Author Topic: Dershowitz keeps defending Spitzer  (Read 4458 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Dershowitz keeps defending Spitzer
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
The "brilliant" Dershowitz went on CNN a couple nights ago and was insisting it was all a conspiracy.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Dershowitz keeps defending Spitzer
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:28:42 PM »
The Derhowitz is atention whore, he braged that he woud be able to defend and aquit Shitler, I wish he woud do something for righteus Jews like Polard or Chaim becouse he's d... good lawyer nethertheless.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:31:07 PM by Ultra Requete »
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
The Derhowitz is atention whore, he braged that he woud be able to defend and aquit Shitler, I wish he woud do something for righteus Jews like Polard or Chaim becouse he's d... good lawyer nethertheless.

So you think Dershowitz is brilliant, despite the fact that he thinks Spitzer is not guilty?

I think there can be right or wrong answers to law situations and in this case, the position of Dershowitz is clearly wrong.  Dershowitz's credibility among other lawyers should be damaged.  But they probably all love him.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

So you think Dershowitz is brilliant, despite the fact that he thinks Spitzer is not guilty?

I think there can be right or wrong answers to law situations and in this case, the position of Dershowitz is clearly wrong.  Dershowitz's credibility among other lawyers should be damaged.  But they probably all love him.

Being intelectualy briliant and good profesioanal in law don't equate with being moraly right... or wrong; and OJ Simpson case proved that law and justice are not always the same in US courts. Chaim needs a briliant lawyer who'll work not for money but for fame becouse the jury in Israel will be biased against him.

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:56 PM »
Dershowitz is a slimebag, he always was
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
Dershowitz is a piece of Animal feces. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 05:19:46 PM »
I saw him on Glenn Beck's show a few weeks ago... he appeared to be saying something that the IDF should take tougher measures against the Arab terrorist or civilians who attack the Jewish people there. I was surprised he said that because I thought of him as a spineless vermin.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
Re:  Dershowitz..."I was surprised he said that because I thought of him as a spineless vermin..."

He's probably just now awakening to "which side of his bread gets the butter".

I will only believe Dershowitz when he publicly states "Rabbi Meir Kahane was RIGHT!"

Dershowitz went to great lengths in public debate with Rabbi Kahane to discredit him as someone who was prejudiced against Arab Terrorists, and denounced Kahane for not assuming that each and every Arab within and without Israel was to be considered a trusted friend unless a court of law could prove otherwise.

It is only in the last decade, when Dershowitz's leftist allies suddenly embraced the "Death to Zionism" platform, that he found himself backed into the corner and denounced by his former friends; exactly as he once did to Rabbi Kahane.

Well...well...well...now "the shoe's on the other foot".

What is undeniable about Dershowitz, as clearly stated with admiration by Rabbi Kahane, is that he has been gifted with a truly brilliant mind.

He'd better 'wake up and smell the coffee' before he ends up as a lampshade in Obama's living room.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 12:27:22 AM »
Dershowitz is a superkike.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:35:46 AM »
Dershowitz has also called for legalizing prostitution, in defense of his pal spitzer.  It just shows what a great Jewish mind will degenerate into without proper focus onto Torah and channeling through Torah values like we've been designed for.  Dershowitz has shown time and time again exactly what it means to be a liberalist:  To have a TWISTED morality.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:26:18 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 01:23:47 AM »
Re:  "...So you think Dershowitz is brilliant, despite the fact that he thinks Spitzer is not guilty?..."

Spitzer is by law innocent until proven guilty.

If you are going to hire an attorney to defend you in court, are you going to hire one who goes around announcing that he thinks you're guilty?   :P

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »
Conspiracy?

Of whom?

Perhaps of the music-industry to place the song of the whore in the charts  :::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »
I have to admit that Dershowitz has a point here. Prostitution is not a good thing, but it does not violate the Noahide laws for gentiles and is not as big of a sin as it has been made out to be. The severe sin it has been made out to be is an import from Christianity.

In Judaism we know that Moshiach was born from the union of Yehuda (a Noahide) and a prostitute (Tamar).

Now I know someone will say: isn't that adultery (violates Noahide laws) and the answer is no.

Adultery according to the Noahide laws is when a man has sex with a married woman.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:40:40 PM by Lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »
I have to admit that Dershowitz has a point here. Prostitution is not a good thing, but it does not violate the Noahide laws for gentiles and is not as big of a sin as it has been made out to be. The severe sin it has been made out to be is an import from Christianity.

In Judaism we know that Moshiach was born from the union of Yehuda (a Noahide) and a prostitute (Tamar).

Now I know someone will say: isn't that adultery (violates Noahide laws) and the answer is no.

Adultery according to the Noahide laws is when a man has sex with a married woman.

I don't know. Spitzer  is married. He broke the marriage. So it is in my eyes clearly adultery.  :-\
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »

I don't know. Spitzer  is married. He broke the marriage. So it is in my eyes clearly adultery.  :-\

Luckily these thing are not decided by what it is in YOUR eyes or MY eyes. Luckily G-d gave us a book that tells us the laws.

I do sympathize with what you are saying. It is a betrayal of his wife because this behavior is not accepted in this soceity. But I'm just saying it's not the capital crime everyone makes it out to be.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
Dershowitz is currently visiting Israel in an attempt to convince Israeli lawmakers that there should be a new way of thinking about the civilian/terrorist dichotomy.  He is claiming that the UN's definitions of civilian and terrorist are antiquated and that the UN should adopt new guidelines distinguishing terrorists from civilians that takes into account the modern reality of so called "civilians" who give up their homes to terrorists or who transport or aid terrorists.  He is adopting a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a newborn baby and 10 being a terrorist launching a Katyusha rocket.  If this argument is successful and convinces the UN, this will be a great help to Israel because the UN will not recognize those who aid terrorists as civilians, and this could have a positive effect on people of the world's perception of the difference between terrorists and TRUE civilians.  This is one of the biggest areas of reform that the UN has needed, and after Dershowitz set out on this mission I don't think he's that much of a scumbag anymore.  I don't see anyone else out there doing this.  If he's willing to go out there and put his reputation on the line for the betterment of Israel, I think he should be at least commended for this. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 04:03:47 PM »

Luckily these thing are not decided by what it is in YOUR eyes or MY eyes. Luckily G-d gave us a book that tells us the laws.

I do sympathize with what you are saying. It is a betrayal of his wife because this behavior is not accepted in this soceity. But I'm just saying it's not the capital crime everyone makes it out to be.

Ok  :(

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »

There is more to the Noachide laws than the simple reading.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »

Explain.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 05:38:34 PM »

Explain.

Come on, you're Lubavitch.  I've witnessed in person a lubavitch guy explain to a goy about the noachide laws but saying that there is much more to them than just the basics as listed.  The chabad.org site says similar.

Just like our commandments don't make sense as a simple list.  There is always explanation.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 05:39:25 PM »
Plus spitzer is a Jew, isn't he?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »
Plus spitzer is a Jew, isn't he?

Is he? I don't know if he is a Jew can anyone answer that?

Um...I know I am Lubavitch but I am afraid that even Lubavtichers sometimes misunderstand the Noahide laws. Most have not studied them in depth. There are a few Lubavithcers who do study them in depth and those are the few who emphasize that while there is explanation there are still only 7 laws and 6 of them are negative commandments. At the end of the day they don't need to be like Jews, they just need to focus on NOT breaking those very specific 7 laws. They can do more if they want to be extra pious, but people often confuse things that are done for piety and assume them to be obligations and this is a mistake that could lead to other problems.

P.S. Even if Spitzer was a Jew this would not be considered adultery and would not be a capital offense. The punishment for going to a prostitute for Jews is lashes.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 10:28:06 PM »
why is dershowitz even talking? he has nothing of value to add to the situation
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 08:16:29 AM »

Ok  :(

OK, it's not as great sin as adultery in Christianity either plus even Paul didn't wanted the gentile Christians to keep the Torah but only noahide laws but later the Roman "church" replaced the Jews as new Israel and took some but not all of Torah comandments as their own. You cannot be part Jewish you have to keep all 613 commandments after circumisation or perish. We christians have other convenant and shud not try to live acording to Mosaic one especialy if we're not Jewish. Once I felt guilty after breaking some church comandments taken from OT now thanks to JTF I'm true free man from the yoke of law.   

Love your Enemy

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
Sounds like Dershowitz is another Johnny Cochrane.  If the **** don't fit, you must acquit! :::D
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!