Author Topic: Trump not debating  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Trump not debating
« on: January 27, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
What a cry baby..and Cruz has challenged him to a one on one debate even without moderators. 

I doubt Trump will go for it. I really hope he loses.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Trump not debating
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 07:29:59 PM »
http://therightscoop.com/heres-that-time-trump-called-a-candidate-disloyal-for-skipping-a-debate/

Trump called Bachmann names for skipping a debate

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/267140-fox-news-accuses-trump-campaign-of-threatening-megyn-kelly

Technically, he blackmailed the media to cover him how he likes. You hate it from Obama, you love it from Trump.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-begins-selling-make-trump-debate-again-hats/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/01/27/glenn-beck-goes-nuclear-on-bully-donald-trump-for-skipping-debate-then-issues-warning/

Beck: We already have a president that will not talk to FOX news

""No, I will NOT meet with Netanyahu. I told him Israel has to make tough choices and they didn't, so I will be skipping the meeting"-President Trump, 2018."

Facebook roundup concludes with funny pictures after my comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a complicated issue for me here. The way Megan Kelly asked questions to Cruz in the debates sounded like a bratty child before the parents smacked her to teach her respect.

I don't like her, I don't think she's conservative, and it's shameful she brings Micheal Moore on to talk about it.

That being said, Trump knows the more he debates, the less chance he has of getting support, he has nothing but rhetoric.

I don't honestly have a problem with him skipping the debate, though obviously it shows he can't stand to tough criticism from an opponent, something Cruz has proven to be a master of (link, more up on request), because she is biased and the questions may just be designed to attack his campaign.

If he refuses Ted Cruz's offer to debate one on one, the way debates used to be done, which I'd prefer more than the current style, then I'll have something to say on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5veMQxoQ8E

The personal attacks on her are textbook egomaniac narcissism. In the business world, he's used to everyone bending over, and if they won't, he talks to them like they are already, he doesn't know how to communicate with someone standing up.

He is immature, but I'm not sure this is the best sign of that, like trolling everyone with schoolyard attacks on Twitter is. If I was running his campaign, I'd know he has nothing of substance to offer in a debate, and would tell him to avoid as many as possible, it could just be political strategy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:37:22 PM by Israel Chai »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:48:08 PM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:34 AM »
"I feel its time to educate some Trump supporters on something that has [censored] me off. Trump I feel has backed out of the Fox debate claiming nothing but BS.....he is scared of Ted Cruz and for his supporters to compare this to when Ronald Reagan skipped the Republican debate ahead of the 1980 Iowa caucus is absurd. Bush wasn't going to attend so Reagan in no way seen it necessary to debate others in the "single digits"..........heres where Mr. Reagan declared, "I am paying for this microphone!" ........As the 1970s came to a close, Former Governor Ronald Reagan was the odds-on favorite to win his party's nomination for president (after nearly beating incumbent President Gerald Ford just four years earlier). He was so far ahead in the polls that campaign director John Sears decided on an "above the fray" strategy. He did not attend many of the multicandidate forums and straw poll events held in the summer and fall of 1979.

However, George Bush, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency and chairman of the Republican National Committee, taking a page from the George McGovern/Jimmy Carter playbook, did go to all the so-called "cattle calls", and began to come in first at a number of these events.

In January of 1980, the Iowa Republicans decided to have a straw poll as a part of their caucuses for that year. Bush's hard work paid off, and he defeated Reagan by a small margin. Bush declared he had the "Big Mo" (for "momentum"), and with Reagan boycotting the Puerto Rico primary in deference to New Hampshire, the victorious Bush looked like he might actually beat Reagan to the nomination.

With the other candidates in single digits, the Nashua Telegraph offered to host a debate between Reagan and Bush. Worried that a newspaper-sponsored debate might violate electoral regulations, Reagan subsequently arranged to fund the event with his own campaign money, inviting the other candidates to participate at short notice. The Bush camp did not learn of Reagan's decision to include the other candidates until the debate was due to commence. Bush refused to participate, which led to an impasse on the stage. As Reagan attempted to explain his decision, the editor of the Nashua Telegraph ordered the sound man to mute Reagan's microphone. A visibly angry Reagan responded "I am paying for this microphone, Mr. Green!" (the editor's name was in fact Jon Breen). Eventually the other candidates agreed to leave, and the debate proceeded between Reagan and Bush. Reagan's quote was often repeated as "I paid for this microphone!" and dominated news coverage of the event; Bush did not make an impact with the voters.

Maybe Ted Cruz should pay for Trump's microphone time......hell I would if I could.....lets see where the integrity falls!"

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 01:44:31 AM »
So Trump has basically whimped out of Cruz's offer, while pretending it's not a two man race, which everyone knows it is.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                       :fist:

The video of Ted Cruz interviewed by Sean Hannity was outstanding. He might very well
 be sincere and well-intentioned with the veterans' fundraiser but it is moreover a pretext
 for not partaking in the great debate. That is why Ted Cruz was spot on about Trump.
 Ted Cruz will outclass and out-debate these Republican establishment marionettes.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:40 PM »
Trump is a big fat chicken!  He is so afraid of Megyn Kelly, it's not even funny.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:58 PM »
Pamela Geller isn't so worried that Megan Kelly is being called every dirty word under the sun, she's happy that Donald Trump being a Republican shows how diverse the Republican party is, and unhappy that a muslim working with them is too diverse.

I draw the line at criminal strip-club owner charlatan Clinton-supporter. Maybe she thinks the line should stop at mudrat, but that isn't how to make "America great again".

She was right for attacking Fox for trying to ambush Trump with that Muslim, first off it would just gain him support, second Fox are just as far left as Trump, they just don't hide their love of Islam as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:10:12 PM by Israel Chai »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Here's the stream for the debate. I wasn't going to watch it, but since Trump is blackmailing them, I'm doing it.

Offline chicagojew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »

The way that Megyn Kelly disrespected him on the last Fox News debate, I don't blame him.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 07:51:28 PM »

The way that Megyn Kelly disrespected him on the last Fox News debate, I don't blame him.

She also disrespected Ted Cruz. Did Gaaaaawd- tell you to run, senator? He handled her and got votes.

I don't watch interviews where the journalist likes the political candidate. I can read their speeches just fine, I don't need to have them broken down into point form for me with questions. I want someone that hates the candidate to question them, it proves their metal.

Cruz did great things for America by talking to leftists that invaded his events. Blackmailing and sending your campaign manager to threaten reporters is something Putin would approve, not a conservative.

Offline chicagojew

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »
Ted Cruz is my first choice. Donald Trump is my second.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 08:38:00 PM »
Apparently Fox is going to have a muslim Bernie supporter and an illegal alien to question the candidates.  Pathetic. Someone tell Cruz to say that whoever made the show should be fined for employing illegal aliens.