Author Topic: this is such a crock!!!!  (Read 4348 times)

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
  • one of my earliest rebbeim/rav nachman bulman zt"l
this is such a crock!!!!
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »
this is all such a load of horse manure... one day... EXACTLY one day after bush lifted oil drilling embargoes on u.s. locals the price starts dipping...this proves that all along bush and the slime were colluding with the mu$$lims to jack-up and otherwise artificially manipulate the price of crude in order to get their way... more drilling rights without limitations by causing a worldwide panic... and you don't think these efing bastards did the same thing to go into afg. and iraq...? only the blind cannot see this... no even they can see it... only those who refuse to open their eyes cannot see it... see the truth in what i have been saying... nik. right on the money as usual... out... I CALLED THIS ONE PEOPLE... i called it... they are just so utterly arrogant and so slovenly greedy that they can't even wait a day to sell off their shares with this advanced insider information... and make a killing at everyone else's expense... they truly think they can do and get away with anything and everything and blatantly so with impunity.... WAKE UP PEOPLE AND SMELL THE CREMATORIA STOKING BACK UP!!! nik.

Oil prices plummet more than $6 amid economic fear
By ADAM SCHRECK, AP Business Writer
1 hour, 8 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Oil prices fell harder than they have in 17 years Tuesday, as fears that record fuel prices are spreading broad economic pain exacerbated the third big sell-off in just over a week.

Light, sweet crude plunged $6.44, or 4.4 percent, to settle at $138.74 a barrel in an extremely volatile session. Prices at one point plummeted more than $10 from the day's high.

Mounting concerns about the risks inflation poses to the United States, the world's biggest oil consumer, helped spark the declines. Analysts also attributed the sell-off to Thursday's expiration of options contracts, which tend to increase volatility, and to computers programed to automatically sell once prices reach certain thresholds.

"There was this big ... selling pressure when prices dipped below $140 a barrel. It got a lot of bulls very nervous," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at the Oil Price Information Service. "If it was a fire, you'd call it an accelerant."

The drop, which eclipsed last Tuesday's slide of $5.33, marked the biggest decline in dollar terms since the Gulf War. Even so, prices remain no lower than they were a week ago.

Longtime market observers cautioned that the turnaround may not signal a lasting shift in sentiment — prices have swung violently in recent days as they flirted with record highs. But it does underscore investor uncertainty about the sustainability of sky-high prices and their potentially long-lasting effects on the broader economy.

Over the course of the day, the contract rose as high as $146.73 and fell as low as $135.92. Prices hit a record $147.27 Friday.

Concerns about the economy were high on traders' minds Tuesday.

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress that "numerous difficulties" are racking the U.S. economy, and warned that rising prices for energy and food are elevating the risks of inflation.

At the same time, the Labor Department reported that wholesale inflation jumped by 1.8 percent last month, a larger-than-expected gain. Over the past year, wholesale prices have risen 9.2 percent, the most since 1981.

"Traders get spooked and simply sell positions," said Jim Ritterbusch, president of energy consultancy Ritterbusch and Associates. "The threat of recession, at some point the market's going to plug that in."

Lingering concerns about the health of the financial sector continued to weigh on banking stocks, reminding energy traders that oil prices are not immune to troubles elsewhere in the market.

"Since investment banks have been increasing their ... exposure to commodities, their current distress can have (a) significant impact on oil prices if they are forced to liquidate commodity positions in a run for cash," Olivier Jakob, an analyst at Petromatrix in Switzerland, said in a research note.

The latest monthly market report from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries gave traders further reason to unload oil.

The cartel predicted world oil demand will rise by 900,000 barrels a day in 2009, or 100,000 barrels per day less than this year. OPEC blamed the slowdown on a slumping economy and high pump prices in richer industrialized countries.

Meanwhile, a five-day strike by Brazilian oil workers that began early Monday had less effect on output than feared.

The dollar fell to a new low against the euro, but that did little to halt oil's decline. The weaker dollar has driven prices sharply higher in recent months, enticing investors to pump money into oil as a hedge against inflation and making crude cheaper for overseas buyers.

In Washington, President Bush continued to press the Democratic-run Congress to open up new areas to offshore oil drilling. The president lifted a ban on Continental Shelf drilling Monday, but a Congressional prohibition remains.

"I readily concede it won't produce a barrel of oil tomorrow, but it will reverse the psychology," Bush said at his first White House news conference since April.

At the fuel pump, retail gas prices in the U.S. remained at a record near $4.11 a gallon, according to auto club AAA, the Oil Price Information Service and Wright Express. Diesel rose six-tenths of a penny to its own high of $4.83 a gallon.

Tuesday's sell-off alone is unlikely to bring drivers much relief.

"People shouldn't expect to see their pump prices drop," Kloza said. "By the end of the week, we may be talking about $4 (a gallon), we may be talking about $4.20. That's the nature of the beast."

General Motors Corp., the leading U.S. automaker, said it is assuming oil prices will hover between $130 to $150 a barrel next year. The company made the prediction as it laid out plans to slash jobs and truck production, suspend its dividend and borrow up to $3 billion as it grapples with an ailing U.S. economy and record high fuel prices.

In other Nymex trading, heating oil futures fell 14.59 cents to settle at $3.919 a gallon, while gasoline futures tumbled 17.29 cents to settle at $3.3848 a gallon. Natural gas dropped 48.2 cents to settle at $11.477 per 1,000 cubic feet.

In London, August Brent crude fell $5.17 to settle at $138.75 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 06:03:05 PM by nikmatdam »
"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: this is such a crock!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:03:30 PM »
I actually agree with you, at least in general, on this subject. I do believe Bush has been doing everything in his power to raise oil prices.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »
here's the story from just yesterday... nik.

Bush lifts oil drilling ban, wants Congress to act
By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jul 15, 1:39 AM ET

WASHINGTON - President Bush on Monday lifted an executive ban on offshore oil drilling and challenged Congress to follow suit, aiming to turn the enormous public frustration about gasoline prices into political leverage. Democratic lawmakers rejected Bush's plan as a symbolic stunt.

With gas prices topping $4.10 a gallon nationally, Bush made his most assertive move to extend oil exploration, an energy priority of his presidency. By lifting the executive prohibition against coastal drilling, Bush rescinded a White House policy that his own father put in place in 1990.

The move will have no practical effect unless Congress acts, too. Both executive and legislative bans must be lifted before offshore exploration can happen.

Bush had called on Congress a month ago to go first, then reversed himself on Monday. He said the country could no longer afford to wait.

"Failure to act is unacceptable. It's unacceptable to me and it's unacceptable to the American people," Bush said in an event held in the Rose Garden.

"Democratic leaders can show that they have finally heard the frustrations of the American people by matching the action I've taken today, repealing the congressional ban, and passing legislation to facilitate responsible offshore exploration," Bush said.

The president's direct link between record gas prices and offshore drilling glossed over a key point. Even if Congress agreed, the exploration for oil would take years to produce real results. It is not projected to reduce gas prices in the short term. Even the White House routinely emphasizes there is no quick fix.

That did not stop Bush from building his case around today's prices at the pump.

He said every extra dollar that families must spend on gas is one they could be using to put food on their table or to send a child to school. The American people, he said, are now "waiting to see what the Congress will do."

The White House says that acting now on a long-term solution would send a serious signal to the market that more oil supply will be coming on line. That, in turn, could ease oil prices, advocates say. Business groups and many Republican lawmakers applauded the move to expand the energy supply in the U.S.

Democrats were unmoved.

"The Bush plan is a hoax," responded House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "It will neither reduce gas prices nor increase energy independence."

Several Democratic leaders in Congress said oil companies are already sitting on millions of acres of public and coastal lands.

Yet a proposal by Democrats to release oil from an emergency reserve has been rejected by the White House as a gimmick that won't reduce prices.

So the election-year stalemate remains.

Congressional Democrats, joined by some GOP lawmakers from coastal states, have long opposed lifting the prohibition that has barred energy companies from waters along both the East and West coasts and in the eastern Gulf of Mexico. A succession of presidents, including the current one, has sided with Congress for each of the last 27 years in barring drilling in these waters.

The main goal has been to protect beaches and coastal states' tourism economies. But Bush says that with today's technology, exploration can be conducted along the Outer Continental Shelf in ways that keep the drilling out of sight and protect the environment.

The congressional ban is renewed yearly, typically as part of a spending bill. The White House said it was too soon to comment on a potential Bush veto.

Under Bush's proposal, states would help decide how drilling would be conducted off their shores. It is unclear how much oil would be available. Bush said it could eventually be enough to produce 10 years' worth of America's current oil production.

Both presidential campaigns weighed in.

Sen. John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, called Bush's move "a very important signal" and prodded his Democratic rival, Sen. Barack Obama, to drop his opposition to offshore drilling. "If we can show that we have significant oil reserves off our coasts, that will clearly affect the futures market and affect the price of oil," McCain said.

Obama favors another economic stimulus package that includes energy rebates, as well as stepped up efforts to develop alternative fuels. "If offshore drilling would provide short-term relief at the pump or a long-term strategy for energy independence, it would be worthy of our consideration, regardless of the risks," Obama spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement. "But most experts, even within the Bush administration, concede it would do neither."

Environmental groups also criticized Bush.

The public, though, is growing impatient for answers.

Nearly half the people surveyed by the Pew Research Center last month said they now consider energy exploration and drilling more important than conservation, compared with a little over a third who felt that way only five months ago. The sharpest shift in attitude came from those who had previously viewed exploration as a less important priority, including people who identified themselves as liberals, independents and Democrats.

"i am nikmatdam... humble and imperfect servant of Hashem... and i yearn for redemption but i absolutely ache for Divine justice and vengeance..."

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »
I actually agree with you, at least in general, on this subject. I do believe Bush has been doing everything in his power to raise oil prices.

I personally hate Bush... however.. every time Oil goes up.. his popularity goes down.   Bush is a moron,. but in reality.. Clinton did the most damage as far affecting long term oil prices... by vetoing ANWAR drilling.

Also.. lets not forget that the US is becoming less and less significant in the global oil market...  In the past decade.. China and India have become the true source for why Oil Demand has become sky high.  That and Oil speculation... is why the demand for oil is so absurdly high.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:12:55 PM »
Bush always has his Energy Department release bogus statements about "gasoline reserves declining faster than expected".  ::) BS. He releases these "findings" only because he knows it makes the speculators (his campaign financiers) go nuts.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 06:13:29 PM »

I personally hate Bush... however.. every time Oil goes up.. his popularity goes down.   Bush is a moron,. but in reality.. Clinton did the most damage as far affecting long term oil prices... by vetoing ANWAR drilling.

Also.. lets not forget that the US is becoming less and less significant in the global oil market...  In the past decade.. China and India have become the true source for why Oil Demand has become sky high.  That and Oil speculation... is why the demand for oil is so absurdly high.

Clinton might have done the most damage but Bush has done nothing to help he only made the problem worse.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 06:14:53 PM »
They both are equally rotten on the issue of energy, but the enormous run-ups of oil have occurred under Bush.

Plus, Clinton didn't start a war to increase the price of oil by fomenting "instability" in the Middle East.

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
and the price of oil in china and india that all his best buds are raking in... is behind this sell-out and sell-off to enable them to have even more oil in their pockets cheaply to sell at huge margins of profit overseas... it's all been prearranged at all those secret energy meetings that cheney is always holding without telling the american public ~ his employer ~ anything at all whatsoever... the fix is definitely in... nik.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »
David ben Moshe agrees with this 100%. I dont ever say I hate bush, there are men overseas, at war, so I dont say anything.  BUT IF HE KNEW HOW I REALLY FELTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..........................
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=n6HGUez_ysw ..... >:(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »
They both are equally rotten on the issue of energy, but the enormous run-ups of oil have occurred under Bush.

Plus, Clinton didn't start a war to increase the price of oil by fomenting "instability" in the Middle East.

I dont understand this idea that Bush would start a war so that he can increase the oil price and reduce his popularity.   

This is what liberals always say.. and it makes no sense.   

Again... the demand increase is NOT from America... its from India and China.  And supplies are NOT lower than they were before the war... however... speculation is WAY up.  Oil supplies are actually at an all time high.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
The Global Warming agenda have always wanted very high gas taxes because they want gas prices to be so high that people wouldn't be able to afford to purchase it.  They want current prices to rise higher.  Obama said that it's unfortunate that prices haven't risen a little slower.  But they key point is that he's not disappointed that prices are high. 

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »
who do you think is selling all the oil to india and china...? think!!! it's all the same usual suspects... and they all have w's personal phone number... why is this so hard for you to follow here... just follow the money... and check out the film i put up here yesterday... "the bush fortunes..." that will explain it all... nik.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 03:35:57 PM »
I don't understand what would be so hard about using domestic, offshore oil in the short term and then make a real effort to go to solar and wind and other sources for the future.  What the #$%!#$^% is so hard about this!!!

Both parties like the status quo obviously!!!

I think all JTFers need to go biodiesel.  My next car will be. 

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »
 If Superman himself as elected to be the PRES. you would DUMP ALL OVER HIM too.
  AND.
  DO
  NOT
  DIS
  TROOPS.
SHAME ON YOU ALL. SHAME. SHAME!
  Free speech- that which THEY FIGHT to protect for you UNGRATEFUL BRATS.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
bush, cheney, obamam, mccaine... are all far... far from being superman... so let's just wait until superman gets into office to see what i say about him... shall we...? nik. out...

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
bush, cheney, obamam, mccaine... are all far... far from being superman... so let's just wait until superman gets into office to see what i say about him... shall we...? nik. out...

:P

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 04:43:07 PM »
the real superman that is... let's wait for him and see if i trash him as well... nik.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
the real superman that is... let's wait for him and see if i trash him as well... nik.

I am sure you will  :P
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

I am sure you will  :P

NIKMATDAM.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
I'd like to do drilling of my own and don't mean offshore. Try Crawford, TX. Gas should STILL be under $2 a gallon. That Arab Bush and the rest of the Hillbillies in Crawford must be hiding quite a number of barrels!

Offline muslimslayer0075995

• Senior JTFer
  • the death of islam will benifit the world
    • zionist republic
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »
did anyone reeding this post not already know that bush and the capitolist pigs of our government care not for our people, they care for nothing but there profit, they are sick bastards and somehow, defing the will of the people (the righteous ones) they come into power
islam isnt relgion its perpetuated hatred of the infidels

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »
hey paulette which one of those three is you...? nik.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »
did anyone reeding this post not already know that bush and the capitolist pigs of our government care not for our people, they care for nothing but there profit, they are sick bastards and somehow, defing the will of the people (the righteous ones) they come into power

Yes, yes... IF ANYONE has ANY sense of humor. I would LOVE to see it at SOME POINT today.
  Who says they are all not bad?
  I know what is happening, however this is all VERY vexing for little ol me, b/c I AM TRYING to get 2 high ranking officers here- but HOW CAN I? You see- we SLAP them in the FACE everyday, b/c we LACK responsibility of FREE Speech.  to them, we sound NO different than leftist CRY BABY's, and that s the TRUTH, and they HATE them. One friend in particular has commanded a Batallian. Another is a Brigadeer General.  It would be NICE to see SOME loyalty o country for a CHANGE
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 05:07:14 PM »
hey paulette which one of those three is you...? nik.

None- here I AM:

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nikmatdam

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 05:08:48 PM »
i see... well in that case... i know why you certainly have a big mouth... lol... nik.