Author Topic: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78  (Read 8088 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
why the celebration ?

He founded an organization that was dedicated to getting Jews to leave Judaism.

And ?

Thats what Christians do. Evangelize.

Was he some far left-wing nut, or am i missing something.

You have heard of J4J? They try to make dumb Jews believe that Jesus was the Jewish messiah..They attempt to continue to practice the Mitzvahs, but they accept the false messiah as their savior... These people are the most wicked vile pieces of human drek because they attack our weak and unlearned Jews, just like Amalek did...

I hope that J4J is swallowed up by the earth like the followers of Korach...

I assumed you'd feel about them the way you feel about liberal Jews....always holding out hope that they would do teshuvah.

Yes, there is always hope for those who were duped by the charlatans... But the Charlatans themselves are the ones I hope the earth swallows, like the followers of Korach...

Here is an awesome story from Aish.com which they posted recently:

http://www.aish.com/sp/so/93663419.html

It is about a couple, a Jewish woman who converted out and a man who had a long journey and ended up being Torah observant Jews who now live in Israel... It is stories like this which give me hope, and the ability to look past the Jews current failings toward their eventual redemption.

Penina Taylor is a woman with a mission – to fight missionaries. She's an expert in the field. She knows their tactics and understands their philosophy, because, prior to her commitment to a Jewish life, Penina's greatest passion was to convert Jews to Christianity.

Penina grew up in a single-parent home. Her Jewish mother struggled to make ends meet while studying to become a registered nurse. Left on her own much of the day, she became the object of abuse. Traumatized and miserable, she fell in with the "wrong crowd." It wasn't long before she was smoking and drinking, and failing school. "I was tumbling head over heels straight into the abyss," Penina explains. "I had lots of existential questions, but absolutely no answers."

At age 15, Penina talked with one of her schoolmates about the direction her life was taking. Her friend spoke about putting her trust in God and developing a relationship with Jesus. "The strength of her belief resonated with me. I was searching for something deeper than myself, and this was the answer."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 08:53:35 PM »
wait..didn't we curse this guy to die of cancer?   :dance:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »
Baruch Hashem this piece of human excrement has left this world. This organization will burn in gehinnom for leading all the Jews astray to follow a foreign G-d. All missionaries should be shot on sight!

Shot on sight ? Thats kind of insane wouldnt you say.

If someone hates a Jew just for being Jewish, they are called a Nazi. But a Christian should be shot on sight just for being Christian ? Quite the double standard, id say.

What about freedom of religion and free will ? Missionaries arent forcing anyone to do anything. I assume you're not a communist.

This is not 'Hating Christians', as you put it...

One who turns a Jew away from G-d is a cursed person, and worthy of nothing but contempt.

This is one reason Jews and Christians have such a hard time getting along. Your religion is one which prosetylizes while Judaism does not attempt to convert anyone... Only those who want to convert are allowed the chance to do so. We don't force G-d down anyones throught, at the tip of a sword, or threaten to burn them at stakes, as so many Jews died at the hands of the Inquisitors.

I don't want to say how I feel when I hear about these cursed missionaries... Please Hashem restrain me..

PS: Freedom of religion means respecting a Jews religion and not attempting to sell him a bad apple.

We don't send 'missionaries' into places where there are non-practicing christians and attempt to get them to convert. It is a basic difference between your religion and ours. And a reason I believe Judaism is superior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J4j

I guess in the end, we'll find out who was right and wrong. Until then you shouldnt promote killing Christians who see it differently and wanna share their views with others (including Jews). That is vicious and cruel.

You say it would be hard for us to get along, uhh yeah obviously. I am all for free speech and free will and you wanna supress it. Thats what they do in North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

Judging by ur comments, i think if you had it ur way you would tear down all the churches in Israel too. You wouldnt want that 'bad apple' influencing anyone, right.

The way i see it, you're the offensive apple. The irony is that you live in a Christian country and enjoy all the liberties that come with it, you give hypocrisy a whole new meaning.

I guess with all the Christian bashing i see around here--in this thread and others, i must be in the wrong place. And ull probably say eh, who cares its just one person but i would bet my life there are many Christians out there that wanna join JTF but get turned off by ppl like Munman, Ron Ben and other Christian haters.

To all the real freedom-loving conservatives here, take care and be well.

And death to communism, God is on our side !!

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

In case some of you "Christians" on this forum forgot:

NUMBER ONE:  It's not christian to be happy when someone dies. Especially someone who did no harm to you.

NUMBER TWO:   Seeking converts is one of the principles of christianity, like it or not

Moshe92

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 10:08:04 PM »
Judging by ur comments, i think if you had it ur way you would tear down all the churches in Israel too.

I would. When we take power in Israel, there will not be a church or mosque left standing.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
Judging by ur comments, i think if you had it ur way you would tear down all the churches in Israel too.

I would. When we take power in Israel, there will not be a church or mosque left standing.

Oh, so you'd be ok we tearing down the synogogues in the christian countries?  you're real  just  Moshe

Moshe92

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 10:19:37 PM »

Oh, so you'd be ok we tearing down the synogogues in the christian countries?  you're real  just  Moshe

Which countries are you talking about?

Moshe92

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
There are many good Christians in America and other countries, but the Christians in Israel are usually either Arabs or missionaries. They're not such great people.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2010, 10:26:19 PM »
There are many good Christians in America and other countries, but the Christians in Israel are usually either Arabs or missionaries. They're not such great people.
The vast majority of Arab "Christians" (and Albanian "Christians" and Tamil "Christians") are anti-Semites and 100% behind their Muslim Nazi brothers. TIME Magazine once did a "behind the scenes" look at Tiger-occupied territory in northeastern Sri Lanka. They had a photo of a Tamil "Catholic" who had portraits of Tamil shahids right next to the pictures of saints. Or think of those Lebanese and Syrian priests who dedicate sermons to Sheik Nasrallah.

Moshe92

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »
The vast majority of Arab "Christians" (and Albanian "Christians" and Tamil "Christians") are anti-Semites and 100% behind their Muslim Nazi brothers. TIME Magazine once did a "behind the scenes" look at Tiger-occupied territory in northeastern Sri Lanka. They had a photo of a Tamil "Catholic" who had portraits of Tamil shahids right next to the pictures of saints. Or think of those Lebanese and Syrian priests who dedicate sermons to Sheik Nasrallah.

^^^^

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 10:35:46 PM »
It is a known principle at JTF that missionaries are frowned upon. This is why Chaim celebrated the 'loss' of this shepard who lead Jews astray.

Judaism is against prosetylization. A person born a Jew has a Jewish mission. When a Christian missionary tries to poison his mind with non-Jewish scriptures it is really a desecration of G-d and his people. Maybe the poor 'soul' doesn't realize it but it is damaged when it loses its connection to the Jewish people.

I hope any Christians who are hoping to help us are understanding that we don't accept the christian messiah as the promised Moshiach. There are numerous proofs of the validity of Torah, and the fact that Moshiach has not arrived, and I will not go into it unless someone is really interested.... But let us just leave it that Judaism has a legitimate reason for not believing that your savior is the Moshiach which Hashem will send to redeem the Jewish people.

I am sorry that this saddens some of you.. But it makes me so very happy that Hashem and his promise are still living and breathing, and able to say that our belief is true, and it is why we have clung to it for all these thousands of years. Judaism is growing, by bringing back the lost Jews, by outreach Judaism and by Chabad. There are so many Jews in the Baal Teshuva movement who are learning about their Jewish roots.

Read this:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,46071.new.html#new
http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
In case some of you "Christians" on this forum forgot:

NUMBER ONE:  It's not christian to be happy when someone dies. Especially someone who did no harm to you.

NUMBER TWO:   Seeking converts is one of the principles of christianity, like it or not

ape, I hope you're not trying to engage in religious polemics here!

Firstly, Moishe Rosen was not a Christian. He didn't follow normative Christianity. His religious blend of Jewish beliefs with Christianity is nothing more than a cult. I would actually prefer dealing with a Christian missionary in this country than with a member of "J4J". At the very least, I would know what I'm dealing with. Moishe Rosen and all of the other Moishe Rosen's are deceitful snakes who are worthy of nothing but contempt. Obviously, I shed no tears over his death.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »

Not necessarily true, Moshe. In a Kahanist run state, Gentiles who wish to live in Israel will be permitted to worship their religion. They will not have national rights, but they will retain their personal rights and have the status of a ger toshav (resident stranger/alien).

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 11:25:11 PM »
Actually, this question has been asked on a past Ask JTF show.  In a Kahanist Israel, people would be free to worship as long as they accept Jewish sovereignty over the land. 

Now speaking of missionaries, I've read up on Iranian Jewish history, as my family is from Iran.  One tactic of the missionaries in winning Muslim converts was to get them all worked up over the Jews killing Jesus.  This is how they would encourage the Muslims and egg them on, to go after the Jews and harm them. 

As for Christian Arabs in Israel and the Middle East, for all intents and purposes, they're pretty identical to the Muslims.  There are people like Joseph Farah of Worldnetdaily.com, Brigitte Gabriel, Amil Imani, and that woman who founded Arabs For Israel, whom I respect and admire. But that's it!  I wrote about this a while back in my Ask Lisa thread:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,40952.msg431728.html#msg431728

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But from what I have read and seen of Arab Christians, they seem to identify politically, socially and racially as Arab Muslims.  Many of them (with the exception of the wonderful Joseph Farah) are anti-semitic and pro-fakestinian.  For example, I read an article on the AP a while back about how some Orthodox priest in Syria would light candles in his church for Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah.

Here are more examples of how these Christian Arabs are pro-Muslim terror.

Butt ugly PLO spokeswoman Hanan Ashwari, whom that disgusting news anchor Peter Jennings used to bang, is a Christian Arab.  Suha Arafat used to be a Christian before converting to Islam to marry that AIDS infested Yasser Arafat.  The notorious Helen Thomas, who is part of the White House press corps is also an Arab Christian of Lebanese ancestry.  This ugly old crone is notoriously pro-fakestinian.  She uses her position to harass the White House press people, and to spout Muslim terrorist propaganda.  In one press conference, she was heard muttering "60 years of occupation."

There's also that pro-fakestinian Ralph Nader, of Lebanese ancestry, just like Helen Thomas, who has referred to the government of Israel as its military regime:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/nader.html

And he's quite cozy with Muslim terrorist front groups:

http://97.74.65.51/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=13641

Then there's also the Muslim terror supporter James Zogby, who was born in the U.S. to Lebanese Catholic parents, who has called Israelis Nazis, and who equates Israel's efforts to defend herself to the Holocaust:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=763

Note that Zogby was involved with the Arab American Anti-Discrimination Committee, which was to advance the interest of Christian Arabs:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6173

Also, let's not forget former United States Senator James Abourezek (also born to Christian Lebanese parents).  This lover of goat fornicators has gone on the record about how the big bad Israel lobby controls the U.S. government.  A few years ago during the intifadah, he said flat out that the terorrist attacks would stop as soon as the "occupation" ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Abourezk

This pig has also allowed himself to be interviewed on Hezbollah TV:

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1551.htm

There's also John Sununu Jr. and Senior, who are no friends of Israel either.

Also, let's not forget the Coptic Christians.  They've been viciously persecuted by Muslims.  But they're still strong anti-semites.  Check out what their Pope Shenouda III had to say about Jews:

http://www.directionstoorthodoxy.org/mod/news/view.php?article_id=501&thread_style=flat&thread_style=threaded&thread_style=flat&thread_style=threaded

THE LEADER of the Coptic Church, Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria told Egyptian television last month the Western Churches were wrong to exonerate Jews for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, and criticised recent statements apologising for Christian anti-Semitism.

In an interview with Dream 2 TV broadcast on April 8, Shenouda was asked if the Coptic Church would follow the lead of the Western Christian churches. Shenouda responded that the Christian Churches had “done nothing that warrants an apology,” adding he believed the apologies were being “done for appearance’s sake.”

Asked whether Jews were “Christ-killers”, responsible for the crucifixion, Shenouda stated, “The New Testament says that they are,” and asked rhetorically whether the Vatican was “against the teachings of the New Testament?”

Shenouda stated he had banned Copts from visiting Israel for fear they will “be influenced by the Israeli media, and we will not be able to prevent this. Who knows what ideas they will return with?”

The 1988 Lambeth Conference paper, “Jews, Christians and Muslims: The Way of Dialogue” acknowledged the Church’s historical complicity in anti-Semitism. The bishops at Lambeth stated “Anti-Jewish prejudice promulgated by leaders of both Church and State has led to persecution, pogrom and finally, provided the soil in which the evil weed of Nazism was able to take rood and spread its poison.”

Under the pontificate of John Paul II, the Roman Catholic Church acknowledged its role in Jewish persecution. On his March 2000 visit to the Chief Rabbinate of Israel, the Pope stated: “We hope that the Jewish people will acknowledge that the Church utterly condemns anti-Semitism and every form of racism as being altogether opposed to the principles of Christianity.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'm going to be very blunt here.  I hate these Helen Thomas/James Abourezek types with a passion.  They are just as bad as Muslim terrorists, since they basically as their mouthpieces.  So naturally, anyone who helps and harbors Muslim terrorists will be dealt with very harshly in a Kahanist Israel. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:46:42 PM by Lisa »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 11:36:21 PM »
Actually, this question has been asked on a past Ask JTF show.  In a Kahanist Israel, people would be free to worship as they wish.  However, they would have to accept that Israeli sovereignty over the land. 

I hope that no Idolatry will be permitted. I am of the belief that Kahanism will lead to the Moshiachs arrival. If this is the case, then Moshe is correct... There will only be the religion of Hashem, all others will eventually realize the truth of the Torah. At least according to the Jewish scriptures.

But of course I don't believe that the Christian sites should be destroyed nor the existing non-Missionary Christians be upset in any way.

Offline Yirmayahu

• Full JTFer
  • Choose you this day whom you will serve!
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 01:12:36 AM »
So this thread has gone from praising the death of a brother that you think is in err and has eroded all the way to talking about tearing down synagogues in Christian nations?? You folks are no better than the vigilantes during the pograms and inquisitions. Why don't you go to the hardware store, get some rope and start hanging Christians.

You talk about them evangelizing in the streets but where are our evangelists? I don't think I've ever seen a Jew standing on a street corner telling people that they need to get right with ha Shem. We're supposed to be a light to the goyim but we keep our lights in our homes and shuls and we don't do ANYTHING to tell people why they should adhere to Torah and such.

You guys constantly harp on communists but you're acting just like them. Don't they bellyache about being the have-nots and they want something for nothing??? Christians are going out and doing what their leader told them to do. We just sit around bitching and moaning that things aren't fair and that we're not getting a piece of the spiritual pie.

Oh we love Christians because they love Israel and they're just about the only friends that we have left in this whole damn world, and what do we do? We mock them and insult them and then just because a few of them do something bad then they're all bad??? Gee, where have I heard that before? Oh, I remember, the thing about all Jews being bad because of the Bernie Madoffs of this world and how we supposedly poison wells and sacrifice goy children. Damnit it folks, if you live in a glass house then damn sure don't throw stones.
Shalom Y'all....Yirmayahu

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 01:18:44 AM »
for some reason I just knew this thread was going to turn into fighting.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Novakovic

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

I am an Orthodox Christian and I am not involved in converting people.
We just do not do that.

We do believe that Orthodoxy is the true religion, but you still have to respect people's free will. If they do not want to convert, that is no problem. If someone wants to become Orthodox, he will come to us and we do not have to come to him.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 01:41:13 AM »
78, seems like he lived too long, he should have been dealt with as soon as he floated his institution.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 01:41:40 AM »
Lisa is right. Most of these Arab "Christians" are disgusting animals.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »
So this thread has gone from praising the death of a brother that you think is in err and has eroded all the way to talking about tearing down synagogues in Christian nations?? You folks are no better than the vigilantes during the pograms and inquisitions. Why don't you go to the hardware store, get some rope and start hanging Christians.

You talk about them evangelizing in the streets but where are our evangelists? I don't think I've ever seen a Jew standing on a street corner telling people that they need to get right with ha Shem. We're supposed to be a light to the goyim but we keep our lights in our homes and shuls and we don't do ANYTHING to tell people why they should adhere to Torah and such.

You guys constantly harp on communists but you're acting just like them. Don't they bellyache about being the have-nots and they want something for nothing??? Christians are going out and doing what their leader told them to do. We just sit around bitching and moaning that things aren't fair and that we're not getting a piece of the spiritual pie.

Oh we love Christians because they love Israel and they're just about the only friends that we have left in this whole damn world, and what do we do? We mock them and insult them and then just because a few of them do something bad then they're all bad??? Gee, where have I heard that before? Oh, I remember, the thing about all Jews being bad because of the Bernie Madoffs of this world and how we supposedly poison wells and sacrifice goy children. Damnit it folks, if you live in a glass house then damn sure don't throw stones.

Ummm... Jews don't evangelize because it is not a Jewish thing to do... That is why missionaries are so insidious.

Also the person and the people mentioned in this thread are Jewish, being led astray by a Jew... J4J is an accursed organization and nothing said here will change that.

Nobody has attacked Christians nor said that their sites should be torn down. It is simply the belief that in messianic times only the Temple will stand and that will be the site of all nations worship of Hashem. That is simple Jewish belief. If you don't believe it fine with me.

And there are Jewish outreach groups all over the world, they are known as Chabad. They are doing an excellent job of bringing in the lost Jews. This is one of the main reasons Chabad gets a lot of my charity money..

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:19 AM »

I am an Orthodox Christian and I am not involved in converting people.
We just do not do that.

We do believe that Orthodoxy is the true religion, but you still have to respect people's free will. If they do not want to convert, that is no problem. If someone wants to become Orthodox, he will come to us and we do not have to come to him.
And We are cool with that.

J4J are really praying on people and use deceit and trickery to convert Jews only. That is deplorable.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 02:11:06 AM »

Then you speak only for yourself.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:46 AM »
 >>Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78<<

Horrible organisation. If he thought that he had some novel ideas then he could have approached only to the muslamics and formed MfJ and converted only the muslamics and attempted to save them, I mean if they could be saved and if he could be saved.

Anyhow his removal from the periscope scene has presented his remnant disciples with a golden rare opportunity to return back to their origin with all due procedures applied.
;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »
Missionary organisations like these think that unconverted Jews(Jews who dont convert to Messianic or J4J) will burn in hell for eternity and that the extermination of most Israeli Jews will be a necessary prelude to their eagerly anticipated 'Second Coming' of Jesus

Evangelists use sophistry and subterfuge and claim that they too support Israel, but this is only for their hidden agenda. They want their hold on religious places in Israel, for which they will even collude with Islamists when need arises.