Author Topic: Idiot from Shas please don't show Beirut celebration  (Read 39319 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Idiot from Shas please don't show Beirut celebration
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2008, 12:59:11 AM »
Lisa, you won this bet fair and square. The know-it-all made a mule out of himself and he ate crow (and I doubt that it was kosher crow).

You better insist that the loser of the bet pay up.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2008, 01:02:35 AM »
The answer is that they are there to spread their message.  That's what they do. That's all they do! It gets publicity for their message.
Ah, so you are telling me that they were there in order to convince the Muzzies and neo-Nazis who sponsored it of why they should hate Israel and work for its destruction.

Okay!  ;)

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
I think their is something else worth pointing out. Groups like Chabad always look to find the good in every jew. It is worth mentioning that the people who we have seen attack other jews on this forum are also anti Chabad. The funny thing is that one of them did try to find "the good" in one group, but it happened to be the neturei karta. He actually tried to defend the neturei karta but he didn't extend the same courtesy to chabad.
q_q flies into a rage whenever anybody denies that the Satmar "rebbe" is the messiah.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »
Lisa, you won this bet fair and square. The know-it-all made a mule out of himself and he ate crow (and I doubt that it was kosher crow).

You better insist that the loser of the bet pay up.

just one correction here...and Torah knowledgable Jews here, correct me if I'm wrong....kosher Crow is just as kosher as Kosher pig...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2008, 01:13:32 AM »
Rabbi Meir Kahane never spoke in such a way about the NK.

When questioned directly about their anti-Zionist stance, he said that he was unable to question their Torah, but that he disagreed with them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2008, 01:14:51 AM »
just one correction here...and Torah knowledgable Jews here, correct me if I'm wrong....kosher Crow is just as kosher as Kosher pig...
Yes, I know. It was admittedly me being a smart burro.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2008, 02:00:45 AM »
BTW, Chaim, where can I buy kosher crow in Los Angeles?  :::D

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2008, 02:52:56 AM »
On the major Israeli newpapers this morning, I and all my co-commuters were treated to a side by side picture collage.

One of crying families of the soldiers and next to it, one of Samir kuntar doing the nazi salute in Lebanon.

And no one on the bus even spoke about it. The country is braindead. Literally.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:08 AM »
On the major Israeli newpapers this morning, I and all my co-commuters were treated to a side by side picture collage.

One of crying families of the soldiers and next to it, one of Samir kuntar doing the nazi salute in Lebanon.

That is indeed nuts. It shows the mentality of people who would be dumb enough to reelect kadima if their were another election. Can you imagine that a poll in Israel which was taken like a month ago and published in all the papers showed that kadima would be reelected if their were another election then.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
It seems like the spirit of the Israeli people for the most part of broken. They just don't care any more.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »
It seems like the spirit of the Israeli people for the most part of broken. They just don't care any more.

A friend of mine lives in Ashkelon, a city that is continually being rocketed by Hamas and Fatah.

I told him that the army should fight back and he said "Well, we need to be wary of another war."

And this guy is under DIRECT ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!

This is insane. We need Chaim here right now.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »

A friend of mine lives in Ashkelon, a city that is continually being rocketed by Hamas and Fatah.

I told him that the army should fight back and he said "Well, we need to be wary of another war."

I agree with that. We need Chaim to go there and create a situation in which people will get tired trying to count the dead muslims.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2008, 10:40:58 AM »

By the way, I liked the way you defended JTF over at the puppy mill when they started calling JTF racist. You gave them a good answer and deserve credit for it.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:54 AM »

I don't know what you mean by "such a way", whether you are referring to what I have said, or what Tzvi has said, or what the silly kid-minds have said.

Try quoting people next time.

When questioned directly about their anti-Zionist stance, he said that he was unable to question their Torah, but that he disagreed with them.

I doubt that he said that. It would have created too much confusion.

He criticised NK and considered them illegitimate relative to Torah standards.

And he said what you said he said - about satmar.  But not quite..

He has said he disagreed with the Satmar. But of course he questions their position. The point is though that he acknowledged it as a Torah position, and can state his differences.
He has said he differs with them.   And he his whole ideology questions them. Chanukah, his points from Ezekiel 36. 

<snip>

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »

That's what I said and got everyone mad at me for.  :(

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »

By the way, I liked the way you defended JTF over at the puppy mill when they started calling JTF racist. You gave them a good answer and deserve credit for it.

Those people there are such losers.

They are just a vessel for JTF rejects.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

I don't know what you mean by "such a way", whether you are referring to what I have said, or what Tzvi has said, or what the silly kid-minds have said.

Try quoting people next time.

I doubt that he said that. It would have created too much confusion.

He criticised NK and considered them illegitimate relative to Torah standards.

And he said what you said he said - about satmar.  But not quite..

He has said he disagreed with the Satmar. But of course he questions their position. The point is though that he acknowledged it as a Torah position, and can state his differences.
He has said he differs with them.   And he his whole ideology questions them. Chanukah, his points from Ezekiel 36. 

<snip>

The difference between Satmar and Rav Kahane is a time difference, its a question of which time is the nation living in, Rav Kahane believes that it is Atchalta DeGeula, and Satmar believes it is completly Galut, so from that difference everything else is derived.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »

<snip>

The difference between Satmar and Rav Kahane is a time difference, its a question of which time is the nation living in, Rav Kahane believes that it is Atchalta DeGeula, and Satmar believes it is completly Galut, so from that difference everything else is derived.

At first read, that sounds like the most stupid ignorant thing I have read all year.

At second read, it's still wrong.

I will go into more detail, time permitting.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:39:52 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
At first read, that sounds like the most stupid ignorant thing I have read all year.

At second read, it's still wrong.

I will go into more detail, time permitting.

That was totally uncalled for.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »
First of all Tzvi.

What you wrote was easily open to misinterpetation.
If misinterpreted, you sound very silly.
I did say that on the second read it is wrong. My implication is that the correct reading , which I got on the second reading , is not stupid.

I know my concise wording in the previous post went over some heads.
That might explain it a bit, to reasonably good thinkers.
I was saying that on the second reading, it wasn't stupid. Just wrong.

Anyhow..

My first read, When you talk about a time difference, it looked like you meant real time.
Indeed. Satmar lived somewhat earler than rabbi kahane.
Rabbi Meir Kahane was 10 years old living in the time of the holocaust, and he knew what was going on even at that age. 
At the same time as Rabbi Meir Kahane was 10 years old, living in America, unable to do anything - at only 10, unable to lead people to protest outside the white house until they bombed the rail lines to save thousands daily and at least damage the nazi death plans somewhat.

Rabbi Yissachar Shlomo Teichtal was hiding in a basement witnessing the horrors, unable to do anything. Still, totally opposing the satmar position. Wishing that they would go to israel.

So this idea that if rabbi kahane would have lived in the time of the satmar, he would have been a satmar. That is ridiculous.  I don't tihnk you meant that, but it looked a bit like that on first read.

On second read.
It's not stupid, but as I said, it's still wrong.

You put it down to purely a technical difference about whether we are in the beginning of the redemption or not.

I don't think that the case either. But that's not such a silly point.

Consider.
Lots of cases BEFORE the recent "beginning of redemption"

where we faught.

so there is more to it than that.

If you are looking for a theological reason, then the 3 oaths is really the thing to look at.

And Rabbi Kahane himself made this clear.

Rabbi Kahane would have been willing for jews to fight even before the time he thougt was "beginning of the redemption".

Do you really think that if jews were being attacked in some earlier century, that rabbi kahane would have been like the satmar rebbe?!
No.
The 3 oaths are the theological thing that creates the big difference we see, the satmar passivism.

NOW you have a better argument.

That the reason is theological, and that it is based on the 3 oaths.

But I still think that may be wrong.. Certainly not stupid. But just possibly somewhat wrong...

I reckon there have always been some jews that wanted to fight, and some that wanted to remain passive. And rabbis give their theological reasons. Throughout jewish history.  judeanoncapta mentioned about that in one of his shows.

Also. To say it's just a difference in time, is missing out a whole psychological aspect.
Rabbi Kahane was the product of brooklyn, he loved winning. And looked at tenach and saw winners.
The Satmar Rebbe would probably look throughout jewish history, and make everything passive.   

We do have the pshat which is often quite violent, and then we do have these passive midrashim  or traditions, and it is quite suspicious. Suddenly these passive interpretations start cropping up in aggadic or kabbalistic traditions.   

The pshat says Moshe beat the egyptian. An aggadic tradition  says he killed him with the divine name.

The RAMBAM using rabbi akiva as an example, talks of how when we see somebody fighting the wars of G-d ,  and presume he is the messiah.. And so on.
And clearly this means war.  But in exile all these mystical/kabbalistic ideas pop up that we wait and will be magically transported under underground tunnels. And the 3rd temple will drop ot of the sky on top of the mosque.  This is what non zionist rabbis are teaching, we have these passive aggadic and kabbalistic traditions.  And it's suspicious.
I think that judeanoncapta is probably right , that many of the aggadic ones were made up in order to modify the behaviour of the people of the time. So they were under a bad regime, and they were told that to prevent more jews dying in a failed rebellion/revolt.

Look at how you and rabbis nowadays play psychological games. You even told Lisa that if she comes to your rabbi's shiur, she can have $20.  This is what rabbis do nowadays. They play self help guru and play psychological games, and it works, because people are stupid.

You cannot discount the psychological aspect.  And the truth is that religious jews nowadays hold rabbis in such high esteem, that they would never suspect them of doing this. And even when they know they are, they let them off and do not criticise.

I was speaking to somebody whose rosh yeshiva went to speak in a high school (in britain we call them secondary schools). And he said "if you don't go to yeshiva, you are not really jewish".   It had an impact, many went. Even though they knew the guy was only saying that to encourage them to go, and he wasn't being "literal". They were educated kids.  They just have so much respect for rabbis that they allow it and think nothing of it.

Believe me. I would LOVE to say that it is purely about logic. And 2 theological disagreements, and one goes one way, the other the other way.
But it's just not the case. You have some very knowledgeable rabbis, but they have human flaws that affect their judgement. I assure you, that if you put rabbi kahane and the satmar rebbe in a different time, prior to the "beginning of the redemption" they would act differently, one passive and submissive, one that wants to win.

Rabbi Kahane is at least very very honest in that he says the Satmar position  is a valid torah position. He refers to the 3 oaths..   The same is not true of the satmar rebbe.
And this is another big difference.

Anti Zionists just do not see religious zionism as kosher.

Sefaradim may be a bit more relaxed about it.  REmember..

Anti Zionism is largely a european phenomena. It arose as a reaction to secular zionism , but  attacks all zionim. When ashkenazi rabbis want to say something, they don't just go to the halacha, they often go way beyond it adding more and more strict rulings.

Sefaradim are unfortunately going that way..
See this very interesting website

They tend to complain really that their Sefaradi culture is not properly preserved.
But there is this Sefaradi culture I hear of on the web.. sometimes from maimonideans that reject kabbalah. But other times from just Sefaradim, from certain countries.

This is a very PRO Sefaradi anti ashkenazi site. And this is part of the problem with these particular Sefaradim. They whine alot and are unable to pass on the culture they speak of. And they whine about that too. Nevertheless.. It shows an interesting difference

Notice where the satmar comes from, the charedi

http://blog.sephardicrevival.org/2006/12/24/the-differences.aspx

Sefaradim
----------
strong emphasis on bible story
realistic approach to halacha and community life
golden path - middle road
rabbis can make mistakes
rabbis do not intervene in every field
comprehensive curriculum
openness to outside culture
acceptance of all congregants

Ashkenazim  (note, this guy just doesn't care about ashkenazim or variety within ashkenazi way But the things he lists are relevant to charedim . The modern orthodox are bothered by these things too)
-----------
Bible is marginal except for liturgy
Idealistic approach
Fanaticism
Rabbis are infallible
Daat torah - rabbis decide on everything
Emphasis on talmud
Erection spiritual walls
Labelling individuals

note- listening to rabbi bar hayyim,(I don't listen to him much, but if judea refers me to one or a point in one, then I listen)  One does hear him describing situations from a psychological perspective , and it makes sense. It sounds like ridicule.. Maybe they deserve it,  or it's just the truth, and if it comes out that way then so be it.  But it really hits the nail on the head.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:34:26 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
I read the whole thing, had different things I wanted to say for each part (but it was so long, so I lost my thoughts, and dont want to read again).
  - The Rav you mentioned who wrote Ein Habanim Bsimcha- was himself an anti-zionist before the holocaust and at the time of around the Holocaust he changed his views.
  - We cant really say what Rav Kahane would have or wouldn't have done if he lived in a different time era. Remember he taught a Jewish head with a Jewish fist. It might have been (and I would suspect that he would say so) that even in Galut Jews should fight back, even with the possibility of being killed- for Kiddush Hashem. OR he could have said no, sometimes its not worth it, and just lay low, as the Satmar believe and believed- Lay low, pray, learn Torah, have kids and one day the nation will be redemed, and until then just make Tishuva so that G-d will send the Geula.
  Also remember that Rav Kahane ZTL HYD, assumed and took the state to be the start of the redemption, the Satmar said it's founders were demons and they will only bring more destruction to Jews (both physical and even more soo spiritual). What is the truth- I would say a mixture of both.
 Also remember that the "anti-zionists" started even before the "zionist movement", first it was the Haskalah, and their were religious Jews. Then the haskalah subdivided into either the zionist movement and the reform movement. So they were really agains't and fighting the same exact people.
  Now their were others. Their were Religious Jews who were going to Israel because of the Mitzva to be in Israel (that always existed), and they were the first to build up the land. and their were others (the followers of Rav Kook ZTL) who saw the good in the Haskalah Jews in doing the Mitzva of building the land, and hoping that they would one day do Tishuva, or that one day the Religious would outnumber them and take over.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
"Also remember that Rav Kahane ZTL HYD, assumed and took the state to be the start of the redemption, the Satmar said it's founders were demons and they will only bring more destruction to Jews (both physical and even more soo spiritual). What is the truth- I would say a mixture of both. "

And I would like to add that after the Rav's murder, his son ZTL HYD, went a step furthur then the Rav and also in a way was both what we would call "Zionistic and anti-zionistic" (more soo then the Rav, by using stronger language and emphasizing more about it).

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2008, 06:21:45 PM »
pretty much..

I had noticed that about Rabbi Binyamin Kahane's approach.

The disagreement between religious zionism and religious anti zionism  is on a theoretical point.  But NK (who put the satmar or anti zionist position very well), put it nicely when they say "you can't kosher a pork". So if they don't want to work with it, it makes sense.  But they should all agree on the arabs out.

You know recently in britain, there was a pro israel rally. 

On a funny note, I read in the charedi jewish press, that the satmar arranged a counter demonstration, but asked the authorities beforehand, for a separate space, away from the arabs, to protest at. The police refused, and said they won't use their resources to allow for that.  And the satmar cancelled their counter demonstration.  Their statement was, that by doing what they did they have fulfilled their obligation.

By the way.

Try typing your thoughts into notepad.

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, but if I want to remember something, I write it down.

My opinion would take a write, I may do it in another thread some time .  Yours seems similar actually..

In short.. I worry that israel may be the scene of the next holocaust, G-d forbid

Americans living there can get out.

But Israelis are trapped.

I'm not suggesting they get out.. But if they had to, they have nowhere to go.
That was really somewhere in the middle.

here we go.

To start from the beginning..
Rabbi Kahane, and rabbi yissachar shlomo teichtal, saw horrors, and thought the solution was for jews to go to israel.

CRUCIALLY,
Logically. This wasn't precisely the solution

The solution was more general.   It was ***to go where it was safe**

That could have been America, it could have been Britain.   Israel wasn't so safe, and of course many jews died in the big wars, and in terrorism, and even more in car accidents

note- i'm not saying jews shouldn't go to israel. Because even if it did get that bad. It may still have been right to go. A logical reason to go would be like going into a burning house to try to save people like your family - and jews are a family.  Or to save fellow human beings.   So that would be one moral reason to go.  And please G-d things will be OK and not end in wrath and disaster.   Or maybe it is better not to go lest you encourage people. But this note is just a worst case scenario paragraph I threw in.

At the time of the holocaust, Israel was a billion times safer than poland or russia.
And jews going there were saved.

And at the time of the holocaust, you had the anti-zionists, whose mentality besides not going to israel, was CRUCIALLY, specifically also to not leave poland or russia.  To not go to america or britain because their great yeshivot and schools are in poland or russia.
And That was wrong.

They died. NOT because they didn't go to israel.  But because

a)they didn't go to where it was safe.   e.g. America, or somehwere in Europe e.g. Britain. Or somewhere obscure.

b)they blindly stayed where it was dangerous. Not because they didn't wan to go to israel, but because of their yeshivot.  They didn't realise that the way things were going, there would be no yeshivot.

But that general mistrake which the anti-zionist jews made during the time of the holocaust.

I fear that Religious zionist jews are making the same mistake. I just hope it doesn't end the same way.

Even the arabs have noticed.. And some years ago a friend said to me that an arab terrorist was quoted in the paper as saying he prefers jews in israel because they are all in one place and are thus easier to kill.

And this is another point

The reason why jews have survived for thousands of years in exile.. Besides G-d. Is a natural reason. We had different communities. Spread across the globe.

The astronishing phenomena, was that Hitler had the success that he had, in gathering millions of jews  together and putting us in death camps.  Nobody would have expected one man to have so much success in such an endeavour.   

Rabbi Kahane worried people when he said "it could happen here" and he argued it. How the germans thought it couldn't happen here too e.t.c.  But the fact is that , let's not look a hundreds years into the future. But short term, it isn't happening here. You live in the diaspora keeping your eye on the ball. anti-semitism is monitored... jews are very very paranoid about it.   I don't think we are as insular or naiive as anti-zionists in poland or haskala-assimilationists in germany.

Israel is a good defence against another holocaust(now we have our own government and army). I just worry that it may be a prescription for a different kind of holocaust.

NEVERTHELESS. Despite all that.
If jews want to live there..
and they do. And israelis are trapped anyway.
The country has to be defended.

---
that's my main thing. below I get a bit messy.

And the population should be inspired to becoming religious.. to earn G-d's protection.

I hope the country doesn't end up in the hands of non zionist rabbis. We need Kahanist rabbis..

Though even then, I worry..

Suppose the arabs get nuclear weapons.
And we have Emunah-trust in G-d, that things will be fine.

Look what happened to rabbi kahane. His emunah was incredible..  His ideas were based on that, as well as logic. But look what happened to him. G-d didn't protect him.
Now, you could argue, well, maybe that is because we didn't deserve him.

Well. you could say that after a nuclear holocaust too. So that isn't very reassuring, and it doesn't work as an argument for having emunah and taking crazy risks.

The great strength in kahanism as it was espoused in his speeches and english books to an american audience anyway, is largely that the secular has no plan whatsoever.

And transfer is the solution. 
(or was.. I'm not sure that the internal arab population becomes the majourity is a worry anymore either.   Look. When netanyahu in the past few years, cut welfare, which hurt religious jews, but also meant that arabs didn't get a cheque per baby, then the arab birthrate dropped down alot, and the religious jewish birthrate didn't drop much. So nobody is worrying about arabs becoming the majourity anymore).

The paragraph below is sa bit of a mess, but anyhow.
I think that rabbi kahane's arguments are far deeper and well thought out than the brilliant quick ones he gave to journalists. His style on talkshows and press conferences, was to answer people in the shortest way possible. He was able to give a 5 minute answer, or 1 minute  answer but he adapted to the formats he was in.  I never really saw him questioned much on his torah ideology.. There are about 3 torah shiurim things  from him online(YU,YU,kids) , but not organised.
I had bought ohr harayon, but it never arrived. I  am learning hebrew properly - largely so that I can read peirush hamaccabee. And, as kahane advised, as is obvious but not done nowadays, read tenach, mishna, that order..   Then I will have a better understanding of kahanism..  I think he was a Gadol, in hashkafa.  And he had the mind of a halachic gadol of the highest calibre. But he chose to devote his time to the Israel issue.   In a letter to his son baruch (see kahane biography vol 1), he wrote that he would like baruch to be the scholar that he could not be.  Rabbi Meir Kahane the scholar, we saw alot of, but they were only glimpses of his true brilliance, which was cut short with his murder. 
And so, he could probably answer alot of te issues that I have raised. But I will never know.. Maybe some intelligent person here can! 
I know that judeanoncapta has provided the first reasonable answer I have ever seen on the 3 oaths. About it being an aggadic midrash made up to modify the behaviour of the people of the time so they wouldn't rebel against the regime of the time. If it was so specific though , i'm not sure why it was included - in gemara. Maybe the rabbi thought that it applied in exile..

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
- Israel is the safest place for Jews, even though in the near future their will be very serious things going on, nevertheless it is much safer for Jews to live in Israel then in Galut.

- Your right, after the destruction, Jews scattered all over the world and it was needed for survival because of all Jews would of been in one place, an anti-semite could of arisen and destroyed us (even though we are given a promise that G-d will nver replace or destroy us, nevertheless the practical things had to be and were done, after the destruction of 2nd Temple and # of failed Rebellions).

- Yes anti-semitism exists, but a Jew should never be paranoid, if something happenes it is because G-d wants it. One should definitly try to prevent tragedy, but everything is in the hands of G-d and it is for the ultimate best.

- It is sad that you dont have Or Harayoon, everything is disgusted their.
- and about the 3 oaths Rav Kahane also addresses it, he says different then Judea. He says that their were the 3 oaths, BUT they were conditional on Israel and the nations. And since the nations violated the oaths, Israel is free from theirs. He also brings examples from Tannach of when their were Oaths and the other party violate them, it then freed Israel from their part. For example King David sending his general to fight Edom and Moav in Aram-Tzova and Aram-Naharia, and they bring the Torah as proof that we cant attack them, King David then goes to Sanhedrin and says that they violated the oath first, so we can attack them, and thats what they did. (also Samson, and much more, I g2g right now, but if you wish I can add more later).

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2008, 10:10:13 PM »
About Or Harayon, I just looked it up on Amazon.com and it is available

Volume I
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/9657044014/ref=sr_1_olp_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216346679&sr=8-3

Volume II
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/9657044022/ref=sib_dp_ptu#reader-link - Some excerts (I think it is out of stock right now, but at least you can see the chapters in the books and some writings.