Author Topic: Favorite Horror Movies?  (Read 7527 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Favorite Horror Movies?
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:26:42 PM »
Do you like them?  And if so, what is your favorite?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Kiwi

Re: Favorite Horror Movies?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
I love them  :D :D
The Fly....................... all time classic
The hill's have eyes....... all the parts
Hellraiser..................... all the parts to that
Children of the Corn....... all the parts

I also love B grade Horrors  :::D

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »
LOVE them!

I love zombie movies and Stephen King...pet semetary ;)
Ill watch anything scary way too much fun!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:13:03 PM »
Hills Have Eyes I enjoyed.  Also grew up on the ridiculous Friday the 13th films, but still like them for some reason.  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre films were pretty good too, and the Hostel movies, and Wolf Creek.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 10:31:48 PM »
 quite like them. But haven't seen too many  :::D :::D

mmm...Signs was pretty good in the beginning.

I don't like horror films that are pathetic, in terms of zombies, vampires and such.

You all HAVE to watch this!!!!!!!! :::D

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »
Yes, I don't like horror films that have no basis in reality, like monsters, etc.  I'll take a good serial killer.  Also, if you consider Jaws a horror film, I enjoyed that one, even though I don't like Spielberg that much.

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 10:39:36 PM »
Shaun of the dead....my VERY favorite O0

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
Yes, I don't like horror films that have no basis in reality, like monsters, etc.  I'll take a good serial killer.  Also, if you consider Jaws a horror film, I enjoyed that one, even though I don't like Spielberg that much.
Yes exactly!

I trust you watched that link i provided......or else.....(evil smily)....

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
the exorcist

But i never saw it before...i own it on DVD..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
Psycho, The Birds, Aliens, and The Leprechaun series.   ;)
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
Earlier ones of Nightmare on Elm Street.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 12:39:10 AM »

I don't like horror films that are pathetic, in terms of zombies, vampires and such.

I recognized this the second I started watching it and closed the screen since I know EXACTLY what will happen! I have a strong stomach. But these shockers are the one thing I have a hard time watching, even when I've seen it before and know what's gonna happen!

What's a really good one to view and give a try if you dare is the scary monster maze at http://winterrowd.com/maze/

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 12:48:04 AM »
I'm not particularly a big fan of horror films that involve a lot of blood and gore. For me, the best horror films are the ones that aren't too graphic, but that shock and startle the heck out of you. Sam Raimi is a master of this! I found Boogyman to be one of the scariest films by him. I find the Japenese psychological horror films to be among some of the scariest. They are not graphic, but will startle and scare the you-know-what out of you, movies like The Grudge and The Ring. I hear One Missed Call is also supposed to be a Japanese remake which looks extremely terrifying!

I sometimes make a joke that we do for Japanese horror films what they do for our electronic appliances. They imitate our electronic appliances and improve upon them. We take their Japanese horror films, and remake them and improve upon them :)

This past summer, I also saw 1408 which is one of the scariest psychological horror films I've ever seen. It had me screaming in shock a few times, at the embarrassment of me and the amusement of my date :)

The Sixth Sense certainly has it's scary moments and has BY FAR the greatest surprise ending of any movie ever!

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »

I recognized this the second I started watching it and closed the screen since I know EXACTLY what will happen! I have a strong stomach. But these shockers are the one thing I have a hard time watching, even when I've seen it before and know what's gonna happen!

What's a really good one to view and give a try if you dare is the scary monster maze at http://winterrowd.com/maze/

:::D Yes, these things are soo interesting, i mean, you are relaxed in all, expecting it, but not quite expecting it like that :::D :::D

Thanks so much for that game, once playing it, one's hand will NEVER be able to be that accurate again (with the shaking)  :::D :::D
It's good, because now i can catch the family without them suspecting it to be something like that :::D :::D
Thanks again!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:15 AM »

:::D Yes, these things are soo interesting, i mean, you are relaxed in all, expecting it, but not quite expecting it like that :::D :::D

Thanks so much for that game, once playing it, one's hand will NEVER be able to be that accurate again (with the shaking)  :::D :::D
It's good, because now i can catch the family without them suspecting it to be something like that :::D :::D
Thanks again!

No problem :)  You can also check out some reaction videos on youtube that show people !@#$ing their pants while playing this game, including a little boy who plays it and gets scared !@#$less and cries his eyes out. It's funny, yet I think it also borders on child abuse  :-\

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mFN-liGURPI

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 01:00:03 AM »
Here is a very good Horror-movie-website:

http://www.tierhorror.de

P.S.:

The most movies there are very silly.  :::D

I.e.:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:02:44 AM by Golden Pheasant »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 01:05:43 AM »
down of the dead
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 01:26:45 AM »
ah man, that was faaaantastic!!!!

I absolutely love scaring people!

Skippy, this is justr for you lol 

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »
1. Rosemary's Baby
2. Jaws- saw it when i was 5, was so afraid of watr i refused to even take a shower.
3. When a stranger calls- Again, stick with the original, not the horrid remakes.
4. Psycho
5. Dracula- watch the original with Bela Lagossi, avoid the Francis Ford Coppola remake at all costs!
6. The Omen
7. Running Man- never sat through the whole thing cause it was so terrifying!
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Kiwi

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 03:32:59 AM »

Kiwi

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 03:33:39 AM »
ah man, that was faaaantastic!!!!

I absolutely love scaring people!

Skippy, this is justr for you lol 

Thanks Boere  O0

Kiwi

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 03:34:33 AM »
I like ANYTHING with Vincent Price.
Even though the endings are usually always full of it and not good, I LOVE watching Vincent Price any day!

Yes a great actor

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »
Bela Lugosi  8)

O0
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 09:18:27 AM »
Psycho part 2 is my favorite horror movie.  When he kills his mother at the breakfast table with a shovel, cause she asked him to pass the cereal, that really blew my mind.

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »
Gruzinit,
Avoid the Francis Ford Coppola remake at all costs!
? ??

But I like Gary Oldman in it. He was great as Dracula, and he looked sooooo good with his LONG dark hair. And they were drinking absinthe in it.

But I feel that everyone else sucked in that movie. Winona Ryder AND Keanu Reeves RUINED It for me, them and their horrible accents!

While Gary's performance is commendable, his accent reminded me of that vampire on sesame street, same goes for the rest of the cast, just horrid accents!!!
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers