Author Topic: To Those Of You who Type in Eboncs...  (Read 28629 times)

Erica

To Those Of You who Type in Eboncs...
« on: September 09, 2007, 01:20:33 AM »
WHY in the HELL do you do that? You do know that I'm the only black person (opposite your views) who is here that doesn't use ebonics to communicate with anyone here, right? What are you trying to prove?

newman

Re: To Those Of You who Type in Eboncs...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 01:29:36 AM »
we isn't tryin' ta prove nuttin', woman. mmmm hmmmm

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 01:43:01 AM »
 :laugh:

Erica

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:43:56 AM »
Don't play around, Newman. If you're going to present this 'intelligent MAN' persona, own up to it and answer the question. I don't want to assume that you're this stupid on a daily basis. Give me something I can work with.

newman

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:48:33 AM »
Don't play around, Newman. If you're going to present this 'intelligent MAN' persona, own up to it and answer the question. I don't want to assume that you're this stupid on a daily basis. Give me something I can work with.
'intelligent MAN' ??

I aint one o' dem, woman. I's ignorant. Da first time I wents to one o' dem fany resteraunts where de' bring dem finger bowls, I says..."hey. We didn'ts order no lemon soup!" mmmm hmmm.

Erica

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:50:35 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

I aint one o' dem, woman. I's ignorant. Da first time I wents to one o' dem fany resteraunts where de' bring dem finger bowls, I says..."hey. We didn'ts order no lemon soup!" mmmm hmmm.

Just as I thought. Totally incapable of carrying on as an intelligent human being...so you resort to talking in ebonics or 'jive' to make black people look stupid. In all actuality though, you're making yourself look like an ass.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:15 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

Just as I thought. Totally incapable of carrying on as an intelligent human being...so you resort to talking in ebonics or 'jive' to make black people look stupid. In all actuality though, you're making yourself look like an donkey.
Always rainin' on da party... I thinks she be white!

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

newman

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 01:57:12 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

Just as I thought. Totally incapable of carrying on as an intelligent human being...so you resort to talking in ebonics or 'jive' to make black people look stupid. In all actuality though, you're making yourself look like an donkey.

She be gittin' uptight, home.

She be startin' up da ebonics thread, den she no want no ebonics!

I cants figure da woman out. mmmm hmmm.

Erica

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 01:59:08 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

She be gittin' uptight, home.

She be startin' up da ebonics thread, den she no want no ebonics!

I cants figure da woman out. mmmm hmmm.
I asked why you did it, not to show me more ignorance, newman. You're impossible.

newman

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 02:04:10 AM »
I asked why you did it, not to show me more ignorance, newman. You're impossible.

I's so ignorant, when a girl tell me she be a lesbian one time, I axe her what part o' Lesbia she be from. mmmm hmmm

Erica

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 02:05:51 AM »

I's so ignorant, when a girl tell me she be a lesbian one time, I axe her what part o' Lesbia she be from. mmmm hmmm
What a [censored] you are.

newman

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 03:32:47 AM »
I'm laughing uncontrollably from this thread.

Whatchu laughin' at, cracker?....mmmm hmmm

Erica

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

Then why don't you use proper grammer?

I DID use proper grammar... your sensor won't let me type A*S *S...as a word. "An" is only correct when the next word begins with  a vowel. Since that word that begins with a vowel was censored, 'donkey' replaced it.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 03:43:54 AM »

;D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

newman

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 03:52:56 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

I DID use proper grammar... your sensor won't let me type A*S *S...as a word. "An" is only correct when the next word begins with  a vowel. Since that word that begins with a vowel was censored, 'donkey' replaced it.

Then why didn't you remove the n when you saw that?

Dis here be de ebonics thread, home. Gramma be some honkey, cracker thang. we don' be playin' dat. mmmm hmmm.

Erica

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 04:00:34 AM »
'intelligent MAN' ??

Then why didn't you remove the n when you saw that?

Why should I have to? This is YOUR site. YOU remove the 'n'. ::) And another thing, if I'd actually gotten away with typing the 'a' word and removed the 'n' as a precaution, you'd bash me on that.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 04:52:31 AM »
Why can't black people learn how to speak correctly, Erica?  There are people in my law school who practically speak in ebonics and you can barely even tell what they're saying.  Why can immigrants come to the U.S. and learn how to speak perfectly (like my Russian friend who moved here 10 years ago and speaks perfectly) but black people can't?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Erica

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 05:04:47 AM »
Why can't black people learn how to speak correctly, Erica?  There are people in my law school who practically speak in ebonics and you can barely even tell what they're saying.  Why can immigrants come to the U.S. and learn how to speak perfectly (like my Russian friend who moved here 10 years ago and speaks perfectly) but black people can't?
Why are you generalizing, once again? Its not as if NO black person speaks proper English.

Second, I've gone through this question before and I was called stupid for bringing the answer to the forefront. Ebonics is similar to slave speak. You heard it in Negro Spirituals, and some speeches. You also heard it from Southern Whites of yester-year. When Africans were 'brought' to America, the ony languages they knew of was from their own land. It would have sounded like Ebonics to anyone who wasn't from where they came from.

WHen they learned to speak broken English to communicate with their masters, they developed a new way of speaking. It wasn't good because it wasn't proper English...it wasn't bad, either because at least they could communicate a little. As for why ebonics is spoken so much now in the black community, I don't know for sure. But I'll offer that the ancestors from the South had something to do with the dumbing down of black society where language is concerned.People were told they couldn't go to school, so they didn't. People were told that they couldn't read, so they didn't. The cycle continues today. I hope to rid our public schools of ebonics..I can start with my class though.

newman

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 05:10:30 AM »
Why are you generalizing, once again? Its not as if NO black person speaks proper English.

By Ze'ev.....: (repeated by Newman)

See here's an example of what I'm saying, this statement of yours shows how you believe we are looking at this issue. We don't say that the action of one person constitutes the action of an entire people. This is the frame of thinking that you use in your example. THe fact that you actually believe that we think that way is sort of ridiculous, I'm actually surprised at it. Let me make our position clearer, obviously you're making an example of us that is grossly exaggerated. We think that when we find many many many many examples of something, which is backed up with empirical evidence, we can legitimately claim that as an issue which has a pervasiveness that is unique in severity and degree to that community. This is how the entire world thinks of ideas and concepts and it is not a new concept to me and newman by any means.

Erica

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 05:21:04 AM »

Second, I've gone through this question before and I was called stupid for bringing the answer to the forefront. Ebonics is similar to slave speak. You heard it in Negro Spirituals, and some speeches. You also heard it from Southern Whites of yester-year. When Africans were 'brought' to America, the ony languages they knew of was from their own land. It would have sounded like Ebonics to anyone who wasn't from where they came from.

WHen they learned to speak broken English to communicate with their masters, they developed a new way of speaking. It wasn't good because it wasn't proper English...it wasn't bad, either because at least they could communicate a little. As for why ebonics is spoken so much now in the black community, I don't know for sure. But I'll offer that the ancestors from the South had something to do with the dumbing down of black society where language is concerned.People were told they couldn't go to school, so they didn't. People were told that they couldn't read, so they didn't. The cycle continues today. I hope to rid our public schools of ebonics..I can start with my class though.

So at least you agree with JTF that Ebonics is a problem.

I've always thought it was a problem. What YOU think isn't at the forefront of my thoughts day in and day out of my life. You do know I had/ have a life before I came to this site, don't you.

Erica

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 05:48:50 AM »
Then why isn't black culture as a whole a problem? Isn't Ebonics just a part of that culture? Saying Ebonics is a problem without saying the cause of it is a problem is like saying terrorism is a problem without saying the ideology of Islam that's behind the terrorist is the cause of the problem.

Black culture AS A WHOLE is not a problem because not ALL of black culture is representative of a problem. I presented the cause of it, and gave you what I knew of it and what I was taught about it. That didn't answer your question?

How many black familes have you visited, Yacov? What do you know about them? What are their interests? Are there any special things you like or don't like about what you saw? What?

Erica

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 07:07:36 AM »
Newman, or anyone else, you don't have a real reason for typing in Ebonics, do you? Its just to show that you can be just as ignorant as a black person with no idea of how to speak English. You've proven your point, now act like the REAL you.

newman

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 07:12:13 AM »
Newman, or anyone else, you don't have a real reason for typing in Ebonics, do you? Its just to show that you can be just as ignorant as a black person with no idea of how to speak English. You've proven your point, now act like the REAL you.

No Erica.

It's to poke fun at bad people.(NOT YOU)

Like folks at Israel National Radio talk in funny arab accents sometimes.

Erica

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 07:15:53 AM »

No Erica.

There are no bad black people here. Why bring it here?

newman

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »

No Erica.

There are no bad black people here. Why bring it here?

There are no muslims here but we still poke fun at them.