Author Topic: Bloomberg tells muzzies to build mosque at ground zero don't compromise  (Read 2927 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/pro_mosque_mike_kos_compromise_SzQcRzaYlcIFVwJAfguV7K     

A defiant Mayor Bloomberg, saying there should be no compromise, insisted last night that a mosque be built near Ground Zero, declaring, "We must do what is right, not what is easy.

"And we must put our faith in the freedoms that have sustained our great country for more than 200 years," he told Muslim-American guests invited to Gracie Mansion for dinner to mark the breaking of their fast during the Islamic holiday of Ramadan.

Bloomberg said there is no middle ground when it comes to religious liberty, calling the plan to erect the mosque a litmus test for upholding "American values."
IN GOOD FAITH: Mayor Bloomberg receives a standing ovation after addressing Muslim-American guests at Gracie Mansion last night.
AP
IN GOOD FAITH: Mayor Bloomberg receives a standing ovation after addressing Muslim-American guests at Gracie Mansion last night.
see more videos

READ MAYOR'S FULL SPEECH

RAP MOGUL'S 'PANED' PLEA FOR TOLERANCE

FLIP-FLOPPING SILVER: SITE 'HOLY' INAPPROPRIATE

But the mayor -- who previously had said opponents of the project should be "ashamed of themselves" -- dramatically toned down his rhetoric toward critics.

He noted there are "people of good will on both sides" of the debate, and said the pain of those who lost loved ones on 9/11 is "too terrible to contemplate."

Speaking just hours after Gov. Paterson and Archbishop Timothy Dolan met to discuss finding a solution to the controversy, Bloomberg said he understood the "impulse" of many to find a compromise to put the mosque farther away from Ground Zero.

But that wouldn't end the debate, the mayor insisted.

"The question will then become, how big should the 'no-mosque zone' around the World Trade Center be? There is already a mosque four blocks away. Should it, too, be moved?" Bloomberg asked.

"There are people of every faith -- including, perhaps, some in this room -- who are hoping that a compromise will end the debate," he said. "But it won't."

With two key organizers of the mosque in the audience -- Daisy Khan, wife of Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, and developer Sharif el-Gamal, of Soho Properties -- Bloomberg said moving ahead with the project would exercise the freedoms envisioned by the Founding Fathers.

"If we say that a mosque and community center should not be built near the perimeter of the World Trade Center site . . . we would undercut the values and principles that so many heroes died protecting," he said.

"We would send a signal around the world that Muslim-Americans may be equal in the eyes of the law, but separate in the eyes of their countrymen."

He added, "And we would hand a valuable propaganda tool to terrorist recruiters who spread the fallacy that America is at war with Islam." Bloomberg noted that innocent Muslims, too, were killed on 9/11 and recognized one of the guests, Talat Hamdani, whose paramedic-son, Salman, was killed at the World Trade Center.

Bloomberg said guests who may be "disturbed and dispirited" by the noisy controversy should remember how Catholics and Jews also had to overcome prejudice as newcomers to the United States.

He mentioned President John F. Kennedy, a Catholic, overcoming concerns that he would impose papal rule on the nation.

The mayor also praised Rauf -- acknowledging that the imam has made some controversial statements in the past, but recalling that Rauf spoke at the interfaith memorial service for Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, a Jew murdered by terrorists in Pakistan in 2002.

Rauf expressed solidarity with Pearl by declaring that he, too, was a Jew.

"In that spirit," Bloomberg said, "let me declare that we in New York are Jews and Christians and Muslims, and we always have been. And above all of that, we are Americans, each with an equal right to worship and pray where we choose.

"There is nowhere in the five boroughs that is off limits to any religion."

The mayor received a standing ovation from the crowd of nearly 100. Among those attending was Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

Calling Bloomberg's talk "extremely important," Khan said afterward, "He delivered a passionate speech . . . in defense of our deep American values."

Gamal gushed, "[Bloomberg] touches my heart every time that I get to hear [him speak] on our rights as Americans and his brave and unwavering statements."

But the Muslim developer refused comment when asked if he would meet with families of 9/11 victims.

Sheikh Moussa Drammeh, of the Islamic Cultural Center of North America in The Bronx, said he and other guests "went crazy" over Bloomberg's speech.

"He's someone . . . who deserves to be president," Drammeh said.

Half a dozen demonstrators across the street protested the mosque's proposed location.

"We think this is sacred ground," protester Marion Dreyfus said. "They could choose someplace less provocative."

Meanwhile, the White House said yesterday that President Obama won't discuss the mosque issue anymore.

Archbishop Dolan, after meeting with Paterson, told reporters that he was concerned the debate had become too angry and polarizing.

Additional reporting by David Seifman and Jennifer Fermino

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/pro_mosque_mike_kos_compromise_SzQcRzaYlcIFVwJAfguV7K#ixzz0xcifqhql
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:19:17 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Bloomberg tells muzzies to build mosque at ground zero don't compromise
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »

Once again, Bloomberg proves himself the usual polical scum.
What is wrong with people like him?
Is he really blind?
There should be no mosques in the United States at all.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »
He's trying to get muslim votes. He knows the people against the mosque won't vote for him anyways.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:11 AM »
Bloomberg is multinational scum....Bloombergs interests are not for the United States or New York itself.....Bloomberg is only concerned about the bottom line...This is what happens when people become far to rich for their own good and are fixated on monetary issues only.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14:15 AM »
How the heck did he become mayor?  I mean New Yorkers had to be crazy to vote for him.   Almost anybody is better, except for Dinkins, or someone like that. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
How the heck did he become mayor?  I mean New Yorkers had to be crazy to vote for him.   Almost anybody is better, except for Dinkins, or someone like that
Someone like that was in the picture. At least Bloomberg is good with the cities finances.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »
"Bloomberg said guests who may be "disturbed and dispirited" by the noisy controversy should remember how Catholics and Jews also had to overcome prejudice as newcomers to the United States."

This analogy is really wearing thin on me.  Jews and Catholics did not burst onto the American stage with acts of raw barbarism, as did Islam.  Allow me to repeat my oft-said counter-analogy:  Did America allow immigration from Japan and Germany during the Second World War?

I regret to say that 'Hizzoner' is likely going to get his way.  And I further regret to say that this building will likely become the second-most visited spot in international Muslim tourism, after Mecca ..... coming to you soon, Mohammed's own Arc de Triumphe. (sp?)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:35 AM »
America did let Nazi war criminals immigrate to use their scientists after the war.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 10:17:53 AM »
True Jews and Christians didn't crash ships into docks.They also had to wait their turn to build Churches and Synagogues.We have 2000 mosques in the U.S. I wouldn't be suprised to learn that Bloomberg has a qurananimal girlfriend as well as large investments in muzz countries
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:16:57 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »
America did let Nazi war criminals immigrate to use their scientists after the war.
True it was a hard decision but if we didn't the Russians would use them

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
"Bloomberg said guests who may be "disturbed and dispirited" by the noisy controversy should remember how Catholics and Jews also had to overcome prejudice as newcomers to the United States."

This analogy is really wearing thin on me.  Jews and Catholics did not burst onto the American stage with acts of raw barbarism, as did Islam.  Allow me to repeat my oft-said counter-analogy:  Did America allow immigration from Japan and Germany during the Second World War?

I regret to say that 'Hizzoner' is likely going to get his way.  And I further regret to say that this building will likely become the second-most visited spot in international Muslim tourism, after Mecca ..... coming to you soon, Mohammed's own Arc de Triumphe. (sp?)

Actually, a better analogy would be: Did America allow the Japanese to build a Shinto temple at Pearl Harbor during WWII?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
Bloomberg tells  muzzies  to build mosque at ground zero  don't compromise >> Inciting the muslamics >> again some one can call it a Zionist conspiracy.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 11:17:32 AM »
Of cause this was evil.  But Nazi war criminals, like Wernher von Braun had at least something to offer. So I understand the mind of evil people. They saw a gain in it, althrough it was wrong.

But honestly to what thing are Muslims usefull for Mike? They are not known as brilliant scientists, hard workers, intellectuals, etc. The only thing  a Muslims want in the western world is a lazy welfare life on the expensis of the kufar.

What Milke is doing is colloboration with the enemy without gain. Imo not a case for the judge, but for the psychatrist.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »

Bulls eye.

Actually, a better analogy would be: Did America allow the Japanese to build a Shinto temple at Pearl Harbor during WWII?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
Right after 9/11 there was an election for mayor between two arseholes, Rudy didn't want to endorse either. He couldn't run for mayor anymore and from public pressure he had to flip a coin and it landed on Bloomberg.
So he endorsed Bloomberg. Right away people voted for Bloomberg.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
bloomkike aint getting reelected.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »

Who is running against him? Any ideas of available candidates?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »

Mike Bloomberg was re-elected as NYC Mayor in November,  2009.    He ran as an Independent,   after leaving the Republican Party a few years earlier.   Bloomberg convinced the NY City Council  ( the vast majority which were and are Democrats )  to change the law that previously prevented a NYC Mayor for running for a 3rd term.       The next NYC Mayoral election is in Nov. 2013.      While Bloomberg is a complete disaster,     it's hard to be optimistic that the next NYC Mayor will be any better.         
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »

i dont know anything about NYC politics, but its a big city, there must be some small candidate

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 07:16:01 PM »
A right wing journalist should write an article talking about how the Bloomberg and city officials refuse to build the Greek Orthodox Church near Ground Zero, yet are enthusiastically pushing for this terror mosque to be built. 

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »
Today Michael Savage exposed Bloomberg's DEEP ties with the Muslim world and how he's expanding his media and banking empire throughout the Muslim countries.

His headquarters there is in DUBAI.

Gee...remember what I wrote about where to find all the Republicans?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:16:17 AM »
He is a filthy SOB.. There was a church a Greek Orthodox church right at the foot of G.Z. that was destroyed when the WTC fell ontop of it,, till now that church has never been rebuilt,, till now this filthy animal so called mayor dragged his feet to put a memorial in the names of the vicitms but he crawls on his hands and knees and kisses up to put this audacity.. Leftist honor the dead of 911 by spitting on their graves.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
This scumsucking mayor couldn't even say the word "Jihadist" or "Muslim Terrorist" when that Muzhead Paki tried to blow up Time Square.. What is he in love with this filthy Imam?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 01:26:03 AM »
The Coon:  "Any ideas of available candidates? "

With all due respect, Coon, it was the last election in which all the Jews were for Bloomberg because of his strong business background and because he had proven his "conservative" credentials by switching over to the GOP.
He was the candidate which would be good for the Jews and good for New York City!
The next election will serve only to empower the next version of Bloomberg, or someone much much worse like the Minister Farrakhan.
If you live in NYC you'd better get the hell out and move far away now while you still have the opportunity to do it.
All on this forum who continually excite themselves looking towards "the next elections" to whisk in the GOP and fix everything remind me of shipwreck victims washed up on a small sandy atoll in the middle of nowhere without food and water, who keep searching the horizon hoping for the rescue ship which doesn't exist.
"There are none so blind as those who just won't see."