Author Topic: Can someone please explain this to me.  (Read 8784 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Can someone please explain this to me.
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:48:04 PM »
  I have been reading Daniel online, can you please tell me what this is? Is this happening now?  Does the Tanach point to now times? Because I see evil like this, all over, and I think that Obama is the evil that has come.  Am I wrong or crazy or WHAT? Dont you think HaShem would expose these evil fierce countenence destroyers? If he is the evil, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE HELPED BY G-D??

http://www.davening.net/tanach/dan.htm

8:19 And he said: 'Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the latter time of the indignation; for it belongeth to the appointed time of the end.

8:20 The ram which thou sawest having the two horns, they are the kings of Media and Persia.

8:21 And the rough he-goat is the king of Greece; and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

8:22 And as for that which was broken, in the place whereof four stood up, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not with his power.

8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors have completed their transgression, there shall stand up a king of fierce countenance, and understanding stratagems.

8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power; and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper and do; and he shall destroy them that are mighty and the people of the saints.

8:25 And through his cunning he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and in time of security shall he destroy many; he shall also stand up against the prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Can someone please explain this to me.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 12:00:50 PM »
Can anyone plz explain this to me, or do we actually have people that study Torah & Tanach that dont know?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 04:33:41 PM »
I MEAN OVER HERE- NOBODY STILL CAN HELP ME WITH THIS SCRIPTURE??
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »
THERE ARE 172 PEOPLE ONLINE 4:58 ON WEDNESDAY- AND NOBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
The prophet probably implies about four exiles that the Jews will undergo:

1. Babylon (is it Media?)
2. Persia
3. Greece
4. Rome ("there shall stand up a king of fierce countenance, and understanding stratagems... and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper and do; and he shall destroy them that are mighty and the people of the saints.")

Rome is the last, the hardest exile and it is not over. We live in it now.

The idea of four exiles is well-known in Judaism. I wonder if the excerpt you cite is the source of it.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
I would help you Dina but, I also don't really understand it.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/145402/jewish/The-Torah.htm

Maybe it will help you, Questions about the Torah.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 04:50:51 PM »
THERE ARE 172 PEOPLE ONLINE 4:58 ON WEDNESDAY- AND NOBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS?

Hello AsheDina,

This is not a simple question you ask. I actually have never read the book of Daniel and look forward to learning it.

Is Obama the epitome of evil? That will be revealed in coming days. When will Hashem send the redeemer? This too we don't know the answer and have to wait each day for Moshiach.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
at 05:50:05 PM
at 05:50:33 PM

I wanted help FIRST!!!  >:(  :laugh:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

Hello AsheDina,

This is not a simple question you ask. I actually have never read the book of Daniel and look forward to learning it.

Is Obama the epitome of evil? That will be revealed in coming days. When will Hashem send the redeemer? This too we don't know the answer and have to wait each day for Moshiach.

Muman, Daniel is one of the GREATEST books I have EVER read. It is EXCELLENT. I, personally have been tearing through this book, b/c right now there are SO MANY SIMILARITIES to whats going on, and to be honest, I have NO other place to look for upcoming things in this terrible EVIL world, BUT the word of G-d, period.  Isaiah ALSO metions a day when "the 2 towers fell"  So, WE ARE in there. I know this. I just wish I could break down this to a T. And I pray somehow that G-d would show me SOMETHING, anything to protect us.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »
The "great horn" is talking about Alexander the Great, who was a Greek ruler.  His kingdom was later divided into 4 portions, which were ruled by the 4 horns that "stood up out of the nation".  These 4 horns are the kings Ptolemy I Soter, Seleucus, Lysimachus, and Cassander.  The "king of fierce countenance" at the end is Antiochus Ephiphanes, who was a vicious anti-Semite who defiled the temple and sacrificed a pig on the altar.

Dan, I can see history repeating as I totally 100% BELIEVE that Hussein will do SIMILAR to the Jewish people AND to righteous Christians, not just any ol Jew though, I mean Jews that LIVE for pleasing HaShem..
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »
  I have been reading Daniel online, can you please tell me what this is? Is this happening now?  Does the Tanach point to now times? Because I see evil like this, all over, and I think that Obama is the evil that has come.  Am I wrong or crazy or WHAT? Dont you think HaShem would expose these evil fierce countenence destroyers? If he is the evil, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE HELPED BY G-D??

8:19 And he said: 'Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the latter time of the indignation; for it belongeth to the appointed time of the end.

8:20 The ram which thou sawest having the two horns, they are the kings of Media and Persia.

8:21 And the rough he-goat is the king of Greece; and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

8:22 And as for that which was broken, in the place whereof four stood up, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not with his power.

8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors have completed their transgression, there shall stand up a king of fierce countenance, and understanding stratagems.

8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power; and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper and do; and he shall destroy them that are mighty and the people of the saints.

8:25 And through his cunning he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and in time of security shall he destroy many; he shall also stand up against the prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Hi AsheDina! Nice to see you. I think it means this : I think Obama is the New Monster of the Century....I think he may help the Arab Moslems destroy Israel.
This ( New Monster ) Obama wants to fight the Moshiach....so he can rule the World. Last Century it was Hitler...this Century it is Obama.

Shalom AsheDina....hugs Dox

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »

Dan 12:9     And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Maybe it's not the time. :teach:

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 02:25:16 AM »
generally most jews haven't looked that much into prophecy..

Spectator is quite a knowledgeable guy(I saw this from his posts recently)

and DanBenNoah - noachide, isn't jewish..

so that explains how they knew..

Still, it has been looked into..

quite deeply.  though it's not a really popular thing

Daniel mentioned 4 exiles.. but other texts talk of a 5th - the Yishmaelite Exile.

Our exile in rome/  the world of christiandom has come to an end.

Rabbi Chayim Vital was a student of the Arizal - a great kabbalist that claimed to have heavenly teachers.. considered one of the greatest kabbalists in jewish history..

http://dafyomireview.com/article.php?docid=269
The Final Exile of Yishmael (forefather of Arabs)
by Rav Chaim Vital
Check that link out, it has quite alot.

There is also a book
The Ishmaelite Exile
By Rabbi Yechiel Weitzman
published by *feldheim* (feldheim are very good)

I haven't read it.. but apparently it's good.   I heard somebody speaking about it, he said that for our sins we have entered this new exile.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 07:27:58 AM »

Daniel mentioned 4 exiles.. but other texts talk of a 5th - the Yishmaelite Exile.

Rabbi Chayim Vital was a student of the Arizal - a great kabbalist that claimed to have heavenly teachers.. considered one of the greatest kabbalists in jewish history..

by Rav Chaim Vital

Great article. It indirectly explains the reason why it is so hard for us to deal with the Arabs (Yishmael).
And it also show the method how to get rid of Yishmael's yoke:

"Because for this he is called Yishmael, that in the future Yisrael will scream out, tremendous screams in the days of his exile, and the 'Yishma' - 'El' (G-d will hear), and will answer them"

I.e. the Jews should understand that only G-d is the real authority and to return to Him.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »

by Rav Chaim Vital

Great article. It indirectly explains the reason why it is so hard for us to deal with the Arabs (Yishmael).
And it also show the method how to get rid of Yishmael's yoke:

there are mystical writings about it.. I think the zohar...says..about this..

I read once that yishmael the nation, recieves merit for yishmael's circumcision at 13..  100 years for each of the 13. (1300 years)
Mohammed who claimed descent from yishmael and started all the arabs claiming that.. He was around 600CE.   1300 years is around 1900CE
So their time is up or almost up.. G-d will flush them out.

There is always that risk though, that for our sins, G-d will flush us out.

I think it's the zohar that also says that in or near the end of days, Edom will fight Yishmael but neither will take control of the holy land.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 08:14:54 AM »

Hi AsheDina! Nice to see you. I think it means this : I think Obama is the New Monster of the Century....I think he may help the Arab Moslems destroy Israel.
This ( New Monster ) Obama wants to fight the Moshiach....so he can rule the World. Last Century it was Hitler...this Century it is Obama.

Shalom AsheDina....hugs Dox

YES, I AGREE!!! He is ANOTHER Monster to DESTROY Jews and righteous Gentiles.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »

Dan 12:9     And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words [are] closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Maybe it's not the time. :teach:

Bob- it is SO the TIME of the End, I see it, its all over, its time for the POWER of G-d to SHOW UP.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 08:18:40 AM »
generally most jews haven't looked that much into prophecy..

Spectator is quite a knowledgeable guy(I saw this from his posts recently)

and DanBenNoah - noachide, isn't jewish..

so that explains how they knew..

Still, it has been looked into..

quite deeply.  though it's not a really popular thing

by Rav Chaim Vital
Check that link out, it has quite alot.

There is also a book
The Ishmaelite Exile
By Rabbi Yechiel Weitzman
published by *feldheim* (feldheim are very good)

I haven't read it.. but apparently it's good.   I heard somebody speaking about it, he said that for our sins we have entered this new exile.

q_q, Dear, dont you think that we SHOULD look into these things? I do, but I must confess that I have always been a person that wants to protect people, so obviously I believe the ONLY place I can look for the necessary information is Torah and the Tanach, there is NO other source BUT the word of G-d.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
<snip>
q_q, Dear, dont you think that we SHOULD look into these things? I do, but I must confess that I have always been a person that wants to protect people, so obviously I believe the ONLY place I can look for the necessary information is Torah and the Tanach, there is NO other source BUT the word of G-d.

In the sense that all Torah is holy, yes.. But I don't think it's of practical use..

There are these prophecies of negative things, which come from our sin, and can be avoided - not by finding some cunning way to avoid them - but by  following G-d. Or lessened by following G-d.  Now the situation has hit us, fighting yishmael, we can see what we are up against.. We know enough to even be cunning in dealing with our silly enemy. But there is nothing of practical use in that prophecy to tell us anything we don't already know about how to deal with it, the message is to follow G-d.
And the obvious thing is to fight those that come to kill us, which judaism demands (and doing that is common sense anyway).

It helps to know about Esau, and Yishmael.. Though that's talked about early on in tenach , in Genesis. And we know that really well. And we've experienced both.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
<snip>

In the sense that all Torah is holy, yes.. But I don't think it's of practical use..

There are these prophecies of negative things, which come from our sin, and can be avoided - not by finding some cunning way to avoid them - but by  following G-d. Or lessened by following G-d.  Now the situation has hit us, fighting yishmael, we can see what we are up against.. We know enough to even be cunning in dealing with our silly enemy. But there is nothing of practical use in that prophecy to tell us anything we don't already know about how to deal with it, the message is to follow G-d.
And the obvious thing is to fight those that come to kill us, which judaism demands (and doing that is common sense anyway).

It helps to know about Esau, and Yishmael.. Though that's talked about early on in tenach , in Genesis. And we know that really well. And we've experienced both.

Lately I have been ALL over the Tanach and Torah. ALL of the answer are in there. I dont know why more people dont read it. Maybe I shouldnt say that, but it really does seen that Christians in USA have totally forsaken the "O.T." which is strikingly similar, (things taken out) to Torah. Proverbs, for ie.. it has ways to deal with people.  WITHOUT law- which is Torah, in a nation like America, we are DOOMED. My nation, q_q, is FORSAKING its Judao roots of law, its sad.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 12:07:20 PM »
<snip>

Lately I have been ALL over the Tanach and Torah. ALL of the answer are in there. I dont know why more people dont read it. Maybe I shouldnt say that, but it really does seen that Christians in USA have totally forsaken the "O.T." which is strikingly similar, (things taken out) to Torah. Proverbs, for ie.. it has ways to deal with people.  WITHOUT law- which is Torah, in a nation like America, we are DOOMED. My nation, q_q, is FORSAKING its Judao roots of law, its sad.

I think you'll find that diaspora jewry are less familiar with the prophets and writings portion of tenach.

I think christians are often very familiar with the prophets.. They don't have as much to learn and do as jews do.

but in israel, where people are naturally completely fluent in hebrew without any effort, from a young age, there may be more familiarity.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:11 PM »
Why Christians?? All the Christians I meet, they think the Torah and Tenach INVALID.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
Why Christians?? All the Christians I meet, they think the Torah and Tenach INVALID.

evangelical christians that love israel .. I've even heard a political one, come out with the line that when you bless Israel you will be blessed!

there are loads of israel loving christians.. christian zionists, the christian right.

The ones here are very biblical.. they believe the Tanach.. and unless my memory is failing me.. Tanach=tenach.
They don't believe in following the laws.. but they believe G-d promising Abraham Isaac and Jacob the land of israel, and the jews return to the land.. and so on..

The christians here take these Tanach things seriously.. and there are loads of christians here.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
I believe the Tenach a SERIOUS book. Daniel is my #1 right now.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »
I believe the Tenach a SERIOUS book. Daniel is my #1 right now.

AisheDina,

I dont want to correct you for any reason other than for your own education.

Tenak is an acronym for Torah, Naviim, and Ketuvah which are the 5 books of Moses, the Prophets, and the other writings.

You sound redundant when you say Torah and Tenakh as if they are separate entities. I think you meant Tanak and Talmud which would encompass both the Written and the Oral Torah. Of course there is the more general term Torah which in context means all of Jewish teachings.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14