Author Topic: Why does ADL support Homo Marriage?  (Read 4457 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Why does ADL support Homo Marriage?
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »
Shalom,

It is so sad that an organization which was established to ensure that antisemitism doesnt rise again is now engaged in propagating the perverted idea of homosexual marriage. According to this story @ http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/proposition-8-whos-really-lying/story.aspx?guid=%7B5627F03A-80C6-4259-8A81-E5D73F237D93%7D&dist=hppr it appears ADL is against Proposition 8 {here in CA} which will make homo marriage legal here. I adamantly am against this sickness and will be voting for Prop 8 on election day.

From the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) Amicus Curiae Brief:
"In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, where the right of same-sex couples to marry is protected under the state constitution, it is particularly important to teach children about families with gay parents." [p 5]
"Diversity education is most effective when it begins during the students' formative years. The earlier diversity education occurs, the more likely it is that students will be able to educate their peers, thereby compounding the benefits of this instruction." [p 3]
(Note: The ADL is a leading member of the No on 8 campaign, and publicly announced they had joined the campaign opposing Proposition 8 on September 9, 2008.)

Shame on the ADL for violating such an important mitzvah. What kind of Jews are running this organization. At one time I almost supported these liberal fools, but I will never recommend that anyone give to the ADL again.

muman613

http://regions.adl.org/central-pacific/news/adl-joins-efforts-to-defeat.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:18:08 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Why does ADL support Homo Marriage?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »
They should just change their name to the Defamation League.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:59:08 PM »
The law is clear. Homosexuals are rejected by god. For them is no hope and no life in the next world - they will get only darkness and unlimited distance to god.

They want to educate young people ...

Imo they should do it rightly, or they should get lost!

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:15:58 PM »
It's one thing to tell kids not to hate someone for having a lifestyle like that. Even at that, I don't think schools should be telling them that. It's quite another step entirely to force kids to accept homosexuality as normal or even admirable, which they are now doing to kids in schools.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »
It's one thing to tell kids not to hate someone for having a lifestyle like that. Even at that, I don't think schools should be telling them that. It's quite another step entirely to force kids to accept homosexuality as normal or even admirable, which they are now doing to kids in schools.

this is Obama's education plan, to teach 5-12 yr. olds, not against "molesters," but that "pleasure" and "masturbation," is normal, then why else is this in his agenda. 

In California, the gays call Prop 8, "hate," which states marriage is between man and a woman.  should you be overheard saying anything against gays, it is regarded the same as racial discrimination.  wealthy gay activists are behind this movement and are trying to get this into legislation.  NO LAUGHING NO MATTER HOW RIDICULOUS THEY LOOK.  one night, doing some errands in W. Hollywood, a hairy, overweight, gay, was walking on his tippy toes, no shirt, with all his junk hanging out of his short shorts.  this is called INCECENT EXPOSURE and is against the law.  trying to get a Sheriff, across the street, from where I was, is a waste of time.  if you can even get one to come and investigate when called, they are too busy eyeballing who you are complaining about.  you get what i am saying, right?  THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH  OF GAYS AT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IN W. HOLLYWOOD, OTHERWISE, THEY WOULD BE REASSIGNED.  THEY WANT TO BE THERE, WHERE ALL THE ACTION IS, I.E., GAY CLUBS: RAGE, MICKEYS, TRUNKS, please.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 06:00:39 PM »
Why does ADL support Homo Marriage? 
Thats why they never get a penny from anyone in my family
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
100% agree
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people are actually surprised when Jewish organizations support liberal causes.  American Jews are probably 90% leftist. Conservative Jews are the minority in this country. Are people simply unaware of this or is it just too difficult to accept?

So of course the ADL supports gay marriage and every other leftist cause.  Why would you expect otherwise.       

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 02:59:27 AM »
Because them claim to be against Discrimination of all kinds. They are nuts. But we do need to give credit where it is due the ADL does great work but are weak on many issues
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 04:39:14 AM »
It never ceases to amaze me that people are actually surprised when Jewish organizations support liberal causes.  American Jews are probably 90% leftist. Conservative Jews are the minority in this country. Are people simply unaware of this or is it just too difficult to accept?

So of course the ADL supports gay marriage and every other leftist cause.  Why would you expect otherwise.       

Sparky you are so right.  Friends of the family are all Democrats and I could never understand it because my immediate family are Republicans.  We never argue and love these people.  They are life long best friends for generations.  I don't know how anyone could be a Democrat.  I think there is a disconnect in their brain chemistry.  Any sensible person would be a Republican. ;D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 04:52:37 AM »
[Subject of thread:] Why does ADL support Homo Marriage?

Are you able to try to answer your own question?

And did you forget your question when you wrote the body of your post?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:04:19 AM »
I am thinking (and of course, I could be wrong  :::D) that they are swinging that way because there is more MONEY in it??? With all the people turning liberal nowadays, it almost seems we are the minority....

Perhaps it is all about money, or at least some of it???
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »
I am thinking (and of course, I could be wrong  :::D) that they are swinging that way because there is more MONEY in it??? With all the people turning liberal nowadays, it almost seems we are the minority....

Perhaps it is all about money, or at least some of it???

it's not that they are influenced by liberals... they are the liberals!

they are not religious, and they are supposed to be against discrimination.  Their primary goal is not the wellbeing of children..

Even if one were to argue that children from such "marriages" are being discriminated against, you would have to argue how.
Are they being mocked in the classroom..
Are they being stunted emotionally..

If they were being mocked, that's not an inherent problem . The problem is with others.

If they are being stunted emotionally, that would be a strong argument against it. But it's difficult to prove. And even if it was proven.. or a correlation was shown. The loons would rather pay for psychiatrists for the children than discriminate against the parents!  But really if it could be shown, that would be a firm argument against them adopting children.

It's a bit like with blacks doing badly , politicians avoiding that issue.  (though they may make it worse perhaps.. by giving welfare)

Funnily enough, I suppose the right are also anti discrimination in a similar sense of being willing to make society worse for the sake of not discriminating. e.g. by being pro life, allowing crazy partying drunk girls not ready for motherhood, to become mothers.  Or not aborting mentally disabled children.
But at least that's from a reluctance to murder. That's a deeply moral reason. And they would have less crazy partying drink girls anyway.
It's more about being anti murder than being anti "discrimination".

If the ADL, and liberals infact, are so anti discrimination, they should be pro life too!  Not discriminating against an unborn child.
discriminating in a big way  - murder!

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »
The ADL is a bunch of liberal dirtbags! >:(

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 12:07:42 PM »

Welcome back

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 12:52:57 PM »
<snip>

q_q_,

Obviously you have never heard of the rhetorical question, have you?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Arhetorical+question

A question to which no answer is expected
www.thinkport.org/5d8dadfd-d99a-4295-88ce-ca8a39e449ff.asset

A question asked for effect, not in expectation of a reply. No reply is expected because the question presupposes only one possible answer. The lover of Suckling's "Shall I wasting in despair / Die because a lady's fair?" has already decided the answer is no.
www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/Section/Literary-Terms-Poetry-Glossary.id-305499,articleId-30165.html

A question intended to provoke thought, but not an expressed answer, in the reader. It is most commonly used in oratory and other persuasive genres.
www.novelguide.com/a/discover/nfs_0000_0023_0/nfs_0000_0023_0_00026.

You must be naive or just young... I don't know what is up with you but it seems you have some learning to do...

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »

Welcome back

Thanks! :) I FINALLY got settled here in NYC.  :dance:

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 11:09:15 PM »
<snip>

q_q_,

If somebody opens a thread asking a question, it's normally because they want a response. 

Who opens a thread with a rhetorical question?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
<snip>

q_q_,

If somebody opens a thread asking a question, it's normally because they want a response. 

Who opens a thread with a rhetorical question?

Very interesting q_q_.... But have you thought for a second that your normal may be other peoples abnormal?

I think you are asking a rhetorical question "Who opens a thread with a rhetorical quesion?" because you already know that I have started a thread with a rhetorical question. I am willing to wager that other posters here have topics which contain rhetorical questions.

Is there any particular reason you want to bring this topic up again?

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »
 Why are soo many people protesting over this?
We have to deal with [censored] obama, the same way they have to deal with prop 8.
What are they gonna do? Spit on the people's face and say they're vote  doesn't mean anything?
Why fight it deal with it. Majority rules as they say.

It still confuses me though. If Obama is a black racist.. or part of that church with wright he belonged to..
wouldn't he be against homosexual marriage? I notice most black racist are labeled "homophobes"

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 03:31:18 AM »
Why are soo many people protesting over this?
We have to deal with schvartza obama, the same way they have to deal with prop 8.
What are they gonna do? Spit on the people's face and say they're vote  doesn't mean anything?
Why fight it deal with it. Majority rules as they say.

It still confuses me though. If Obama is a black racist.. or part of that church with wright he belonged to..
wouldn't he be against homosexual marriage? I notice most black racist are labeled "homophobes"

My theory about obama is a bit different from JTFs.   I don't think he is a muslim.   He is a smooth talker, that's almost never a muslim trait, muslims tend to talk in black and white terms. And they pray 5 times a day if they are really serious!!  I can't believe that he does that.

He is an intelligent man, we saw that in his interview with O'Reilly.

He was a law professor!

I don't think that he listened to that pastor of his and thought "wow, this guy is really intelligent".  He respected certain aspects of him, and he feels kinship with the people there.   So much kinship that he accepted the vile things the pastor said.

I think Obama is an eclectic individual. And he wants to stay in touch with his roots. He is well aware of his success relative to the people he was brought up with. And he wants to stay grounded. So he went to that "church".

There is no way he believes in the quran, the bible, or even G-d. But like a true liberal, he'd say that certain parts strike a chord with him.

His eclectic behaviour though has been limited to communism and black radicalism and (because of childhood upbringing - islam). 
His associations have all been along those lines. And hat is worrying.

I don't think he is a muslim, but he certainly has strong sympathies with them, given his upbringing, and his liberalism, and black links.. His black "church" bookstore had lots of books on islam.  These all influenced him, but I think -inside- he keeps his distance from firm ideologies. He observes things as an outsider.. And that's another very annoying aspect of liberals. Their universalism means that they don't see themselves as american citizens except in a technical sense, but as citizens of the world. Out of self hatred they don't understand how great america is. They are not proud to be american. 
He is at least very sympathetic and comfortable with that anti-american feeling - look at who he married.

You really can't look at Obama, and think he is going to be a sheep following that pastor.   He is an intellectual.  His rhetoric was to win people over, particularly blacks and guilty whites. He knew it was just rhetoric. He was able to converse with O'Reilly.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 04:03:47 AM »
Great analysis q_q. I think the same.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2008, 04:40:30 AM »
Great analysis q_q. I think the same.  :)

well, if great minds think alike, then i'm honoured

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2008, 06:53:38 AM »
ADL may think that it's a good business to weaken religous Gentile rightists by promoting those things. After all, rightist were the main support to anti-Semitism during the Holocaust. When I was a teen I also thoght like them. But it's not the way of the Torah. And besides,  liberals have become a new threat now.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
I know why, and it is SICK. They can CLOSE down churches in USA. Because any REAL pastor will NEVER marry a homo couple, so, they ARE doing this to CLOSE DOWN churches in USA. This is TERRIBLE, I was telling this other forum member, that WE HAVE TO HELP Christians, we HAVE TO.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates