Author Topic: What's Your Idea of the Perfect Day?  (Read 7172 times)

Offline Tina Greco - Melbourne

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: What's Your Idea of the Perfect Day?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
Skippy, how can you value an animal more than your family, friends and even yourself? Are you a vegan? If not.... no aim to offend, but I find it silly to give one's life for a pet, and eat meat. What's the difference between a pet and cattle?
And G-d commanded men to take care of animals, not to make them suffer and Noah was also commnded to keep each species in the Ark. But He does not command us to give our lives for one animal, nor to love it more than a human being. The Torah says "VeAhavtah lere'acha Kamocha", note it says "Re'acha" not "Behemtecha"

Very simple the more I see of human nature, the more I love animals.

Honestly and loyalty are most highly regarded by me, few people have these traits.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 06:02:26 PM »
You can love animals and care for them but you can never relate the honesty and loyalty of an animal to that of a human and say that a human has less.

I would say that even if an animal was say 100% honest, even 10% of that honesty in a human is worth more. Animals have been designed to have loyal characters, some, whereas it takes effort of a human to achieve it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »
You can love animals and care for them but you can never relate the honesty and loyalty of an animal to that of a human and say that a human has less.

I would say that even if an animal was say 100% honest, even 10% of that honesty in a human is worth more. Animals have been designed to have loyal characters, some, whereas it takes effort of a human to achieve it.

Animals are not designed to be loyal, they are designed to follow a pecking order.

Take Ants and Bees for example, complex social struture of millions, working together. Name one country one people that even comes close.............you can't because they Don't exist.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »

Animals are not designed to be loyal, they are designed to follow a pecking order.

Take Ants and Bees for example, complex social struture of millions, working together. Name one country one people that even comes close.............you can't because they Don't exist.

They don't exist because they have to achieve it themselves whereas the animals have been designed physically and mentally to work together yes and when fed and cared for they become loyal. They have been designed in the context  that their limits to free-will make them less rebellious and only follow natural inclinations and instincts that their bodies determine.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »

They don't exist because they have to achieve it themselves whereas the animals have been designed physically and mentally to work together yes and when fed and cared for they become loyal. They have been designed in the context  that their limits to free-will make them less rebellious and only follow natural inclinations and instincts that their bodies determine.

It doesn't exist because humans are naturally aggressive.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
Human Beings are animals, lol. :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »

Yes some more than others, thats why I only like a few  :::D

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »
Are you a vegetarian, Skippy? If you eat meat, there is a problem.....Let's see... you love animals more than your human friends.... if you eat animals, then what's left for your friends whom you love less?????? And what about other prople who are not your relatives or friends?????? I wouldn't like to meet you, you might kill me!!!!!!!  :laugh:

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 10:09:24 PM »
1. To be able to see the forum visits record broken.
2. To learn that Fidel Castro has become worm food.
3. To do very well for the day's studies in college.
4. To be asked out by a nice young lady who looks like the one depicted in my sig.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »
You want to be asked out by a cartoon? :::D

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
You want to be asked out by a cartoon? :::D

No, by a real person who has certain attributes like the one depicted.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »
Are you a vegetarian, Skippy? If you eat meat, there is a problem.....Let's see... you love animals more than your human friends.... if you eat animals, then what's left for your friends whom you love less?????? And what about other prople who are not your relatives or friends?????? I wouldn't like to meet you, you might kill me!!!!!!!  :laugh:

LOL Raul you can rest happy knowing I will not eat you,  :::D :::D.

I have a farm yes, I don't kill my animals to eat them, I go to the butcher. No I am not a vegetatian, yes I wear real fur and leather.

We are all apart of a circle of life, that is the natural order of things. Humans are both plant and meat eaters that is what we are designed for.

But you bring me a lamb and say raise until it is fat, then we kill it,  I SAY NO WAY, I will fight you till the end.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:59:00 PM by Skippy »

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2008, 09:36:56 AM »
Skippy, how can you value an animal more than your family, friends and even yourself? Are you a vegan? If not.... no aim to offend, but I find it silly to give one's life for a pet, and eat meat. What's the difference between a pet and cattle?
And G-d commanded men to take care of animals, not to make them suffer and Noah was also commnded to keep each species in the Ark. But He does not command us to give our lives for one animal, nor to love it more than a human being. The Torah says "VeAhavtah lere'acha Kamocha", note it says "Re'acha" not "Behemtecha"

Very simple the more I see of human nature, the more I love animals.

Honestly and loyalty are most highly regarded by me, few people have these traits.

Yes. But animals do this out of instinct, not out of their free will.
Unlike humans. We have more potential for bad, but we have more potential for doing good too. Our good is a real good because we do it out of free choice. It is a higher level of soul in that regard, and the higher they are the harder they can fall. But none of this is any reason why you should risk your life (a human soul) for an animal (an instinctive, animal soul who is just there to serve the human souls).

The animals were created to help humans. If we value them more than us, we are perverting the order of creation.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »

Dogs definitely have souls, cute, tail wagging, smiling, souls, and I'm sure the good ones get into heaven.  :)
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2008, 09:02:57 PM »

Dogs definitely have souls, cute, tail wagging, smiling, souls, and I'm sure the good ones get into heaven.  :)

All dogs go to heaven they are all G-ds creatures.  :)

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 09:13:47 PM »
The animals were created to help humans. If we value them more than us, we are perverting the order of creation.

We are created to help the animals.
And no I don't ever believe I am a pervert for protecting them, helping them, and saving them.

They are nurtured, allowed to have a good quality of life in my hands, I can't see how G-d would condemn me for that.

I ask no other to do as I do. 

I no more believe animals are evil than a new born child.

If this means G-d will reject me from entering heaven, then so be it. I could not bear the thought of loving G-ds creations as being wrong.

Or standing back and allowing the abuse and evil of man to go on about me, and forcing me to do nothing.

I prefer to be dead than live a enslaved soulless life.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 09:36:13 PM »

And no I don't ever believe I am a pervert for protecting them, helping them, and saving them.

They are nurtured, allowed to have a good quality of life in my hands, I can't see how G-d would condemn me for that.

If this means G-d will reject me from entering heaven, then so be it. I could not bear the thought of loving G-ds creations as being wrong.

Or standing back and allowing the abuse and evil of man to go on about me, and forcing me to do nothing.

Not at all Skippy. I think you completely misunderstood. Not everything is a package deal in this world.
Just because I said animals have a more limited level of free choice and therfore a lower level of soul, does NOT mean they are evil.

Animals in many ways are better than humans and we have an obligation never to harm them needlessly.

It is not a sin to care for animals, it's a wonderful thing. But when you value them more than human life, then things have simply gone out of proportion.

However, man was NOT created to serve the animals. If the animals were leading us the human race would all be dead pretty fast.

It's the other way around. Animals can do things we can't like plow a field all day...for instance. Each creation has it's own unique purpose. When each one fulfills it's mission, then that's pure good.

P.S. Perverted doesn't mean a "pervert" in the sexual sense of the word. Look it up. It just means things have gone out of whack.
G-d created man last, and he went UP in levels as he created stuff.

There is a certain order to this creation, a certain reason why G-d created some things before others, and we need to be aware of this order if the world is to function properly.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:38:40 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 09:38:38 PM »

Not at all Skippy. I think you completely misunderstood. Not everything is a package deal in this world.
Just because I said animals have a more limited level of free choice and therfore a lower level of soul, does NOT mean they are evil.

Animals in many ways are better than humans and we have an obligation never to harm them needlessly.

It is not a sin to care for animals, it's a wonderful thing. But when you value them more than human life, then things have simply gone out of proportion.

However, man was NOT created to serve the animals. It's the other way around. Animals can do things we can't like plow a field all day...for instance. Each creation has it's own unique purpose. When each one fulfills it's mission, then that's pure good.

Serve?? I never said serve.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »

However, man was NOT created to serve the animals. It's the other way around. Animals can do things we can't like plow a field all day...for instance. Each creation has it's own unique purpose. When each one fulfills it's mission, then that's pure good.

Serve?? I never said serve.

You said "help"=serve, no?

Helping the animals is NOT our purpose in creation. We have a lot more to do than that. They are here to help us.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2008, 09:49:15 PM »

Helping the animals is NOT our purpose in creation. We have a lot more to do than that. They are here to help us.

Not there i come from mate, help and serve are two different things.

Help
Definition: To furnish with strength or means for the successful performance of any action or the attainment of any object; to aid; to assist; as, to help a man in his work; to help one to remember; the following infinitive is commonly used without to; as, "Help me scale yon balcony."

Serve
Definition: The performance of work or duties for a superior or as a servant

I never said it was our sole duty, but is apart of it, everyone has a role, you can't have all leaders and no workers, its called delegation.

And mine is with the protection and helping of G-ds creatures.

Your role is different to mine, as a rabbi you are  people focused.

I don't disrespect you for your choice in life.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »

Good to hear ;D O0

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »

Good to hear ;D O0

Don't worry you are one of them  ^-^ ;)

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »

Help
Definition: To furnish with strength or means for the successful performance of any action or the attainment of any object; to aid; to assist; as, to help a man in his work; to help one to remember; the following infinitive is commonly used without to; as, "Help me scale yon balcony."

Serve

I never said it was our sole duty, but is apart of it, everyone has a role, you can't have all leaders and no workers, its called delegation.

Wrong. I am a Jew first and foremost. My goal is to elevate ALL of creation including the animals to their purpose for which they were created. That is my job description.

It's good you take care of them, just remember who is supposed to be leading who.

Animals generally do okay without human assistance. Usually it's when humans get involved we mess it up.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »

Help

Serve

Wrong. I am a Jew first and foremost. My goal is to elevate ALL of creation including the animals to their purpose for which they were created. That is my job description.

It's good you take care of them, just remember who is supposed to be leading who.

Animals generally do okay without human assistance. Usually it's when humans get involved we mess it up.

I never forget who is my leader

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »
The Perfect Day would be no to wake up one day and there are no muSSlims and no iSSlam anymore O0 O0 O0