Author Topic: Jewish group confirms rabbi, wife killed in India  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Jewish group confirms rabbi, wife killed in India
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:46 PM »
NEW YORK – An ultra-orthodox Jewish group based in Brooklyn confirmed that a New York rabbi and his wife are among the dead in the India terrorist attack.

Rabbi Gavriel Noach Holtzberg and his wife, Rivkah, who ran the Chabad-Lubavitch movement's local headquarters in Mumbai, India, were killed during a hostage standoff at the center, the group said.

The center was one of 10 sites attacked beginning Wednesday.

The couple's toddler son, Moshe Holtzberg, was taken out of the center by an employee, and is now with his grandparents.

"Gabi and Rivky Holtzberg made the ultimate sacrifice," said Rabbi Moshe Kotlarsky, vice chairman of the educational arm of Chabad-Lubavitch.

The Holtzbergs arrived in Mumbai in 2003 to serve the local Jewish community. The two ran a synagogue, offering religious instruction and helping people dealing with drug addiction and poverty, Kotlarsky said.

Gavriel Holtzberg, 29, was born in Israel and moved to the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn with his parents when he was nine. His 28-yera-old wife was also Israeli-born.

Twelve hours after gunmen stormed the center Wednesday, Sandra Samuel, a cook at the center, heard little Moshe's cries outside the room in which she had barricaded herself. She opened the door, grabbed the toddler and ran outside with another center worker.

The little boy's pants were soaked with blood, and Samuel said she saw four people lying on the floor as she fled.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/india_shooting_us_victims

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Jewish group confirms rabbi, wife killed in India
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
   Don't expect Bnai Jessuron to be upset about this. Liberal Jews are partially responsible for this, because they always bend over backwards to appease the monsters responsible for the attacks. I just hope that India has the common sense to retaliate and do what is right despite whatever the UN tells them to do.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:13 PM »
I would rather be alive and hated, but respected than be a loved Auschwitz. 

here is an example of people feeling sorry for dead Jews...but it doesn't do a bit of good when your dead. >:(
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
Very tragic and very sad.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »
It is terrible and sad. Rest in peace.  :'(
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
   Don't expect Bnai Jessuron to be upset about this. Liberal Jews are partially responsible for this, because they always bend over backwards to appease the monsters responsible for the attacks. I just hope that India has the common sense to retaliate and do what is right despite whatever the UN tells them to do.

Well, I will tell you, I am glad at least that this isn't Israel, where the captured terrorists would almost certainly be freed in a few years as part of a "confidence-building" measure for Abbas. And 65% of the dumbs&%@ Israeli public would be just fine with it.

Anyway, words cannot express how angry I am right now. Only the rabbi's three-year-old child and the worker who sneaked him out survived.  :'(

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:55:15 PM »
India will know what to do with these guys.. they could give a rat's a** what the U.N tells them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 01:29:49 PM »
DEATH TO ISLAM, DEATH TO IRAN!

MAY THE BLOOD OF RABBI HOLTZBERG BE AVENGED!

I am in shock because of the inaction of the Jewish people. We have been so obviously attacked in this case. To attack the Jewish center was a premeditated plot. The Jewish population in India is miniscule yet they decided to attack this Chabad house. I love Chabad and give money each year to both the national and my local Chabad. I feel as if a member of my family has once again been taken from me and my family. They are trying to kill me and I feel that unless I fight back I am just commiting suicide by letting these islamic criminals get away with it.

I want to see the Muslims lying dead on the seashore just as the Egyptians were smited at the Sea of Reeds. I want to see Hashems outstretched hand smashing the Muslims leaving their putrid remains as testimony to his righteousness. I want to see Allah trampled and humiliated before the eyes of the world. May the Muslims be utterly destroyed!

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »

I am in shock because of the inaction of the Jewish people. We have been so obviously attacked in this case. To attack the Jewish center was a premeditated plot. The Jewish population in India is miniscule yet they decided to attack this Chabad house. I love Chabad and give money each year to both the national and my local Chabad. I feel as if a member of my family has once again been taken from me and my family. They are trying to kill me and I feel that unless I fight back I am just commiting suicide by letting these islamic criminals get away with it.

I want to see the Muslims lying dead on the seashore just as the Egyptians were smited at the Sea of Reeds. I want to see Hashems outstretched hand smashing the Muslims leaving their putrid remains as testimony to his righteousness. I want to see Allah trampled and humiliated before the eyes of the world. May the Muslims be utterly destroyed!

muman613

May G_d fulfill it...
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
I am angered and grieved at the same time. I am furious at these Islamists. I wish the whole world would identify this religion as a religion from hell. I wish the media would show it as it is and condemn it (wishful thinking, I know). I am deeply grieved for the family, and especially the son who has to grow up without his beloved parents. This must really anger God. I am furious. I hope all the American churches speak up about this. We all need to come against it. The Jewish people have been through enough. This is hiddeous, demonic, and horrible!!!  >:(

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »

muman613

Amen.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
Need of the hour... No more Jihadi Terrorism.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
I am angered and grieved at the same time. I am furious at these Islamists. I wish the whole world would identify this religion as a religion from hell. I wish the media would show it as it is and condemn it (wishful thinking, I know). I am deeply grieved for the family, and especially the son who has to grow up without his beloved parents. This must really anger G-d. I am furious. I hope all the American churches speak up about this. We all need to come against it. The Jewish people have been through enough. This is hiddeous, demonic, and horrible!!!  >:(

Excellent comments.     

My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of all the good people who lost their lives because of these terrorist beasts.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 02:48:59 PM »
AQ Jihadi centers at tremor struck Muzaffarabad and Muridke must be blown out...

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »
This calls for Jewish vengeance.  Someday we'll have a functioning Sanhedrin in the Land of Israel and a self-respecting Jewish establishment that will inspire fear of the G-d of Israel into all the world, especially Muslim terrorist swine like this.      This whole scenario is infuriating and gut wrenching at the same time. 

They were there to help the poor and drug addicts and all the travelling Israelis who needed something Jewish in their lives.  These chabad tzaddikim lived to give of themselves to others.   ZT"L, may G-d avenge their blood.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
This calls for Jewish vengeance.  Someday we'll have a functioning Sanhedrin in the Land of Israel and a self-respecting Jewish establishment that will inspire fear of the G-d of Israel into all the world, especially Muslim terrorist swine like this.      This whole scenario is infuriating and gut wrenching at the same time. 

They were there to help the poor and drug addicts and all the travelling Israelis who needed something Jewish in their lives.  These chabad tzaddikim lived to give of themselves to others.   ZT"L, may G-d avenge their blood.

And to religious jews travelling , as businessmen, or in their gap year before university..   Trying to keep kosher, and keep/observe shabbat.   It was a jewish outpost for all jews..
maybe even most jews that visited india, have looked for a chabad house ..

I wish they had all been armed..

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »

And to religious jews travelling , as businessmen, or in their gap year before university..   Trying to keep kosher, and keep/observe shabbat.   It was a jewish outpost for all jews..
maybe even most jews that visited india, have looked for a chabad house ..

I wish they had all been armed..

I really wonder why this animals always attack Chabad. Chabad is doing nothing bad, only good. They focus mainly on their own communities and are always kind to the gentiles.

In my country the evil people (quranimals and othe anti-semites) have attacked them and their institutions in the last time often. One time even with a knife.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 06:40:13 PM »
   I hope the media attention can at least be used by Chabad to promote Judaism. While the lives can never be replaced, I can see 770 sending even more people to fill the places of those butchered. I would normally prefer to see Jews sent to Israel, but in this case I'm deviating. The message needs to show the world that they cannot weaken us through persecution.
   There are a lot of Jews who have given up the faith and taken on Indian religions and cultures instead. That is why it is important to have a Chabad presence their to remind them that Hashem is still their G-d and that they can still return to the torah.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 07:12:25 PM »
<snip>
 I really wonder why this animals always attack Chabad. Chabad is doing nothing bad, only good. They focus mainly on their own communities and are always kind to the gentiles.

In my country the evil people (quranimals and othe anti-semites) have attacked them and their institutions in the last time often. One time even with a knife.

It's an outwardly jewish place.   Probably open to visitors almost 24/7, never empty.

there aren't many jewish places in india.   

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
I have been between Anger and Tears. Today I am ready to get some revenge. Islam is a [censored] Death Cult. Screw each and every last Muslims. I am going to wear a Kippah to work instead of a Hat tonight I don't give a [censored] what the Dirty Muslims tahat come on my line think
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »
G-d bless these beautiful Jewish missionaries (and now martyrs). I don't think their deaths were in vain, even if we cannot see it now. May G-d avenge their blood, and visit their fate on all self-hating Judeo-Christians who feel sympathy for Islamic Amalek. King David cried out to G-d to ferociously judge his (and His) enemies. We should all lift up similar imprecations to the L-rd right now.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 12:37:15 AM »
Where is the outrage about this?  The media is mum as usual and the politicians are not identifying the real cause of this yet.

According to that satanic religion of islam "The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem)." (this is stated in Hamas charter)

http://www.muslimaccess.com/sunnah/hadeeth/muslim/041.html

Imagine if some Jews or IDF soldiers killed a muslim mullah or US soldiers in Iraq murdered a muslim imam ....there would be a world wide outrage and riots everywhere.  The evil left wing media is fond of running stories about how fags are persecuted by religious fundamentalists and how religious fundamentalists want to destroy abortion clinics.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:44:48 AM by Christian Zionist »
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »
That is so true. I heard the Iranian leader say that he must bring chaos in order for his false Messiah to come to reign on the earth. They want to kill the Jews and America to bring about this chaos he speaks of.....I think they believe that their false Messiah will come out of Iraq at the time of chaos to bring "peace" (false peace). It is all about killing. I think that is why we must do all that we can to financially help the Jewish people to protect them from these demonic attacks. We need to help financially and with outspokenness....in every way, protect God's chosen people.....I have such a burning desire to do this.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:33 AM »
And we cannot forget that the rabbi and his wife who were killed were the best of the best even amongst great jews. They gave up the comforts of home to help their fellow jews. This is just another example of why lubavitchers are so wonderful. I wish Chaim was in power in Israel so we could have a real leader who would properly avenge the death of these two wonderful jews.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline siddino86

• New JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »
This event has happened in my home country. It breaks my heart to see the absolute disregard for life, If this islamists want a war why dont they have the guts to do it against the th Indian army. If you watch any video on youtube about this; you notice how the pakistanis are gloating about this whole incident. We need to wipe the smirk off their face; I think the world is realizing that the terrorists are uniting. Its time for us to Unite and fight this head on. They wanted to kill 5000 people.
Long live India-Israel Unity.