), but you cannot "bury" it.   It's all out there and known. 

The problem of obesity is not due to sugar, it's due to lack of self-control and people stuffing junk in their gullets.  It's a CALORIE problem.   All food gets converted to sugar.  The more crap that (such as soda) is eaten which has no other redeeming value or nutrient content to fall back on, the worse it will be, but really all the food we eat more or less gets converted to sugar (glucose).  Glucose is the primary source of energy used by our cells.   It can't be all that bad.  It's the preferred energy source of human cells. It's the AMOUNT one intakes which matters, and that requires self-control.

This comparison is a red herring.  Cigarettes cause deadly cancers no matter how moderated one's intake or usage.  They are loaded with known carcinogens and addictive nicotine.   Sugar is not in and of itself hazardous to one's health!    Science is advanced enough that we know what sugar does.   We know what cigarettes do.  It took time for the reality of cigarettes to become clear.  Comparing to the 1960's is like referencing the stone age and its construction of wheels to today's tires.

You can't let a day go by without taking a potshot at the drug companies (those evil companies which invent all the life-saving medicines people rely on and certainly wouldn't opt out on if their own hide was on the line).  Drug advertisements usually say "Ask your doctor about ..."   Why is that misleading?  The doctor will explain all the risks, that is his job.   The potential side effect list they read out during the commercial is mandated by the federal govt for any advertisement, so they have to list every single thing, even if extremely unlikely to get from the drug.   That is part of the guidelines.  Where do you get it from that no one can understand?  It's usually perfectly clear and makes me question why anyone would want to ask their doctor about it given the long list.   But ALL of the side effect information is very clearly labeled on the drug packaging, as mandated by law and which a person obviously should read, and any responsible doctor would also discuss this with his patient before prescribing.   There is nothing misleading about these commercials.  In fact I would argue that the daunting list of a million side effects at the end of the commercial (which are said in perfectly audible English or else they would not meet the federal guidelines, the commercials would be illegal, and the FDA would immediately fine the company and take the ads off the air, so I don't know where you got the lie from that people can't comprehend what's being said) are probably counterproductive and I think it's bad marketing strategy to even have those commercials.  Because people hear a lot of crazy side effects and will be turned off to the benefits of the drug.   

Where you get the idea that the side effects are read so fast that it sounds like "happiness and full prosperity" to cover up drug risks, I do not know, but maybe in the weed fields of southern california?

LOL, that's because your above paragraph was a lie.  They always say it in clear english or else the feds would immediately shut them down and probably start raiding their facilities lol

So someone gets left in front of the t.v. since 3 (good portion of your country) to get brainwashed by the t.v., gets the products he's convinced about, because of exceptional advertising, that has also probably worked well enough to reduce his attention span to nothing (fun ads to make), and so when he goes to the store, the farmer selling an apple is selling it for even more than his "sugar" treats, and can't possibly compete with genius advertisers. The kid becomes a man and lives a simple life, doesn't get to hear about all the negative effects of these things, and is a fatty with terrible health, even though he works.

I could illustrate the point with less extreme examples; a man who generally eats food from time to time likes a "sugar" treat, and this weakens his heart and decreases his libido by 5%.

In the pro-traitor corporation world of KWRBT, these people are to blame for their own poor decisions. They should have known better. How could they have? They had a t.v. to tell them the stuff was great, they have access to it on every corner store, they see everyone else doing it, and the flashy packaging ensures that, and it's at the point when if you tell someone that the coke can they're drinking is 100 kinds of toxic and bad for you, and they haven't actually studied it, they'll look at you like a crazy maniac, because how could it be bad? You can't cut off someone's feet and look down on them because they're not running.

Many of the replacement sweeteners are owned by other traitor corporations, and are frequently toxic waste. The only one I trust is Stevia.

I have no idea what you mean about studies about the effect of sugar, but I'm assuming you're saying it is proven good in those studies. The first thing I said was the sugar is good and has many important nutrients. White "sugar" is not sugar, it is carcinogenic waste, and is only negative beyond the 30 second energy rush, which in itself is far more negative than positive.

"It's a CALORIE problem." In France, we eat cheese, butter, wine and all things fat, and a lot, and everyone is skinny. The difference between that and food in the States is that food there is food and food in America is extracted repasted-together food-extract held together and flavored with toxic waste. It's not because you eat too much toxic potion that you're fat. Many poor people don't eat comparatively more than the French, and are rotund and hideous. It's because your body does not properly digest or store the mutilated "fats" and "sugars" that are in the poison you call food.

I already said before that foooooood GEEEEETS CONNNNNVERTTTTTEED TO SUUUUGARRRR, NOOOOOOT F-INNNNNG WHIIIITTTTE F-INNNNG "SUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGAAAAARRR". Got that? Repeat it to yourself a hundred [censored] times so I don't have to repeat it again.

White "Sugar" causes cancer. Every single doctor in the world but corporate population control scientists and ignoramuses agree http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?menu=c10400&no=384385&rel_no=1

As for your comment to Muman, every drug ad I've seen on t.v. plays the side effects while two people walk gaily down the beach, and the world champion auctioneer runs though a list of horrible effects worse than the original problem faster than a rapper. Some drugs are necessary. However, they want more money, so some drugs are withheld when they should be released, some are made worse to increase dosage, or to allow them to prescribe other drugs for the side effects. I'm angry right now because you made me repeat myself, so I'm not responding to the rest, but unless you have no option other than getting a drug, most medical problems can be solved with natural methods and herbal remedies, and naturopathy and herbology offers solutions 1/10th the price and without side effects as an alternative to drugs which do a worse job at the same thing, and that is an example of how drug companies are detrimental no society. Nothing that is 100% detrimental survives, it's really pathetic to see people supposed to know politics in a so-called movement using logical fallacy and defending such people with it. The drug companies do good and bad, but nothing short of right is right and what's not right is wrong, and with a little moral code and a side of enforcement, they could be doing 10x the good and 10x less the bad for the world.

Lol.  Human sweat contains urea, which is a poison routinely secreted from the body by the kidneys... and by sweating.
Table salt is not a poison, Mr. Bloomberg.

Urea/uric acid is not a poison, it has many beneficial properties, and in some cultures it is turned into a fungus medication, a skin cream, and many other things. However, poisons are always coming into your body, and your body will expell them with the urea. That is why the pee will kill you if you drink your pee three times in a row, it's not the urea.

Also, table salt is a poison http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/nutrition/table-salt no one should eat it.

Lol Americans pump yourself up with drugs, junk "food", white "sugar" and table "salt". Fake people in a fake society should eat fake food.

Yes, it would be much better that all kids smoke weed than eat candy and fruit.  :laugh:

That's really all any of you have, straw men arguments, logical fallacies, and school yard insults.

Biggest waste being here.