Author Topic: Any Messianic Jews on here?  (Read 17200 times)

Offline WALK STRONG

• Junior JTFer
Any Messianic Jews on here?
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
Just wondering.
If, there are any, I would like to talk to you. You are welcome to shoot me a private email if you like.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:13:31 AM by WALK STRONG »

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Any Messianic Jews on here?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
That means jews that believe in jesus..

don't partake in games.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »
Are you Jewish?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:41 AM »
JfJ is not welcome here, so if there were they should leave.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

What is JFJ Jews for Jesus?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »
Walk Strong is banned. Attempts to convert Jews is absolutely forbidden on this forum.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »

What is JFJ Jews for Jesus?
Yes.

But I don't think Walk Strong was missionizing and we have no way of knowing if he belongs to JfJ.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
he was either a christian looking for jews that believe in jesus..

or he was a jew that believes in jesus,  looking for others.

their tactics are subtle, they say "messianic jews", they often don't say jesus or christian, they say yeshu .    this is an area that many are not familiar with.

I am in no doubt that JTF is not a meeting place or providing a meeting place or to be used to create a meeting place , for such people..

there are "messianic christians" but that's fine, that's something else. Still, they attract messianic jews.. They usually encourage jews to join them i.e. convert to christianity(but they are subtle). If they do that, that's not ok.. 

I knew a guy in a chat room that was bombarded by them.. and people didn't realise, so jews were at risk many are ignorant of their tactics. He uprooted them by asking them very strict questions.. And asking for yes or no answers.
If they are anywhere in between it means they are messy.. That was a jewish only chat room though.. prob not suitable for here

I may be out of place here saying what JTF stands for and what it does not.. But i'm probably right about this. If I am not then i'd be corrected.

Requesting some kind of meeting up for messianic jews .. that's not for JTF.. And advertising the fact that they are "messianic jews" as if that's ok here.. No.  

we don't build up a specific society of messianic jews here.
Just good righteous  honest jews and christians.   (and hindus and atheists or whatever).

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:53:05 AM by q_q_ »

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
he was either a christian looking for jews that believe in jesus..

or he was a jew that believes in jesus,  looking for others.

their tactics are subtle, they say "messianic jews", they often don't say jesus or christian, they say yeshu .    this is an area that many are not familiar with.

I am in no doubt that JTF is not a meeting place or providing a meeting place or to be used to create a meeting place , for such people..

there are "messianic christians" but that's fine, that's something else. Still, they attract messianic jews.. They usually encourage jews to join them i.e. convert to christianity(but they are subtle). If they do that, that's not ok.. 

I knew a guy in a chat room that was bombarded by them.. and people didn't realise, so jews were at risk many are ignorant of their tactics. He uprooted them by asking them very strict questions.. And asking for yes or no answers.
If they are anywhere in between it means they are messy.. That was a jewish only chat room though.. prob not suitable for here

I may be out of place here saying what JTF stands for and what it does not.. But i'm probably right about this. If I am not then i'd be corrected.

Requesting some kind of meeting up for messianic jews .. that's not for JTF.. And advertising the fact that they are "messianic jews" as if that's ok here.. No.  

we don't build up a specific society of messianic jews here.
Just good righteous  honest jews and christians.   (and hindus and atheists or whatever).

Obviously, no one wants missionaries around here.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
I know that, so do most people. Why don't you tell the wall?

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »
Messianic Jews are not Jews.  Jews for Jesus are not Jews.  If you believe Jesus is your Messiah that makes you a Christian.  I don't understand why so called Messianics insist on calling themselves Jews.  Why can't they just say they are Christian and be proud of it?  :o
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »

What's your problem?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

What's your problem?

Ask the wall

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »
Just wondering.
If, there are any, I would like to talk to you. You are welcome to shoot me a private email if you like.

I asked the wall and the wall said, "Nope"
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »
Ask the wall

Love is the answer.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
  Yeah RIGHT, so you could lead us to the SLAUGHTER.   FORCEFUL INDOCTRINATOR!!!!!!!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »
Attempts to convert Jews is absolutely forbidden on this forum.

If I had said that, q q would have instructed me to, "tell it to the wall".

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »
Walk Strong is banned. Attempts to convert Jews is absolutely forbidden on this forum.

Somebody could have the idea this fool wanted it this way.  ;)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »
Attempts to convert Jews is absolutely forbidden on this forum.

If I had said that, q q would have instructed me to, "tell it to the wall".

the difference is that you quoted me, as if telling me that. Even though, as I said.
It's already been said, by chaim, and everybody knows, and I know.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »

I think JFJ and Messianic Jews are two different groups though they both follow the same person. Their both pretty bad though.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 04:01:55 PM »

I think JFJ and Messianic Jews are two different groups though they both follow the same person. Their both pretty bad though.

It's the fact that they are jews and following jesus.

Not the fact that they follow jesus.

And even the latter are essentially missionaries

We have many christian members here and work together.

You understand that, so I don't know why you can't make sense in what you write, and write clearly.

Whoever wrote J4J was blurring things a little bit. But it is indeed the same concept.

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »
I have seen it posted a couple different ways on the forum, can someone explain what defines a Jew. Is it beliefs, blood/genetics, your parents, where you live or a combination of. Is someone that converts to Judaism the same as someone that is born a Jew?

Thanks
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Ze'ev

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »
I have seen it posted a couple different ways on the forum, can someone explain what defines a Jew. Is it beliefs, blood/genetics, your parents, where you live or a combination of. Is someone that converts to Judaism the same as someone that is born a Jew?

Thanks

yes

Jew can mean many things.  Although in religious terms things are different.

A Jew who converted to Xtianity is still a Jew according to halachic (sp?) law if I am not mistaken, and obviously is still a Jew in terms of blood/genetics.

I imagine many people would have many differing opinions on this however...

In any case...I actually have a close relative who (sadly, in a state of mental illness) became a Xtian, or at  least he calls himself one.
He actually thought he was J.C. at one point. (schizophrenia is not pretty)

He is much better now mentally...stable and everything, but still calls himself a X-tian (although he still also holds to many Jewish beliefs and customs as well).
Religious ideations are quite common among the mentally ill, and sadly there are too many instances of mental illness amongst our people.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 04:48:10 PM by Ze'ev »
Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
to say "jew that believes in jesus",  or "jewish christian"..

because of the suggestion that that's OK..

that makes it not OK in any jewish circles, so prob not OK here either.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »

Thanks

Shamgar,

A Jew who converts is considered a full Jew, there is no differentiation. I have posted a link to IsraelNationalNews which recently ran a good article on the value of the Jewish convert.

The Jewish Approach to Converts

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/8138

From the above linked article...

It is true that we are "racists," but we are racists in the positive sense of the word. We feel an obligation to rectify creation, as Rabbi Menashe of Iliya would say, "So long as even a single worm in the crevice of a stone is discomforted, the redemption has not arrived." As Jews, our most natural desire is that all people be blessed with happiness and we are forever working to better the world.

The horrid Nazi racists, on the other hand, who considered themselves "the chosen people," understood chosenness in an impure and negative sense. They believed that they deserve the best of everything and that everybody must serve them and work for them. We Jews, however, are inherently compassionate. We even show compassion to our adversaries.

Therefore, if a German or an Arab should seek to join the Jewish people, even if he is the son of a fierce anti-Semite, we shall accept him and love him like any other Jew. Moreover, we shall love him even more than other Jews, in keeping with the commandment to "love the convert, for you too were strangers in the land of Egypt." (Deuteronomy 10:19)

Relating to Converts
After a person converts to Judaism he is like any other Jew. In fact, one must be more sensitive to his feelings than those of other Jews. This is because of the extreme difficulties that a convert faces. After all, it is not easy to leave one's people and one's home in order to join a wise nation with an ancient culture and rich tradition, which is not so easily absorbed even after many years of study. This extreme transition calls for great inner strength, and even the slightest insult can undermine a convert's confidence and cause him great despair.

I hope this explains the Jewish idea of converts...

Thank you,
muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14