Author Topic: Rabbi Ovadia Yosef question (NOT a flame)  (Read 15116 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Rabbi Ovadia Yosef question (NOT a flame)
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2008, 11:04:42 PM »
lubab I wouldnt have expected that from you. Dont be influenced by the scum who like to talk sh*t agains't a Rabbi, just so that they psychologically can justify their evil actions. They probably convince themselves that they can break Shabbat, have immoral relationships with a goya and do other evil things + to add the fact that they curse a Gadol Hador, just becuase a Rav said something some time ago that can be interpreted as him supporting the leftists. Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita is not giving away land right now, nor is he saying that we should, the fact that Shas is in the government would be just as bad as anyone (Kahanist or anyone else) being in the Israeli Kanesset.
+ Lubab lets not talk about excommunicating Rabbis, if anything the Lubavitch would be #1 on the list.

Picking and commenting about who is and who isn't a good Rav is up to the community and the Hachamim in it. In the case with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Shlita it is up to the Religious Sefaradim and not any outsiders.

Tzvi, after I heard Chaim discuss Sir Yosef about a year ago at length, their is nothing you can say to whitewash the actions of this terrorist monster. To have the chutzpa and criticize six million jews who were slaughtered shows what in immoral, subhuman sodomite this well dressed hunk is. Was he the one who said that Israeli soldiers who were killed deserved to be cause they weren't "frum." Yimach shmo
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »
lubab I wouldnt have expected that from you. Dont be influenced by the scum who like to talk sh*t agains't a Rabbi, just so that they psychologically can justify their evil actions. They probably convince themselves that they can break Shabbat, have immoral relationships with a goya and do other evil things + to add the fact that they curse a Gadol Hador, just becuase a Rav said something some time ago that can be interpreted as him supporting the leftists. Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita is not giving away land right now, nor is he saying that we should, the fact that Shas is in the government would be just as bad as anyone (Kahanist or anyone else) being in the Israeli Kanesset.
+ Lubab lets not talk about excommunicating Rabbis, if anything the Lubavitch would be #1 on the list.

Picking and commenting about who is and who isn't a good Rav is up to the community and the Hachamim in it. In the case with Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Shlita it is up to the Religious Sefaradim and not any outsiders.

Tzvi, after I heard Chaim discuss Sir Yosef about a year ago at length, their is nothing you can say to whitewash the actions of this terrorist monster. To have the chutzpa and criticize six million jews who were slaughtered shows what in immoral, subhuman sodomite this well dressed hunk is. Was he the one who said that Israeli soldiers who were killed deserved to be cause they weren't "frum." Yimach shmo
You can never say Y"S about a Jew.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2008, 11:10:32 PM »

Yes you can. Chaim just said yemach shmo about Joey"kike" Lieberman last week.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »
I dont know if you understood, but what I meant was the gadol Hador (referring to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Shlita), and why would excommunication be suggested.
 About lubavitch, it cannot be denied that many of them belive that their previous DEAD Rabbi will come back to life (or actually he isn't dead, like they say), and he is the moshiah, etc. Their are many parelles between them and the followers of yeshu, and also many other false messiahs. I dont know if its all the lubavitchers, the majority or a significant amount, but their still are many who are even open about it.

Yeah. But that's a perfectly legitimate belief in the eyes of the Torah, don't you know?
See  www.moshiachfacts.com and read and learn what the Torah actually says instead of just criticizing people because they are doing something similar to Christianity. If we go down that road we might as well just throw out the whole concept of Moshiach because the Christians believe in that stuff too.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2008, 11:21:33 PM »
dwi- you are nuts, and like the israeli media you twist the truth and logic just "to get him". You have deep psychological problems and I belive that you probably are a lost case by now. Just because you repeat your slander wont change the truth, but will only add to your Hell, may it come quickly to you soon.
 Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita has a right and an obligation to talk about different issues including the question about the Holocaust and other things. The fact that it offends you, I and he doesn't care, the truth is the truth, and it is needed to explain things. Obviously him saying anything would be taken negativly by the likes of drek like you.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2008, 11:23:54 PM »
Can we please refrain from cursing any Jew on this forum?

I'm really getting sick of it...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 11:25:23 PM »
I dont know if you understood, but what I meant was the gadol Hador (referring to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef Shlita), and why would excommunication be suggested.
 About lubavitch, it cannot be denied that many of them belive that their previous DEAD Rabbi will come back to life (or actually he isn't dead, like they say), and he is the moshiah, etc. Their are many parelles between them and the followers of yeshu, and also many other false messiahs. I dont know if its all the lubavitchers, the majority or a significant amount, but their still are many who are even open about it.

Yeah. But that's a perfectly legitimate belief in the eyes of the Torah, don't you know?
See  www.moshiachfacts.com and read and learn what the Torah actually says instead of just criticizing people because they are doing something similar to Christianity. If we go down that road we might as well just throw out the whole concept of Moshiach because the Christians believe in that stuff too.

Actually I have read something similar to that affect, but then according to that ANYone can be Moshiah, after the mention here today on this subject I have gone to Israel613.com and did see some videos of the lubavitchers and also some of the material their, and again it is shown agains't the madness that was created.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28:10 PM »

Actually I have read something similar to that affect, but then according to that ANYone can be Moshiah, after the mention here today on this subject I have gone to Israel613.com and did see some videos of the lubavitchers and also some of the material their, and again it is shown agains't the madness that was created.

I'm not endorsing any website or viewpoints other than the one I just pointed out to you.

There are plenty of nuts. But don't let that distract you.

The RAMBAM outlines the criteria a Moshiach must meet and it does NOT include everyone who died at all.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 11:28:32 PM »
dwi- you are nuts, and like the israeli media you twist the truth and logic just "to get him". You have deep psychological problems and I belive that you probably are a lost case by now. Just because you repeat your slander wont change the truth, but will only add to your Hell, may it come quickly to you soon.
 Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita has a right and an obligation to talk about different issues including the question about the Holocaust and other things. The fact that it offends you, I and he doesn't care, the truth is the truth, and it is needed to explain things. Obviously him saying anything would be taken negativly by the likes of drek like you.

Well here everyone bear witness to a viscous personal attack against me even though I have been very respectful of tzvi and I was careful to discuss shas without attacking him. Tzvi for you to go and slander a wonderful group of people like lubavitch because they see something different than you is pure evil and pathetic. I guess if you say someone is lost or whatever the hell you said, it must be indeed the case. Anyhow, Lubavitch has very valild reasons for believing that their rebbe was mashiach. He fulfilled all the requirement of what the mashiach was to accomplish. Their is a reason why lubavitch is so loved all across the world and why they recieve more financial support than any other jewish group. It's because they love jews no matter what. That is why they get all their money legally but your sexually deviant pedophile masquerading around as a rabbi needs to steal all the money he gets and wipe smolmerts tuchis for gelt.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 11:29:56 PM »

No you can't!  Just because Chaim said it - that doesn't make it right!  Chaim is not a Posek!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
Tzvi, may you burn in hell for supporting a thief who threw chaim ben pesach out of israel and met arafet the same day. I repeat, may ovadia yosefs name and memory be obliterated.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »

I am not an authority to speak on this issue about Rabbi Schneerson.  All I can say is that he was one amazing human being..and I'll leave it at that. Moshiach? I have no clue, it really doesn't matter...I would rather err thinking it wasn't him than to err to think it was.  However, bottom line, he was a great great great man.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

No you can't!  Just because Chaim said it - that doesn't make it right!  Chaim is not a Posek!

Odkahanechai, I saw tzvi curse me viscously just a few posts up so lets address that if we don't want cursing here.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »

Well here everyone bear witness to a viscous personal attack against me even though I have been very respectful of tzvi and I was careful to discuss shas without attacking him. Tzvi for you to go and slander a wonderful group of people like lubavitch because they see something different than you is pure evil and pathetic. I guess if you say someone is lost or whatever the hell you said, it must be indeed the case. Anyhow, Lubavitch has very valild reasons for believing that their rebbe was mashiach. He fulfilled all the requirement of what the mashiach was to accomplish. Their is a reason why lubavitch is so loved all across the world and why they recieve more financial support than any other jewish group. It's because they love jews no matter what. That is why they get all their money legally but your sexually deviant pedophile masquerading around as a rabbi needs to steal all the money he gets and wipe smolmerts tuchis for gelt.

You attacked a Sefardi Gadol Hador, that would be worse then if you personally had attacked me, so of course I hate you. And you claim to be a respectful person. You are scumm.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2008, 11:32:57 PM »

Ovadia yosef doesn't speak truth..he's just giving his opinion...His opinion can be dangerous to the life of fellow Jews.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:36:36 PM by Dr. Dan »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:20 PM »

You attacked a Sefaradi Gadol Hador, that would be worse then if you personally had attacked me, so of course I hate you. And you claim to be a respectful person. You are scumm.

Any man who is nicer to arafat than to dead israeli soldiers is scum. And anyone who supports him is scum. And learn to spell tzvi. You claim you are in Queens college but your literary skills are about congo level.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2008, 11:36:06 PM »

You attacked a Sefaradi Gadol Hador, that would be worse then if you personally had attacked me, so of course I hate you. And you claim to be a respectful person. You are scumm.

Awww silly Jews...this is it what we are going to resort to once we defeat the muzzies?  Jews hating each other and cursing one another? No wonder Israel is doomed and no wonder so many of us die each generation unnecessarily!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
I believe the mere fact that tzvi defends the group who threw Chaim out OF Israel merits a banning. How can he be so arrogant to come on here and shove ovadia and shas down our throats when they consider our leader to be lower than arafat?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »

Ovadia yosef doesn't speak truth..he's just giving his opinion...His opinion can be dangerous to the life of fellow Jews.

I agree with you completely dan.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
I believe the mere fact that tzvi defends the group who threw Chaim out OF Israel merits a banning. How can he be so arrogant to come on here and shove ovadia and shas down our throats when they consider our leader to be lower than arafat?

sometimes forcing your point of view down someone else's throat will only make them dislike what you want them to eat more...that goes for both Tzvi and DWI.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:03 PM »

Who gave you the right to viciously attach the Rav? Im not shoving anything down your throat, nor am I telling you to support Shas, but what you write about the Rav and the way you address him with no respect, and with vicious curses deserves you being Karet (if you aren't allready) from the Jewish people.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »

sometimes forcing your point of view down someone else's throat will only make them dislike what you want them to eat more...that goes for both Tzvi and DWI.

That is true but here I am criticizing the skunk who endangers jewish life to buy his fancy clothes and who knows what else. So I need to be forceful. Tzvi on the other hand is supporting drek so its not equal at all.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
Okay guys. This is getting a little out of hand.

I'm locking it so people can cool off.

This will go nowhere good.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2008, 04:58:18 PM »

The idea of a resurrected Moshiach has been rejected by every major Gaon, Rishon and Acharon.

The Ramban said clearly in the Disputation at Barcelona in 1298 that there is room whatsoever for the idea of a resurrected Moshiach.

Maimonides is equally clear in the last two chapters of the Mishne Torah.

Your quoting of stray midrashim does not prove a thing.

I read your article on that site called "Set the Record Straight."

You say that the Moshiach is a Halakhic issue and should be treated as such, then you proceed to quote midrashim and not one halakhic source.

The most important Halakhic source is the last two chapters of the Mishne Torah in which Maimonides makes it perfectly clear that the Moshiach will NOT be resurrected. I don't know how you can learn those chapters every year and still beleive in a resurrected Moshiach.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:03:27 PM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »

The idea of a resurrected Moshiach has been rejected by every major Gaon, Rishon and Acharon.

The Ramban said clearly in the Disputation at Barcelona in 1298 that there is room whatsoever for the idea of a resurrected Moshiach.

Maimonides is equally clear in the last two chapters of the Mishne Torah.

Your quoting of stray midrashim does not prove a thing.

I read your article on that site called "Set the Record Straight."

You say that the Moshiach is a Halakhic issue and should be treated as such, then you proceed to quote midrashim and not one halakhic source.

The most important Halakhic source is the last two chapters of the Mishne Torah in which Maimonides makes it perfectly clear that the Moshiach will NOT be resurrected. I don't know how you can learn those chapters every year and still beleive in a resurrected Moshiach.

I am very familiar with those chapters JudeanonCapta and would be happy to discuss them and how they SUPPORT and do not contradict the notion of a ressurected Moshiach.

Please tell me the exact words you see in the Rambam (his halacha sefer, written after his Igeret Teiman and therefore is more authoritative) which you think preclude the belief that Moshiach can be ressurected and let's get this discussion started.

P.S. Your statement that it has been rejected by "every major Gaon Rishon and Acharon", is backed up with sources?
I can show you some pretty interesting sources from the Vilna Gaon which support this notion.

First of all, Rishonim and Acharonim cannot argue with a clear Gemarah like the one on Sanhedrin 98:B (see Rashi's first interpretation there).
The Abarbanel and Sdei Chemed both say clearly that Moshiach can be ressurected, so I really don't know where you get the basis for that blanket statement. The Sdei Chemed says this in his HALACH sefer called Peas Sadeh, so I'm really not sure where you are coming from here.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:08:35 PM by lubab »