Author Topic: KFC and watermelon...  (Read 32815 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: KFC and watermelon...
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon.

I never even knew watermelon was a stereotype until recently when I read it on the forum.

I thought everyone knew that black folks loves they wadeemellon the honestly do. I knew a black guy that would tell me that all the time and roll his eyes like Al Jolson singing Mammie.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Erica

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »
A sense of humour requires intelligence and the ability to understand something abstract.....................so you see the problem here.

BTW:

Just got back from KFC...................MMMM HMMM, lovin' it!!

Haha, you really went there?  I bet Erica is salivating in jealousy.   ;) 
What? I cook my own food. I'm not jealous of anything. Abstract to you is insulting someone because of food they eat. I don't do that. I eat everything, pretty much. I've even tried Matzo ball soup and thought it to be pretty interesting. But I find it funny that when I asked this question before, you all seemed to say in unison that it isn't evil food, then you describe blacks who like the food as people who behave differently from Jews who eat gefilte fish. All of a sudden, its evil for blacks to like a food that's eaten universally by everyone.

Erica

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
Races create their own stereotypes, while it is true they don't apply perfectly to every member, as a whole, they exist.
We didn't create a stereotype about liking fried chicken and watermelon. That came from hateful white people picking at every different thing about the black race. When I make fried chicken, my kids and husband aren't salivating and eating as if they've never had a meal before. And when we eat watermelon, its not eaten in a way that would make white people stare. I think you just like to be hateful.

Erica

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
A sense of humour requires intelligence and the ability to understand something abstract.....................so you see the problem here.

BTW:

Yeah, but I don't have any watermelon or cornbread to go with it. :'(
You'd have to come to ME for the conrnbread, newman. I make great cornbread, if I do say so myself.  ;)

newman

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 04:14:11 PM »

BTW:

What? I cook my own food. I'm not jealous of anything. Abstract to you is insulting someone because of food they eat. I don't do that. I eat everything, pretty much. I've even tried Matzo ball soup and thought it to be pretty interesting. But I find it funny that when I asked this question before, you all seemed to say in unison that it isn't evil food, then you describe blacks who like the food as people who behave differently from Jews who eat gefilte fish. All of a sudden, its evil for blacks to like a food that's eaten universally by everyone.

No.

Food is only the tiniest piece in the big, evil jigsaw puzzle of black culture.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 04:15:37 PM »
Races create their own stereotypes, while it is true they don't apply perfectly to every member, as a whole, they exist.
We didn't create a stereotype about liking fried chicken and watermelon. That came from hateful white people picking at every different thing about the black race.  I think you just like to be hateful.

More typical whining.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 04:18:08 PM »
Abstract to you is insulting someone because of food they eat. I don't do that. But I find it funny that when I asked this question before, you all seemed to say in unison that it isn't evil food, then you describe blacks who like the food as people who behave differently from Jews who eat gefilte fish. All of a sudden, its evil for blacks to like a food that's eaten universally by everyone.

What?  ???

newman

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2007, 04:18:41 PM »
We didn't create a stereotype about liking fried chicken and watermelon. That came from hateful white people picking at every different thing about the black race.  I think you just like to be hateful.

More typical whining.

I suppose the crack addiction, bastard babies, crime and laziness stereotypes were created by us "hateful" honkies, too.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2007, 04:21:38 PM »

More typical whining.

I suppose the crack addiction, bastard babies, crime and laziness stereotypes were created by us "hateful" honkies, too.

Of course.  They believe that all of that stuff is a big conspiracy against black people!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »

More typical whining.

Imagine how great the blacks could be if the white man wasn't continuously conspiring to keep them down.   ;)

Erica

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »
Just as Newman said, jokes are made about ALL ethnic groups.

Blacks are indeed too touchy.  This is a large party of the reason why they constantly complain and blame others.

What about Irish, Scottish, Jewish, Italian, Polish & Aussie stereotypes?

Or the white southern male stereotype? When was the last time you saw a portrayal of a white southerner who wasn't an inbred, drunken idiot?

You ever hear ANY of the above groups complain?
Actually they DO complain but there are some whites who make fun of it...like Jeff Foxworthy when he does his redneck jokes.

Erica

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2007, 04:26:39 PM »
I LOVE fried chicken and watermelon.

I never even knew watermelon was a stereotype until recently when I read it on the forum.

My word it is:

I just thought it was a coincidence that he had watermelon on the ground in that picture.

Its a doctored photo, Yacov.

newman

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »

More typical whining.

Imagine how great the blacks could be if the white man wasn't continuously conspiring to keep them down.   ;)
They'd be free to build the great societies that they have where there's no whitey to keep 'em down..........like in africa.

newman

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »

Blacks are indeed too touchy.  This is a large party of the reason why they constantly complain and blame others.

Or the white southern male stereotype? When was the last time you saw a portrayal of a white southerner who wasn't an inbred, drunken idiot?

Actually they DO complain but there are some whites who make fun of it...like Jeff Foxworthy when he does his redneck jokes.

Really??

Is there a whole bunch of redneck race pimps making careers out of whining about the portrayal of southerners?  :laugh: :laugh:

Gimme a break!

Erica

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »

How about TV commercials where the white man is portrayed as a dumb, incompetent boob, while women (often black) are portrayed as perfect individuals.
What commercials are you speaking of specifically? Black women are on all kinds of commercials, none of them portray the black woman as an 'ape', but at the same token, none of the commercials i've seen portray the white man as a boob, stereotypically.

Erica

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 04:34:52 PM »

BTW:

No.

I'm not surprised that you'd change up the story now. You told me that those foods aren't evil neither are the blacks evil for eating them...'its just a stereotype'. Now it comes out.

Erica

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2007, 04:36:44 PM »

More typical whining.

First of all newman, I didn't say that it was created by YOU I said it was by white people in the old days. Are YOU white people from then? ANd you say blacks are touchy.

newman

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

No.

I'm not surprised that you'd change up the story now. You told me that those foods aren't evil neither are the blacks evil for eating them...'its just a stereotype'. Now it comes out.

Eating the food is not evil.

Living on that stuff ALL the time and becoming big, fat, black slobs as seen on Jerry Springer IS.

Erica

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »

More typical whining.

Scrabin, who is saying that the white man is keeping the black man down? When did you read that post from me?

Erica

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »

Really??

Is there a whole bunch of redneck race pimps making careers out of whining about the portrayal of southerners?  :laugh: :laugh:

Gimme a break!
You don't think so? Oh, wait, you're in Australia. You don't know Jeff Foxworthy but are familiar with fried chicken and watermelon. Give ME a break.

newman

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2007, 04:43:20 PM »

More typical whining.

First of all newman, I didn't say that it was created by YOU I said it was by white people in the old days.
Am I one of them?....
Yes.

Look at the REAL me in my avatar.

[/quote]
 ANd you say blacks are touchy.
[/quote]

Yes I do.

Blacks have a chip on their shoulders the size of the trade deficit.

Erica

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2007, 04:43:51 PM »

No.

Eating the food is not evil.

Living on that stuff ALL the time and becoming big, fat, black slobs as seen on Jerry Springer IS.
No one lives on fried chicken all of the time UNLESS that's all they can afford. But even then there are different ways to make chicken without frying it and different oils used to fry the chicken in. How many black people have you visited in your lifetime, newman? If you visited any, were the main courses always fried chicken, and dessert watermelon?

And another curious thing.. you do know that watermelon isn't fattening, right?

Erica

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2007, 04:44:58 PM »

More typical whining.

First of all newman, I didn't say that it was created by YOU I said it was by white people in the old days.
Am I one of them?....
Yes.

Look at the REAL me in my avatar.

ANd you say blacks are touchy.
[/quote]

Yes I do.

Blacks have a chip on their shoulders the size of the trade deficit.
[/quote]And if you're picking on blacks by using fried chicken and watermelon as a vehicle to bash them, you have a chip on your shoulder.

newman

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »

Really??

Gimme a break!
You don't think so? Oh, wait, you're in Australia. You don't know Jeff Foxworthy but are familiar with fried chicken and watermelon. Give ME a break.

Jeff is a COMMEDIAN!!!!!!! HE JOKES!!!!!!

Where is the redneck, Irish or Italian equivalent of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson whinging & whining all the time??

Erica

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2007, 05:00:58 PM »

Really??

Gimme a break!

Jeff is a COMMEDIAN!!!!!!! HE JOKES!!!!!!

Where is the redneck, Irish or Italian equivalent of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson whinging & whining all the time??
Jeff is ALSO an admitted redneck. There are black people in comedy like Chris Rock who talk about the difference between good blacks and bad blacks all of the time. Only he's not discriminating against an entire race. Not even when jokes about white people.