Author Topic: We need ideas for the first "Jews Against Obama" event!  (Read 15739 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
We need ideas for the first "Jews Against Obama" event!
« on: March 21, 2008, 05:36:02 AM »
                                                                                                     בס''ד

I believe that we are ready to start planning the first "Jews Against Obama" public event.

JTFers! WE NEED YOUR IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!

Here are some of the questions we must answer:

1. Should we hold a press conference announcing "Jews Against Obama"? Remember that the news media doesn't like us, so we are not going to get tremendous coverage. In fact, we may get nothing. But is it worth a try? And the coverage will probably be negative. They will call us racists, extremists, and they may bring up my past as a convicted bomber. I don't care what they say as long as the group gets publicity. If we get publicity, it may bring us more members, G-d willing, and for us, that's the name of the game. Our goal is to become a mass movement, not to please the media.

2. If we hold a press conference, where would it be? I think it has to be in New York. But where in New York? At a hotel, or at a synagogue, or on a street corner outside Democrat party headquarters? We may have a hard time finding a place that is willing to allow us to hold a press conference. This is controversial and people are afraid. Any suggestions? (Of course, on a street corner, we don't need permission. We just need to notify the police.)

3. If we hold a press conference, how many of our supporters are willing to attend? You could wind up being seen on television or on the internet. And when would be a good time to hold it?

4. Instead of a press conference, we could hold a demonstration. Or we could announce we are holding the first meeting of Jews Against Obama at a hotel. Any thoughts or suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 05:41:17 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: We need ideas for the first "Jews Against Obama" event!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:42:23 AM »
                                                                                                     בס''ד

I believe that we are ready to start planning the first "Jews Against Obama" public event.

1. Should we hold a press conference announcing "Jews Against Obama"? Remember that the news media doesn't like us, so we are not going to get tremendous coverage. In fact, we may get nothing. But is it worth a try? And the coverage will probably be negative. They will call us racists, extremists, and they may bring up my past as a convicted bomber. I don't care what they say as long as the group gets publicity. If we get publicity, it may bring us more members, G-d willing, and for us, that's the name of the game. Our goal is to become a mass movement, not to please the media.

2. If we hold a press conference, where would it be? I think it has to be in New York. But where in New York? At a hotel, or at a synagogue, or on a street corner outside Democrat party headquarters? We may have a hard time finding a place that is willing to allow us to hold a press conference. This is controversial and people are afraid. Any suggestions? (Of course, on a street corner, we don't need permission. We just need to notify the police.)

3. If we hold a press conference, how many of our supporters are willing to attend? You could wind up being seen on television or on the internet. And when would be a good time to hold it?

4. Instead of a press conference, we could hold a demonstration. Or we could announce we are holding the first meeting of Jews Against Obama at a hotel. Any thoughts or suggestions?

A public event might not be a bad idea however the question I have been stumped over is where to hold it. I think it should be in New York for the simple reason that if we announce the event on the QPTV shows we may actually get some folks from that venue to also show up. The larger question is where exactly and what sort of event would be better. Whatever we plan we need to do something that will make our members who participate feel safe and willing to show up. We need numbers.
An event out on the street needs to be in a place that has exposure and may even have something else related to the presidential race going on that day. The thing that I feel would work best however would be to possibly hold some form of JTF Jews Against Obama Rally in a hotel or hall. We would have to figure how to deal with the financial problems that brings. We would also need to invite as much of the press we can get. But that option I feel we would be able to control the best and may actually give our movement here at JTF the push it needs into the mass movement category.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:53:32 AM »
In front of CNN or ABC headquarters? 

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:17:40 AM »
Yes, safety will be an issue. We will need to figure out how to provide security.

Meeting in front of a media headquarters would not work. The media doesn't like when you come to them and become pushy about getting coverage. Going to their headquarters would be perceived as pushy.

Offline dhimmi_pride

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
Our best way to get attention would be to do something at an Obama event here in the City. Either trying to confront him directly about his anti-semitism, anti-white racism, and positions on Israel if possible or by holding a protest of Obama outside of the event. It is certain that there will be tons of media at the event; and being that most of these campaign events are generic and boring "Jews against Obama" would likely be a new and interesting angle for the media to report on.

There would also be a heavy police presence at an Obama event.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:51:52 AM by dhimmi_pride »

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 07:49:22 AM »
If we don't hold a press conference then the result will be zero.
Holding a pc might bring negative coverage for JTF but also publicity.
Many people watching the coverage may wonder if the facs are true or if JTF is crazy therefore it'll be necessary to provide some hard facts including evidence.

As far as the place is concerned I think a synagogue is not a good choice because it's too special for the leftist media.

A street corner would be cheap but security issues are difficult to handle there and what are you going to do if it rains?

A hotel or hall seems to be better in this regard. Question is if you can find something that isn't too expensive.

Personally I'm against doing a demonstration only, because on such an occasion you can only communicate some hollow slogans which isn't convincing nor is it professional. 

And what concerns your past as a convicted bomber Chaim, it would be good if there was at least one more spokesman on this pc, for example David Ben Moshe because if you are the only one than the readers/listeners will have the impression JTF=100% criminals. The more spokesmen have the word the better because then the media will not be able to concetrate solely on you past.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
If we don't hold a press conference then the result will be zero.
Holding a pc might bring negative coverage for JTF but also publicity.
Many people watching the coverage may wonder if the facs are true or if JTF is crazy therefore it'll be necessary to provide some hard facts including evidence.

As far as the place is concerned I think a synagogue is not a good choice because it's too special for the leftist media.

A street corner would be cheap but security issues are difficult to handle there and what are you going to do if it rains?

A hotel or hall seems to be better in this regard. Question is if you can find something that isn't too expensive.

Personally I'm against doing a demonstration only, because on such an occasion you can only communicate some hollow slogans which isn't convincing nor is it professional. 

And what concerns your past as a convicted bomber Chaim, it would be good if there was at least one more spokesman on this pc, for example David Ben Moshe because if you are the only one than the readers/listeners will have the impression JTF=100% criminals. The more spokesmen have the word the better because then the media will not be able to concetrate solely on you past.

The media is very superficial in the United States. If we get any television coverage, it will be only a 10 second "sound bite" in which we will be able to say very little.

Hotels and halls may be afraid to let us meet there. I would prefer a hotel, but I think it will be hard to find one that is willing to let us meet. They are a private business and we cannot force them to let us meet.

The most we are going to get from the media is a very brief mention. But the goal is to attract publicity. If we get publicity, maybe we can try to get on some talk shows.

My past as a convicted bomber is usually something that attracts MORE publicity. The media may want to "expose" who is really behind Jews Against Obama. They love doing stories where they "expose" something. This way they can pretend that they are serious investigative journalists. They may want to "expose" that the spokesman for the anti-Obama Jewish campaign is a convicted bomber. Since the media worships Obama, they would love to "expose" his critics. But that would be good for us. If it brings us more attention, people will hopefully search for us on the internet.

Also, if I can succeed in just making the accusation that Obama is an anti-Semite, that may hurt Obama with Jewish voters. I did this to Jesse Jackson in the 1980s, and to David Dinkins, who was the black Mayor of New York in the 1990s. Many Jews are already uncomfortable with Obama, and are aware of his association with black Jew-haters. If Jewish voters hear someone claiming that Obama himself is an anti-Semite, it could damage his campaign.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 08:27:50 AM by Chaim Ben Pesach »

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
BTW, if people have ideas other than press conferences or demonstrations or rallies, please share them with us. Anything that will enable us to damage Obama's campaign AND to get new members is welcome.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »
Chaim how much time do we have to get something like this together in order for it to be effective. I agree you and your past are a asset when it comes to drawing media attention. The fact that no one was ever hurt because of the bombings and why they were done goes a long way in making that a positive factor. Whatever we decide on we need to have a well organized and responsible event since we may only get one chance to make a big splash so to speak. The media looses interest fast. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »
Chaim how much time do we have to get something like this together in order for it to be effective. I agree you and your past are a asset when it comes to drawing media attention. The fact that no one was ever hurt because of the bombings and why they were done goes a long way in making that a positive factor. Whatever we decide on we need to have a well organized and responsible event since we may only get one chance to make a big splash so to speak. The media looses interest fast. 

There is no time limit. We can do this whenever we feel that we are ready. I believe that this will remain a hot issue right up until the November election.

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:07:03 AM »
Well, if the media coverage will be superficial anyway than it may also work to add a demonstration where short phrases like Obama=whatever can be used in order to get attention.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:42 AM »
                                                                                                     בס''ד

It's my understanding that our goal is to be noticed irregardless of what people think.  In my opinion, it is best to be in front of the democratic headquarters since the left are zealouts of evil causes and will react with fervent anger and hatred towards and by noticing us we will be noticed. Why don't we let them play into our hands. 

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 09:51:51 AM »
It seems that Rav Kahane had very good methods for getting media coverage. Perhaps we could temper some of these methods to the present situation. We could be really annoying and insulting, yet not violent, to high-ranking Osama aids, for instance. Follow them, taunt them, etc. like the Rav writes about in "History of the JDL".

Offline Madeline

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 10:38:22 AM »
Chaim, I think it would be better if you stressed your dedication to the Jewish people and to the high ideals of civilization rather than your past as a bomber.  The way to mention that, when and if necessary, is that you were even willing to forego your prediliction for rational argument and to use violence because of your love for the Jewish people and your devotion to a just cause.

In listening to your replies to forum members' questions, I see how much warmth and caring you have for your followers.  That part sounds mature and influential.  The bomber part - without that context - will most likely get you dismissed as a lightweight leader.  Put the goal and the ideal ahead of the means in your presentation.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »
Dear Chairman:

I think it could work. Preparation is the key.  We need to find out how many JTF supporters would show up.  You need a large crowd of JTF supporters, wearing  JTF t- shirts or sweatshirts, so the cameras will instantly realize who is a supporter and  that we are not a small group to be dismissed.  A  minimum of 50  or more supporters should be enough to look legitimate.  100 supporters would be much better.   You need to come prepared with loudspeakers and a microphone of your own, so you don't get shouted down.  Also professional looking signs with devastating but true,short pieces of information against Obama.  Large signs advertising your web address and TV show are a must as well.    Our Christian supporters should come with signs expressing "Christians for JTF."  This will let whoever is watching know that we have Christian support as well.  This is very important.  An organization that appears large, and with both Jewish and Christian support, will draw more people.  People like to join organizations that look like they have support.

For a security detail, I would only use a Jewish security team, to let them know that Jews are able to protect themselves. ( They should wear the - JTF sweatshirts as well.)   David Ben Moshe should also be a primary speaker, he is an excellent speaker, like yourself.  He is also a big, powerful guy with a great presence, and commands attention and respect.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 12:16:52 PM »
I believe it should be in front of a major news outlet, possibly more than one major news outlet.  It should also be held in an area with a lot of Obama supporters.  Just don't do it in Harlem!  Al "off the pigs" Sharpton would send a team of black mafiosi to tear you down.  You should find the most left-wing news outlet, they will label you as right-wing racists, then you may get some of those Obama haters to join you.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 12:45:29 PM »
I was thinking before we start any meeting like this, we should test the waters for the Israeli day parade and get as many supporters to come hang out together...if few people show up, then we know we need to work on getting more participants into this movement. If we have a nice group to show up for the parade then we can pursue this idea further...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
Here's one idea,  It would involve many of our members contacting news agencies such as Dateline or 20/20 posing as viewers who are not members of JTF or Jews Against Obama, but viewers who are not sure what this movement is about and are looking to find out more about it.  For example, JTF schedules an event at a certain time and place.  You contact 20/20 and tell them about the event and request they cover it because as a viewer you want to know more about JTF.  You don't know if you agree with them or not and you want to know what it is all about.  Now if they do cover it, they will initially cover JTF as a hate group and as something that is a problem in America, but the exposure will be there.  If they get serveral thousand requests, I think there is a chance they will cover it because it may be good for ratings.  You can also pose as someone who is against JTF and who feels that their movement is growing and it should be "exposed" on national T.V.  I don't know if the media will fall for this but I think it may be worth a try.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »
Here's one idea,  It would involve many of our members contacting news agencies such as Dateline or 20/20 posing as viewers who are not members of JTF or Jews Against Obama, but viewers who are not sure what this movement is about and are looking to find out more about it.  For example, JTF schedules an event at a certain time and place.  You contact 20/20 and tell them about the event and request they cover it because as a viewer you want to know more about JTF.  You don't know if you agree with them or not and you want to know what it is all about.  Now if they do cover it, they will initially cover JTF as a hate group and as something that is a problem in America, but the exposure will be there.  If they get serveral thousand requests, I think there is a chance they will cover it because it may be good for ratings.  You can also pose as someone who is against JTF and who feels that their movement is growing and it should be "exposed" on national T.V.  I don't know if the media will fall for this but I think it may be worth a try.

Interesting idea.

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
Obama is a very cunning and very sophisticated man, he is just a part of an Islamic plan to control and destroy the USA. Please take care. The Muslims are going to try to murder Chaim. As long the JTF movement does not have enough money for professional guards, it is not very safe.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »
Chaim.. just let me know when you want to do it, and I'll get everyone I know in the UAC and the Loyalist Party involved. 

I assume its going to be a N.Y. event?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »
Spread the news that "O-bama" is about to address "De Joo-sh Camyuunitee" at such and such a place, date, and time...

Fo' reasons bein' dat' O-bama is going to "Reach Out" to De Jooz" in a "historic reconciliation".

At first, allow a sizeable crowd to gather, with everyone there "playing it straight", as if this is really a news-worthy event of historical proportions...

Then have Chaim show up doing his finest "Minstrel Show" shtick...black face, pink lips, orlon afro-wig, and walking on stilts...

Lots of "ooga-booga" & "click-language" talk, whilst "De Jooz", represented by JTF members, go ape in the audience over every misspoken syllable & rant; denouncing "the candidate" for "cannibalism", commonism, and for race-mixing!

Make sure the entire event is documented with video/audio for public release.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
Brilliant.  ::)

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »
Chaim, have you ever considered putting out a full page ad in a newspaper? Certainly not the NY Times, but perhaps the NY Post or Newsday? Or the Jewish Press? Or is this too costly?

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »
The best place and time is the boardwalk at Brighton Beach in Brooklyn closer to the summer.

Only imagine, thousands of Russians, 90% of whom are Jewish. Mostly young. You wont see a black person there for miles.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.