Poll

Should Weed be legal?

Yes
10 (43.5%)
No
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should marijuana be unbanned?  (Read 12751 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Should marijuana be unbanned?
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »
No it shouldnt be, its not a harmless drug, and I agree, gateway to harder drugs.

One of the main reasons it's considered to be a "gateway drug" is because it IS illegal, therefore in order to get it you have to go to criminals who sell the stuff and who either sell other and more harmful drugs, or know people who do.  Because marijuana IS illegal, it forces those who want to obtain it to meddle with the criminal underworld, who could push them into doing more harmful drugs.  Not only drugs, but gangs also control parts of the drug economy, so drug use could lead one into gang and other criminal activity.  If marijuana was legal, these people would be out of business.  We would shut down the mexican marijuana trafficking overnight.  It would be a huge blow to criminals and gangs because they wouldn't be able to profit from marijuana anymore.  If it was legal, the people who wanted to use it could obtain it through lawful means, they wouldn't have to meet any criminals to get it, and they wouldn't have that open gateway to more hardcore drugs that they have now. 
Sorry, can't agree with you there.  No one would be out of business because there are always other drugs to supply, unless they are legalized as well.  The sad fact is that legalizing marijuana will eventually lead the drug users to seek other drugs, which are not legal, and the criminal element will continue to thrive.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 12:04:15 AM »
Well, I think private life should be free. But I shall list several practicals reasons to legaliza weed, and other equally strong parctical reasons not to.

REASONS TO LEGALIZE IT
1- People would feel that the Govt. respects their personal choises and would be more willing to love and obey the State. ( In fact I try to keep the civil Law even in slightest details, just because I am proud of my honesty, but I'd love the Govt. more, if they didn't interfere in private life, if they respected anyone choises, recognisd polygamy, and above all stopped being Western).
2- Weed would not be a business for criminals.
3- Users will not need to see a criminal to buy it, and so they woould not be influenced by them.
4- Users would not be outside the Law, and they would still abide it. Today many users commit crimes because they feel they are already criminals and have no legality to lose.
5- Users would not seek emotional support from other delinquents. Now, being outlawd, they try to be among people in the same situation, and are lead into crime.
6- Adicts who want to quit the vice, would seek help without fear. Today many adicts wish to abandon it but postpone their traetment because they are afraid of a court.

REASONS NOT TO LEGALIZE IT.
1- Some people just seek weed because it is ilegal and they enjoy something forbidden, then,  if weed is legal, they may try another drug. And if all drugs are legal...what would they try? Stealing, disturbs....
2-Unfortunately this Western society believes that the Govt. protects them against any damage. If it were legal, they may wrongly think that it is also ok and harmless.
3- If it is legal, how can we prevent some people using it without free will? Many youngsters and even children may try it without thinking, as it is happening today with alcohol and tobbaco.
4- How can we avoid the risk that a person with a high responsibility ( a doctor, a car driver.....) would consume weed?
5- Who would produce and control legal weed? The Govt. may be morally  bound to RESPECT everyone's decision about his life, even if he harms himself, but is it bound to HELP someone to damage his health?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:31:47 AM by Raulmarrio2000 »

kellymaureen

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 12:08:27 AM »
1- People would feel that the Govt. respects their personal choises and would be more willing to love and obey the State. ( In fact I try to keep the civil Law even in slightest details, just because I am proud of my honesty, but I'd love the Govt. more, if they didn't interfere in private life, if they respected anyone choises, recognisd polygamy, and above all stopped being Western).

In that case why not make wife beating legal, then we wouldnt offend the muslims who have to pound the mrs a few times to keep her in line(sanctioned by islam)...no need to send the cops, she can pick up her own teeth, throw on a bandage and next time she'll listen ;)
If they legalized polygamy here we would go under, all the welfare payments for numerous wives and hoardes of children.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 12:24:18 AM »
I've heard that there are legitimate medical uses for cannabis, so if utilized properly, I would be for it. But something like that would get way out of hand in no time as it does already in California, so I say just find a different treatment.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:27:10 AM by Vito »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »
I can't believe that on a Kahanist Torah forum, people are supporting legalization of narcotics.

Not narcotics, Cannabis.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »
  in old days cannabis and other "illicit drugs" were legal, but nobody knew about them...After the Authorities made them ILLEGAL, then people just heard about and started to use them ...funny right?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Cojpe

• Junior JTFer
  • For King and Country
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »
If Alcohol is legal, I don't see why marijuana shouldn't be.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:13 PM »
Also if marijuana was legal, people wouldn't have to worry about damaging their brains with other drugs that are laced into the marijuana, like is done on the street.  Drug dealers put all sorts of nasty stuff in their drugs that can really harm people, so that would be avoided if marijuana was made legal.  Also, it would be cheaper,because the market rate would be much lower if it was legal, so people wouldn't need to steal and commit crimes to get the money to buy marijuana.  Also, I feel that less people would use it, because if it was allowed by the government, it wouldn't be as "cool" and it would take away the "counter-culture" element of it.  People wouldn't feel that they would be rebelling, so they probably wouldn't use it as much.  I think lots of people are interested in it because it's something you're not supposed to do, so for young people who want to rebel against authority, it provides an outlet. 

The only reason why marijuana is illegal to begin with is because of large corporations that would lose BIGTIME from the legalization of hemp, basically created a smear campaign against marijuana, and lied to the American people to make it illegal so they could still make their obscene profits.  Hemp was a plant that was used by the founders of the United States for making ropes, clothes, sails, and other garments.  Mexicans started coming in the early 20th century, and marijuana was attacked through that avenue, because it was said to fuel the activity of the Mexicans.  Large corporations were behind lobbying campaigns to the government as well as propaganda efforts to make people think that marijuana will make black men rape your daughter, it will make you insane and kill people, it will make you permanently and irreversibly insane, etc etc.  LaGuardia actually did a legitimate study of marijuana and found none of the claims to be true, but nobody really listened to him.  Much of the perception of marijuana today is a legacy of that.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Kiwi

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 08:39:51 PM »

The damage Weed causes in soicety is beyond the individaul. Justifty its use is reckless and stupid.

There are medical benefits, but we are not debating the chemical make up of the drug.

Just its misuse. Supporting any form of Illegal activity is wrong regardless of which form it takes.

We have laws for a reason, to protect the greater good, anything less is fool hardy to go against.

Too much blood is been spilt to maintain the freedoms we have, and going against the country is like spitting in the face of all thats served past present and future.

Its not just a drug its a matter of principal and morales.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2007, 12:29:55 AM »
Also if marijuana was legal, people wouldn't have to worry about damaging their brains with other drugs that are laced into the marijuana, like is done on the street.  Drug dealers put all sorts of nasty stuff in their drugs that can really harm people, so that would be avoided if marijuana was made legal.  Also, it would be cheaper,because the market rate would be much lower if it was legal, so people wouldn't need to steal and commit crimes to get the money to buy marijuana.  Also, I feel that less people would use it, because if it was allowed by the government, it wouldn't be as "cool" and it would take away the "counter-culture" element of it.  People wouldn't feel that they would be rebelling, so they probably wouldn't use it as much.  I think lots of people are interested in it because it's something you're not supposed to do, so for young people who want to rebel against authority, it provides an outlet. 

The only reason why marijuana is illegal to begin with is because of large corporations that would lose BIGTIME from the legalization of hemp, basically created a smear campaign against marijuana, and lied to the American people to make it illegal so they could still make their obscene profits.  Hemp was a plant that was used by the founders of the United States for making ropes, clothes, sails, and other garments.  Mexicans started coming in the early 20th century, and marijuana was attacked through that avenue, because it was said to fuel the activity of the Mexicans.  Large corporations were behind lobbying campaigns to the government as well as propaganda efforts to make people think that marijuana will make black men rape your daughter, it will make you insane and kill people, it will make you permanently and irreversibly insane, etc etc.  LaGuardia actually did a legitimate study of marijuana and found none of the claims to be true, but nobody really listened to him.  Much of the perception of marijuana today is a legacy of that.
Don't you get it; the legalization of marijuana is only the beginning.  In 5 years after which those same potheads and leftist lobby groups would be advocating the legalization of heroine, cocaine, crystal meth, opium etc.  It would be as though you took a drill to a dam holding back the flood......in my opinion..  Similarly to the border problem today.....with illegals flooding your nation...

You know if you wish to read some good stuff about the big business relationship to the dope industry you might delve into the history of the Dutch/British East India Trading Company or the Cuban/Columban dope then cocaine smuggling during the 1980's and the boom of Miami with drug money, drug dealers, crime, murder, prostitution etc. that came with it.  Very intresting read...   ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 12:32:08 AM by MarZutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Cojpe

• Junior JTFer
  • For King and Country
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »

The damage Weed causes in soicety is beyond the individaul. Justifty its use is reckless and stupid.

There are medical benefits, but we are not debating the chemical make up of the drug.

Just its misuse. Supporting any form of Illegal activity is wrong regardless of which form it takes.

We have laws for a reason, to protect the greater good, anything less is fool hardy to go against.

Too much blood is been spilt to maintain the freedoms we have, and going against the country is like spitting in the face of all thats served past present and future.

Its not just a drug its a matter of principal and morales.

Its not a drug really, its a plant and it is very similar with tobacco.
If it is legal it wouldn't be considered as drug at all, cause its not.
Alcohol is much greater danger to society, and alcohol is more similar with drugs than marijuana (cause it is).
I would choose driver high on marijuana than one that is drunk anytime.
Just look, how many alcoholics are on therapy and how many "marijuana addicted" are on therapy?
How many families you know that are broken because of marijuana, howmany because of alcohol?
How many fatal traffic accidents you know that are made becuse of acohol, howmany because of marijuana?
And so on...
I am not some kind of liberal or anything like it but...it's just weed ;)

Excuse my english, I hope you'll get what i meant.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
Just say NO!