Author Topic: Can someone please explain this to me.  (Read 8783 times)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Can someone please explain this to me.
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
I believe the Tenach a SERIOUS book. Daniel is my #1 right now.

AisheDina,

I dont want to correct you for any reason other than for your own education.

Tenak is an acronym for Torah, Naviim, and Ketuvah which are the 5 books of Moses, the Prophets, and the other writings.

You sound redundant when you say Torah and Tenakh as if they are separate entities. I think you meant Tanach and Talmud which would encompass both the Written and the Oral Torah. Of course there is the more general term Torah which in context means all of Jewish teachings.

That line you quoted from Ashedina was actually perfectly fine.

If you are trying to comment on a different line, it is better to quote the right thing instead of the wrong thing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »

AisheDina,

Tenak is an acronym for Torah, Naviim, and Ketuvah which are the 5 books of Moses, the Prophets, and the other writings.

You sound redundant when you say Torah and Tenakh as if they are separate entities. I think you meant Tanach and Talmud which would encompass both the Written and the Oral Torah. Of course there is the more general term Torah which in context means all of Jewish teachings.

If you are trying to comment on a different line, it is better to quote the right thing instead of the wrong thing.

Yes, it is obvious I was talking about

"Lately I have been ALL over the Tanach and Torah. ALL of the answer are in there."

It is redundant to say "ALL over the Tanach and Torah"...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 04:12:41 PM »

AisheDina,

Yes, it is obvious I was talking about

"Lately I have been ALL over the Tanach and Torah. ALL of the answer are in there."

It is redundant to say "ALL over the Tanach and Torah"...

could mean Torah in general and Tenach in particular.

a number of links so far have quoted from around the Torah..

and she reads the tenach alot.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 04:18:57 PM »
I have not studied the book of Daniel for awhile now...but over the years I have heard MANY teachings on it in regards to the end times......

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 04:31:26 PM »

AisheDina,

Well dag nabbit man, I cant see worth a beans today. I cant find my glasses. you can even ask Chaim, I AM BLIND without them.  :P

OH *** ALSO, I am a MAVERICK little Jewess Muman, sorry.. I dont think I would ever be Orthodox. Whaah
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
Muman, I DID tell you that I am Marrano/crypto right? We had NO religion in my home.  NONE whatsoever. We knew who and what we were, but thats ALL.   I am not meaning to put you down or be nasty. Im sorry.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »
Muman, I DID tell you that I am Marrano/crypto right? We had NO religion in my home.  NONE whatsoever. We knew who and what we were, but thats ALL.   I am not meaning to put you down or be nasty. Im sorry.

AsheDina,

I have a good memory and I remember everything you have told me {at least I think I do}.

It is wonderful that you have such a strong interest in the Jewish religion. My only reason for mentioning this little point was because often people throw around the word Tanakh without really knowing what it is. To me when one says Torah and Tanakh it sounds redundant because Tanakh includes Torah {Chumash/5 books of Moshe}. The other confusion is because Torah also has the generic meaning of "Teachings" which encompasses all Jewish writings.

You can say it any way you like... If you already knew this then just tell me.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14