Author Topic: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78  (Read 8093 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Jews for Jesus founder Moishe Rosen dead at 78
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »
NUMBER TWO:   Seeking converts is one of the principles of christianity, like it or not

I am an Orthodox Christian and I am not involved in converting people.
We just do not do that.

We do believe that Orthodoxy is the true religion, but you still have to respect people's free will. If they do not want to convert, that is no problem. If someone wants to become Orthodox, he will come to us and we do not have to come to him.

What he said.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »
i just have a tattoo of a cross on my arm and thats it. I use to believe in being preachy, but realised it actually put people off. So the tattoo is there if people want to discuss it, but other than that, i very very rarely mention my religous beliefs.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 06:25:01 AM »
Jews for Jesus are worse then any other group that tries to evangelize Jews  because they are dishonest.Other groups are upfront about their evangelistic intentions
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
why are we fighting each other again?  This Nazi dies of cancer after we prayed for it and now we fight each other to celebrate.  Praised be Hashem for removing this filth from our world and into Hell.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 07:10:42 AM »
Jews for Jesus are worse than any other group that tries to evangelize Jews  because they are dishonest.Other groups are upfront about their evangelistic intentions

They must be creating confusions. Years ago when I first read the name of this organisation, I thought that it was some group within the Jews.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 07:13:55 AM »
why are we fighting each other again?  This Nazi dies of cancer after we prayed for it and now we fight each other to celebrate.  Praised be Hashem for removing this filth from our world and into Hell.

Infighting on this matter is not desired.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Moshe92

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
As for mosques and churches in Israel, I don't think there are that many people living in Israel who worship in mosques or churches who would accept Jewish sovereignty. Also, isn't a ger toshav a noahide by definition?

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 08:00:26 AM »
Muman, where is your severe condemnation for left wing creepy Jews that are filled with Marxist demonic garbage?

Indeed I dont see you half as passionate about burying people that want to destroy America, completely, and obliterate Israel off of the map.

UNTIL there is a STERN rebuke for those destroyers that will ****NEVER*** make Teshuvah, repentance or whatever, this thread is a SHAM.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2010, 08:01:33 AM »

Well said.     Thank You,   Dr. Dan.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
i just have a tattoo of a cross on my arm and thats it. I use to believe in being preachy, but realised it actually put people off. So the tattoo is there if people want to discuss it, but other than that, i very very rarely mention my religous beliefs.
What you don't even have a Jesus fish in your car ? What sort of Christian are you ?!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 09:27:27 AM »
This is why I think Gd will frustrate is Chose One's for years to come and always give us enemies and never allow us to complete defeat them.. Our worst enemies are ourselves...and even with Kahanist Jews and Gentiles, each other...So friggin ridiculous.

I think it's time for some of the moderators to lock a few threads that involve personal attacks...

Well said.     Thank You,   Dr. Dan.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
Like one guy above mentioned, my opinion is obvious. NO religion should be allowed in the Holy Land except for Torah Judaism, all Gentiles (Gerei Toshav) who will be permitted to live here should be Noahides only.

Offline Shiptar

• Full JTFer
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »
Like one guy above mentioned, my opinion is obvious. NO religion should be allowed in the Holy Land except for Torah Judaism, all Gentiles (Gerei Toshav) who will be permitted to live here should be Noahides only.

And you're the same person who would be jumping up and down hollering "anti-semites, anti-semites !" if Judaism was banned in America. The hypocrisy is absolutely mind-boggling.

This place is DRENCHED with Commies.

See ya, my friend.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »

And you're the same person who would be jumping up and down hollering "anti-semites, anti-semites !" if Judaism was banned in America. The hypocrisy is absolutely mind-boggling.

See ya, my friend.

Jews shouldn't be in America in the first place, why am I a hypocrite?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »

See ya, my friend.

Shiptar,

My friend Ron Ben Michael is only expressing the long desired goal of the Jewish religion. Our religions have very different views of the end of days... Our view is that the entire world will accept Hashem and the Jewish people as the one true religion. I do not think he is out of place stating that here.

I hope that this is a known difference between the Jewish faith and the Christian one. There is no point in whitewashing this fact. As someone here pointed out, we will know who is right when the Moshiach arrives..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:36 PM »

See ya, my friend.

Shiptar,

My friend Ron Ben Michael is only expressing the long desired goal of the Jewish religion. Our religions have very different views of the end of days... Our view is that the entire world will accept Hashem and the Jewish people as the one true religion. I do not think he is out of place stating that here.

I hope that this is a known difference between the Jewish faith and the Christian one. There is no point in whitewashing this fact. As someone here pointed out, we will know who is right when the Moshiach arrives..

And the Torah of HaShem will Reign Supreme...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2010, 02:09:44 PM »
About the topic itself, Moishe Rosen is worse than the Judenrat, spiritual Holocaust is WORSE than physical Holocaust.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
What's with the arguing? We all know there are key points of faith we disagree with, that's old news and is settled. The Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Jews believe the Messiah is yet to come. So? What the Christians believe does not bother me, and what the Jews believe shouldn't bother the Christians, be strong in your faith and carry on.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »
Yes, my point exactly.

Good point. !!!!!

Let us not argue, pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeee????????????

:(

What's with the arguing? We all know there are key points of faith we disagree with, that's old news and is settled. The Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Jews believe the Messiah is yet to come. So? What the Christians believe does not bother me, and what the Jews believe shouldn't bother the Christians, be strong in your faith and carry on.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
NO actually, Shiptar, Jews should all live in Israel...and gentiles should bless the Jews because "those who bless thee will be blessed and those you curse you will be cursed."

See ya, my friend.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
I don't like the way this thread has turned out.  

Jews are against missionizing for very good reasons.  In the past, suggestions to Jews to "save their souls" were usually followed by brute force if Jews wanted to stay Jewish.  The same thing can also be said of other non-Christian groups who came in contact with explorers and their missionary minions.  In today's more politically correct age, missionaries stick with deception, head games, and/or stalking.

Now the purpose of Israel is to be a Jewish ethnostate for Jews where they can freely practice and live according to Judaism.  The Bible predicted that Jews would one day return to their land, and it has come true.  It is ONE tiny pipsqueak country in a world where there are dozens of Christian and Muslim countries.  There are billions of Muslims and Christians in this world.  Unfortunately, the same can't be said of Jews.  And to sum it up, whenever a Jew dies, or if he leaves the Jewish religion, that's still one less Jew in the world.  So of course JTF will vehemently oppose anyone who tries to get Jews to abandon Judaism, even more so when it's  one of our own.  

Regarding Ron Ben Michael and Muman's posts, I just want to make something clear.  According to Judaism, when Messiah comes, people will all want to know and worship G-d.  In such a scenario, they'll either become Jewish or Noahides.   Christians, from what I understand, believe that Jesus will come a second time, at which point everyone will become Christians.  

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 03:39:42 PM »
I agree with Lisa.  Everyone should be allowed to worship freely in whatever country they reside, free from any and all persecution.  When Jews start having double standards like this we sound like our enemies.  That said this man did not do well in this world to pick on a beleagured people in the name of helping those same said people
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:29:02 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 06:32:39 PM »
NO actually, Shiptar, Jews should all live in Israel...and gentiles should bless the Jews because "those who bless thee will be blessed and those you curse you will be cursed."

See ya, my friend.

Dr. Dan,

I dont think it's reasonable to expect anyone to bless another group of people if the individual does not feel respected by those same said people.  Yes, what is said in Genesis is true for all Bible believers, but common sense says that if a person perceives you as not being respectful of them, then as a matter of course, they will not be respectful of  you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
I agree with Lisa.  Everyone should be allowed to worship freely in whatever country they reside, free from any and all persecution.  When Jews start having double standards like this we sound like our enemies.  That said this man did not do well in this world to pick on a beleagured people in the name of helping those same said people

But a Jew who doesn't look forward to the coming of Moshiach is considered as if he were an apikoris.

There will be a time when anyone can worship in Israel... But if we truly believe that Moshiach is coming we need to make it clear that there will be no idolatry and no other G-ds worshipped in Israel when he comes...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/332555/jewish/The-13-Principles.htm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:51 PM »
Muman,

I have seen others use the term Apikoros on here.  My limited understanding of this term is that it applies to Jews who leave Judaism or at least depart from the orthodox position.  I see the first part of your response as contradicting the second.  If we will "allow for anyone to worship in Israel," then how can we say that we will not tolerate Idol worship?  This negates the first premise.  Also who defines Idol worship?  Catholics do not perceive themselves as Idol worshippers, but non-Catholics might.  Catholics say devotional prayers to Jesus' mother, Mary, often in front of a statuary, yet they do not deem this idol worship, so who becomes the arbiter of this?