General Category > Ask Posters Show Threads

Ask me about arabs.

<< < (8/14) > >>

Madmarv:

--- Quote from: Zelhar on August 02, 2009, 01:33:49 PM ---Do you vote for the Knesset, to whom ?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I wasn't politically active in the past, my views were so different back then, usually I used to vote just like my father and the rest of the family.
I don't know much about our parties in the kenesset so far, I acknowledge this as a bad thing, so I will have to work and research more about every one of them, when I do, I'll let you know. :)
Meanwhile, why don't you give me your opinion or the most common opinion in your (or this) community about the kenesset and which party would you vote to and which president. However, it have to be something not extremely right, and not extremely left. For example, I won't support a party that says "kick all arabs from the country..." I don't wanna get kicked out of my home that my grand grandparent lived here, however I will do my best to support and progress this country and its quality of life.
And I won't accept a party that sympathize with arabs too much as well, like, I wont also support a party that supports giving in to arabs from inside or outside israel (be it from gaza or anywhere else), or for that matter, sympathize a lot toward immigration into israel with no good reason. Well I hope you got the idea. If you got a good place to start my research with, I'd be appreciated. If not, google is my best friend. :)

Zelhar:

--- Quote from: Madmarv on August 02, 2009, 01:54:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zelhar on August 02, 2009, 01:33:49 PM ---Do you vote for the Knesset, to whom ?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I wasn't politically active in the past, my views were so different back then, usually I used to vote just like my father and the rest of the family.
I don't know much about our parties in the kenesset so far, I acknowledge this as a bad thing, so I will have to work and research more about every one of them, when I do, I'll let you know. :)
Meanwhile, why don't you give me your opinion or the most common opinion in your (or this) community about the kenesset and which party would you vote to and which president. However, it have to be something not extremely right, and not extremely left. For example, I won't support a party that says "kick all arabs from the country..." I don't wanna get kicked out of my home that my grand grandparent lived here, however I will do my best to support and progress this country and its quality of life.
And I won't accept a party that sympathize with arabs too much as well, like, I wont also support a party that supports giving in to arabs from inside or outside israel (be it from gaza or anywhere else), or for that matter, sympathize a lot toward immigration into israel with no good reason. Well I hope you got the idea. If you got a good place to start my research with, I'd be appreciated. If not, google is my best friend. :)

--- End quote ---
There is only one party in the Knesset who merits voting for, האיחוד הלאומי. Any other Party is willing to pursue further with suicidal policies such as retreats, expulsion of Jewish settlers, no proper retaliation for fear of being accused of war crimes etc.

While I think you as a minority have the right to be represented in the Knesset, it is questionable whether you should get a say on key matters such as immigration rights to Israel, giving up land, war, peace etc. In my opinion gentiles citizens in Israel should avoid such matters. For this reason I also think they should have the option not to serve in the Army.

But as the situation is right now, I think 85% of the gentiles, namely the muslims, don't belong at all to Israel since they oppose its very existence. Them- I want to leave and I prefer it would be done with their cooperation but if they do not, well, tough luck.

So who should you vote for ? In my opinion, as it is now, your choice is as limited as mine-  either to the NU not vote at all.

Madmarv:
Hmm, I see...
But I might disagree with you on this matter:
"While I think you as a minority have the right to be represented in the Knesset, it is questionable whether you should get a say on key matters such as immigration rights to Israel, giving up land, war, peace etc. In my opinion gentiles citizens in Israel should avoid such matters. For this reason I also think they should have the option not to serve in the Army."

The minorities of every country, is still part of the country. excluding them out in some governmental issues is not fair, and they should serv the army normally. Ofcourse, I'm not talking about a minority like we have here in israel, where they don't even recognize its very existence. But any other minority, be it racial minority, religious minority, you name it.
If that minority played by the rules (unlike the little minority you mentioned above of mostly muslims) then there is no reason to ignore them in government.

Imo, we should start doing something for that little stubborn minority of muslims that are against us in everything, living among our homes, preaching hatred against us and putting fear into our hearts, we should try fixing this issue first before we even think of bringing the arab minority on par with the israelian government. I hope this day would be soon, I wanna leave a safe place for generations to come after.

Zelhar:
I think we should use some common sense. Do you think you should be part of making a decision on matter s.a if Jews from the exile should be able to immigrate to Israel or not ? And when it comes to matters of natural security, I think you might have a conflict of interest. May be you have family and social ties to Lebanon ? In case a gentile has conflicting interests he must not involve himself in a decision on matters of national security.

Hyades:

--- Quote from: YimachShemotoIslam on August 02, 2009, 10:30:02 AM ---What is your opinion on the Maronite Christians living in and outside Lebanon? Would you consider them pro-Israel?

--- End quote ---

I've been living in Sao Paulo for 2 years. And I can tell you Maronites are very anti-Israeli! Sao Paulo has the biggest Maronite community outside the Middle East and about 4 million people there are of Arab descent. They are not anti-Semitic at all, but very anti-Israel!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version